The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-08, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-08 AT 08:22 AM (EST)

You've seen all twenty-four. Who do you love? Who do you loathe? Who will Bruno completely lose his mind over next, which isn't exactly a difficult accomplishment? And will Carrie-Ann's hormonal surges ever stop? These questions and many more will not even remotely be answered as you rank the couples in -- this season's first Love List!

You may not deduct points based on how stupid Samantha's questions were.

ETA: And don't forget: this is the point where we attempt the traditional Nicknaming Of The Teams. Let's see what sticks.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... mindy23 03-19-08 1
   RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... Ahtumbreez 03-19-08 7
       RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... qwertypie 03-20-08 14
           RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... Ahtumbreez 03-20-08 15
 RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... Estee 03-19-08 2
   RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... MasterTech 03-19-08 4
       RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... Estee 03-19-08 5
           RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... MasterTech 03-19-08 11
               RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... Estee 03-19-08 12
                   RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... Snidget 03-19-08 13
 RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... Snidget 03-19-08 3
   RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... mindy23 03-19-08 6
 RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... djandy 03-19-08 8
   RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... Snidget 03-19-08 9
 RE: Dancing With The Stars Love Lis... CattyChat 03-19-08 10
   RE: Monica mindy23 03-21-08 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-19-08, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
Well, I've come up with a few that may or may not stick. Some are faves, some are not. We'll see what you all think.

Karina and Mario part deux, or the sequel. Or Kario.
Steve+Anna=SteveAnna
Penn and Kym are kind of tough since they are mono-syllabic. Anyone??

Adam+Julianne=Juliadam?
Cheryl+Christian=Chiristian?? (not crazy about that one)
Jason+Edyta=Jedyta
Marissa+Toni=Marroni
Monica+Jonathan=Monathan
Marlee+Fabian=Farlee or Mabian. Like Farlee better. Couldn't figure out how to put the interpreter in there-maybe someone else can??

Mark+Kristi=Misti?
Shannon+Derek=Sherek or Dannon

That's MY contribution for the day. About all my brain can handle at this time.

As far as faves for last night-wow, who knew about Priscilla?? No wonder the King was so enamored, eh? Those moves! And this woman is in her 60's! She's amazing. I mean, just because you've had some botox here and there, and a few nips and tucks doesn't mean your body can keep up, but obviously in HER case, shes's in great shape! Way to go, Girl!

Of course, Kristi was great, too. I think most of us felt she was going to have an advantage, no matter what she said about skating being so different. It's still about being an athlete, picking up routines quickly, and that mind-body connection. And she is SO petite and in such good shape. She really does have that advantage-fair or not, she's really in there! Felt a little bad for Monica. She really has that competitive edge, but just not quite the perfomance package to go with.

I think Marissa and Marlee could both go far in this if they don't get passed up by the above. Shannon? She is still in the shadows for me. But, boy, does that little blond-headed boy know how to choreograph! Way to go, Derek!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
I think Shannon and Derek should be Team Shrek.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-08, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
You beat me to it!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-08, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
Ha!

03-19-08, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
1. Penn & Kym (Team Bullsh!t): I'll probably be the only person who has him in the pole position. I can live with that. I'm not always completely in tune with Penn's life of myth deconstruction and carefully-directed sarcasm -- and yes, you probably do have to consider the source on that statement -- finding it works best in moderate to small doses. In this case, the amount of time he spends on the dance floor is a small dose. He'll have fun out there for as long as he lasts, and he'll be one of the few who can blast the judges right back. There's no denying he's got problems as a dancer -- but at least he won't be denying them...

2. Marissa & Tony (Team Fireball): It's not ballroom. It's more like a new anthem for Not Appearing On America's Next Top Model Nation. The best description I ever heard of Marissa was 'men would switch types for her: women just consider switching gender attractions'. That level of self-confidence can be (to pull in someone else's phrasing) hellasexy, and she'll draw votes from some odd quarters. The problem is -- it's still not ballroom dancing. At some point, she has to get herself under control, or she's going out like Sabrina: in a blaze of glory with no public backing behind it.

3. Shannon & Derek (Team Sex): The tomboy making good and the Leonardo wanna-be coaching her through it. If you've seen Shannon's prior ventures into the genre, you know she doesn't take herself too seriously. (Established her screen presence in a series of direct-to-DVD sex comedies: what's to take?) She's here to have fun with this. But eventually, Derek is going to want more classic moves, and I'm not sure he's going to get them. Shannon's very much in character: the self-induced ditz who can stop it any time she likes -- and she'll decide when that is.

4. Jason & Edyta (Team Tutu): So much potential, so little chance to fulfill it. How did Jason even talk himself into being here? He's far too concerned with what the rest of the world will think of him, or at least the tiny subculture he spends most of his time in. If it's not bleeding, it's not macho: if it's not macho, then he officially turns into a girl. I'm already nominating him for Most Likely To Fake An Injury To Get Out Of This. An excruciatingly painful, manly injury. He might be able to progress more than anyone -- but he's living in fear of people mocking his doing well. Jason can live with failure: success may not be an option.

5. Mario & Karina (Team Reuben): All right: one team on the male side which could conceivably stick around for a while. Right now, he seems to be far too toned down: either he's got a very low-key personality or he's suppressing himself so he won't scare the Midwest. ('I'm a potential teen idol! I must be completely safe at all times!') He's good -- but beyond that, I don't know who he is yet.

6. Kristi & Mark (Team Ringer): I don't like this. Yes, they're good, but -- I've never liked professional ice dancing because of the horrific restraints involved. Performers aren't contained by the rules: they're bound by them, locked in chains that say any mistake is the final one, any display of originality must be punished, and the worst sin you can commit is having a personality. Kristi's good, but it's in a way that feels like a robot freshly reprogramming to do the exact same task in a slightly different setting. She's locked herself in, and she's not coming out any time soon -- if ever. If I got the impression she was into this on any level, she'd be close to the top. As is, her skill keeps her from dropping any further -- and the mask prevents her from advancing.

7. Marlee & Fabian (Team Menage a' Trois): I can't wait until her interpreter gets out on the dance floor with them... There's a definite elegance about her, and it'll serve her well in the close dances. But more than anyone else, she has to rely on memorization and visual cues: any ballroom routine with extended separation between partners is going to push her to the limits. Beyond that, this is pretty much the 'meh' middle position. She's there, she's decent, and she's not making much of an impression yet. Could go up, could go down, could go out -- but she should get a few weeks to make a move before that last happens.

8. Steve & Anna (Team Just Here For The Experience!): This may wind up being a waste of a perfectly good contestant slot. 'I'm in the public eye again! I'm making my parents happy! I got a free top hat!' But is he here to seriously compete? Probably not: he already made his parents happy, so mission accomplished. This is a Survivor crossover of sorts: put Steve on that show, and he'd be openly, actively, and on-camera wishing to make the jury. Anyone who comes for the experience tends to get it -- and nothing else.

9. Adam & Julianne (Team Marionette): Actually, no: this is the waste of a perfectly good contestant slot. Is Julianne begging for votes or an early release? You make the call! Adam's admitted he's no good at this, which is fine: no one expects expertise on the first dance. I just don't know if he has any interest in getting better, because comedy depends on staying bad. Steve is here to enjoy himself, while Adam may be around just to mock himself: a few minutes a week on the air, hours of material for the radio show! As such, I vote we give him lots of bits to use. Nothing's funnier than going off first, right?

10. Cristian & Cheryl (Team Telanovela): I don't like him. I don't know why. There's something here that's rubbing me the wrong way. Maybe it's all the 'ain't I pretty?' side glances at the camera. It could be the feeling that he only showed up to get an American career on some level of 'established'. Or it's that smile. It could definitely be that smile, because it feels like he painted it on. News flash, not-so-pretty boy: you're not fun. We've had fun. You aren't it.

11. Monica & Jonathan (Team Pity): So. At any point during your non-childhood of training, training, and more training, with the occasional break for a competition -- did you ever remotely consider saying the word 'No'?

12. Priscilla & Louis (Team Laminate): I'm suspicious. Sure, she's generally a private person. Yes, she doesn't spend a lot of time in the public eye. And yet -- here she is. Willing to be in front of the cameras. Out of nowhere after a long time vacationing in it. I dunno about the rest of you, but I smell an autobiography...

MasterTech 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-19-08, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MasterTech Click to send private message to MasterTech Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-08 AT 03:23 PM (EST)

I'm gonna pick a couple of nits here: Kristi was a figure skater, not an ice dancer. And while figure skating is rewarded for precision, interpretation i.e. artistry is also factored into the scoring. Besides, ballroom dancing is scored on precision as well. Why do you think the judges are always nitpicking over footwork and frame? Anyway, I didn't see a robotic perfomance, I saw a good one.

03-19-08, 01:05 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
Figure skating is ice dancing. It's just a question of what you choose to title it with. And as far as working in artistry goes, there's exactly one organization more inherently conservative and loathing of people trying new things than skate judges. I believe it's based in Italy.

Beyond that, everything's subjective. It's a Love List. The review of facts typically goes in the Survivor spoiler forums.

MasterTech 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-19-08, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MasterTech Click to send private message to MasterTech Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
>Figure skating is ice dancing.
>It's just a question of
>what you choose to title
>it with.

You misunderstood me. I meant they are two different diciplines. Figure skating is a separately judged sport from ice dancing. Kinda sorta like how in dancing there is Ballroom and Latin.

03-19-08, 03:50 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
Fair enough. I just believe that all forms of figure skating ultimately come down to some amount of dancing on and over the ice.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
The main difference is Figure Skating is usually "danced" to the melody and has more obviously athletic moves (the jumps and lifts/throws when pairs).

Ice Dancing is usually "danced" to the beat of the music in some ballroom style (other than the final free-style) and lifts can't go over the shoulder to keep it more ballroom-like.

03-19-08, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
1. Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas (Team Ice Dream) Yep, she has an advantage with her background which seems unfair. However she is also married to one of our local Hockey Players and from what I've seen about them in local news she seems to be a genuinely nice person. She did really well and used her skill to her advantage so she takes the top for me this week.

2. Penn Jillette & Kym Johnson (Team Does this Mean Kym can't talk?). Dancing skill ain't much, but he had a lot of fun. He also used what skills he has to his advantage so he tops my list from the guys side.

3. Priscilla Presley & Louis van Amstel (Team Plastique) No wonder she's been hiding away. The recovery time from that much surgery has to be extensive. Surprising amount of grace for their first time out. Will she be able to do any of the explosive Latin dances without something popping off is my question.

4. Mario Barrett & Karina Smirnoff (Team Redux) So you need someone with the same name so you don't forget it? He has some skills and did OK, but I'd need to see more to rank them higher (both skills and personality)

5. Marlee Matlin & Fabian Sanchez (Team Gimmick) You know a big part of her being there is the producers think people will turn in just to see if she can do it. On the other hand, I really do enjoy seeing people with various disabilities on reality TV. I think she did a pretty good dance for the first time out even if she could hear the music. Props to Fabian for working out how to make this work for her with the choreography.

6. Cristián de la Fuente & Cheryl Burke (Team maybe we will let you have a chance this year again). DWTS sure does hate the threepeat, don't they? I like her much more than him. Hopefully she'll get a chance to stick around a bit.

7. Adam Carolla & Julianne Hough (Team no threepeat for you, either). DWTS sure does hate the threepeat, don't they? Watching Julianne beg was worth getting this spot even though the dancing was painful.

8. Steve Guttenberg & Anna Trebunskaya (Team All I Wanna Do Is Have Some Fun). You had fun, I had fun. Not enough fun to rank you higher, but enough to take 8th place.

9. Jason Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska (Team Jock) Needs to stop worrying about what the guys will think, but may have some chance of actually learning to dance.

10. Marissa Jaret Winokur & Tony Dovolani (Team Jackhammer) If this was a contests where speed counted...Oh and stop pulling the Broadway faces. There is a camera. It shows your face really big on the TV. You don't have to make sure the back row sees your expression.

11 Shannon Elizabeth & Derek Hough (Team She's Got Legs) I think she may have stolen some of Marissa's. Now if she could just learn how to use them.

12. Monica Seles & Jonathan Roberts. (Team Balls) She dances like she has them, and not in anything approaching a good way. Eeek!

03-19-08, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
Well, you can certainly see that I am NEW at this!! Just call me team STUPID!

OK, I'll have to think about all this, take it in, and see if and how I come up with anything more original. I doubt it, though. At this point looks like Estee and Snidget-as always-have got it down pretty pat.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-19-08, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-08 AT 02:08 PM (EST)

1.) Kristi & Mark - very graceful. I'll be interested to see how she does with the latin dances.
2.) Marissa & Tony - her bubbling over personality is nice but could get old. I hope she channels her energy to good use.
3.) Mario & Karina - Natural ability.
4.) Marlee & Fabian - I wonder why they partnered a new dancer with a deaf star? They seemed to work well together, though.
5.) Steve & Anna - I watched Anna on America's Ballroom Challenge, and she is a great dancer. Steve is very excited to be there.
6.) Priscilla & Louis - Very impressive for her age.
7.) Jason & Edyta - relax.
8.) Shannon & Derek - More for Derek than Shannon. If she's going to wear short skirts, she needs to straighten her legs and point her toes.
9.) Cristian & Cheryl - More for Cheryl than Christian. His overly goofy behavior makes the "latin heartthrob" label unbelievable.
10.) Adam & Julianne - More for Julianne than Adam. Julianne really drew the short straw this year. We'll see how far her popularity will drag Adam.
11.) Monica & Johnathan - I felt sorry for her -- she looked like she was about to cry with the criticism.
12.) Penn & Kym - Funny, but a horrible dancer.

03-19-08, 01:52 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-08 AT 01:53 PM (EST)

"I wonder why they partnered a new dancer with a deaf star?"

I wondered that as well.

I wonder if the ego of any of the dancers that have been around awhile might have anything to do with it. After all the show has been on long enough sometimes we know the professionals more than we know some of the D-listers they are dancing with.

ETA: Not that all of the stars are unknowns, but some of them I really don't know much about or haven't seen much of lately and I recognize the dancers on sight by now.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-08, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dancing With The Stars Love List V6.1"
1. Kristi & Mark (Team Ice Dream): I knew Kristi would knock my socks off. I've been a Kristi fan for years and was excited to see her this season. While I am not impressed with stars with prior dance experience, I love the atheletes, with their dedication and work ethic who come in and give it their all. She was spectacular.

2. Marlee & Fabian (Team I'm not Listening): I was very impressed by Marlee's first week out. I really didn't expect her to do as well as she did. Definitely a few missteps, but she was elegant, beautiful and impressive.

3. Penn & Kym (Team Illusion): Huge fan of Penn's sense of humor. As expected, Penn's jokes were great and his feet were not. I want him to stick around to keep me laughing and to see how much he can improve.

4. Adam & Julianne (Team It's Called Sarcasm): Adam had me laughing from start to finish with his sarcastic comments and witty retorts. I didn't think he was the worst dancer either (actually my man Penn looked worse). I wish Julianne would have choreographed something a little easier so he wouldn't look so bad. I don't watch DWTS for the amazing dance routines (I watch SYTYCD for that), I watch DWTS to be entertained and root for people I like. Adam is very entertaining.

5. Shannon & Derek (Team Ante Up): I really like Shannon, she is funny, competitive and has the tomboy thing going for her. I thought she did pretty good first week out and I feel bad that she will most likely be booted since it seems voters have something against hot women.

6. Jason & Edyta (Team Inadvertent Touching): He sure is pretty and I love Edyta. I thought he did pretty good out of the gate (much better than Jerry did). His personality is a little dull, but I don't mind 'cause he's just so darn pretty.

7. Priscilla & Louis (Team Freak Show): Priscilla was surprisingly graceful and good on her first week out. I just don't know what to do with these two. On the one hand, Priscilla seemed really nice and did a great job. On the other hand, her face is really freaking me out. Why can't women just allow themselves to grow old gracefully, rather than turning themselves into porcelain-like monsters? On the one hand, Louis did an amazing job with choreography and working with Priscilla. On the other hand, I have always been skeeved out by super creepy, icky Louis.

8. Mario & Karina (Team Been There Done That): Here we are with Karina and her partner Mario, who has past dance experience and natural ability. Same Mario, different nationality. Same Karina, hot for her Mario. *Yawn* Mario 2.0 is much cuter and only slightly less obnoxious than original Mario.

9. Cristian & Cheryl (Team Chilean Sea Bass): Well, his hotness flew right out the window as soon as he opened his mouth. Ick, I don't like. I felt bad for how harsh the judges were on him, though. Haven't we learned already that not all Latinos(as) are great dancers? For once, I hope the model curse comes through and he is the guy boot.

10. Steve & Anna (Team Here to Revive my Career): Shockingly unfunny and boring. I wanted Steve the comedic actor to be on this season, not "world peace," "I'm just so happy to be here" Steve. Crossing my fingers Steve (or Cristian) is first guy boot and my precious Penn & Adam are spared.

11. Marissa & Tony (Team Shut-the-Frick-up): She is so annoying and I can't take it. Poor, poor Tony. She was surprisingly terrible at what was supposed to be a cha cha. Unfortunately, it looks like she is an "audience fave." I don't understand it, just as I didn't understand Lisa Rinna.

12. Monica & Jonathan (Team Prom Date): I felt sorry for how bad she was at the dancing. I did not feel sorry for her "I missed my prom" sob story the 100 times she had to tell us.

Get (Irish) Jiggy With it.

03-21-08, 09:06 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Monica"

I was thinking about that whole Monica missing her prom thing. So what? You were freaking making more money that Donald Trump at the time, had world tours, trophies coming out of your ears, and you didn't have a prom date?? Well, guess what? NEITHER DID I!! And I wasn't a world-class tennis player, either!

I just grew up in a small mining town where more than 1/2 the guys didn't think it was even macho to go to the prom! So go figure! Are we supposed to feel sorry for her and give her sympathy votes or something? Play dress up once, and we'll applaud you for that, but dance badly, and you're out! That's how THIS game is played, Baby.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but I, for one, am getting REALLY tired of these millionaire super-star hero-types crying over their lost childhoods. Did someone put a gun to your head? Well, even so, I don't see you living in a (Snidget??) double wide mobile home, driving a '76 Pinto, now DO I???

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •