The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dancing With The Stars #6 Episode #4 (really) East Coast Update Thread (results)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-25-08, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dancing With The Stars #6 Episode #4 (really) East Coast Update Thread (results)"
Please keep the opening of our endless filler parade on this thread until the West Coast gets to see how the show plans on stretching out an hour before eliminating two celebrities, two partners, several million viewers who just tune in for the last five minutes anyway, and not Samantha Harris. Never Samantha Harris. I told you to strike while she was ovulating, but do any of you people ever listen? I don't think so. The next two seasons of suffering? Are officially your collective fault.

Hmph. Really, you'd think someone could have gotten her home to her husband in time.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Airtime reminder and insta-predicti... Estee 03-25-08 1
   RE: Airtime reminder and insta-pred... Snidget 03-25-08 2
       RE: Airtime reminder and insta-pred... vince3 03-25-08 3
 recap show...dangerous? lynkfri13 03-25-08 4
   RE: recap show...dangerous? Estee 03-25-08 6
 Encore Dance... whimsey 03-25-08 5
   RE: Encore Dance... vince3 03-25-08 7
 If you're looking for play-by-play.... Estee 03-25-08 8
 Man Eliminated Snidget 03-25-08 9
 Women's Results begin Snidget 03-25-08 10
   RE: Women's Results begin Estee 03-25-08 11
 Macy's Stars of Dance Snidget 03-25-08 12
 Jonas Brothers Performance Snidget 03-25-08 13
 Next two couples saved Snidget 03-25-08 14
 More Women's Results Snidget 03-25-08 15
   RE: More Women's Results Snidget 03-25-08 16
 RE: Dancing With The Stars #6 Episo... iatovttotx78 03-25-08 17
   RE: Dancing With The Stars #6 Episo... observer 03-26-08 18
       Recap, recap, RECAP!!!! mindy23 03-26-08 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-25-08, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Airtime reminder and insta-prediction."
The actual results show (such as it is) doesn't start until 9 p.m. EDT. The 8-9 airtime is being used for a recap. We don't know if the eliminations will be saved for the end of the show or spaced out -- there's never been a double before on DWTS (or, more realistically, a quadruple) -- but the odds favor things being quiet until nine-thirty, which means you've got plenty of time to get AI and will be halfway through ignoring the hamsters.

Insta-prediction on who goes home: Monica & Penn. It's hard to see anyone other than Monica heading home for the women: I don't think her fanbase is that strong, and the judges' scores will torpedo her. For the men... it's Adam, Penn, or Steve. I think Steve has enough fans to carry him for a week, and Adam could be protected by people voting to keep Julianne in. As much as I want to think Penn's voodoo doll trick saved him, he seems the most likely to be out.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-08, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Airtime reminder and insta-prediction."
It is bad enough we get the 5 minutes worth of what will happen after the commercial preview and the 5 minutes worth of recap when the commercials are over in way too many shows these days.

I hope these lets have a whole show to recap the show thing isn't going to happen every freaking week, or infect other shows.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-08, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Airtime reminder and insta-prediction."
Didn't ABC do this last season, especially after the collapse of Cavemen?

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-25-08, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "recap show...dangerous?"
I thought an hour of pure recrap was a hideous idea, and maybe a pathetic attempt to keep the audience away from American Idol.

But during the AI ads, I turned to this recap epi.

They are showing complete dances with very little commentary, and no filler film clips of rehearsals.
It looks like they are going to show the entire 2 weeks of dancing (4 or 6 hours of original broadcast time?) in one hour. With almost no obnoxious chatter or silly interviews.

If they continue this, why would the viewers wade through 2 hours of original airing of the dances, full of filler, when they can wait to the next day to see the condensed version?

03-25-08, 07:31 PM (EST)
6. "RE: recap show...dangerous?"
Lack of time to segcap?

That should knock out at least five people.

whimsey 4402 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-25-08, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Encore Dance..."
Was there one?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-08, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Encore Dance..."
I imagine they're saving the Encore Dance(s) for the actual show at 9:00.........

03-25-08, 07:50 PM (EST)
8. "If you're looking for play-by-play..."
...remember we're up against at least two other reality programs and it's a 99% filler results show with threats of Jimmy Kimmel. You may have to write your own.

03-25-08, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Man Eliminated"
Penn and Kym.

Says he will be dancing next week out in the parking lot for those that can't get in.

03-25-08, 08:40 PM (EST)
10. "Women's Results begin"
Shannon and Derek is Safe.

Sent Cameron out on the streets of New York. The Filler of Death.

03-25-08, 08:41 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Women's Results begin"
And they sent him in spandex and cape.

He may not live long enough to get back.

03-25-08, 08:44 PM (EST)
12. "Macy's Stars of Dance"
Jacques Heim Dancers.

To I Would Do Anything For Love.

03-25-08, 08:52 PM (EST)
13. "Jonas Brothers Performance"
Is it bad that I liked every single Idol performance much more than these guys?

Hopefully the dancing will be good.

03-25-08, 08:56 PM (EST)
14. "Next two couples saved"
Marlee and Fabian
Kristi and Mark.

Monica looks so sad.

03-25-08, 09:02 PM (EST)
15. "More Women's Results"
The next couple that is safe is...

But first, recap of judges comments for the three remaining pairs.

The next safe couple is...
Priscilla and Louie

03-25-08, 09:04 PM (EST)
16. "RE: More Women's Results"
Judges comments, the other couple is not necessarily in the bottom two.

Carrie Ann like Monica's never quit attitude.
What could Marissa do if she stays. She has great enthusiasm says Len.

Bruno as to who is going, and Tom has to cut him off.

Lowest total among the women is...
Heartbeat music
Monica and Jonathan.

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-25-08, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Dancing With The Stars #6 Episode #4 (really) East Coast Update Thread (results)"
well, I think the right two people left the show tonight. I would have been ok with Adam C. going home

Sprung by Tribe

observer 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-26-08, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Dancing With The Stars #6 Episode #4 (really) East Coast Update Thread (results)"
Why do they drag out the results show for two hours? I don't watch the results show because they repeat dances that I recently watched, they show a lot of commercials... plus more talk from the judges...

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-26-08, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Recap, recap, RECAP!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-08 AT 10:46 AM (EST)

If I didn't know better, I'd think someone at ABC has Alzhemier's, and just has to watch this over and over and OVER again for the sake of trying to remember who did what.
But for most of us, it is absolutely TORTUROUS! THANK GOD for DVRs!
And you can bet mine was going a mile a minute last night, and this morning, when I was hopping through the commercials, the recaps, and the who'sit brothers, just for the 3 1/2 minutes of who got voted off.

Wow-if these recaps don't end up killing this show, I just don't know what will!! Penn, Billy Ray Cyrus, smiley Gutt, and Cameron in leotards?? Can't get much worse.....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •