The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My sincere sympathy goes to the Osmonds, BUT........"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-13-07, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My sincere sympathy goes to the Osmonds, BUT........"
do any of you, besides me, have a hard time telling where the real feelings START and the ACTING begins??

OK, this is going to start a riot, I'm sure. But I really felt the pressure of the 'sympathy' vote last night from Donnie and Marie! Yes, I know it's very hard to lose a loved one. But on the other hand, Jane did NOT go on and on about losing her mom in the same way. Yes, different people react differently, and Jane's mom was NOT in the spotlight the way that Dad Osmond was, plus the British are known for hiding their feelings a little better.

BUT, that little tear from Donnie, the dedications, not once, but twice, the little slip in there about how dad would say 'win this one for me'....Come on, Marie, I know all about subliminal messages, and this is NOT going to work on me!

I haven't voted for her once, not because I don't particularly like her-watched their show all the time in the (was it late 70's or early 80's, can't even remember!). I just don't think you can keep up with Mel and/or Helio, or even Jennie at this point! And no, I'm NOT going to 'give you a break because you're 48!' We didn't give Jerry a break, nor George, nor John or any of the other seniors! Why you, Marie??? Are you special??

I know you've been told that all your life-the only girl in the midst of 8 brothers! So special you have your own line of dolls that look just like you! LOL. OK, who wouldn't want THAT? Well, not me-I don't look that great, and Heaven help the costume designer who'd have to make those hips just right! But now, the 'dancing Marie doll'??? I think I'll just go right out and buy one, how about you??? After all, the holidays are just around the corner and it could be worth HUNDREDS someday!

OOOPS, it probably costs hundreds right now, right?? I dunno....boy, am I on an Osmond roll!! Soooooooory!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the... Loree 11-13-07 1
   RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the... prosecutor 11-13-07 2
   RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the... frisky 11-14-07 7
       RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the... Loree 11-14-07 8
 RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the... spawny 11-13-07 3
   RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the... qwertypie 11-13-07 4
       RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the... Snidget 11-13-07 5
       RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the... spawny 11-13-07 6
 I completely agree. Tiggertramp 11-14-07 9
   RE: I completely agree. mistyrose52 11-14-07 10
 RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the... sharnina 11-14-07 11
   RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the... qwertypie 11-15-07 14
 Now her son is in rehab Snidget 11-15-07 12
   RE: Now her son is in rehab qwertypie 11-15-07 13
   RE: Now her son is in rehab lynkfri13 11-15-07 15
       RE: Now her son is in rehab Brooklynne 11-20-07 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-07, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the Osmonds, BUT........"
I was a bit annoyed at how they tried to convince viewers to vote for Jane when her mother died. My mother died about a week after Jane's did. So I was dealing with it too. And it bothered me that they kept reminding us that Jane's mother died so we should feel sorry for her and vote for her. Now we have the sympathy for Marie with her father's death. I would hate to use the fact my mother died to advance at anything. And maybe it was just my personal timing of the situation. But it really left a bad taste in my mouth that they use this to make viewers feel guilty so they should vote for these stars. Feel bad for the star about their loss. But it should not affect how they score on the show.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-13-07, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the Osmonds, BUT........"
I don't necessarily think they are looking for sympathy votes. The Osmond family is big enough to keep Marie in as long as they don't spread around their votes(LOL).I watched when they were on Oprah I ususally never watch when she has celebrities on.But it was the best Oprah I have watched in a while, they are a very close loving family. It seems they have trouble having girl children in that family though. Donny has all boys and so do a couple of the other brothers.So ya you bet Marie was special all her life. That's probably why she is the only divorced Osmond she has Daddy's little girl syndrome. Hubby has to worship Daddy's little girl etc.or else.I do like the Osmond family btw.
I would like to see Mel & Max win like I said because Julianne won last season and she was a newbie Max is with a great partner this time and he has been on awhile.

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-07, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the Osmonds, BUT........"
I agree with everything you say here, Loree, about the manipulation but it's more on the part of the SHOW than the contestants. The one time I did feel contestant manipulation or an attempt thereof was when Jane pulled the Johnny Cash card in a fit of desperation as she neared her ouster.

Loree: my condolensces to you on the loss of your mom. I know you didn't post the info for that reason, but I do feel for you. *hugs*

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-07, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the Osmonds, BUT........"
Thanks Frisky.

When Jane started talking about Johnny Cash it reminded me of last season & Billy Ray. He danced to the Johnny Cash song and he also had a story about Johnny Cash. But yes, the show uses the deaths to get publicity and ratings.

spawny 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

11-13-07, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spawny Click to send private message to spawny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the Osmonds, BUT........"
First time post, L O N G Time watcher.

WOW you hit it right on. I too feel this way. Please move one or learn to dance on par with the other contestants. How long can you ride the " I fainted/my father died" bandwagon.

On another note. Does anyone else see anything creppy with Donnie and Marie's relationship???

Eeww!!!

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-07, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the Osmonds, BUT........"
Hey Spawny -- Welcome to the boards -- hope you stick around to post more.

As to Donny and Marie's relationship -- my brother would never hug me like that.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-07, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the Osmonds, BUT........"
Well I know people with all different levels of physical interaction with others, so I don't always see unusual contact when other people do because I know people like that and there is nothing sexual about the affection.

As for acting, the first shot of Donny I noted in the ECST I actually think that was honest emotion. It didn't look acted to me, but maybe he is a way better actor than I believe him to be. At this point in his mourning I'd expect him to be in that emotional state. I'm glad he could pull it together enough to be on the show for Marie. I think it would be easier for her than for him to keep the smile on and the show going. She had two dances to do and a lot to keep her mind focused on. Donny's in the audience just for support and with less to do the emotions like that are harder to keep under control.

Your mileage may vary.

Physical problems or family drama does not effect who I vote for, although I do admire the pluck it can take to even get up and dance under certain circumstances.

spawny 0 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-07, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spawny Click to send private message to spawny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the Osmonds, BUT........"
Thanks for the welcome!!!

The whole thing is weird. Did you hear Donnie on ET, saying they are "talking" about a revived Donnie and Marie show??? WOW that would explain a lot of the camera shots of him and her. I'm sure it's being shopped around on ABC

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-14-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "I completely agree."
MArie is not as good as Cameron, and he got voted off. To bad his whole family was not wiped out by a tornado right before the show.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-14-07, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I completely agree."
>MArie is not as good as
>Cameron, and he got voted
>off. To bad his whole
>family was not wiped out
>by a tornado right before
>the show.

Well, he could have TRIED to dedicate his last dance to his ailing Grandma, or like Jonny Fairplay, tell everyone his grandma just died, so he wouldn't get voted off (worked for HIM, right??). But, so far, we haven't seen that work for anyone, except MO, so what can we do, huh??
Tsnamis, Tornados, Hurricanes, the fact that he was commuting from LA to NY how many times a week-heck that is a good sympathy play right there!! And believe me, there are LOTS of soap fans out there!

I guess it was just his time. Or at least we have to look at it that way-we don't have to like it, just move with it, and hope to goodness that Marie doesn't end up winning this thing!!! Now THAT would be a National Catastrophe!!

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-14-07, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the Osmonds, BUT........"
First, I don't think Jane or Marie have used the death of their parents to garner votes. Reports of the deaths came out after voting was closed.

Second, I think Donny's tears were sincere. They come from a very tight knit family and it only makes sense that he would still be shedding a few tears just days after his beloved father has died.

Third, it makes sense that Marie would dedicate the dance that she did to her parents whom she admires.

I'm worried just like everyone else that she could take this whole thing and it would be solely on her showmanship and not on her dancing ability. But I think it is a far (and cruel) stretch to suggest that she used her father's death to garner votes for herself. If you've lost someone very close to you, you know the last thing you are thinking is, "Okay, how can I use this to benefit me." What you're probably thinking is you'd trade all the dances and trophies (or whatever might be important to you at the time) in the world to have your loved one back for just one more day.

11-15-07, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: My sincere sympathy goes to the Osmonds, BUT........"
((((hugs)))))
Of course you are right - sometimes the snark gets the best of me and I don't really mean that she would use her father's death for sympathy votes (tho' I know people IRL that while would use personal tradegy to maximize gain). I thought Jane Seymour was using the Johnny Cash connection too much and then I found out how close the couples were (she even named one of her kids after him). Sometimes I forget how jaded and cynical I've become.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-07, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Now her son is in rehab"
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5htUWQNTaXFhWpoYbVDytd-Pls9AwD8STPF000

She's having a rough fall.

11-15-07, 08:39 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Now her son is in rehab"
So to cross thread -- is this show cursed or what?

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-15-07, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Now her son is in rehab"
Firstly, I'm not voting for Marie to win the show. I don't think she has earned it.

But she does have my sympathy. Her son going into rehab must have been coming for at least a little while. She's been quite a trooper to perform as well as she has through all this

But I want to see Mel or Helio win.

Brooklynne 0 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-07, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brooklynne Click to send private message to Brooklynne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Now her son is in rehab"
This post is hilarious...I definitely want Mel to win - I think she is the best dancer by far. I don't think it's fair that you can win first place on the show because you have such a big family and your brother promotes your show for you. I think its ridiculous.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •