The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I don't know"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Zander 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-06-07, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Zander Click to send private message to Zander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I don't know"
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-07 AT 11:27 AM (EST)

I really don't know who should leave tonight. Thought they were all very good, tho Cameron did miss a step .

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I don't know Snidget 11-06-07 1
   RE: I don't know lynkfri13 11-06-07 3
 RE: I don't know CattyChat 11-06-07 2
   RE: I don't know lynkfri13 11-06-07 4
   RE: I don't know prosecutor 11-06-07 5
       RE: I don't know mistyrose52 11-06-07 6
       RE: I don't know qwertypie 11-06-07 8
           RE: I don't know CattyChat 11-07-07 9
               RE: I don't know Snidget 11-07-07 10
                   RE: I don't know qwertypie 11-07-07 11
 RE: Jane, Jennie or Marie, please... lynkfri13 11-06-07 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-06-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I don't know"
It is hard for me to say who should go home as well.

If I had to say anyone I want Jane to go home, just because every dance she does looks like a waltz to me. Maybe all the ballet training as a kid? Yes, she is graceful and elegant and all that, but I need to see she can switch it up.

The only two I do not want to see go home are Mel B. and Helio.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-06-07, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I don't know"

>The only two I do not
>want to see go home
>are Mel B. and Helio.
>
>
I'll second that!!!

But I'm worried, any one could go, with only 4 points between leader and last on the leaderboard.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-06-07, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I don't know"
For me, Jane can go. Snidge summed it up well. Also, I don't like the comments she has been quoted as saying.

Everyone else is improving each week. I would have thought Marie should be bottom 2 this week, but I thought she did much better than last week, especially her first dance dedicated to her parents. And now I just heard that her father passed away early this morning. I hope he saw her routine last night.

Last night I voted for Helio, Jennie and Marie. I really like Mel, but she topped the scores this week and I wanted to try to help save the others I enjoy one more week. I thought M&M's Paso was very dramatic, but their 1st dance was horrible. She better find time for practicing more or Maks is going to go crazy.

It was Autumn & incessant piped the quails from shocks & sheaves;
like living coals, the apples burned among the withering leaves.
~~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

11-06-07, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I don't know"

or Maks is
>going to go crazy.
>

That's half the fun.

I really like Maks, and love it when he has a feisty partner like Laila, or Mel.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-06-07, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I don't know"

>>
>Last night I voted for Helio,
>Jennie and Marie. I
>really like Mel, but she
>topped the scores this week
>and I wanted to try
>to help save the others
>I enjoy one more week.
> I thought M&M's Paso
>was very dramatic, but their
>1st dance was horrible.
>She better find time for
>practicing more or Maks is
>going to go crazy.

It is that way of assuming M&M aare safe and not
even giving them a couple of votes can cost them
this competition.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-06-07, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I don't know"
I gave all my votes to M&M, just because of what happened last week. Was intending to give some internet votes to Jenny, but overslept this morning (bad night-oh well, so much for the drinking game! HA.).

I agree-Marie and Jane should be going soon, doesn't matter which order. Sympathy votes shouldn't even factor in. I'm sorry for their losses, etc, but age, grace, personality, whatever should not over shadow the dances that they are learning.

To me, ALL of Jane's dances are looking the same. I could sleep through them all at this point! Marie's Paso last week was SO boring, I was almost embarrased for her-I said ALMOST, but not so much....

If she does go, does that mean all the Osmonds will storm the stage in protest?? And no more in the audience with their ever looming presence?????? Please, tell me it's so!!!!! The latter, that is-as in saints.....

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-07, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I don't know"
If I understand the rankings correctly, if you are in first place with the judges and last place with the public, the only way you can get sent home is if everyone gets a tie with judges and public scoring

Eg
couple a gets judges highest score and gets 6 points, but lowest with the audience (1 point) and have a total of 7 points (and I think in a tie, the audience vote takes precedence)

It is extremely unlikely that couple b (with 5 points) will get the second lowest number of votes (2 points) and the third place couple (4 points) will get the third lowest votes (3 points) from the audience, etc to the lowest couple scored by the judges (1 point) with the largest audience support (6 points). If any one of the other couples does not follow this pattern then the first place team will not have the lowest combined total (but they still might be in the bottom two)

Though I do have to admit that I am not sure how the judges rankings are going to be calculated with so many ties.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-07-07, 06:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I don't know"
That's how I understood the points/judging/voting system and thus why I was not giving any of my 6 votes to Mel & Maks, because they were in the lead & there are still 6 couples left. Instead, I wanted to spread out my votes to those who were more vulnerable, hoping Jane (who was already in last place) would finally get the boot.

Also, as an aside, I am a bit annoyed by those like Cameron and Mel who take on this show. IMO, if your work schedule is that busy and cannot be changed for time to practice, then you shouldn't be on DWTS.

Each week we hear how little practice Mel puts in and, personally, I find it a bit irritating. Imagine how well she could do if she were able/willing to put the time in for Maks to train her properly for each dance? He may also be able to increase the difficulty level of the routines.

I do still want Mel in the finals, unless others improve ahead of her, but I just wish she put more time in.

It was Autumn & incessant piped the quails from shocks & sheaves;
like living coals, the apples burned among the withering leaves.
~~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-07, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I don't know"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-07 AT 07:29 AM (EST)

I thought they went from a ranking system to a percentage system awhile ago.

The percentage system could make someone at the top of the judges ranks a little less safe but makes it so someone at the bottom can be so far down they can't be rescued.

I think they changed it after Master P or one of the other things like that where no matter how bad the scores were they still got saved easily.

Let me see if I can do the percentages from last week *plays with spread sheet* the problem is with the scores so close it makes just about everyone even with percentage of points from the judges. (all between 16-17.3%) If one couple had done really poorly like say Jane had gotten 30 points total instead of 50 that drops their percentage down to 10% and ups the top score to 18% so it would be a bigger deficit to make up to get out of the bottom two.

I don't know if the rank counts as well as the percentage from the judges scores.

It is one of the reasons I don't like the scores all high and close (besides not liking the whole grade inflation thing) is I fear it may make people we think are safe be not as safe as people think.

ETA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_with_the_Stars_(US_TV_series) discusses the change in how the judges and audience scores are added together.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-07, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I don't know"
*smacks self in forehead*
Must have missed that memo. Thanks Snidge!

11-06-07, 06:29 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Jane, Jennie or Marie, please go"
I'm hoping Jane goes home for the reasons already mentioned.

I am really really soooo tired of Jennie's act. "Who, me?" "You liked my dance??" "But I'm just a poor shy little mommy!"
Her interaction with Derek is condescending. I am really hoping that ANYone but Jennie wins.

As for Marie, I give her credit for one very entertaining dance last night, but I think she's reached her limit.

I'm just crossing my fingers and toes that people didn't think that Mel didn't need their votes last night. I want to see more of her, what a great Paso!

I want to see Mel, and Helio, go to the finals. I think they have the potential to keep on improving and impressing us. (And Helio is just adorable

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •