The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Elise still"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

krismiss2us 768 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-13-11, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Elise still"
WON'T FREAKIN DIE!! WHAT THE HELL RAMSEY??? WHY ARE YOU KEEPING THIS WOMAN AROUND?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The (potential) F2 issue. Estee 09-13-11 1
   RE: The (potential) F2 issue. krismiss2us 09-13-11 4
   RE: The (potential) F2 issue. renlb 09-14-11 12
       RE: The (potential) F2 issue. Estee 09-14-11 14
           RE: The (potential) F2 issue. Belle Book 09-14-11 17
           RE: The (potential) F2 issue. DreamHisGirl 11-17-11 22
 RE: Elise still Sunny_Bunny 09-13-11 2
 RE: Elise still grit 09-13-11 3
   RE: Elise still krismiss2us 09-13-11 5
       RE: Elise still PepeLePew13 09-13-11 6
           RE: Elise still grit 09-14-11 10
           RE: Elise still Estee 09-14-11 15
           RE: Elise still zookeepertx 09-17-11 19
   RE: Elise still bullzeye 09-14-11 13
 RE: Elise still foonermints 09-14-11 7
   Yeah! foonermints 09-14-11 8
 Because moonbaby 09-14-11 9
 RE: Elise still renlb 09-14-11 11
   RE: Elise still Estee 09-14-11 16
 That's why the "lady" is a trope. Estee 09-14-11 18
   RE: That's why the "lady" is a trop... annielynne42 09-19-11 20
       RE: That's why the "lady" is a trop... foonermints 09-19-11 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-13-11, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The (potential) F2 issue."
Her brigade. How can Elise pick three chefs who support her suit, will work hard on her behalf, and do their best to make sure she wins?

She can't.

Elise can't run a kitchen -- not for more than a few nights. Eventually, people would start quitting just to get away from her. Those encountering her for the first time and desperate for employment might make a week. This group has been exposed to her for about a month. Openly throw it? Maybe. Cook to their fullest abilities for her? No way.

Elise can't win. Just keep telling yourself that. And when this season ends, her closest contact with food serving may be passing out free samples at Costco.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-13-11, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The (potential) F2 issue."
*sniff sniff* But I LIKE Costco!!!!

renlb 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-14-11, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail renlb Click to send private message to renlb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The (potential) F2 issue."
But she did! They bailed on Jen and supported Elise! Weren't you watching?

09-14-11, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The (potential) F2 issue."
That wasn't about keeping Elise: it was about getting rid of Jennifer. The males are trying a classic Survivor tactic: dump the competition, haul the goat along, wait for the jury to blast away. And up until this season, that's worked about as well on HK as poached scallops. Prior to this, Gordon has spotted the tactic virtually every time, sometimes overriding nominations and eliminating a supposedly-protected party in the back line. No alliances here, thankee, we're Scottish. (Well, he is.)

But this season, Elise has been protected -- and some suspect the shield was placed by the network. When you have someone this despicable, you can hang onto them and let the viewer anger build. (Or you can make them roommates with Bugs Bunny, although to her credit, Elise is slightly less delusional than that.) The reason the Hantzhole keeps coming up is because it's the prime piece of evidence (or piece of something) for the syndrome -- but ultimately, that illness drove off a lot of viewers, and many haven't come back.

Hauling Elise along could be a major mistake for the series. But the biggest one would be bringing her back next season. If that happens, the RussHell model is alive, well, and rampaging towards Tokyo: Los Angeles is still being fumigated.

Defend her if you want to. I won't.

And next season? They'll try to top her.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-14-11, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The (potential) F2 issue."
I wish Elise was delusional enough to allow herself to be a roommate of Bugs Bunny. I'd love seeing Bugs handle her the way he's handled just about every other antagonist he's faced!

DreamHisGirl 3 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-11, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DreamHisGirl Click to send private message to DreamHisGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The (potential) F2 issue."
>major mistake for the series.
> But the biggest one
>would be bringing her back
>next season.

Wait, they can do that? WTF?

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-11, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Elise still"
I can't believe he kept her. Yes, Jenn had a melt down, but Elise plays the blame game, screams at people and has been up for elimination every. single. week. Not to mention the waste of expensive salmon. How could he not taken that into consideration?

Plus, can you imagine the morale in the kitchen of his restaurant under HER leadership?

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-13-11, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Elise still"
I've watched enough reality TV to have seen this before but not to this extent. And I've NEVER wanted to put my fist through the TV more than I did last night.

Yes, I know she'll never win. But I hate when they manipulate us with the editing.

I'm hoping that our reward for watching this crap will be seeing Elise in the final 2 with every chef on her brigade doing everything they can to sabotage her.

Yeah, Jennifer had her problems last night but Elise was a worse cook. Paul and Will said Elise was a better cook so they didn't have to face Jennifer in the finals. I hope that comes back and bites them in their asses and that Tommy wins. Because now I really don't care who wins. Not one single person in the final 4 is likeable.

Chocolately deliciousness by agman

09-13-11, 07:59 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Elise still"
If Elise makes it to the final two, I may have to get a dartboard---with Ramsey's face on it!!!

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-11, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Elise still"
Despite what Estee keeps suggesting, I don't think there's a chance in hell that Elise gets to the final two. For one thing, it'll destroy any suspense when the two contestants get to the door to reveal the winner - we all know Elise won't win with the snippy comments Gordon has made repeatedly.

The only two people he has not consistently railed on are Will and Paul. Tommy has a permanent spot in Gordon's doghouse and Elise is Elise.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-11, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Elise still"
Sure, we all know that there would be zero suspense if Elise were in the final two. But it would make for great television. So they should do it.

After all, the editors have already decided that we're not interested in seeing the best chefs perform because they refuse to let Ramsey send Elise home. So why bother pretending that the show is all about finding the best chef by having a Will/Paul final?

09-14-11, 02:34 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Elise still"
For one thing, it'll destroy any suspense when the two contestants get to the door to reveal the winner

But we would replace it with unreasoning dread.

The previews and commercials keep trying to promise a shocker. In this season of pointless drama, dropping their primary draw-of-flies before F2 might be the most shocking thing of all. 'All right, enough with the bloody script. Let's have a competition!' If only...

Gordon seems to have used all his integrity in the MasterChef kitchen. I keep listening for the supply truck. It's not coming.

zookeepertx 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-17-11, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zookeepertx Click to send private message to zookeepertx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Elise still"
>For one thing, it'll destroy
>any suspense when the two
>contestants get to the door
>to reveal the winner -

Not if the final two are TOMMY and ELISE! I have always been embarrassed at having ever started watching this dang show, but I quit wasting my time on it a couple of weeks ago. I have kept coming here to read what's going on (curiousity is my WORST flaw, LOL). I'm SO glad I wasn't actually watching the latest episode & saw Jen get kicked off; I really can NOT afford to replace my tv at this point!

The only way I'd tune in for the final ep is if it WAS Tommy & Elise, just to watch the whole restaurant go up in flames!

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-11, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Elise still"
And I've NEVER wanted to put my fist through the TV more than I did last night.

Thank you. As I was watching the nonsense whilst they were creating the menu, I was trying to recall someone I loathed as much. While there were many candidates, in that moment, I couldn't think of one.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-11, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Elise still"
Some people are in love with Elise.

09-14-11, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Yeah!"

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-11, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Because"
she is Hellise. Estee called it a long time ago. I'm very disappointed in the show for doing this but I'm not surprised.

renlb 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-11, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail renlb Click to send private message to renlb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Elise still"
Don't hate! Obviously Ramsey is looking at how she cooks and not too concerned that the others are intimidated! She acts just like Ramsey! She has proven herself and she is still there!

09-14-11, 02:37 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Elise still"
She acts just like Ramsey!

Could you please list what you're seeing as the identical behavior traits?

09-14-11, 05:19 PM (EST)
18. "That's why the "lady" is a trope."
A few of the TV Tropes HK listings which feature Elise:

Berserk Button
Blatant Lies
Caught On Tape
Elimination Houdini
Executive Meddling
Hypocrite
I'm Not Here To Make Friends
JerkAss
Manipulative Bastard
Never My Fault
No Indoor Voice

What a pretty personality picture that isn't painting.

And I quote: "Elise could pretty much STAB Ramsay at this point and still survive." http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitle0th037aa

annielynne42 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-19-11, 04:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail annielynne42 Click to send private message to annielynne42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: That's why the "lady" is a trope."
I am sorry, I didn't come on here awhile back! I am done with this show, just, like I canned "the Bachelor, the Bachelorette, Big Brother & I'm sure there are more! Reality means fact & these shows are far from it! Yes, I do believe the producers keep people like Rachael on Big Brother, Jake the snake on the Bachelor, & now this dispicable Elise, just, for ratings! Guess what......they can stick their ratings right up their.......! They keep bringing them back over & over & they show up on Survivor, the Amazing Race, etc. I, for one, am sick to death of it! They must pay Gordon a pretty penny for him to go along with it. WTH is the matter with these producers? Can't they find new & interesting people from the 300million plus living in the U.S.? Do they have to bring back the old over & over again? I am sick of it? Guess I'll be watching the cop shows this season, 'cause I am done with these phony reality shows! Now, back to Elise. That loud mouth, arrogant, know-it-all, crazy "B" should have been the first to leave! Oh I want to say more, but will be deleted! I would love more then anything to biotch slap the sh** out of her! They think people will keep coming back for this crap???????? Be my guest, 'cause I won't!

09-19-11, 09:17 PM (EST)
21. "RE: That's why the "lady" is a trope."
I'm envious. You figured that out in only 43 posts. Now I really feel like a dunce.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •