The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who do you think will be the winner?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombie69 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-28-05, 06:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombie69 Click to send private message to zombie69 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who do you think will be the winner?"
It's June 28, there are still a few contestants left, what 6 now? Who does everyone think will be the big winner and why? I think it will be Michael. I could be wrong but since day one I noticed something about him in the kitchen that I haven't seen in the others and that's a certain familiararity and confidence while cooking. I know Chris was the so called "Executive Chef" but let's face it he's been out of the kitchen for a while and doing payroll or something. I wasn't too impressed with him. Michael on the other hand has hardly ever been yelled at. I think he continues to suprise Chef Ramsey over and over. That one day that the contestants all had to prepare a meal for Ramsey and Michael made those mushrooms into a H with a pitchfork in between a K was brilliant. Even Ramsey got a laugh out of it. Also last night he made an excellent move by choosing Chris to be one of the final two to stand before Ramsey to decide elimination. I know the big guy should have been the one to leave, he was the worse but so far no one's made a decision based on one's own want to win. Instead everyone's always chose the worse two. I think that took everyone, especially Ramsey by suprise and I for one admire Michael for that. I know it must have been hard to do but it was the smart thing to do. When running a resteraunt you have to know more than how to cook and wait on customers, you have to be able to make hard decisions such as firing people that you may really like personally but don't like professionally and last night Michael prooved he has what it takes to make those types of decisions. I was a bit mad at him at first especially after that morning when he was scheming with Chris saying that he wished it could come down to him and Chris and that they could shake hands at the end but after Ramsey asked Chris who he thought was their teams strongest link and he chose himself I then understood why Michael did it. Let's face it, he truly should have said he thought Michael was the strongest link. Since Micheal joined their team they've been so much better than before and he helps everyone and knows his way around the kitchen. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to let everyone know why I think Michael will be the winner. I may be wrong, there's not telling who Ramsey will choose to leave which he has made really evident the last two weeks. May the best man or woman win.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who do you think will be the wi... pmspml5 06-28-05 1
   RE: Who do you think will be the wi... Draco Malfoy 06-28-05 3
       RE: Who do you think will be the wi... bystander 06-28-05 4
           RE: Who do you think will be the wi... Draco Malfoy 06-28-05 5
               RE: Who do you think will be the wi... bystander 06-28-05 6
                   RE: Who do you think will be the wi... volsfan 06-28-05 9
                       RE: Who do you think will be the wi... bystander 06-28-05 11
 RE: Who do you think will be the wi... CattyChat 06-28-05 2
   RE: Who do you think will be the wi... uglier than sarah w 06-28-05 7
   RE: Who do you think will be the wi... pmspml5 06-28-05 8
       RE: Who do you think will be the wi... volsfan 06-28-05 10
           RE: Who do you think will be the wi... bystander 06-28-05 12
           RE: Who do you think will be the wi... CattyChat 06-28-05 13
           RE: Who do you think will be the wi... pmspml5 06-28-05 16
 RE: Who do you think will be the wi... tamarama 06-28-05 14
   RE: Who do you think will be the wi... DonnaLynn 06-28-05 15
       RE: Who do you think will be the wi... ginger 06-28-05 17
 RE: Who do you think will be the wi... zombiebaby 06-28-05 18
 RE: Who do you think will be the wi... weltek 06-29-05 19
 RE: Who do you think will be the wi... seahorse 06-30-05 20
   RE: Who do you think will be the wi... ginger 07-05-05 21
 RE: Who do you think will be the wi... Reality_Tv_fan_90 07-06-05 22
 RE: Who do you think will be the wi... kaystar 10-13-10 23
   RE: Who do you think will be the wi... paulyd 10-13-10 24
   RE: Who do you think will be the wi... Belle Book 10-14-10 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pmspml5 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-28-05, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
I thought Michael until they edited him to be a little "weird" with the night time conversation and the back-stabbing. My money now is on the blond or on Ellie(?). One of the two girls.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-28-05, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
The "winning edit" seemed to shift away from Michael last night and to Elsie. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's her and Andrew in the final 2.

"I don't think it's possible for someone whose cooter is in that many places on the Internet to actually give up public life." - Landru

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-28-05, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
I was surprised that Chris got the boot last nite, over Elsie. Michael has been my favorite to win but he did come off as a bit "quirky" last nite.

Question, it looked as if there were no blue and red kitchens last nite but I could be wrong. Did anyone else notice it? I didn't record it so I can't go back and look.

I'm really not feelin the whole Elsie-Andrew final showdown. I really can't imagine either of the two owning their own restaurant. Is that what they win?

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
They all used the same kitchen, since only one team was in the kitchen at a time. But for now they're still divided.

And I could see either of them owning a restaurant. You don't have to be able to cook to own a restaurant. You can hire people to do that for you.

"I don't think it's possible for someone whose cooter is in that many places on the Internet to actually give up public life." - Landru

06-28-05, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
>You don't have to be
>able to cook to own
>a restaurant. You can
>hire people to do that
>for you.

While that is 100% true, I think the premise of this show is to see who performs best in the kitchen, which would imply we're looking for the best chef. It seems the people who have gone have been the poor performers at preparing their food. If we just want a good businessman we can always call the Donald.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
It seems the people who have gone have been the poor performers at preparing their food.

This is questionable in my eyes. Do you think Chris was edited to perform more poorly at preparing food than Elsie? I don't think so. During the ending sequence they did show Ramsay screaming at Chris but he spent more time complaining about Elsie than he did Chris. I think this whole time (until lastnight) the edit was going for Chris and Michael to be the winner. After lastnight, I am not so sure.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

06-28-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
Yes you're right. As soon as I hit submit I thought about last nite and how Chris wasn't the one screwing up the food. I was just waiting for someone to point that out. It was his "Holier Than Thou" attitude which gave him the hook. I still think the winner of the show should have exceptional cooking skills, although that may not be the outcome.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-05, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
My money is on Michael, but I have been waiting for Ramsey to unleash on him and I don't know why we haven't been shown any footage of that. Since he has some experience, Ramsey must have been on his a#s like the others with restaurant experience.

The only other who has a shot is Ralph. At this point I would rather Ralph win, because he is stuck with a crappy team and he holds up well under attack and he's not so bizzaro, having conversations with his other personality.

So, is the editing favoring Michael to fool us into thinking he is Ramsey's monkey OR are we supposed to really believe he is that good????

Go Ralph. (Nothing against the girls, like them both -- BUT neither has restaurant experience and let's get real . . . running a restaurant is a HUGE responsibility and undertaking and neither can come close to handling it.)

Oh and Sweathog, I mean Jeff, seems nice enough but bye-bye.

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-28-05, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
I like Ralph too...he's got the skills and the personality to win it if he wants to!

The girls seem way too easily flustered and emotional to pull it off.

06-28-05, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
The only other who has a shot is Ralph. At this point I would rather Ralph win, because he is stuck with a crappy team and he holds up well under attack .

He does not hold so well - his use of the F-word every 2 sec totally put him at rock bottom for me. I'd say that the editing wants us to feel sorry for Elsie and Jeff(?).

I'd say Chris goes next - or Ralph

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-05, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
his use of the F-word every 2 sec totally put him at rock bottom

This prolly elevated his status in Ramsay's eyes!

I'd say Chris goes next

He went lastnight. Did you miss the show?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

06-28-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
>his use of the F-word every
>2 sec totally put him
>at rock bottom

I'm not offended by the use of the F-word on the show but I was annoyed with it last night. I was annoyed because all the bleeping of the F-in made it really difficult to understand the F-in bleepin conversations.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
>This prolly elevated his status in
>Ramsay's eyes!

That's what I was thinking last night Vols, when Ralph went on his "Ramsey Rant."

I really think Ralph wins it.

ALSO, a couple months before they started advertising for the premier of HK, I could swear that somewhere I heard that the winner was a NYC area chef. I just checked the bios and Ralph fits that. I can't remember where I heard about this, but it was on T.V.

Time will tell, but I think it's Ralph . . .

06-28-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
No I keep getting Chris and Jimmy mixed up - btw - check your red flaggy thing

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-28-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
>>Also last night he made an excellent move by choosing Chris<<

I don't agree with this...I think it was a BAD decision.

For a while I've been wondering what would happen if someone made "strategic" nominations rather than noms based on skill. Although we won't REALLY know until next week (or later), I do think Ramsay has given a couple of hints. I don't think he'll like it.

This is a skill-based show -- NOT an inter-personal relationship show. You do not advance by making alliances with people, you advance by helping your team successfully complete the dinner service (or, if your team loses, by being the best one on your team). On other skill-based shows, people have gotten into trouble or even been eliminated for trying to scheme & plot when that's not what the competition is about. (I can think of instances on Apprentice & ANTM off the top of my head...)

I find Ramsay's comments on being able to back your mouth up with your skills very telling. (It even showed up in next week's previews: "you get that, Ralph?") If he's not impressed by a resume (Chris), why on earth would he be impressed by game strategy? I can easily picture him saying, "If you're so great, why do you need to play games?"

Ramsay always wants reasons for nominations, I think this is his BS-meter for those he chose to make the noms. Michael's reason for nominating Chris was so vague I can't even remember what it was. Also, Jimmy's failures last night were so obvious that not nominating him was like jumping up & down & yelling "I'm scheming!! I'm plotting!!" I'd bet my life that Michael dropped a few notches in Ramsay's eyes after that.

Plus, if the blue team figured out that the reds were purposely pushing lasagna, Ramsay probably figured it out too. If he didn't, you can bet the sous chefs will tell him...as Michael was daft enough to share his plan with them. Cute, right? But even if this is a fake, reality-show restaurant, I can't believe Ramsay will appreciate someone PURPOSELY trying to make his kitchen look bad.

Michael's experience will only benefit him as long as he keeps working well in the kitchen. If he appears to be more worried about strategy, I think he'll be booted very quickly.

Ramsay seems to most appreciate people that have shown improvement - that showed they can learn.
-- Elsie has continued on an upward path, and while she's been flustered more than once, she's never had a meltdown, and she's not put out disastrous food (that we've seen).
-- Andrew shut up while doing the garnish last week, and though he still had some problems, Ramsay had a confessional about Andrew actually learning something once he kept his mouth shut.

I bet if Jimmy can pull it out next week & have a good night in the kitchen, he'll join the Elsie & Andrew club...and Michael is gone.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-28-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
I think it's Michael. Honestly, he's the only one left who could run his own kitchen!

Elsie is not even close to being ready for this, the 2 Italian's BOTH need anger management and the blonde girl gets flustered way too easily. That leaves Michael and sweaty-boy. As much as I like sweaty-boy, I think we all agree that he will be gone as soon as is possible.

I really didn't like Michael at first, but watching him over the course of these weeks, he's really been the one that everyone can count on to help them in the kitchen. As other's have posted, we really haven't seen Ramsey let loose on him at all. He's really the strongest player there is.

I do agree that the whole "talking to yourself" thing looked really weird, however, we've all talked to ourselves from time to time, haven't we? (Hmmm, maybe I'm the only one! LOL) Although, if I were on a reality show, I think I would stop doing that while the cameras were rolling!

My vote is for Michael. If Andrew wins, I'll definately be surprised. Can't stand him. (BTW, Chef Ramsey was pretty nice to the customer that complained to him last night. Maybe he got laid?)

--Donna :~)

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-05, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
I thought a Michael versus Ralph chef-off finale would have been grand. Now, I'm thinking Micheal goes soon. So Ralph wins.

There; I've just doomed Ralph. I can't spoil my way out of a wet paper bag.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-05, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
I am gonna bet on Elsie now. I originally thought Michael but after last night I don't think so.

I also thought that Michael was gonna get a suprise boot last night when he nominated Chris. Thought Ramsey would tell him that was a crappy biz decision and turn it around on him.

Look at me I got a Sweet Summer Syren Siggie!

Zombie69? Cousin Zombie? Is that you?

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
I think Elsie is being edited to win with her constant focus being the underdog. Michael's story is just starting to unfold, so I think they are making him out to be the villain in the final two.

Ralph, Jimmy and Andrew already MAKE their own storyline. Ralph is the foul-mouthed one, Jimmy is the sweaty underdog that we feel sorry for. Andrew is Ramsay's whipping boy.

Jessica really has no storyline. Her personality doesn't easily make one & the producers haven't given her one.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

06-30-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
I pick Michael to win, so he probably will be out next week.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
So, you've doomed Michael, I've doomed Ralph (by picking him); I think the Elsie-ites are in like Flynn.

Reality_Tv_fan_90 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-06-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to send private message to Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
I think Elsie deserves to win. She is a hard worker. Plus she came into this totally new environment of cooking for 50 people a night, when all the cooking experience she had was making meals for her 6 kids. Alot of the other contestants had at least some experience in the restaraunt game. Especially the night when she handled the meat section. She said she and her family don't eat meat, so she doesn't have much experience cooking it. She was a little slow, but I think she did fine for her first time cooking meat with Ramsey breathing down your neck and waiting to criticize your every move.

kaystar 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-13-10, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kaystar Click to send private message to kaystar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
Well, I pray that it's not Nona. She has a judgmental attitude (calls Sabrina "ghetto" at every turn), and I do not see where she is demonstrating any type of leadership skills, just a sailor mouth. She could never be the head of a restaurant owned by Gordon Ramsey. She would be fired within days. Can you see her winning? Of course not! She needs to go home this week. The winner will most likely be the Asian girl(sorry, I forgot her name). She stays under the radar and out of Gordon's way.

paulyd 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-13-10, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail paulyd Click to send private message to paulyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
I think the asain girl, Gail, will win this year and I agree that sabrina has to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-14-10, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Who do you think will be the winner?"
I sure hope Gail wins (that's the Asian girl)! I'd like to see an Asian girl win! There was this one Asian girl -- I think her name was Ji -- she could've done well but she sprained her ankle so badly that she was cut early! I actually had a sigpic made which said that sometimes life wasn't fair -- and I felt it! Maybe Gail will avenge my disappointment.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •