The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Generic season finale thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-15-10, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Generic season finale thread."
Use it for an ECST if you're so inclined, use it for post-game discussion, use it for stuffing into Russell's mouth, or use it as an ingredient for your signature dish. Just don't serve it raw.

'RAAAAAAW!'

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Generic season finale thread. PepeLePew13 12-15-10 1
   RE: Generic season finale thread. glazem1 12-16-10 2
       RE: Generic season finale thread. Estee 12-16-10 7
 Nona Wins.. *snoring sound* foonermints 12-16-10 3
   RE: Nona Wins.. *snoring sound* mindy23 12-16-10 5
 RE: Generic season finale thread. Estee 12-16-10 4
   RE: Generic season finale thread. mindy23 12-16-10 6
   RE: Generic season finale thread. Belle Book 12-16-10 8
       RE: Generic season finale thread. Loree 12-16-10 9
   RE: Generic season finale thread. Colonel Zoidberg 12-17-10 10
   RE: Generic season finale thread. vicky100 12-23-10 11
       RE: Generic season finale thread. JessicaRN 12-27-10 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-10, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Generic season finale thread."
F'IN RAAAAWWWW!

So. Anyone watching tonight? I'm stuck at work for another hour...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

glazem1 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-16-10, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail glazem1 Click to send private message to glazem1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Generic season finale thread."
Nona wins!
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/12/hells-kitchen-nona-sivley-beats-russell-kook-to-win-season-8.html

12-16-10, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Generic season finale thread."
Russell's last name is Kook?

*goes down laughing*

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-10, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Nona Wins.. *snoring sound*"
OK at least that happened.
This format is about as dead as The Apprentice. Or risotto. Or Bobert.

Word on the street has it that there is a really good dvd set about Sherlock Holmes.

but that is just crazy talk

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-16-10, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Nona Wins.. *snoring sound*"
>
>Word on the street has it
>that there is a really
>good dvd set about Sherlock
>Holmes.

LOL.....

12-16-10, 10:07 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Generic season finale thread."
Is there a rule which says no reality show Russell can ever place blame on themselves for anything? It's always someone else's fault. Contestants. The producers. The universe. But not them. Never them. As of this morning, it's probably Nona's fault. Not that she cares. Which is also her fault, because if her priorities were in order, then #1 would have been 'Make sure I lose to the cooking gawd that is Russell so that the people of LA Market may prosper.' Heretic!

He killed himself, and the weapon of choice was the chest bump he unleashed on Rob. I think that when Gordon saw that, the light finally went on -- and it was the Check Future Heart Of Kitchen one, glowing an angry red. It's one thing to play the part of a borderline lunatic who just might kill anyone and everyone in the brigade, but it's another to hire the real thing and watch the headlines every day for the first official estimate of the body count.

You could argue that Russell was the superior chef. (He would.) You could even argue for his having moments of superior leadership last night, at least when he performed that station switch. But he nearly lost one member of his team before service ever started, then committed a legal definition of assault on another and seemed to be within seconds of taking it to the standard one.

Did Nona shine last night? It's hard to see her as really having outperformed anyone. She arguably should have been a lot harder on Boris when he essentially paralyzed the entire kitchen on his inability to count real good up to five. But while there were times she lost control over some of her crew, she never lost control of herself. Russell just about did.

Gordon didn't necessarily award the title to the superior chef last night. He gave it to the safer one. And in the end, Russell echoed his other-show counterpart in looking for ways to blame everyone except himself. Because if people weren't stupid, he wouldn't have to kill them. (BTW, if you read this post, Russell will try to have you blacklisted from the Internet. In case you care.)

Fear the Russell. Obey the Russell. But think really carefully before you give it a job. Gordon did -- and then he didn't.

Total opening credits failure.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-16-10, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Generic season finale thread."
Point at hand: never trust a Rus-hell! They are mean, ugly, devisive, crazy as a fox, bullies who will take names and leave no prisoners.

And just in case you ever look for work in Rushell's neighborhood (AS IF he's ever going to get anything other than a flippin' burger job after this), don't expect to get a job. Because he has the power-the ALMIGHTY power-to sabotage your every move, whim, and opportunity at living and breathing.

I do fear the Russell.......

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-16-10, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Generic season finale thread."
I think Russell's real problem is that he was too cocky. Ramsey probably knew this -- he probably saw all the footage before he made up his mind -- so he thought really carefully -- and then didn't give Russell the job.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-10, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Generic season finale thread."
We saw Ramsay make a comment about Russell to Jillian in the limo (after she won a challenge). It showed that he did indeed know what was going on with Russell's actions. It was obvious he was not going to give Russell the win.

Nona won on actions and how she treated people vs Russell being a bully. Russell will never admit he lost it himself. He will continue to blame others. Nona wished Russell "good luck" before they tried to open the doors. Russell did not even give congrats to Nona after she won.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-17-10, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Generic season finale thread."
I wouldn't want to work for Russell. I can tell you that. Yes, he's as intense as Chef is. That can be a good thing - and the switch he made on the fly was a potential winning move.

But the problem with Russell is that he would be far too paranoid as a leader. I've worked for bosses who have run out talented candidates who were threats to them. Russell would be one of them.

Also, he takes too many risks - trying to work two tables at once, when the staff can support one table at a time? At best, it's a bold move likely to backfire - if he uses it on occasion. At worst, it's a sweatshop-type maneuver, overworking his staff just to crank out more and more. And Russell seems like the type of person who would pull such a move.

If I were to pick a chef to run my restaurant from this group, it would be Jillian, and then Nona. I thought Nona was a weaker candidate as far as winners go, but at least she's not ap aranoid whackadoo like Russell.

vicky100 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-23-10, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vicky100 Click to send private message to vicky100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Generic season finale thread."
I say Russell was doing fairly well till he "assulted" Rob with the chest bump.. in a real working enviroment, that would be a disaster for the chef if it escalated as he would at the very least been fired and the worst in jail and for anyone who hires him he was to much of a liability. Chef must have seen the writing on the wall and his only solution was to pick Nona. Russell was a good chef but a horrible leader. With that said, I am glad Nona won. She worked very hard and I think no one thought she would get so far let alone win. No one saw her coming I'm sure!
V

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-27-10, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Generic season finale thread."
There was a second, when Ramsey said that he thought long and hard about this decision and I thought maybe he was not going to pick either. Nona is not executive chef material, but she has a good attitude and she can be taught. Russell is a nut job and if I were Chef Simon (?) I would be concerned about that ticking bomb comng into my kitchen. I agree that this show is just a formula that has gotten old.

In nearly every challenge, there is always a tie until the last course. As finale's go, this was very little new content.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •