The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"HELP! I know I've seen her before..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

idbowman1982 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-28-09, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idbowman1982 Click to send private message to idbowman1982 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"HELP! I know I've seen her before..."
I, my wife, and several co-workers all SWEAR that we've seen Amanda (Davenport, I think) on TV somewhere before.

Internet searches aren't turning much up...not sure if it was a reality show or not, but I'm inclined to say that it was (I seem to see her crying a lot.).

Folks, the small group of us may be going mad, but I thought I'd float this out there to see if anyone else recognizes her, or better, knows where we remember her from.

Anybody?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: HELP! I know I've seen her bef... Estee 07-29-09 1
 RE: HELP! I know I've seen her bef... riverrocker 07-30-09 2
 RE: HELP! I know I've seen her bef... Cathy the Canadian 08-23-09 3
   RE: HELP! I know I've seen her bef... Shamoyla 08-25-09 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-29-09, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: HELP! I know I've seen her before..."
Is it possible that it was a medical show -- Discovery Channel or something along those lines? She has lupus: she could have gotten some TV time discussing living with the disease. (She's also going to be blogging and recapping the show for a lupus website: http://lupusbutterflies.ning.com/profiles/blogs/meet-amanda-davenport-an -- so if she places a mail link or response section, you could ask her directly.)

As long as we're on the subject, here's Gordon talking about Amanda in this Fair Use exert from RealityExploits.

'Q: My question’s similar to one that was asked previously, is regarding contestant Amanda Davenport. She’s originally from our area in southwest Washington, and I was wanting to know what her strengths and weaknesses are as a chef and as a contestant on Hell’s Kitchen?

G. Ramsay: Good question, again, Amanda. A very ambitious, I think I remember she had a bit of a hard time when she first came in because cooking is not glamorous, and I had to make that quite clear to her very, very early on. But she’s a good listener, and you know what, sometimes the female sector of Hell’s Kitchen tend to learn quicker and they’re a bit smarter. They take their folders back to bed, they study, they test each other, and they’re less arrogant than the men. So, I quite enjoyed Amanda in Hell’s Kitchen and, more importantly, a quick learner. Two key ingredients in any successful chef: a quick learner and someone with a sharp brain.'

So no help there as far as prior appearances go, but this seems to place her as someone who goes fairly deep into the season. Black jacket chef?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-30-09, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: HELP! I know I've seen her before..."
Totally agree! And can't place the 'where' either. Wonder if she's changed her last name? Maybe a divorce or marriage or using a stage name? Would account for our sense of having seen her, but why the name wouldn't be "right."

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-23-09, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: HELP! I know I've seen her before..."
They only list Hell's Kitchen on her IMDB page, and that site tends to be scarily thorough in it's bio's.

Shamoyla 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-25-09, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shamoyla Click to send private message to Shamoyla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: HELP! I know I've seen her before..."
She reminds me of Lacey last year. Maybe they're related. They do seem to have similar cooking skills!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •