The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So being on the show obviously didn’t help one contestant..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-11-09, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So being on the show obviously didn’t help one contestant..."
This weekend, DH and I were at the grocery store around the corner from us, about a mile from our house. We were standing at the deli counter getting some lunch meat. I was not paying attention but the girl working behind the counter was incessantly complaining and whining to her co-worker about something or other. DH turned to me and said “Oh god. They’ve got a total “Lacey” type working here.” I was still not paying much attention but giggled because I thought it was kinda funny. I looked over and the girl had come out from behind the counter and was headed to the back of the store but I managed to get a good look at her and said to DH “Geez, she even looks like Lacey. A LOT like...” WAITAMINUTE!!!! I turned to the guy working behind the counter and said “What’s that girl’s name?” He said “What?” Me: “That girl. What’s her name? Is her name Lacey?” He says, “Yeah. That’s Lacey, the one from Hell’s Kitchen.” OMG!!!! OMG!!!! Lacey works around the corner from us!!! Then the reality set in. Oh god. Lacey works at the deli counter of the local grocery store. She’s not even a line cook somewhere. How sad to have had an experience like that and seemingly not garnered one bit of favor or skill from it.

Proud member of The Tribe.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So being on the show obviously ... Belle Book 05-11-09 1
 RE: So being on the show obviously ... weltek 05-11-09 2
   RE: So being on the show obviously ... cambo 05-11-09 3
       RE: So being on the show obviously ... Seana 05-12-09 5
   RE: So being on the show obviously ... thndrkttn 05-12-09 4
       RE: So being on the show obviously ... Seana 05-12-09 6
           RE: So being on the show obviously ... Bursar 05-15-09 7
               RE: So being on the show obviously ... mindy23 05-15-09 8
 RE: So being on the show obviously ... Devious Weasel 05-18-09 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-11-09, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So being on the show obviously didn’t help one contestant..."
Why am I not surprised that it was Lacey who wasn't helped by being on the show?

But you're right -- it is sad that Lacey had that kind of an experience and didn't seem to get one bit of favor or skill from it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-09, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So being on the show obviously didn’t help one contestant..."
OMH-that's so, so sad. Unless you have some sort of uber-cool deli, that is.

-A Tribetastic Creation

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-11-09, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So being on the show obviously didn’t help one contestant..."
From what I saw on the show, she doesn't seem like the type who's willing to put in the blood, sweat and tears (and criticism) needed to succeed as a top chef.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So being on the show obviously didn’t help one contestant..."
You're absolutely right. She just doesn't have the drive to succeed. I get the impression that she says "Eh, good enough," a lot.

This revelation makes me wonder (again) how she got on the show.

Wheel of tribe

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-12-09, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So being on the show obviously didn’t help one contestant..."
It's just a run of the mill Harris Teeter. Nothing special at all. In NY, we have grocery stores called Wegmans which are the Neiman Marcus of grocery stores and are rated #1 in the country. Had she been working there, it would have been a *little* better but still. I guess I find it somewhat ironic that she complained time and time again on the show that she didn't know meat and yet she works at the meat counter.

I initially wanted to talk to her but figured as soon as she opened her mouth, I would have regretted it.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So being on the show obviously didn’t help one contestant..."
Heh. And what would you have said? Or perhaps, what could you have *truthfully* said? "Hey! Saw you on Hell's Kitchen! All kinds of people were talking about you on my message board... OK, so bye!"

Bursar 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-15-09, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bursar Click to send private message to Bursar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So being on the show obviously didn’t help one contestant..."
>Heh. And what would you
>have said?
>

"Give me a pound of smoked turkey, thin sliced. Oh and a half-pound of colby, you know, to go with your whine."

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-15-09, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So being on the show obviously didn’t help one contestant..."
I'm sure she would have justified her mealy job as a ways to her career in modeling! You know, she IS going to be a model, right? And was just using her face-time on Hell's Kitchen to get out there and get known by Tara and TPTB.

I'm sure you will NEVER regret having not spoken to her. If I were you, I'd avoid that deli like a plague! Did those people NOT see how sloppy and lazy she was? And if she doesn't like you, she would have no problem spitting in your liverworst, either! ICK!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-09, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: So being on the show obviously didn’t help one contestant..."
I don't know about not being helped. I'd say that's a step up from the McD's drive-through, which is where I would have expected her to be.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •