The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre White"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

sampsonc 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-15-08, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sampsonc Click to send private message to sampsonc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre White"
Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre White

I think the show is appalling with Marco. He lacks the carisma Gordon Ramsay who can get away with being brash and somewhat baudy because she is also charming. Marco is rude and down right scary. This could not possibly be a success!

I do hope Gordon will be back.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre W... JessicaRN 07-15-08 1
   RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre W... Snidget 07-15-08 2
       RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre W... JessicaRN 07-15-08 3
           RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre W... Snidget 07-16-08 4
 RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre W... Estee 07-16-08 5
 RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre W... bullzeye 07-16-08 6
   RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre W... blitzen 07-23-08 7
       RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre W... bullzeye 07-28-08 8
 RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre W... Maroonclown 07-30-08 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-15-08, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre White"
I'm confused by your posting. Is this in Canada or the UK? I agree that Gordon Ramsey can get away with things that no one else possibly could.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-15-08, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre White"
I think it is the UK version from googling around a bit.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-15-08, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre White"
Kind of ironic that the UK version has lost Gordon Ramsey to the US. We seem to be providing many job opportunities in reality TV for the Brits. (I saw Cat Deely say why would she go back to London when everything in LA is so beautiful)

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-08, 05:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre White"
You'd think with as many Americans there are we wouldn't need to import so much talent (and show ideas) from England. Add to that the Canadians and Australians we've got in various aspects of the entertainment industry it's a wonder any English speaking country has enough people left over for their own shows.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-08, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre White"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Pierre_White

Sounds like a major piece of work (in serious need of reconstruction). And we'll have the great good luck to get him sometime during the next TV season for his own NBC show. Wheee!

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-16-08, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre White"
Interesting. I quite liked it and can see why Marco was considered the best of the best for some time. I actually thought he showed tremendous patience considering that (unlike the US version), he is dealing with people with zero training. Most of these people couldn't even cook an egg. Good grief.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

blitzen 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-23-08, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blitzen Click to send private message to blitzen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre White"
Sampsonc, I completely disagree! From the couple of episodes I have seen, Marco has loads of charisma to spare. Plus he treats his "staff" with respect--no donkeys or doughnuts here. He may yell when things go wrong, but he also gives support, pep talks, and makes each chef feel like he/she is part of a team. Maybe it's not as "fun" to watch without Ramsay's hysterics, but I am really enjoying it.

Plus, with the recent revelations, I must say that I have lost a ton of respect for Gordon Ramsay. He recently admitted that he had staged the theft of the reservations book from one of his restaurants in order to discredit Marco, and not only that, he published the story in his autobiography, which of course is libel. I think that is really low, and I don't know if I will even be able to enjoy his shows anymore knowing that he is the sort of person who could do that.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-28-08, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre White"
I just watched the second episode of the series and agree entirely. He truly tries to motivate the contestants - and tells them that they are doing a great job often.

I really think he is doing it for more than just reputational exnhancement.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-08, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Hell's Kitchen - Marco Pierre White"
I really like Marco. He clearly has the backs of his contestants.

And bear in mind, the contestants are minor celebs in the UK, not Trained cooks who really want to run a kitchen.

I'm reading the unauthorized bio of Jamie Oliver right now. It's more an accounting of the evolution of food in the UK, and the rise of the celebrity chef, right when Jamie Oliver was coming on the scene at the ripe age of 16.

Marco is mentioned a great deal in the book as the original celeb foodie chef. But they cover many, many more influential chefs in Oliver's life, from the UK, to Italy and to Berkley CA where a hippie food movement eventually found it's way to London.

It's quite fascinating.

copyright smokeysmom

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •