The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-08, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
C'mon. You know you want to do it. Gordon needs you. Who can resist a season that sees our 4-Star Swearing Sweetheart trying to find a 4-Star Chef for one of his OWN restaurants from out of a bunch of DAWs? Besides, writing a summary for this counts as a prerequisite for writing for TAR or Survivor.

15 (16, including Gordon) DAWs. I'm guessing 13 weeks? Starting April 1.

I'll sign on as the first disciple of the darling Devil and cover the opening episode but, he's gonna need at least 12 more.

If you have a particular week you'd like, let me know. If you have a particular week you just can't do, let me know. But, let me know you want to do one. Because they're fun. Because you really want to y'know. Because the Devil commands it.

Barring preference/restrictions I'll assign 'em on a first-come, first-served. If we get more writers than episodes I'll do a lottery.

Playful memories thanks to Tribe

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... Snidget 03-20-08 1
 RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... Bebo 03-20-08 2
 RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... foonermints 03-20-08 3
 RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... Seana 03-20-08 4
 RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... Silvergirl1 03-22-08 5
 RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... bystander 03-24-08 6
   RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... bullzeye 03-28-08 7
       RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... mysticwolf 03-28-08 8
           RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... bullzeye 03-29-08 9
 RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... Ahtumbreez 03-31-08 10
   RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... pikachu 03-31-08 11
       RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... Seana 04-01-08 13
           RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... pikachu 04-01-08 14
               RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... Ahtumbreez 04-01-08 15
 RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... DebCapsFan 03-31-08 12
 Schedule mysticwolf 04-01-08 16
   RE: Schedule Snidget 04-01-08 17
   RE: Schedule pikachu 04-01-08 18
   RE: Schedule bullzeye 04-01-08 19
   RE: Schedule vince3 04-29-08 21
 RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Si... Scuba Steve 04-01-08 20
 Two More Needed mysticwolf 06-12-08 22
   RE: Two More Needed grit 06-12-08 23
       RE: Two More Needed mysticwolf 06-13-08 24
           RE: Two More Needed jbrovertigo 06-13-08 25
               RE: Two More Needed mysticwolf 06-14-08 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-08, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
I'll do one, but it will need to be later in the season. After American Idol is done, please.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-08, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
I'm in. I'm already committed to the Survivor Finale, so please let me have a different week for this show.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-08, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
Where is Mattben when you need him?

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-08, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
Count me in. No preferences or restrictions at the moment.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-08, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"

I'll happily commit to writing one episode summary. I might be able to do more, but I don't know right now, so I'll just stick to writing one.

Maybe this year we'll see a kinder, gentler devil - one that doesn' swear at all.

Oh, who am I kidding?

Tribelicious, 2008

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-24-08, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
Can I can sign up and just have Bullzeye do mine for me again?

Seriously though. I can't commit so don't put me on the schedule. I'm waaaaay to busy lamenting the fall of Germicho!

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-08, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
Too funny - I forgot about that!

I'll take one for the team Mystic - preferably mid-season but am somewhat flexible.

An Agman!

03-28-08, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
Thanks, bullzy. I'll get a schedule put together. With luck maybe we'll get a few more peeps to sign up eventually.

A Sweet Seana

03-29-08, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
Hey Wolfie,

Have you thought about PM'ing some of the folks that wroe last year? They may not realize it is about to start either.

An Agman!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-08, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
*waves hand in air

Me. Pick me. Choose me. Love me.

Agman took me to the islands

pikachu 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-31-08, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pikachu Click to send private message to pikachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
I'd like to volunteer to do a recap. I'm not picky about which week to write up, I'd just need to know when it's my turn.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
Welcome, pikachu! Brave (and impressive!) of you to offer to do a summary so early in your RTVW posting career. Have you lurked with us long?

04-01-08, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pikachu Click to send private message to pikachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
>Welcome, pikachu! Brave (and impressive!)
>of you to offer to
>do a summary so early
>in your RTVW posting career.
> Have you lurked with
>us long?
>
>
>
I've visited here a few times in the past. I've been a full-time member of another messageboard for years and even ran my own reality tv site for a while so I've written lots of recaps in the past. I'm looking for a new board to call home since I'm unhappy at my current board. I hate people that want to pick fights on messageboards. I just want to have a good time and discuss the shows I enjoy.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-08 AT 11:37 AM (EST)

You should fit in here nicely. Just watch out for fooner *whispers troublemaker deluxe

eta a troublesome e

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-31-08, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
I'll do one in May after my class is done.

04-01-08, 01:57 PM (EST)
16. "Schedule"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-08 AT 07:42 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-01-08 AT 02:01 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-01-08 AT 01:59 PM (EST)

I've put together the following schedule based upon who signed up when and trying to respect any requests. Let me know if you can't do your particular week. Keep in mind I'm guessing at dates and number of episodes.

Episode 1 - 4/1 - mysticwolf
Episode 2 - 4/8 - Bebo
Episode 3 - 4/15 - Seana
Episode 4 - 4/22 - Silvergirl1
Episode 5 - 4/29 - Bullzeye
Episode 6 - 5/6 - Ahtumbreez
Episode 7 - 5/13 - pikachu
Episode 8 - 5/20 - Snidget
Episode 9 - 5/27 - DebCapsFan
Episode 10 - 6/3 - Scuba Steve
Episode 11 - 6/10 - ?
Episode 12 - 6/17 - ?
Episode 13 - 6/24 - ?

Thanks, everyone who signed up. We still have room to fill. If I don't get any more suckers takers after folks remember that it's on I'll be asking if anyone wants to do a second. I'm willing to do another, but I don't want to write 5 of 'em.

A Sweet Seana
Edit 'cause I like things to line up properly Which it still refuses to do.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Schedule"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-08 AT 02:17 PM (EST)

sometimes < font face="Courier" > (w/square brackets) will help.

But it does tend to not like double spaces and turn them into single spaces. Making all the days have two numbers may help so 06 not just 6

I did figure out the table function, but I'd need my spread sheet at home that has all the coding in it.

Edited for clairity

and to add, the spacing problem is why you see a lot of ... in some of my formatted stuff. It forces the courier font to space out properly.

04-01-08, 03:28 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Schedule"
Looks good to me! I made up some post-it notes to remind me when it's my week. I posted one on my bulletin board at work and will take the other post-it home with me and stick it on my tv.

I don't usually forget things but once in a while tasks slip through the cracks, particularly when I make them weeks in advance, so I'd rather be safe than sorry and give myself reminders. ;>

04-01-08, 03:39 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Schedule"
4/29 looks good to me Mystic! You can put me down as a possibility to do another one if others don't step forward.

An Agman!

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-08, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Schedule"
I'll take 6/10

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-01-08, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: HK Season 4 Official Summary Sign-Up Thread"
Alright. I'll throw my name in.

06-12-08, 07:43 PM (EST)
22. "Two More Needed"
Vince said he'd take 6/10. We still have the last two episodes open. Who'd like to do one of them? First come, first served - which is not necessarily the way things work in the real Hell's Kitchen.

Episode 1 - 4/1 - mysticwolf
Episode 2 - 4/8 - Bebo
Episode 3 - 4/15 - Seana
Episode 4 - 4/22 - Silvergirl1
Episode 5 - 4/29 - Bullzeye
Episode 6 - 5/6 - Ahtumbreez
Episode 7 - 5/13 - pikachu
Episode 8 - 5/20 - Snidget
Episode 9 - 5/27 - DebCapsFan
Episode 10 - 6/3 - Scuba Steve
Episode 11 - 6/10 - vince
Episode 12 - 6/17 - ?
Episode 13 - 6/24 - ?

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-08, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Two More Needed"
**jumps up and down**

"Pick me! Pick me!"

June 17 please - I should have time to do that one.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

06-13-08, 00:40 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Two More Needed"
You got it. Thanks. And, just so you know, doing one here makes you eligible to do a Survivor or TAR summary, too. They're the only ones that require a prerequisite, so if you like either this one qualifies you for the pool to do one of those.

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

jbrovertigo 2 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-08, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbrovertigo Click to send private message to jbrovertigo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Two More Needed"
If the 6/24 episode is still available, I would be interested in doing the summary for it. Although I just recently registered, I have been a longtime fan of the website. Thanks.

06-14-08, 06:29 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Two More Needed"
LAST EDITED ON 06-17-08 AT 00:41 AM (EST)

First of all, welcome to the board. I hope we'll see you posting more.

Hmmm... First post and asking to do a finale summary. Well, you appear to have a good grasp of sentance structure, grammar, and spelling. That's promising.

Sure, I'll take a chance and let you have it. Just remember this is a PG-13 board and our recraps are supposed to be funny and snarky (on the contestants, not on each other - if you haven't done so yet, please do read the guidelines you'll find in tiny type at the top of each page).

One thing, please respond to this message or send me a PM letting me know that you've checked back, seen my reply, and really plan on writing it. If I don't hear from you I'll assume you don't know that you've got the job and will plan on writing it myself.

And, if you have any questions feel free to contact me. The PM & E-Mail icons are in the upper right corner of each post in an unlocked thread.

Again, welcome aboard. It's a lot of fun here.

ETS: Thank you for your PM. We'll be looking forward to your first summary (and second post ). Don't let me down, now.

A smokeysmom

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •