The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-28-08, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
I mean. who is really qualified at this point to RUN an entire high-class restaurant, with all the trimmings, headaches, stresses, and decisions that have to be made on the dime?

My pick(s) would be Corey, as much as I hate to say this, and/or Bobby, and maybe Petrozza. Those are the 3 that stand out to me as people who seem to be smart enough, and in enough control to understand how to deal with people, and still get service together when and where it needs to be.

Just interested in what your opinions are. If it comes down to THE ONE, at this point, I'd have to say a show-down between Corey and Bobby, and Bobby is going to have to step it up. He's been awfully quiet, kind of passive/agressive at this point. Petrozza has been really a neat guy, but will he have the guts when he needs them? What do you all think??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... agman 05-28-08 1
   RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... Ahtumbreez 05-28-08 2
       RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... Estee 05-28-08 3
           RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... Ahtumbreez 05-28-08 6
               RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... Seana 05-28-08 11
       RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... agman 05-28-08 16
 RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... Estee 05-28-08 4
   RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... Cyndimaus 05-28-08 7
       RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... Estee 05-28-08 9
 Out of the whole bunch moonbaby 05-28-08 5
 RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... Cyndimaus 05-28-08 8
 RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... geg6 05-28-08 10
 RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... Seana 05-28-08 12
 RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... jbug 05-28-08 13
 RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... Snidget 05-28-08 14
 RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... Loree 05-28-08 15
   RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... agman 05-28-08 17
 RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... geekboy 05-29-08 18
 RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... Fishercat 06-04-08 19
   RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... nailbone 06-11-08 22
 RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... rosekiki3 06-10-08 20
 RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who c... FOXmePUHLEEZ 06-10-08 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-28-08, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
If I were Chef Ramsey, I would be sweatin' because I don't think anyone of these clowns left would be able to run his new restaurant. Talk about Slim pickings!!!!!

sculpted by Tribe

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
I agree with Crabby. I can't believe they couldn't come up with more qualified people. Top Chef seems to do it season after season, but Hell's kitchen has a hard time coming up with anyone I would be comfortable hiring! Rock last season was the ONLY one I would have felt comfortable with, this season NONE of them.

agdude crowned me

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-08 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

Gordon had a short interview with TV Guide where he complained that he wanted to cast a show with people who could run a restaurant and they wanted to cast a show with people who could run him into the ground. (He also said he was sending FOX the bill for his ulcer treatment, but that was for the next season for Kitchen Nightmares.) He's definitely getting more than a little fed up with this drama policy -- and given that rumor says this season and the next were filmed back-to-back, it kind of makes you wonder what he had to deal with after this...

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
I would much rather watch some intense competition from some superb chefs than to watch a bunch of freaking wannabe's create drama for drama's sake. I'm sure the producer's could have come up with great chef's with an ego!

Agman took me to the islands

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
I couldn't agree more.

Agman made it so!

05-28-08, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
>I agree with Crabby.

Wow, I'm impressed, it's not everyday Tummy that you agree with me!

But you are smart to do so

05-28-08, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
We're getting close, aren't we? The previews showed that we'll have the merge next week, probably right after the Reward (and punishment) gets wrapped up. That means someone in that kitchen has about two weeks to learn how to cook. Good luck.

I'm becoming morbidly fascinated by Matt's inability to die. (It's kind of like what would have happened if Brent had slowly worked his way towards the Apprentice F2.) How much longer can he possibly hang on? It seems as if every week, his team either carries him or there's just someone a little bit worse. Are we getting to the point where Gordon will finally dismiss someone on the winning side?

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-28-08, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
I keep waiting for some amazing transformation in Matt. At times he shows himself to be someone worthy of winning but it quickly disappears. I feel like he's on the edge and something (I don't know what) needs to push him over and then he'll do great and outshine everyone. But I fear that he'll never make it.

Spring ushered in by Sharnina
Maus Blog

05-28-08, 11:33 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
The previews made it look like what Matt gets pushed over next week is 'the cliff'. Or at least chooses to jump.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Out of the whole bunch"
I like Petrozza.

Bobby's been awful quiet lately. He's either hiding or saving it for when it matters most.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-28-08, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
I'm liking Petrozza. He's been doing pretty well and Chef seems to respect him. I've seen hints of that over the last few episodes. He's needs to be better organized, though.

Spring ushered in by Sharnina
Maus Blog

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
I honestly feel bad for Gordon this season. I, too, read the TV Guide article where he complained about the numbnuts that FUX forced on him. Anyone else thinking he wishes he'd gotten Colicchio's job instead?

I, personally, wouldn't hire any of these idiots. But since he has to choose a winner, I actually think Corey might be the best of the bunch. Though, if I were choosing on the basis of most likeable, I'd have to give to Petrozza.

"Not this time." Barack Obama 3-18-08

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
I'm leaning towards Corey, actually. She had some rough patches in the beginning, but unless they just haven't shown it, she's done very well the last few weeks. Christina and Corey work well together, but I think that just means that Christina needs a good environment to work well. While that's understandable, it's not ideal.

I think Chef has a bit of respect for Petrozza. I think that asking Petrozza to choose Jen or Louross was a personal mini-test for him, since he's been reluctant to criticise the other chefs in public. He'll dis them quickly enough in confessional, of course. Being the head chef means having to make the tough decisions. It means having to be in charge.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
Petrozza has been really a neat guy

Neat is the one thing Petrozza is really not.

But I get your point.

I know I'm going to Heaven, cause I've spent my time in Hell.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
Qualified to run a restaurant.

Not sure any of the this cast are qualified to keep me from running out of a restaurant if I happened to find out they were in the kitchen.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
It is pretty obvious that Matt and Jen need to go next. There is no way they will win.

Then we have the final 4 of Petrozza, Bobby, Corey and Christina. I really like Petrozza as a person. But he can't seem to keep his cooking area clean. And Bobby is so far under the radar at times I think he is hiding and hoping that Gordon doesn't notice him and yell at him. Corey and Christina were able to put their differences aside and work well together. I think one of them might be our winner. Christina is young but I think she might grown into a a great head chef. Corey doesn't get yelled at that much so maybe Gordon likes her. I think we will have a female winner this season.

05-28-08, 08:01 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
I think
>we will have a female
>winner this season.

I tend to agree with that.

The real question is which female could win!

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-29-08, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
If i were Ramsey, I'd take Julia out of culinary school for a couple of weeks and watch her blow away these final six. None of these six can match her, and she was a short-order cook! This is quite the pathetic bunch but it does make for a fun hour each week.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-04-08, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
Top Chef is probably one of the worst things that has happened to HK. Mostly because people can compare the people on HK to the people on TC and realize that, well, Gordon's right. The people on Top Chef can be put on a randomly selected team and bang dishes out with people they don't know. The people on HK still can't finish services without people walking out.

After that side note, I think it comes down to Bobby and Corey. Jen has too much attitude in a bad way, and that never helps on this show. Christina is also extremely young and probably not ready. I don't think he'll choose Petrozza simply due to the fact that he isn't a standout personality and he's not spectacular. Corey or Bobby it is. Corey's stood out and Bobby doesn't mess up much at all, that bodes well for Corey

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-08, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
One difference that DW (who watches Top Chef a lot, and HK not very often) noticed is that the HK contestants hate each other and make no bones about it. On Top Chef, OTOH, they all seem fairly friendly to each other.

Of course, HK *is* on Fox...

rosekiki3 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-10-08, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rosekiki3 Click to send private message to rosekiki3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
Corey has been my favorite since day 1. she just seems to have her ##### together.

FOXmePUHLEEZ 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-10-08, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Final Six-any thoughts on who could actually win this???"
PETROZZA is a class act. He would have accompanied me to Vegas. He needs a maid, though.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •