The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episode 2 Official Summary: Barbie’s Dream-World Kitchen"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-08, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episode 2 Official Summary: Barbie’s Dream-World Kitchen"
Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episode 2 Official Summary: Barbie’s Dream-World Kitchen

Previously on Hell’s Kitchen:

We meet the “chefs” who will be competing this season to get the prize of head chef at Gordon Ramsey’s new restaurant in Los Angeles.

Gordon swears at the contestants.

Gordon shuts down the kitchen early because of their incompetence.

He eliminates Domenic because he *gasp* can’t cook.

This Week on Hell’s Kitchen:

After the elimination ceremony, it’s time for the clichés.

I never thought he’d get eliminated.

I wasn’t prepared for how intense this was going to be.

I’m going to step it up now. I have to take this seriously.

I’m going to hurl.

Sorry, that last one was from me. Haven’t these people seen this show before???

Can’t Dress Trashy ‘Til You Waste a Lot of Money

My favorites participants, the sous chefs, show why I like them so much when they wake up the contestants using bull horns and screaming at an ungodly early hour. I *heart* them. Gordon then swears at the contestants because he had to shut down the kitchen because of their incompetence. Then it’s time to head outside, to see just how much food they wasted during last night’s Exercise in Futility. Some of the contestants were offended that they were digging in the trash, but I’m thinking the scallops they dumped there had much more reason to be perturbed. Gordon reminds them they wasted thousands of dollars the previous night. As if we weren’t disgusted enough by the trash, we’re also subjected to butt crack shots. Oh great, a spinoff…Hell’s Plumber.

Just For the Halibut

Gordon then demonstrates to the wannabes how to properly clean a fish and cut it into precise 6-ounce portions. Then it’s time to introduce the teams to their challenge: properly clean halibut and cut into as many 6-ounce portions as possible in the designated time limit. Personally, I question giving any of these Pillsbury Bake-off Rejects sharp objects, but this show would be a lot less interesting if there weren’t at least the hope that one or more of them would hack off a digit or two.

The teams approach the challenge the same way they approached the kitchen the prior night – lots of running around, lots of useless chatter, and the occasional delivery of food product. The guys finish quickly (no surprise), while the ladies take them time and focus more on the beauty of their finished effort. This surprises absolutely none of the significant others of the men’s team. Once the teams have done their, ahem, work, it’s time for Gordon to belittle them as he assesses the quality. He’s particularly critical of the male effort that focused more on quantity than quality. Geez, I’d hate to see these guys at a bar during Ladies’ Happy Hour. In the end, we have another exercise in futility as we’re faced with Hell’s Kitchen’s first ever tie. This leaves Gordon floundering for a way to break the tie. He has each team pick one person to pick one piece of halibut - closest to 6 ounces wins. The men go first, with Ben grabbing a 5.9 ounce lifeless piece of flesh. This not only delights his teammates, but Ben, who realizes all those days alone in the bathroom had another payoff. Corey’s about to have a heart attack as she picks out her fish. Since she lacks Ben’s experience in, um, smacking the halibut, her effort falls short, and the men are declared the winner or the challenge.

Gordon reminds the ladies that they didn’t want to lose this challenge. (Welcome back to the Land of Cliches.) The women are now prepping all of the halibut and fish stock for the service while the men are going on a super yacht. When the cleaned-up boys stroll through the kitchen on the way to their challenge, the women flail around with their cleavers to give the boys a special Eau de Fish on the way to the ocean. Then we get to listen to all of the comments from those guys who’ve never experienced anything like this before. I’ve never been in a Bentley before. The only boat I’ve ever gotten near is the Love Boat. I’ve never eaten with utensils before. Hey look, I’ve got opposable thumbs! Meanwhile, the women are bitching. Christina tries to take a team approach, while Jen’s magnetic personality shines as she blames Corey for screwing up.

And Prep Means…

Both of the teams are prepping. Sharon has no clue how to make anything except strange facial expressions. Christina runs around spouting formulae. I’m now watching Good Christina Hunting. Gordon comes in and quizzes Petrozza on the menu. Geez, dude, he chewed your team out like crazy for not knowing the menu before…why didn’t you think he’d care? Gordon kicks him out of the kitchen until he learns the menu. After all, Gordon has 3,000 menus between his ears. Since these losers caused Jean Philippe to cry like a little girl during the previous service, Gordon has decided to start the Junior Maitre D’ program so that they know what it feels like to get chewed out by someone other than Gordon. He picks Craig and Rosanne to take the beating.

Stick a Fork In…Or May I?
Petrozza spends his time moaning about having trouble with the menu and cooking someone else’s menu. He loses his first quiz when he makes up a black cherry sorbet dessert. He heads upstairs and keeps saying I’m done. I’m done.

Instapoll!
When a contestant says he’s done…
a) Woohoo! One less idiot to watch moaning and complaining week after week!
b) Oh, look! An easy target during tonight’s elimination.
c) For some reason, someone will talk him into sticking around and torturing us further. He’s not going anywhere.

If you answered a or b, have you every watched a reality show before?

Bobby and Petrozza share a tender moment as Bobby tells him he’s cool, the chef thinks he’s worth time, he needs to stick around. Petrozza admits he’s a shell of a man, but sticks around.

Doors Are Opened, Brains Close Down

The men get to work on their first tickets, while Rosanne strolls over after a half hour into service…with no tickets. Gordon has to explain to her that she’s actually supposed to bring tickets to him.

The men are making appetizers. Bobby is having difficulty with the challenging task of frying an egg and takes it out on the rest of the team. Over on the women’s side, Corey helps to get things moving for the women by making good risotto.

A miracle occurs – the men get all of their appetizers done. This means that the men’s kitchen is now turning into everyone’s favorite game show, Touch My Meat. Since Jason thinks he’s on the sushi station, and Petrozza likes it rare, Gordon is making all of the men message the meat as part of their cooking lesson. Um, OK.

As bad as things are in the kitchen, Craig decides to make the drama about him again, but hitting a diner in the head with a chair. Jean Philippe heads over to tell him that’s a no-no and sings It’s too late, apologize…

Blondes Have More…

Christina and Sharon are getting chewed out because Sharon is, well, Sharon. Gordon notices that she does a mean Hannibal Lecter impression, but other than her tongue action, she’s not doing much.

Gordon is shocked when he finds out that Rosanne has been hiding tickets. Silly concept…people order, the maitre d’ brings the ticket to the kitchen, and the chefs actually cook. Rosanne comments that this is hard.

Gordon agrees and decides that instead of running a kitchen, he’ll break into commercials. He decides to start with Wendy’s and runs around the kitchen yelling Where’s the beef? to anyone within earshot.

Quiz: You’re not really a chef, just a showgirl with a feather sticking out of you’re ass. Who is Gordon referring to?

a) Sharon
b) Rosanne
c) Petrozza
d) Jean Philippe

Surprise, surprise, Gordon shuts it down.

Gimme Your Jacket…And That Feather In Your…

After chewing out both teams, Gordon decides that the women are losers. (We knew that.) At least the men sent out half of their entrees. Corey woke up and was the best of the worst, so she gets to nominate two of her teammates for elimination. She’s happy and she knows it, clap your hands. Most of the dorm chatter is that Sharon’s got to go. Corey’s talking with the boys, who realize she’s going to target the strong.

At the nomination ceremony, Corey nominates strategically. Her first choice is Christina, whom she claims treats her like a dumb blonde. Then she goes after Jen for personal reasons. Oh yeah, that’s exactly what you want to publicly announce in week 2…I hate you, get the hell away from me. Just draw the target on your back.

Gordon gives the girls a chance to state their cases to stay. Christina cries, to the delight of the boys, while Jen decides this is a great time to launch her own one-hour talk show. After Gordon wakes everyone up, he announces his decision.

Instapoll! Gordon picks…

a) Christina, because his chefs only cry when he makes them.
b) Jen, because then he doesn’t have to listen to her anymore.
c) None of the above, since he already knew who he was eliminating before Corey opened her mouth. And besides, Sharon kept flashing that tongue but never offered him any.

If you picked a or b, have you ever seen this show before?

Gordon says there’s one person here he doesn’t trust, and he’s sending her home. Bye bye Barbie, I mean, Sharon.

Next week…surprise, surprise, Jen and Christina aren’t happy with Corey now.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episod... Seana 04-14-08 1
 RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episod... mysticwolf 04-14-08 2
 RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episod... Cyndimaus 04-14-08 3
 RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episod... jbug 04-14-08 4
 RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episod... Ahtumbreez 04-15-08 5
 RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episod... Silvergirl1 04-18-08 6
 RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episod... bullzeye 04-25-08 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-08, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episode 2 Official Summary: Barbie’s Dream-World Kitchen"
Oh, well done! I liked:

- The Instpolls

- I’ve never been in a Bentley before. The only boat I’ve ever gotten near is the Love Boat. I’ve never eaten with utensils before. Hey look, I’ve got opposable thumbs!

- Oh yeah, that’s exactly what you want to publicly announce in week 2…I hate you, get the hell away from me. Just draw the target on your back.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-08, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episode 2 Official Summary: Barbie’s Dream-World Kitchen"
Dear Lord Dark Lord! This had me ROTFLMAO. A true Master Mistress of Snark production!

Loved it all, but have one question... This surprises absolutely none of the significant others of the men’s team.

Do you really think any of these guys have a significant other, um... that's not their mom... or, was it just part of your excellent snark?

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-14-08, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episode 2 Official Summary: Barbie’s Dream-World Kitchen"
Excellent summary. I enjoyed it very much.

Spring ushered in by Sharnina
Maus Blog

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-08, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episode 2 Official Summary: Barbie’s Dream-World Kitchen"
RTVW had the world's most talented bunch of writers!
Great job Bebo.

One of Shar's unique creations

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-08, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episode 2 Official Summary: Barbie’s Dream-World Kitchen"
*Paula seal clap

Loved the Instapolls!

*another Paula seal clap for good measure

Agman took me to the islands

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-08, 06:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episode 2 Official Summary: Barbie’s Dream-World Kitchen"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-08 AT 04:01 AM (EST)

Oh, great Bebo, I love how you weave your magic for us.

Oh great, a spinoff…Hell’s Plumber.

Personally, I question giving any of these Pillsbury Bake-off Rejects sharp objects

Oh, darn, I can't copy the whole thing, but it was great. Thanks!

Tribelicious, 2008

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-25-08, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 4: Hell’s Kitchen Episode 2 Official Summary: Barbie’s Dream-World Kitchen"
Awesome Summary Bebo! Glad I saved it for a rainy day!

Many quotable quotes but for some strange reason, this one stood out:

Since she lacks Ben’s experience in, um, smacking the halibut, her effort falls short,

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •