The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kitchen Nightmares"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-20-07, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kitchen Nightmares"
Did anyone watch? I wasn't able to see it. Was it any good? Worth making an effort to watch? Or do we just sit back and wait for next summer's edition of Hell's Kitchen?

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kitchen Nightmares Magnolia_Rocker 09-20-07 1
   RE: Kitchen Nightmares geg6 09-20-07 2
       RE: Kitchen Nightmares Magnolia_Rocker 09-20-07 3
 RE: Kitchen Nightmares cindyland 09-20-07 4
   RE: Kitchen Nightmares Cyndimaus 09-20-07 5
       RE: Kitchen Nightmares cindyland 09-20-07 6
           RE: Kitchen Nightmares Sidecar 09-20-07 8
 RE: Kitchen Nightmares jbug 09-20-07 7
   RE: Kitchen Nightmares cindyland 09-20-07 9
 RE: Kitchen Nightmares MKitty 09-20-07 10
 RE: Kitchen Nightmares Cyndimaus 09-20-07 11
   RE: Kitchen Nightmares geg6 09-26-07 14
       RE: Kitchen Nightmares bullzeye 10-01-07 19
 RE: Kitchen Nightmares Roo22Kanga 09-21-07 12
 RE: Kitchen Nightmares Loree 09-21-07 13
   RE: Kitchen Nightmares mia rules18 09-27-07 15
       RE: Kitchen Nightmares jbug 09-27-07 16
           RE: Kitchen Nightmares foonermints 09-29-07 18
 It's episode two... udg 09-29-07 17
   RE: It's episode two... fanfromseason1 10-02-07 21
 RE: Kitchen Nightmares fanfromseason1 10-02-07 20
 10/03/07 Episode bullzeye 10-04-07 22
   RE: 10/03/07 Episode jbug 10-04-07 23
       RE: 10/03/07 Episode bullzeye 10-04-07 24
           RE: 10/03/07 Episode cindyland 10-11-07 26
               RE: 10/03/07 Episode bullzeye 10-12-07 27
                   RE: 10/03/07 Episode foonermints 10-12-07 28
       The Mixing Bowl foonermints 10-04-07 25
           RE: The Mixing Bowl geg6 10-17-07 29
               10/17 show foonermints 10-17-07 30
                   RE: 10/17 show bullzeye 10-19-07 34
               RE: The Mixing Bowl bullzeye 10-18-07 31
                   RE: The Mixing Bowl geg6 10-18-07 32
                       RE: The Mixing Bowl bullzeye 10-18-07 33
 Sebastian's mia rules18 11-08-07 35
   RE: Sebastian's geg6 11-08-07 36
   RE: Sebastian's SourBelly 11-08-07 37
       RE: Sebastian's Snidget 11-09-07 38
 11/14 Fin McCools jbug 11-14-07 39
   RE: 11/14 Fin McCools Tazluli 11-15-07 40
   RE: 11/14 Fin McCools HobbsofMI 12-19-07 48
 11/28/07 - Do they use plants? bullzeye 11-29-07 41
   RE: 11/28/07 - Do they use plants? Snidget 11-29-07 42
 Kitchen Nightmares - You're fired Ricky 12-06-07 43
   RE: Kitchen Nightmares - You're fir... foonermints 12-07-07 44
   RE: Kitchen Nightmares - You're fir... bullzeye 12-08-07 45
   RE: Kitchen Nightmares - You're fir... Tazluli 12-13-07 46
       RE: Kitchen Nightmares - You're fir... foonermints 12-14-07 47
 RE: Kitchen Nightmares Reluctant_Paladin 04-04-08 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-20-07, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
Yep, me and DH have been anxiously awaiting this new show. It's not a competition type show it just has Ramsey going into a different restaurant each episode and he has one week to turn the restaurant around to becoming profitable again. The restaurant last night was owned by an Italian family and the oldest son was a real pain in the arse!! Ramsey of course had to come in and verbally b!tch slap him a few times. It was awesome.

A Sharnina Creation

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-07, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
What an asshat that guy was!!!!!!!

What I didn't like was what I love about the BBCAmerica version. In the BBC version, he always goes back about a month later to see if they are following his advice and doing better. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. We didn't get that here.

If they had, I'd be willing to bet asshat Peter would be back to his juvenile spoiled rotten mama's boy self.

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-20-07, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
What I can't understand is why in the name of Zeus' butthole did/does his family let him get away with acting/doing the stuff he does??? Mom, fix me a latte...sis make me a cocktail with blahblahblah in it....I'm hungry so I'm going to eat these appetizers that are here for a CUSTOMER and then blame it on the waitress....**boggle**

A Sharnina Creation

cindyland 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-20-07, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cindyland Click to send private message to cindyland Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
I love Kitchen Nightmares on BBC America. I think it really shows Ramsay in a different light. I was disappointed by last night's show. In the British version, Ramsay spends time with the chef on the menu. He spends time with the owners going over the restaurant. Last night's show had about five minutes of that.

The rest was centered on that Henry Hill wannabe jerk. I guess it was better drama than actually working on bettering the restaurant. I wasn't too impressed with the "let's buy them a new kitchen and new plates and everything will be hunky dory!" gesture either.

I hope it gets better!

cindy

09-20-07, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
I've been wishing I could watch the British version. I've read Ramsay narrates it himself, which would be quite interesting.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

09-20-07, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cindyland Click to send private message to cindyland Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
What's funny is they only bleep out the f-words on BBC, and keep everything else. I like it because it shows that Ramsay actually trying to connect with the people he's helping, and if they resist, he calls him on it.

One episode Ramsay gets into a "Nyah" shouting match with the chef (literally, they were "nyah"ing at each other, it was insane) and the chef storms off, and Ramsay looks at the camera, laughs, and says "WTF was that?"

I'm just hoping future episodes of the US version are more about the restaurants and less drama from the employees...but considering it's Fox I'm not too optimistic.

Sidecar 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

09-20-07, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sidecar Click to send private message to Sidecar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
cindyland, i totally agree with you. The BBC show is really one of my favorites. FOX just could not resist putting their special touches on the show. They cannot give us five minutes with one scene; its always quick cuts, loud, dizzying pace, for short attention spans. I was also looking forward to the show since I am originally from the area, and the BBC version always shows a bit of the town. Well forget that with FOX. They waste the first 7 minutes on recap of Hells Kitchen, then telling us what we are going to see, before the show even starts. UGH....very frustrating, but I will try one more time. I wish Ramsey would step in and give the show a makeover.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-07, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
I've been looking for this! Finally occured to check under HK and here you are!

I've watched quite a few of the British nightmares. This one was ok but I hope it gets better. However, I don't know if next week is actually better for the better! Ramsay looks like he'd rather shut the place down and burn it to the ground!

Wouldn't it be awful to see a restaurant on this show that you recognize?

09-20-07, 03:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"

>Wouldn't it be awful to see
>a restaurant on this show
>that you recognize?
>

Next week's episode reminds me of this restaurant I used to go to a lot in college...then my boyfriend started working at a store next door to it and told me how the Health Inspectors were always there dealing with roach infestation problems. Yikes!

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-20-07, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
Yeah, I agree with most of the posters. I regularly watch the British version of Kitchen Nightmares, so was also disappointed to not see the "after a month or two" segment which is usually my favourite part. That part is usually when you find out that the whiney incompetent chef actually left or they closed down completely or they are doing brilliantly...you never know!

I hope they do recreate that part with further episodes for the US version...

*Sandcastles courtesy of Agman*
*furrified by Agman*

**Cat-a-trois by Agman**

09-20-07, 09:39 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
So if I read you guys right the show has been "Fox-ified" and isn't as good as the British version. Maybe I'll record it next week and see what I think for myself! (I'm gone on Wednesday nights and don't get home til it's over or nearly over)

sig courtesy of Cygnus

09-26-07, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
You're reading us right, Cyndi.

This is an inferior imitation of a really good show. I'm hoping Ramsay steps in and makes it more like the BBC version. His narration is honest and to-the-point, he really works hard at making the owners and staff see their mistakes and how to do it better, and he shows how such businesses succeed or fail. And the follow-up segment is always illuminating. It's funny, dramatic, instructional, and usually filled with heart.

This version? Not so much.

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-01-07, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
His narration is honest and to-the-point, he really works hard at making the owners and staff see their mistakes and how to do it better, and he shows how such businesses succeed or fail.

That's what was missing when I watched it! I couldn't put the finger on why I wasn't enjoying this show as much as I enjoyed the British version (outside of not coming back to visit after the fact). It is definitely to do with Chef not narrating.

Another Arkie Masterpiece!

Roo22Kanga 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-21-07, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo22Kanga Click to send private message to Roo22Kanga Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
I have a crush on Chef Ramsay so I wouldn't miss it...he seriously put down that pathetic co-owner of the Italian restaurant and turned the biz around a 180.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-07, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
I love the BBC version so I was looking forward to this. In Canada they do not bleep any of the language on the BBC version. But I realized FOX would do this. I just wasn't expecting some of the other changes. I missed the "back in a few weeks/months" part. I always look forward to see if they have kept up the changes or reverted back to their problems. And I don't remember the BBC version buying complete new kitchens for them either. Gordon usually makes the owner sell his fancy car to pay for the new kitchen he needs. I guess the American version is going to be giving them freebies.

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-27-07, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
I didn't catch last weeks episode, nor have I seen the BBC verison, but I really enjoyed last night's show...he really put that lazy manager in his place. Does anyone know if that was the manager who ended up suing Ramsey?

09-27-07, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
Could very well have been this guy. I know I thought 'how's this guy going to get a job now in NYC after this shows on tv?'
But then I also wonder how many people will go there to eat once they watch this show and see just how bad it was BEFORE Ramsey got there!

They did a lot of clean up but did they even mention pest control?
I realize tenting a building that size was impossible, but they had to do more than just remove the rotten food.

SurfKitten Siggie Shop 2007

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-07, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
»"It looks like it's been plastered with hospital linen. That's where the customers go after they come out this restaurant."«

The only full moon I'd show "Purnima" is mine as I run away from it.
After letting it go downhill so long, I'd never trust them to maintain the shiny new toy they'd been handed.

Handcrafted by RollDice
I wonder if they could be sued by giving a bad name to dog chow?
This show is kind of fun.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-07, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "It's episode two..."
And, already, it's "Gordon Ramsey's Toughest Challenge Yet!" Fox's advertising department should be embarrassed.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
But they're not.

fanfromseason1 30 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-07, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fanfromseason1 Click to send private message to fanfromseason1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: It's episode two..."
It was the dirties place I have seen on either show. But the redesign was so beautiful.

fanfromseason1 30 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-07, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fanfromseason1 Click to send private message to fanfromseason1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
I watch the BBC show and I found out I actually like Ramsey. It's a totally different show and changes these people's lives. If you can't watch the BBC ones on tv you can view them off the website. The American version isn't as good.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/videoplayer/player.jsp?ID=223

10-04-07, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "10/03/07 Episode"
Hey - they showed Gordon returning to the restaurant 2 months later - maybe they were listening to us! Still using the annoying narrator instead of Gordon though. Not nearly enough fireworks last night for my liking.

10-04-07, 03:37 PM (EST)
23. "RE: 10/03/07 Episode"
Bullzie, did Gordan go back or did the cameras just go back and check on them & how they were doing?

Last night was a lot easier to watch than the one in NYC. It was interesting that the owner/chef didn't seem to have realized how many restaurants had opened up around him.
It was interesting too that he gave the manager a 2nd chance - when GR wanted him to fire him. And that the manager turned around and improved.
The owner/chef & his wife seemed nice - I'm glad they got it turned around so well.

QUESTION: All these renovations? Is GR paying for these?

SurfKitten Siggie Shop 2007

10-04-07, 06:07 PM (EST)
24. "RE: 10/03/07 Episode"
Bullzie, did Gordan go back or did the cameras just go back and check on them & how they were doing?

That's a good question jbug - I thought GR went back. It was late and I might have misinterpreted though. In any event, showing the update (with or without GR), was enjoyable.

QUESTION: All these renovations? Is GR paying for these?

I think FOX is paying the tab on the renovations.

10-11-07, 07:23 PM (EST)
26. "RE: 10/03/07 Episode"
>QUESTION: All these renovations? Is GR
>paying for these?

>
>I think FOX is paying the
>tab on the renovations.

Man, I would be pissed if I was FOX, and spent all that money renovating the Seaside place, only to have the owner sell it a few months later! My husband looked it up online and the place isn't even a restaurant anymore.

The other thing about this version that seems weird...in the BBC version, it was clear that Gordon spent an actual week at each restaurant. On the American version, it seems he only spends three-four days. The other days are "renovation" days or something else. But I never get a sense that he actually spent a whole week at each place.

10-12-07, 08:47 AM (EST)
27. "RE: 10/03/07 Episode"
Wow - I am surprised to hear it is not a restaurant any more!

I agree with you on not spending as much time - it gives the show a more rushed feeling than the BBC version.

Another Arkie Masterpiece! Is that woman talented or what?

10-12-07, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: 10/03/07 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-07 AT 01:56 PM (EST)

Wouldn't you be running out of these places as fast as possible too? I guess even canning the dirty snotty "chefs" at the SeaScape didn't help matters. Maybe it's been razed for something better, like an auto junkyard, or a KFC.

Protecting the Potatoes of Earth!
Probably the patch of ground was just more valuable to all the dodo birds who couldn't run a restaurant.

10-04-07, 06:32 PM (EST)
25. "The Mixing Bowl"
»QUESTION: All these renovations? Is GR paying for these?«

I'd really like to know too.

I really enjoy this show, but never have seen the BBC version.

I was surprised that Gordon was able to rehab the manager, and also the Billy male half owner.
What a flaming bunch of men-not-on-fire.
Lisa seemed to step up to the task. I'd think for the love of her husband and his chosen career, but she should have stuck Mike out in the alley along with his signs.

*swish* *zing!* Another strike for the Potatoes of Earth!
No wood chipper jokes, please

10-17-07, 03:26 PM (EST)
29. "RE: The Mixing Bowl"
On the BBC show, I've seen it where he is able to turn around some of the most incompetent idiots you've ever seen. But some of the best episodes are when he can't. There was one about a restaurant (I think it was in Aberdeen, Scotland) with an owner with way more money than brains, a French head chef who thinks he's god's gift to Michelin, and his entourage of fawning French sous/pastry chefs and minions. Most stubborn bunch of dimwits I've ever witnessed. He got them turned around, but when he came back for the update the owner (to accommodate the French chef's ego, I guess) had split the restaurant into two. One was run the way Gordon had advised and was doing swimmingly. The other was strictly the way the chef wanted it. Unsurprisingly, it was not doing so swimmingly. The chef was more interested in his fancy dishes with eight zillion ingredients than what people really wanted to eat. And even though Gordon brought in a Michelin judge for a tasting (because that was the goal of the chef--the Michelin star he thought he deserved) who determined that, in a blind taste test between a Gordon dish and the chef's dish, his stuff was too muddled, too complex, and just not what makes a great dish, the French guy refused to take the advice.

I'm wondering if there will be big, flameout failures like this in the FOX version.

10-17-07, 10:28 PM (EST)
30. "10/17 show"
We don't get the BBC show. It sounds better than the current foxfare. I guess I'll find out what happens at The Old Stone Mill in Tuckahoe NY tonight.

Gee, the name reminds me of all The Cat Who.. books.

10-19-07, 01:56 PM (EST)
34. "RE: 10/17 show"
I just saw the BBC version on DVD at Walmart for $15. May be worth checking it out...

10-18-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
31. "RE: The Mixing Bowl"
Yep - saw that episode with the stubborn French chef as well. Was that also the episode where he took them to the football field for a "bacon buttie"?

I really miss the dynamics of the BBC version - though given there is nothing else of interest in the time slot, will probably continue to watch it.

10-18-07, 02:08 PM (EST)
32. "RE: The Mixing Bowl"
Yes!!!!! The bacon buttie!!!!! LOL!

Yeah, there's definitely something missing from the FOX version. It's been all glammed up but the heart is gone or something.

10-18-07, 04:45 PM (EST)
33. "RE: The Mixing Bowl"
Geg - have you read his book "Humble Pie"?

It is not yet available in Canada, so a friend of our sent us a copy from the UK - I haven't started it, but it looks really interesting.

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-08-07, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Sebastian's"

Just watched last night's episode...they didn't have a follow up at the end and I am dying to know what happened! Does anyone (maybe in the LA area) know if they kept up with Ramsey's menu or reverted back to the old one? Are they successful now or are they all out of jobs?!

11-08-07, 10:57 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Sebastian's"
That dood last night was one of the most seriously delusional idiots I may have ever seen. And considering the number of reality shows I've watched, that's saying something.

WTF is the deal with the "20 flavor combinations" as a concept? Who the hell wants to wade through that carp? Especially if all you get is frozen carp I don't even use as convenience foods at home? And to keep insisting that the "concept" was infinitely more important than the actual food????????????

And franchising??????? I was totally falling off the couch laughing.

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

SourBelly 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SourBelly Click to send private message to SourBelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Sebastian's"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 06:45 PM (EST)

>
>Just watched last night's episode...they didn't
>have a follow up at
>the end and I am
>dying to know what happened!
> Does anyone (maybe in
>the LA area) know if
>they kept up with Ramsey's
>menu or reverted back to
>the old one? Are they
>successful now or are they
>all out of jobs?!

I would love to know too! The Detroit news cut in just when the update was starting. That 20 combo would be so irritating to figure out, I as probably many possible customers, would just walk back out. Hold that thought, the minute I saw the photos of food on the menu I would have walked right out! My 2 rules at a new restaurant, check out the washroom then see how big the menu is. If it offers everything but the kitchen sink, I'm outta there!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-07, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Sebastian's"
Found this blog: http://la.eater.com/archives/2007/11/08/sebastians_kitchen_nightmare_ramsay_loses_all_faith_in_one_toluca_lake_chef.php" target="_blank">Eater LA Blog

With a link to Sebastian's website
http://sebastiansrestaurant.com/menu/

Looks like he mostly went back to his old ways.

11-14-07, 10:22 PM (EST)
39. "11/14 Fin McCools"
(I have no idea how that was supposed to be spelled, but.....

When the chef son walked out, I thought they'd hire a new good chef and get on with it. His attitude was horrible - talk about arrogant!
But when he returned Ramsay knew just how to handle him and how to push his buttons to make him work.

Question tho. Why do they always seem to get over crowded at every new re-opening? Do restaurants ever turn anyone away at the door saying, sorry, we won't be able to serve you tonite? There is a capacity limit to every building - and the fire chief was there! I'd think it would be better to start the new menu with a select group of "invited" guests before trying it for what like hundreds! (wonder just how many they did serve that nite).

Did you see the message at the end where RKN is asking if you have a restaurant where you need Ramsay to come in?
We have one in our town (actually we only have 2 places to eat in our whole town!). I'd love to see Ramsay come to either one -then I'd not have to drive 20 miles to eat out!

'Getting older softens you into learning that love, kindness, and forgiveness are far more important than one's opinion.' Sagebrush Dan

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Tazluli 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-07, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tazluli Click to send private message to Tazluli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: 11/14 Fin McCools"
OK, was it me or was it a tad much with the vomiting sounds coming out of the men's room?

The food critic was ridiculous. She acted like she could make or break the restaurant. Ummmm, Sweetie? The restaurant was already broken. I am not in the restaurant business, but I thought food critics came anonymously - not announced.

The Fire Chief acting like it was his name and reputation on the line because there were people leaving.

The DIL/Waitress saying she worry about her FIL's health and then we see sirens.

This show was too dramatic last night.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-07, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: 11/14 Fin McCools"
Why do they always seem to get over crowded at every new re-opening?

I saw a quick blurb on the screen that they bring in people to test the food, the kitchen, and the staff....just like they bring people in for Hell's Kitchen nights.

Save Peter and Hiro, Save Heroes
sig by Pepe and bouncy by IceCat

11-29-07, 08:28 AM (EST)
41. "11/28/07 - Do they use plants?"
By plants, I mean actors or wanna be actors.

It seemed to me that the woman complaining about how terrible the food was to her eye-rolling friends was a set up to allow Chef Ramsey to "put her in her place". The whole thing appeared beyond reasonable.

I never doubted the authenticity of diners in the BBC version, but last night was not the first time I have thought that they are scripting some of the scenes in the US version. I wouldn't put it past them, as I am pretty certain we agree that they use actors in Hell's Kitchen.

A birthday present from Tribe

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-07, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: 11/28/07 - Do they use plants?"
I'm not sure they were scripted plants.

I do think that to fill the restaurant for the relaunch there is some sort of "casting call" for lack of a better term (like they do whenever they need a bunch of locals to be extras on a scripted show). They do something to get people to come in and you could be on TV is a pretty big draw for some people and what better way to get on TV than to make a huge scene.

Stockings hung by Sharnina with care

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-06-07, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Kitchen Nightmares - You're fired"
I hope the season is about over. It is for me anyway. It's the same exact formula in every show.

Act 1: Gordon shows up, orders lunch and hates it.
Act 2: Gordon tells the owner that their restaurant is rubbish.
Act 3: Owner and/or other employees hate Gordon and his remarks.
Act 4: Gordon remodels inside of restaurant and puts up a new sign on the outside.
Act 5: Gordon changes menu.
Act 6: Grand re-opening of restaurant.
Act 7: Big drama during re-opening. Some customers are frustrated. Owner or someone of staff blows a fuse.
Act 8: By the end of the night, Grand re-opening turns out to be a success after all.
Grand Finale: Everyone at the restaurant loves Gordon. Restaurant is considered successful.

Repeat as necessary.

Flower - R.I.P

12-07-07, 07:48 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares - You're fired"
I was thinking the exact same thing as I watched the tape yesterday. The almost-fistfight with the bill collector added something. Yes indeed.
PAIN. For the viewers.

I like Rammie but he's got to get off his one horse wagon. It's broken.

Tribemints© by Tribey
And Horsie is an oat burner.

12-08-07, 11:38 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares - You're fired"
I really hate to agree as I am a big Ramsay fan, but I must agree. The only thing that seems to change each week is the venue, and some of there aren't really all that interesting.

That was one of the things I loved about the BBC series - you never knew how it was going to end. Sometimes there was a positive ending, other times he returned to find the restaurant had gone out of business. As you had vested youself in the program and the participants, this could be quite moving.

Have yourself a very Agman Christmas!

Tazluli 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-13-07, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tazluli Click to send private message to Tazluli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares - You're fired"
I am with you all the way Ricky. I loved the show that was shown on BBC America. The one on Fox is pretty bad.

May I add another act? On at least two shows, it showed Gordon running to the restroom to vomit. Major wretching sounds.

12-14-07, 00:21 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares - You're fired"
Yep. I think he womited again in The Secret Garden.

what a drama queen

But don't the French just pee in the streets anyway?

Reluctant_Paladin 7 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-08, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reluctant_Paladin Click to send private message to Reluctant_Paladin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Kitchen Nightmares"
Personally i find the Uk version to significantly better.

Although I think that in both versions, Ramsay is trying to honetly help the people at the center of the show. But in the Us version is just seems like most of the focus is on the personalities involved. Lots of screaming matches between the family members, and between the family (who uniformly seem like jerks) and Ramsay.

Not to mention that a big part of the solutions seem to involved throwing cash and interior designers at the problem. Rather than getting the people involved to change their habits, and moving the show forward form there.

And one small thing, I 'd rather have Ramsay do the narrating rather than Hells Kitchen guy.

my $0.02

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •