The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-12-07, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
Let's discuss the Blue Team and its members, shall we? No need to be nice.

Aaron should have been the one to get tossed tonight. Honestly, I feel badly for him. He's obviously overwrought. But that makes him a liability and not an asset. For heaven's sake, he took a 4-hour nap, then tried to "call it quits" later on. He says he wants to stay, but I don't believe it. I have no idea what Rock was thinking not putting him on the block.

Josh is going to kill Gordon. You can see it in his eyes. He just can't take criticism.

And it's *Eddie* that gets booted? For what, peppery risotto? At least he had some spirit.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team AshLanie 06-12-07 1
   RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team Scarlett O Hara 06-12-07 2
       RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team AshLanie 06-14-07 21
           RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team justasking 06-15-07 23
 RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team Magnolia_Rocker 06-12-07 3
   RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team Vixxxen 06-12-07 4
       RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team mistyrose52 06-12-07 5
       RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team Seana 06-12-07 6
       RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team ginger 06-12-07 8
           RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team Seana 06-12-07 11
               RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team AshLanie 06-14-07 22
           RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team brvnkrz 06-13-07 17
 RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team Cyndimaus 06-12-07 7
   RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team ginger 06-12-07 9
 RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team KObrien_fan 06-12-07 10
   RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team Maroonclown 06-12-07 14
       RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team KeithFan 06-13-07 18
           RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team justasking 06-15-07 24
       RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team KObrien_fan 06-13-07 19
           RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team udg 06-13-07 20
   RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team geg6 06-18-07 26
 RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team mysticwolf 06-12-07 12
   RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team Seana 06-12-07 15
       RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team bullzeye 06-16-07 25
           RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team cindyland 06-19-07 27
 RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team SilverStar 06-12-07 13
 RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team DebCapsFan 06-12-07 16
   RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team geg6 06-19-07 28
       RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team brvnkrz 06-19-07 29
           RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team geg6 06-20-07 30
               RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team brvnkrz 06-20-07 31
                   RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team geg6 06-20-07 32
                       RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team arkiegrl 06-23-07 35
                           RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team brvnkrz 06-28-07 36
                       RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team brvnkrz 06-28-07 37
                   RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team bullzeye 06-20-07 33
                       RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team brvnkrz 06-20-07 34
 RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team FOXmePUHLEEZ 07-10-07 38
 Episode 7 Seana 07-17-07 39
   RE: Episode 7 Snidget 07-17-07 40
   RE: Episode 7 Cyndimaus 07-17-07 41
       RE: Episode 7 udg 07-17-07 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-12-07, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I think Aaron is a plant to start the season off with drama..when was the last time anyone was treated with kid gloves by Ramsey?

Also, don't rember last year there being a viewer descrition warning at the beginning of the show.

Looks like some of the females will be down dressing in order to attract the male viewers.

Guess cooking etc will be put on the back burner (pun intended) this season and whiney male/s, dressed down female/s, and a more foul mouth Ramsey will be the format of the show.

Last night was the ast of wasting time on this show. I will continue watching the other two cooking shows though....til cooking goes to the wayside for them also.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Scarlett O Hara 3259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-12-07, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
LAST EDITED ON 06-12-07 AT 07:27 AM (EST)

If it's cooking you want to see, Sugar, than clearly, you have the WRONG show!!

We don't watch this show for the cooking -- we watch it for the fireworks!

06-14-07, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
>LAST EDITED ON 06-12-07
>AT 07:27 AM (EST)

>
>If it's cooking you want to
>see, Sugar, than clearly, you
>have the WRONG show!!
>
>
>We don't watch this show for
>the cooking -- we watch
>it for the fireworks!
>
>

Please respect that my name is Ashlanie not Sugar.

Fireworks is fine...but all I've seen so far is a whiney semi older male, one half naked female and one screaming banshee.

justasking 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-15-07, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail justasking Click to send private message to justasking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
Ashlanie,
what is a screaming banshee?

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-12-07, 08:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I think Rock was thinking strategy when he put Josh in the bottom two. So far that seems to be his biggest competition among the males. Aaron is his least competition so keep him in as long as possible.

Tribey made me rock!

Vixxxen 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-12-07, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Vixxxen Click to send private message to Vixxxen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I agree that Rock was purely strategizing when he voted for these two.

I think Eddie should have gone because if a "chef" can't cook spaghetti or risotto then why are you even on the show.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"

>
Aaron will eventually factor himself out, no doubt. And I'm sure, as someone said, he's there for ratings. He sure is the weirdest human being I've seen on reality tv in a very long time!!

And you already know what I think about Bonnie-my persona of Tiffany spelled it all out in the Living Damned commentary....

The show is just getting stranger and stranger. But, still, we stay glued, hoping that it will pick up and we'll see something that will justify it being a cooking competition. How dumb are WE, anyway?? HA

06-12-07, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
Spaghetti has given other chefs trouble. Keith from last season made it to the Final Three after undercooking spaghetti and then trying to put it back in the pot to disastrous results.

Last week, I think it was Vinnie that cooked it to mush.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-07, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
Totally strategy. And I'm surprised Gordon didn't override him, as he has on previous seasons.

In other words, WTF is Crying Asian Guy still doing on the show?

06-12-07, 11:43 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I can't figure why Gordon didn't override him, either.

And why is he being so nice to Aaron? Maybe to avoid a potential lawsuit later. (As in: "It's your fault I had a stroke on national television.")

I really hope Aaron is gone next week. He has at least 2 risk factors for heart disease: being overweight and smoking. He may very well be gearing up for a heart attack.

06-14-07, 07:41 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
>I can't figure why Gordon didn't
>override him, either.
>
>And why is he being so
>nice to Aaron? Maybe
>to avoid a potential lawsuit
>later. (As in: "It's your
>fault I had a stroke
>on national television.")
>
>I really hope Aaron is gone
>next week. He has
>at least 2 risk factors
>for heart disease: being overweight
>and smoking. He may
>very well be gearing up
>for a heart attack.
>
>
>

He could be play acting to be kept in the game...it worked for him this past week.

If he is playing a game he is doing it well to have fooled even Gordon.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-07, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I too thought he would override. Especially when he looked so surprised when Rock gave his choices.
I'm going to miss Aaron when he leaves though. He is almost the filet of sole reason that I am watching. This dude cracks me the hell up. Everytime his face starts to scrunch up I just know he is going to cry and I immediately get the giggles. I wish he would wear his cowboy hat all of the time. Cuz that just cracks me up as well.

yeah, so I'm not so nice. Deal with it.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-07, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
What I am wondering about Aaron is whether his problem really is nerves or if there is something physically wrong with him. His spacing out when Chef was talking to him about being in the dining room was kind of freaky. He keeps talking about being dizzy, numb and fuzzy. I really wonder if the whole medic thing isn't a fire like the previews imply but Aaron having a serious medical issue.

Sigs by Cyg

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-07, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
It makes me uncomfortable. Like watching frat boys being forced to drink gallons of water and run around a swimming pool and never pee. There is no reason to have him there, other than for the drama of watching him go into (a) cardiac arrest; (b) complete psychic meltdown; or (c) both.

Would you eat that fish after watching him sweating into it for 15 minutes? I think not.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-07, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
People actually watch this show and like it? I tuned in for the first time ever last night and was appalled, totally. It isn't a cooking show or a competition, it is a freaking train wreck! Glad to see red pull it together, but a woman that works in a waffle house is on the show? Get real.

As for the men, the only one that should have left was Aaron, or the whole kit and kaboodle of them. Geesh!

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-07, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
KO, I'd never really watch this show for cooking tips, but if you really want to see food competition you can't lose with those "challenge" shows they have on Food, or HGTV, or TLC, etc. They often have the same group of chefs and their teams and they do Chocolate Challenge, Dessert Challenge, Sugar Challenge. They've got a really serious panel of judges, a commentator.

Talk about suspensful!

And then there's the great Chili Cookoffs, the Great Hamburger Challenges. Those types of shows are all over the place.

As for HK? pure culinary drivel, but evilly fun to watch.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-07, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I like the "Next Food Network Star". Similar to Hell's Kitchen, but with all real chefs and not all the staged dramatics.

justasking 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-15-07, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail justasking Click to send private message to justasking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
Good Food and Good Drama equals Good TV... yummm!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-07, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I like watching Top Chef, Iron Chef, and Iron Chef America. My roommate told me about HK and I thought it was going to be about the cooking when quite to the contrary. I'll stick with my old stand bys and try some of the others you recommended, thanks-

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-07, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
Food Network Challenge, KOB! TV Guide/your cable guide might have it down by whatever the current challenge is (e.g., Candy Castles Challenge). They cover a huge variety of topics. Each show is stand-alone, like Iron Chef, though they do have some recurring chefs. There's a lot of cooking-as-art, but at the same time, taste does count, and there is a deadline. Before we canceled our cable TV, it was one of the shows my kids looked forward to each week, especially if the episode was about fancy desserts.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

06-18-07, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
Oh, KO, you're confused by the title.

This is soooooo not a cooking show. If you've watched at least one episode, that has to be perfectly clear. Few of these people have any idea how to cook. Let alone work a restaurant kitchen.

If you want to see people actually cooking, watch Top Chef. A lot of them have mad skills.

But if you like watching DAWs get tortured, this is the show for you!!!!!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-07, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I think Gordon is "being nice" to Aaron because he doesn't want to come across as a complete a$$hole. (And, if you've evr watched any of his other shows you'll see that he really isn't an a$$hole. It's all for drama in this one.)

Aaron obviously doesn't belong there, but he is. What I can't figure out is why. He must be aware of his tendancy to become overwrought under pressure. He can't possibly think that this is going to look good on his resume. After watching him break down simply because someone asks him how he's doing I can't think anyone would want to hire him for their own kitchen.

I agree that it was a strategy move on Rock's part to choose Josh & Eddie over Aaron. And, I think Chef didn't overrule him because he could make a case for kicking any of them out after their performance last night. After all, he kicked all of them out of the kitchen and had the women finish their service.

Besides, Aaron really didn't do anything in terms of the cooking. Yeah, he took an extended time-out. But, that's 'cause Ramsay told him to. Even though he svcked as a server it's hard to fault him for their dismal performance in the kitchen.

And, I think it's a toss-up as to who's gonna try to stab Gordon first. Vinnie ranks right up there in the odds with Josh, I'd say.

Tribe pinned me up! blogging's scary

06-12-07, 03:33 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I think Gordon is "being nice" to Aaron because he doesn't want to come across as a complete a$$hole. (And, if you've evr watched any of his other shows you'll see that he really isn't an a$$hole. It's all for drama in this one.)

You're right. I'm a big fan of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Despite his yelling and screaming, he often *does* give pep talks and comes down hard on chefs who can't motivate their staff. He's very good at pointing out people's strengths as well as their weaknesses. I know he plays up his nasty side for the benefit of this show.

I was, however, terribly disappointed in the way he kept comparing Eddie to the little fish. At least three times, he cracked that joke.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-16-07, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I'm a big fan of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

I love that show as well! And you are quite right - you see another side of Chef Ramsay in that series.

Snidget's to blame!

cindyland 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-19-07, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cindyland Click to send private message to cindyland Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I can't wait for the American version, I'm hoping it's as good as the British one. I like how he can be really encouraging to younger chefs, even while kicking their butts. Hell's Kitchen is pretty much all kicking butts.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-07, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
My thoughts on the blue team:

Brad is really cute.

Huh? There are other people on this show? I didn't notice.

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-12-07, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
The problem with Rock's strategy is if you eliminate the people who can help you on your team too fast, your team is always the loser. Well, we'll see what happens.
I personally was very impressed the women finished an entire service already. I don't remember either team doing so this early last time.

06-19-07, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
After watching last night's show, I have to say that I think Rock is playing this pretty masterfully. His strategy was flawless, IMHO. Letting others step up to call themselves, publicly, the "leader" while quietly leading behind the scenes (in making sure Aaron got dressed, keeping people moving in the kitchen) was smart. And then getting more vocal about leading as the so-called leader failed repeatedly made him look even more in charge.

Plus, he seems to one of the few on the Blue team that actually can cook. LOL!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein

06-19-07, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I agree. and I'll say it now. I won't be surprised if he emerges as the winner. the women are too catty and too busy trying to either be a leader or point fingers. I say there is no chance of a woman winning this year. Rock seems to be the most level headed and the most well rounded of the group this year.

Celebrating Pride with Syren

06-20-07, 08:35 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
Yup. If he's not getting a winner's edit, I've never seen one.

When they showed him saying he really needed to think through his strategy, for some reason that scene was like a loud gong in my head and I said, "There's your winner, folks." It was like they were showing us why he'd win. Because he actually has a brain.

Unusual for reality tv, but certainly refreshing.

06-20-07, 09:38 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
One thing that I'm not clear about though. They say that winner "gets their own restaurant". Do they just become the head chef at the restaurant? Or does Gordon actually give them a restaurant. This has confused me since season One.

06-20-07, 09:53 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I honestly don't know. I went to the website and couldn't find any clarification. But looking at the current bios of the previous winners, it looks like they are employees. Heather's title is "senior chef" at the restaurant at the Red Rock in Vegas. I believe Gordon owns that restaurant. Michael is called the "head chef" at Tatou in LA. I'm not familiar with Tatou, so I don't know. But it doesn't say "owner," so I have to guess he's an employee of someone.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-07, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I went to google for a little info, and I found this article that say's he's no longer the executive chef.

06-28-07, 04:20 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I also believe that Michael now owns his own knife shop, or online knife shop, or something like that. I don't have a link and I didn't see it mentioned in your link. But I could swear that I had seen something about this.

06-28-07, 04:21 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
I believe you are correct, Geg. That they are employees, not owners.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-20-07, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
One thing that I'm not clear about though. They say that winner "gets their own restaurant".

I think it is a efa err... eufa (checks dictionary), euphemism for running your own kitchen/restaurant. Since the head chef typically designs the menu, orders the ingredients, establishes prices, hires and fires staff etc - it is considered "their own restaurant". More often that not, people will flock to a restaurant based on the chef, not the owner.

Snidget's to blame!

06-20-07, 12:10 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
Okay, thanks for clarifying.

FOXmePUHLEEZ 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-10-07, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Some Thoughts on the Blue Team"
After last night's show: EARTH TO ROCK! COME IN ROCK! You show that you can make decisions, that you can be depended on, that you are a better-than-average executive in the kitchen. I wanna see if you can COOK too. Sorry, but I'm learning from you as I watch.

BUT!!! Last night was a TEST! Don't let them see you SWEAT! Don's blow it like Keith did last season. Ramsey had a moment with him where he told him (Keith) he didn't know his own worth. Keith obviously was not ready to go to the next level and later EXPLODED on Ramsey.

A HINT to ROCK! If you didn't pledge an African American fraternity, you have friends who did. Give them a call. Ask them what it was like and how their big brothers behaved and how they got through it. NOT by throwing glass and cussing.

My opinion of you now under all this pressure is that you're GOOD. But you can get GREAT! For kitchen's sake man... just DO IT!!! I wanna be like you someday.

07-17-07, 09:36 AM (EST)
39. "Episode 7"
OK, so Brad is out. He had 2 opportunities to be the leader and blew both times. I honestly have no idea what these people do with the time between when they know they'll be on the show and when the show actually starts taping. Try watching Ramsay's other shows. I said this in the Be the... thread, but it bears mentioning in any criticism of Brad that Chef Ramsay isn't impressed by froufrou food. He's impressed by well-cooked food with good flavour. I can think just offhand of 3 episodes of Kitchen Nightmares where he made the menu *simpler*, not more complex. Do your homework, people!

Josh can't handle the pressure. But when he finally got the lamb out, Chef said it was perfect. So maybe he does have some skills.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-07, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Episode 7"
I really want to see Marcel and his foams from Top Chef 2 vs Chef Ramsey in an episode of Celebrity Death Match.

Summertribe and the living is easy!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Episode 7"
I haven't had the chance to watch any other of Ramsay's shows but just by watching what he chooses as winners in cooking challenges, he usually goes for the 'simple yet good' dishes. A good example of that was the lobster bisque (or however the heck you spell it!) He picked the more classic one instead of the fancied up one, which ticked Brad off. Just cause it's a "fancy" restaurant doesn't mean the food has to be fancy to the exclusion of quality. The guys seemed to forget that in planning their menu. If I was dining out in a "fancy" restaurant I would like to at least have some idea of what type of food I'm ordering. And who the heck doesn't like a really good steak? (Ruth's Cris anyone?)

Juicy summer sig by Sharnina

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-07, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Episode 7"
LAST EDITED ON 07-17-07 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

As soon as they got the task, I was thinking their strategy should have been:
- One innovative dish, ala Iron Chef.
- One classic favorite that everyone loves.
- One solid "signature dish" that the chef could practically make in his/her sleep.

That goes for both the appetizers and the main courses.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •