The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Virginia's strategy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-06, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Virginia's strategy"
I think that Virginia totally blew the finale. Picking Tom and Giacomo hurt. A lot. And then TELLING them that she picked them because they sucked, did not help either. She showed no ability to motivate or lead the team in the kitchen and that was the end.

Personally, I think that she had the better menu, the nicer restaurant and showed more creativity in executing her final concept. In the end, it came down the execution and she didn't do it - in part because she saddled herself with incompetents...intentionally!

I also think that Heather's performance overall was taken into account and she FAR outshone Virginia.

Overall, I liked this second season much more. I found the people more likeable, including Gordon. Although they definitely need to be a bit more selective on the talent side from a personality perspective they cast a good show and I hope that it will be back.

But, the four of us had a great time.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Virginia's strategy geg6 08-15-06 1
   RE: Virginia's strategy emydi 08-18-06 20
 RE: Virginia's strategy Padme 08-15-06 2
   RE: Virginia's strategy Maroonclown 08-15-06 3
       RE: Virginia's strategy ginger 08-15-06 6
       RE: Spinoff RonReports 08-15-06 14
   RE: Virginia's strategy Fishercat 08-15-06 9
 RE: Virginia's strategy zombiebaby 08-15-06 4
   RE: Virginia's strategy Savahnna 08-15-06 5
       RE: Virginia's strategy CantStandToLook 08-15-06 11
 RE: Virginia's strategy Cyndimaus 08-15-06 7
 RE: Virginia's strategy Magnolia_Rocker 08-15-06 8
   RE: Virginia's strategy SOfan0221 08-15-06 15
 RE: Virginia's strategy Fishercat 08-15-06 10
 mleh cqvenus 08-15-06 12
   RE: mleh Labyrinth 08-15-06 13
       RE: Virginia's Picks Jadens Mommy 08-16-06 16
 RE: Virginia's strategy FOXmePUHLEEZ 08-16-06 17
   RE: Virginia's strategy Fishercat 08-16-06 18
       RE: Virginia's strategy FOXmePUHLEEZ 08-18-06 19
           RE: Virginia's strategy Cyndimaus 08-19-06 21
 Cooking shows... singer 09-06-06 22
   RE: Cooking shows... FOXmePUHLEEZ 09-07-06 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
Agreed, PRE. She was so stupid to pick the weakest and then tell them that they were. She got way too cocky about her amazing palate. A palate is not all it takes to be a great chef.

I think Heather will be a fine chef. Not spectacular, but just fine. I think that one day, with a lot of seasoning and experience, Virginia will be an absolutely fantastic chef. But she's just not ready yet. I do, however, give her credit for being a good loser and understanding why she lost.

I enjoyed this season very much. I, too, hope it will be back. From what I've seen of the rating in Entertainment Weekly, I'm pretty sure it will.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
yes it will be I read a blurb in the Pgh PG a few weeks ago that it and SYTYCD were both renewed for a 3rd season but til then you can just go &(&^ off...

Padme 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-15-06, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Padme Click to send private message to Padme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
I have to agree with you on this one. I could not believe her first choice was Keith! HELLO! He is Heathers boy and both he and Heather alienated Virginia while they were all together in the competition. Keith didn't want her to win and certainly had no reason to help her do so.

I just don't understand why she says some of the things she says. She not only picked the weaker team, but she really didn't command the respect she needed to win.

Although I must say I was so tired of listening to Heather cry last night. Seems like every 5 minutes she was blubbering. UGH!

I really hope that next season they do pick better contestants!

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-06, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
Although I must say I was so tired of listening to Heather cry last night. Seems like every 5 minutes she was blubbering. UGH

I actually really felt Heather's passion and hunger to win during her litle crying jags. It reminded me of JD on Rockstar.

She wanted this win so badly it I could feel it in MY stomach. Got the same feeling about JD. Or was that feeling JD ON my stomach? Hmmm. But I digress.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
Funny you mentioned JD, because I thought of him last night, too. JD was the OBVIOUS choice from pretty much the word Go on Rockstar last season, and Heather was this season's obvious candidate. So I felt like they tossed in a lot of distraction editing to lead us to the foregone conclusion. It never really worked; I always felt Heather would win, although I do admit Virginia really stepped up in the restaurant design portion of the show.

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-15-06, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Spinoff"
>I actually really felt Heather's passion
>and hunger to win during
>her litle crying jags.

"Crying JAG" could be the title of a new spinoff television series. In the pilot episode, Crying JAG gets orders to ship out to Iraq.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-15-06, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
In Virginia's first pick defense, was there a single good pick to be made if Keith wasn't it?

Rachel could be, but the negative effect on Heather would probably be more prevelant than anything, and then you just give Heather K-Grese.

Didn't Sara try to sabotage Virginia?

Garrett said he cooked better for who he respected: who do you think he respected more?

And Tom and Giacomo? Heh.

I mean, Keith couldn't be less motivated to cook: but would anyone else?

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-06, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
Yeah I was happy with the outcome. I personally liked Virginia more and would probably rather have a chef that thinks up and cooks great dishes than a leader but I understand they were going for an overall performance.

I am interested in their casting requirements for this show. I wonder if Virginia and Heather really were the only two who had any shot and the others were casted for dramatic reasons(hello? Tom? #####!)

I don't think I liked this season anymore than the first but no less either.

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-15-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
I agree with most of this. I also took MAJOR offense with the with Kieth asking for money and everyone accepting it.

Quite honestly, I wanted Virginia to win by a very small edge...but the whole pay off gesture made me want her to lose.

I agree about the JD analogy. That passion payed off. But I think the most resonating factor for Ramsey was how she "Ran her ship". She had control mostly all times. And they did respect her a lot more.

I did get a kick out of her trying to sell her bass to the last tester in Vegas by her "you can eat chicken anytime" and the guy going for the chicken.

I think Ramsey basically is a good guy. Passion is good. lol. But even if I was into cooking....wouldn't want to be in his kitchen for that competition.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-06, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
I agree with most of what you say. I loved Virginia for her creativity and her palate but she lacked in leadership ability big time. What was she thinking telling her team they were the weakest, granted at least two of them were really weak.

There were a lot of people on the show that I couldn't believe had even made it on the show but there were at least 4 or 5 that could really cook and had some if not all of the qualities that you would expect of the winner.

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-15-06, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
And then TELLING them that she picked them because they sucked, did not help either.

This made no sense to me! Having that as your strategy is one thing but telling them is totally another. Not a good way to motivate your team for a win.

Hey, Hey! It's a Tribephyl creation!

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-15-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
Honestly. I don't think Virginia had a strategy. That's giving that girl way too much credit. She's that person that everyone knows at least one of...absolutely brilliant at one thing...dumb as a stump in everything else. She is a brilliant Chef (concept, design, no time limit cooking) but she needs a whole lot of training in a lot of other areas.

Summer siggy thanks to Syren!

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-15-06, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
I agree, I think Virgina didn't have a real plan. She spent most of the last few episodes getting by via flirting. She had more one on one with Gordon Ramsey than any of the others combined yet she obviously didn't take it to heart.

When Heather told the design team to cut a notch out of the booth to make it fit..... I thought.....BINGO, this girl has got it together.

Virginia has a lot going for her as a chef but Heather had the hunger and the passion and I am glad she won.

08-15-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
I'm with the Rat, except I liked the first season a lot better since I thought Michael, Ralph, and Elsie were better contestants (in a group) than Heather, Virginia, and Keith.

Otherwise, agree completely

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-06, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "mleh"

i am glad they picked heather. it shows to me that they are taking the prize seriously. that they actually DO want the restaurant in vegas to be successful, and they are picking the person they think will do that.

if they were going by creativity, menu, etc., they'd have picked virginia.

but it's clear that if they want the place to run well, heather will do a better job.

btw, DH is a retired chef. he said 'salad chef' can actually be very difficult, but it's awfully specialized. which kind of goes with how i feel about virginia.

in other news, i knew heather planned better for the win. i agree virginia really couldn't have done any better with the picking... rachel and sara hated her and would've been horrible workers for her. keith was really the best pick she could've made, and the other two, well, she just got stuck there.

but did she not see last season??? give me a friggin break! she should've KNOWN this was going to happen, and therefore been nicer to her final competitors! she wins the DUH award for this.

also, heather planned a simpler menu. virginia's was too fancy/complicated. hell's kitchen contestants are much better when things are kept simple. so there, i believe heather's strategy was much smarter.

that's all.

that and the people from last season must be like WTF! you get a restaurant in VEGAS??? and i get the friggin restaurant in london? you must be joking.

i bet michael and ralph apply for jobs at heather's restaurant. lol

as ramsey said in an interview somewhere else, 99% of the chefs in the US and the UK would give their right arm for this prize.

kudos to heather, and good luck. she's going to need it.

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-15-06, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: mleh"
>but did she not see last
>season??? give me a friggin
>break! she should've KNOWN this
>was going to happen, and
>therefore been nicer to her
>final competitors! she wins the
>DUH award for this.

Virginia never made friends through the season. She only whined and complained about how she wasn't "good enough" for the reward. Then, after she lied to Heather and Keith, about taking the bullet NOT, she expects Heather to help her plan for the next competition with telling her how long to keep a Beef Wellington in the oven?

I guess I kinda scratch my head over Virginia. I think she would be the type of friend who would want something from you all the time - and when you didn't give it - would cry about how you don't care about her.

Other stupid moves --- buying cheap and, in Sara's case, a backhanded gift. Better to have bought no gift.

Keith picks her to go with him to Vegas but then she stabs him with a poor gift on her own prize - and then pushes him out of the running at the end - but yet she picks him as her no. 1 chef to pull her ##### out of the fire in the end?

Her comments about why she has the losers on her team? Huh? Obviously, motivation is not in her vocabulary.

This girl has no clue. Heather showed from the first that she would do whatever she had to do so the team would win - after all it was she that was moved to Blue Team by Ramsey and then Blue Team won - with Red Team losing. Looking back, the reason Red Team won at all was because Heather was on it.

Virginia may be able to design dishes but she can't run a kitchen. She inspires no leadership. She has no ability to make or form friendships with those that work with or under her. She is totally uninspiring and worst, selfish and egocentric. The poor makings for a boss. JMO.

If I had to watch one more ep where she tells us she's "not worthy" and then cries because she "deserves it" I think I would have puked.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-16-06, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Virginia's Picks"
I was stumped when she picked Tom and Giacomo but my husband said something that made sense. The women did not like her. She did not have their respect. It would have been harder for her to lead the women than the men.

But to tell the guys she picked them cuz they're weaker? HELLO??!!

I did like her restaurant design and menu better than Heather's but I'm glad Heather won. I would have been upset if Virginia won.

FOXmePUHLEEZ 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-16-06, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
Wouldn't it have been using her head to say, "Guys, I've been on the chopping block every week ... we ALL know what it is to be on that end of things ... we can DO this. We can SHOW what we're made of ..." And then when Keith asked for money ... sent him packing. "NO TV FOR YOU, BIG GUY!"

08-16-06, 02:22 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
Do you really want to kick the only person with any real cooking skills (sans the sous chef) out of the kitchen? As obnoxious as Keith was, he was her only lifeline in that kitchen. He doesn't perform, there's not a full service.

08-18-06, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
I see what your saying but for me he just really sucked pickles.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-19-06, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Virginia's strategy"
Keith minus attitude equals good chef. The times he did well in the kitchen were the times he had no attitude. Chef even told him many times how good he was and it was the attitude that got him eliminated. Virginia, knowing this about Keith, needed to "woo" him in a way that would cause the attitude to stay behind while the good cook did his best in her kitchen.

Hey, Hey! It's a Tribephyl creation!

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-06-06, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Cooking shows..."
I love watching them, but there is something about watching a Brit browbeat young American chefs that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The pun is intended.

--Singer

09-07-06, 12:22 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Cooking shows..."
I think about Gordon Ramsey and HK now everytime I so much as cook an EGG!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •