The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Scraping the bottom of the saucepan?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-12-06, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Scraping the bottom of the saucepan?"
Is it my imagination or are the contestants on HK2 much less qualified than last season's chefs?

The names have faded from my memory, but I seem to recall that the tattooed guy and others on last season's show were more talented and more professional.

In the casting department's defense, it must be a little difficult to recruit someone to be cursed at and humiliated on television week after week.

Off to microwave something...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Scraping the bottom of the sauc... bystander 07-12-06 1
   RE: Scraping the bottom of the sauc... foolynroo 07-12-06 3
       RE: Scraping the bottom of the sauc... Ricky 07-12-06 4
 RE: Scraping the bottom of the sauc... foolynroo 07-12-06 2
 RE: Scraping the bottom of the sauc... foonermints 07-12-06 5
   RE: Scraping the bottom of the sauc... CattyChat 07-12-06 6
       RE: Scraping the bottom of the sauc... foonermints 07-12-06 9
 RE: Scraping the bottom of the sauc... CattyChat 07-12-06 7
 RE: Scraping the bottom of the sauc... ginger 07-12-06 8
   RE: WooHoo! foonermints 07-12-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-12-06, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Scraping the bottom of the saucepan?"
Are you implying that a Deli Manager can't run a million dollar restaurant in a billion dollar Las Vegas resort?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

foolynroo 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-12-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foolynroo Click to send private message to foolynroo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Scraping the bottom of the saucepan?"
>Are you implying that a Deli
>Manager can't run a million
>dollar restaurant in a billion
>dollar Las Vegas resort?
>
>

Let's face it, none of them are qualified to do that.
Not many people in this world are.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-12-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Scraping the bottom of the saucepan?"
How about Maribel the cafeteria cook. She even admitted last show that she's not a "chef". It seems like there would be a lot of real chefs out there that would have loved this opportunity. She doesn't have much charisma and is homesick too. Not sure what she's even doing there.

"My mother was deaf"-Shanna Moakler

foolynroo 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-12-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foolynroo Click to send private message to foolynroo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Scraping the bottom of the saucepan?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-12-06 AT 01:39 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-12-06 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

>Is it my imagination or are
>the contestants on HK2 much
>less qualified than last season's
>chefs?
>
>The names have faded from my
>memory, but I seem to
>recall that the tattooed guy
>and others on last season's
>show were more talented and
>more professional.
>
>In the casting department's defense, it
>must be a little difficult
>to recruit someone to be
>cursed at and humiliated on
>television week after week.
>
>
>

I thought there were less qualified people last year.
Grant it the last two were both chefs in their real lives (no big surprise) but there were like stock brokers and ##### last year.
At lease a deli manager is in the food service industry.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Scraping the bottom of the saucepan?"
Initially I wanted another Dewberry or two, but I never expected the march of the clones. These guys are ALL frelling Dewberries! AND not even 'pastry chefs'.

ObieDew...Sweaty, Barfy, Bratty, Invisibeau, Young Dewbie, and GreasyBeeBerry.

They must have pulled casting director for the Smurfs from his bourbon-stained couch to select these dinglebats.

Handcrafted by RollDice
So NOT eating at the Red Rock's heartburn cafe.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-12-06, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Scraping the bottom of the saucepan?"
Fooner, you keep me rolling

Kind Creation of ARNutz

07-12-06, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Scraping the bottom of the saucepan?"
It was GreasyBeeBerry, wasn't it?

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-12-06, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Scraping the bottom of the saucepan?"
No, I think last year had more "qualified" contestants.

The final 2 -- Ralph (chef) & Michael (Executive Chef)

Rounding out the Final 4 --

#3 -- Jessica - Headhunter (Loves cooking)
#4 -- Elsie - Exec. Asst & Mom

The rest of Season 1 --

#5 -- Jimmy - Restaurant Purchasing Supervisor (Loves Cooking) - Got the Ramsey Pat on the Back as he was booted (a la Rachel).

#6 -- Andrew - Office Asst - Worked in Restaurants since 14

#7 -- Chris - Freelance Executive Chef (Was serious competitor & Michael shrewdly threw him under the bus)

#8 -- Mary Ellen - Bartender

#9 -- Wendy - Marketing Consultant (Loves Cooking)

#10 Jeff - Finance Mgr (Former Restaurant/cook experience - quit 8 years ago and wanted back to his "passion") -- Swears up a storm mid dinner service, calls Ramsey some choice words & walks out

#11 -- Dewberry - Baker

#12 -- Carol Ann - Waitress

At least the contestants without professional cooking experience or culinary school background had more raw talent (i.e. Jessica & Elsie) and passion to learn from Ramsay, that they impressed.

This year's talent pales in comparison and there's no real fire in most of the contestants.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-06, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Scraping the bottom of the saucepan?"
This is the point I was making with my "Suckitude" thresd. They are less qualified than your average worker at Micky D's.

07-12-06, 06:31 PM (EST)
10. "RE: WooHoo!"
Does this mean Rolly gets a lime hemmet?

He needs cheering up!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •