The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pre-arranged matches favor Ishe and Jesse"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

CubsFan05 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-05-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CubsFan05 Click to send private message to CubsFan05 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pre-arranged matches favor Ishe and Jesse"
I was thinking... what better a way to help guarantee that Ishe and Jesse advance further than to make sure that as many of the better fighters are gone for the next round?

Let's just say that you ranked the 6 remaining fighters from 1 to 10 based on boxrec.com's World Rankings

Tony - 81st (7/10)
Jimmy - 143rd (7/10)
Tarick - Not Ranked (probably 5/10)
Juan - Not Ranked (probably 5/10)
Joey - 289th (4/10)
Brent - 418th (2/10)

The easy way to get rid of one of the top 2 guys is to have one knock the other off so you don't have to worry about one of them. Tarick and Juan are unknowns, so have them fight each other, and Joey and Brent are weak. If they fight each other, one will be left for the picking in the 2nd round.

Setting up these fights this way guarantees that Tony and Jimmy are not both around in the 2nd round, and guarantees that either Joey or Brent (maybe the two weakest guys) will be around in round 2.

That is why they are pissed. Tony and Jimmy will be in round 2 and Joey and Brent will both most likely be gone.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Disagree AyaK 04-05-05 1
   Reid is overrated CubsFan05 04-05-05 3
 RE: Pre-arranged matches favor Ishe... Da Contenda 04-05-05 2
   RE: Pre-arranged matches favor Ishe... VegasFightWriter 04-05-05 4
       I hope the matches are stretched to... CubsFan05 04-05-05 5
           RE: I hope the matches are stretche... TroyGun25 04-05-05 6
               RE: I hope the matches are stretche... JayT 04-07-05 8
 RE: Pre-arranged matches favor Ishe... RocketAudy 04-06-05 7
 RE: Pre-arranged matches favor Ishe... Agman2 01-28-16 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-05-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Disagree"
Since Ishe has already promised his teammates that he's going to fight Anthony next round, it doesn't look like he was eager to duck Anthony.

Here's what we think we know about the quarterfinals:

Ishe v. Anthony
Alfonso v. Peter rematch (or will this be in the semifinals? I guess it depends on the format for the quarterfinals)

That leaves Jesse, Sergio, and the two remaining winners (probably Jimmy and whomever). It looks like there might be one mismatch.

And Tommy made it clear that they all knew Brent was the weakest boxer there, at least after Jeff Fraza left. See his commentary on the website:
http://contender.tv.yahoo.com/01/theshow/fight/episode6_2.html
Brent was the weakest link, I think everybody knew it, and that's why Anthony chose him.

Seems to me that both teams saw Round 1 as an effort to give everyone one "fair" fight, not as a way to boost the chances of the stronger guys. Heck, each of the good boxers took on a TOUGH opponent in Round 1. Why would they suddenly go hunting for easy matches in the next round?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-05-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CubsFan05 Click to send private message to CubsFan05 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Reid is overrated"
I don't think they prearranged fights until after those two were in the 2nd round, did they?

Plus, I think that Jonathon Reid is very overrated. Other than his loss to Joppy (in a fight where he was a replacement), he fights a ton of creampuffs. I think he has only 3 fights against players in the top 240 in the world in his career (Joppy, Jesse Brinkley, and Lee Fortune). He beat Fortune, who is only 6-10 since fighting Reid.

Bonsante and Reid both fought Tony Ayala Jr during his comeback. Ayala knocked out Reid, and Bonsante knocked out Ayala.

I guarantee that Brinkley knew that Reid was overrated.

Da Contenda 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-05-05, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Da%20Contenda Click to send private message to Da%20Contenda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pre-arranged matches favor Ishe and Jesse"
Finally someone else gets it!! I made a post about that yesterday...of course the west is pi$$ed at Tony, because they wanted the best 2 fighters left to square off against each other. And by arranging Joey and Brent to fight, they would be guaranteed that one of them would be there for the picking in Round 2.
I honestly thought everyone else was blind to this (at least all those bashing Anthony).
Now Anthony has a ticked off Ishe to deal with, but at least he is still in the competition.
By the way, here is my response to a previous post:
Favorite: Tony
Least Favorite: Ishe "the trash-talking hypocrite" Smith

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-05-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pre-arranged matches favor Ishe and Jesse"
But they don't know how the second round matches are going to be organized yet, so it's tough for them to arrange things to their liking. Plus,if the rumor I have heard about the second round is correct, two very tough fighters get drawn against each other.

04-05-05, 01:37 PM (EST)
5. "I hope the matches are stretched to 7 rounds"
These 5 round bouts leave no room for error. Seven rounds would be much better.

TroyGun25 27 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TroyGun25 Click to send private message to TroyGun25 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I hope the matches are stretched to 7 rounds"
Da Contender's and CubsFan 05's logic is perfect and Tony went in and screwed up Jesse and Ishe's plans. I've been saying the same thing about these 5 round fights also. Time will only tell who's going to be moving on. Does anyone think the West will turn down the reward for Tony's win? I bet they do.

JayT 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-07-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JayT Click to send private message to JayT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I hope the matches are stretched to 7 rounds"
No way they turn down the reward....except maybe Ishe. That would be great if they did though!

They'll give him a hard time when he gets his golden glove neckless I bet.

RocketAudy 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-06-05, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RocketAudy Click to send private message to RocketAudy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pre-arranged matches favor Ishe and Jesse"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-05 AT 07:58 PM (EST)

Sure you could look at it that way. But another way to look at it is that by having the best fighters fight each other, it's the FAIREST structure for everyone. Plus it makes closer fights for the viewer. Do we really need to see #81 beat the crap out of #418? I'm sure if it was a free-for-all, ALL the fighters would have liked to take the easy way out and fight Brent. It seems like the fighters were trying to do the right thing for everyone (including us, the viewers.) But Anthony had to be a lying punk and take the easy fight instead of proving himself in a more evenly matched fight.

Agman2 1718 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-28-16, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pre-arranged matches favor Ishe and Jesse"
Dude, You have no clue what you are talking about!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •