The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"49-46?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-06, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"49-46?"
I don't question the judges' decision as to who won the Brewer-Bravo fight, but one of the scorecards made absolutely no sense. There is no way that Brewer should have been able to have a scorecard better than 48-46. Assuming he won all of rounds 2-5, that gives him 40 points for those rounds, and he was knocked down in the first which should be a 10-8 round against. Can someone explain to me how a judge could possibly have seen it as 49-46?

See Dave write. See Dave edit. See Dave blog. See Dave space.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 49-46? boon 09-19-06 1
   RE: 49-46? SherpaDave 09-19-06 4
 RE: 49-46? pcboy213 09-19-06 2
 RE: 49-46? opinionated1too 09-19-06 3
   RE: 49-46? SherpaDave 09-19-06 5
       RE: 49-46? stiv_x 09-25-06 6
           RE: 49-46? Wacko Jacko 09-25-06 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

boon 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-19-06, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail boon Click to send private message to boon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 49-46?"
It's not possible unless Brewer won a 10-8 round which wasn't shown to us during the show. Other than it's complete crap.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-19-06, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 49-46?"
Even if he won another round 10-8, that wouldn't give him the 49th point. Assume the rounds were scored like this:

8-10
10-8
10-9
10-9
10-9

That adds up to 48-45. There is no possible way that a fighter can score 49 points in a 5-round fight if he loses a round 10-8. Boxing isn't Spinal Tap: rounds don't go to 11.

pcboy213 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-19-06, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pcboy213 Click to send private message to pcboy213 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 49-46?"
Bravo won the fight.......it's sad that boxing is coming to this even on tv reality show. Brewer lost this fight and everyone who sees this show tonight can't and will not explain how brewer won this fight. All rounds after the first round KNOCK OUT by Bravo were even. Bravo won this fight in the FIRST if there was an extra round brewer......... I got lucky that I kiss Sugar Ray's butt would've got KNOCKED OUT AGAIN. I now see WHY BOXING IS A DIEING SPORT and MMA like UFC AND PRIDE is TAKING OVER.

opinionated1too 4 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated1too Click to send private message to opinionated1too Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 49-46?"
How can you question the scoring but NOT the decision??? BRAVO was robbed tonight. I didn't get the scoring at all.. not one bit. How the hell can you get knocked down in round one and still come out on top when you never dominated any one round is beyond me. I can say that I WILL not be watching the last fight and I guarantee that alot of others won't either. Bravo was ripped off tonight. I don't know what the show and producers were trying to achieve but there is NO WAY that Bravo lost this fight... no way!

09-19-06, 11:56 PM (EST)
5. "RE: 49-46?"
I don't question the decision because there's no way we can know, based on the editing, how the rounds went. We don't see every round in its entirety, so I'm willing to believe that Brewer won 2 or 3 rounds. But he was knocked down in the first. That's 10-8 round. Period. There's no way that editing can change that.

stiv_x 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stiv_x Click to send private message to stiv_x Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 49-46?"
I can only think of one way this happened. If a fighter has dominated a round he was knocked down in, that round can be scored 10-10. Then, Grady would have had to lose a different round. Then, it could have ended up 49-46. That is the only way I can see it.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-25-06, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 49-46?"
The unedited fight is on espn.com. I have not watched it yet but have read the comments of some that have seen it. They said that the unedited fight easily showed that brewer won the fight. They say the scoring was wrong but Brewer did win. I thought Brewer won too against Bravo but I think it was close (only seeing the edited version).

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •