The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Trainers...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

Team_Stress_RI 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-04-06, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Team_Stress_RI Click to send private message to Team_Stress_RI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Trainers...."
i think more of the boxers should listen to Jeremy he's good and he knows everything about boxing and does a hell of a better job then tommy on the insperational side of things i mean what did tommy say in torres corner lol... BOX THIS GUY lol thats all i mean in Belletto's corner jeremy was like look at your kids your doing it for them and everything if im fighting i want him in my corner anyday over tommy
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Trainers.... the_sweet_science 08-05-06 1
   RE: The Trainers.... cmoneytakemoney 08-06-06 2
       RE: The Trainers.... the_sweet_science 08-06-06 3
           RE: The Trainers.... cmoneytakemoney 08-07-06 4
               RE: The Trainers.... the_sweet_science 08-11-06 5
                   RE: The Trainers.... AyaK 08-11-06 6
                       RE: The Trainers.... csourk 08-12-06 7
   RE: The Trainers.... Poose 09-17-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

the_sweet_science 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-05-06, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail the_sweet_science Click to send private message to the_sweet_science Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Trainers...."
Actually, Tommy is a world class trainer who has worked with world champions, and I would say he knows the boxing game much more than Jeremy and I think Jeremy would admit that he could learn a great deal from Tommy.

A fighter has to want to be trained and he has to want to take direction. Torres is the kind of fighter that a trainer would hate because he has such great talent but his head is on backwards.

As for Jeremy, then I think that his style is most definitely not what you would see in a "regular" boxing fight. You will never see trainers telling a fighter in the corner to look over at their family etc. etc. I think Teddy Atlas said it best when he said that they put that kind of training style on the show for ratings and for more of a hollywood acting type of look, rather than serious boxing training. You will only see it on TV.

How many times have you heard Jeremy actually giving boxing direction in the corner? Then again, we only see what the producers show us!

Don't get me wrong, I think Jeremy could one day be a good trainer but he is still in early training for that. He only stopped fighting himself in 2004. I think what could make him good is not just his knowledge of boxing but the fact that he is personable with fighters.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cmoneytakemoney 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-06-06, 03:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cmoneytakemoney Click to send private message to cmoneytakemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Trainers...."
Tommy isn't a world class trainer. The best boxer he ever trained is Lou Savarese who by the way is a bum.

08-06-06, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail the_sweet_science Click to send private message to the_sweet_science Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Trainers...."
I never said Tommy was one of "the greatest" trainers, however he is indeed a world class trainer, having worked with fighters and world champions from not only the USA, but also Canada, Russia, Dominican Republic, Italy...among the fighters; former WBO Middleweight Champion Doug Dewitt, WBC & WBA Middleweight Champion Vito Antuofermo who fought to a draw with Marvin Hagler in their first fight, Segundo Mercado who fought to a draw with Bernard Hopkins in their first fight, Merqui Sosa who lost a split decision to James Toney for the IBC Middleweight belt but later went on to beat Glenn Johnson, Donny Lalonde who was the WBC Light Heavyweight Champion and fought Sugar Ray Leonard for 2 different weight-class belts in the same fight and he lost.

As for Lou Savarese; he lost a close split decvision to George Foreman for the WBU Heavyweight title, and he knocked out Buster Douglas in the 1st round for the vacant IBA Heavyweight title. I don't think I could call him a bum.

cmoneytakemoney 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-07-06, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmoneytakemoney Click to send private message to cmoneytakemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Trainers...."
I am a boxing fan who knows a lot about the sport and I have never heard of any of those fighters except Doug Dewitt and he really wasn't that good at all. Lou Savarese lost a close decision to a old washed up George Foreman and knocked out Buster Douglas who by the way turned into a fat slob after the Mike Tyson fight,and never won anything close to a big fight aftter that. That doesn't seam like a great resume to me.

08-11-06, 06:11 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The Trainers...."
There are many boxing fans who know alot about the sport. There are also many boxing fans who know alot about the sport who HAVE heard of the fighters that I mentioned.

Again, I never said Tommy was a legndary trainer or that he trained legendary fighters but the bottom line is that he trained several world champions and while you may not know about those fighters, many boxing fans do, and they were world champions. Some of the fighters I mentioned fought to a draw with the best fighters in the world, and one of them beat Glenn Johnson who was Light Heavy champ and probably will beat Clint Woods to be champ again.

I also never said that Lou Savarese was a great fighter or that he had a great resume. I simply said that he wasn't a bum, and nobody who knows about boxing would ever call him a bum. He was a world champion.

Unless of course the only fighters one knows about are the ones they see on TV.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-06, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Trainers...."
I was mocking Tommy's ringside advice to his fighters in my response to this week's summary ... but I won't deny that Tommy knows what he's doing out there.

Nobody ever "strategizes" at ringside. All you're trying to do is get your fighter to remember the strategy that you've both agreed upon beforehand. In this week's fight, the cut clearly had taken Grady's mind off what he was doing in the ring. In the 5th round, Grady remembered. I don't know if Tommy's cliches played any role in that, but they probably didn't hurt.

As far as bums go, Benji Singleton is a bum. Lou Savarese? Not a bum. Vito Antuofermo? DEFINITELY not a bum, even if Tommy handled him late in his career.

csourk 8 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-06, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csourk Click to send private message to csourk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Trainers...."
If I was fighting I would much rather have Tommy. He keeps his fighter focused.

Poose 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-06, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poose Click to send private message to Poose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Trainers...."
If I had a choice of one of those trainers, it would be
Jeremy hands down. He studies his boxers opponent and
gives perfect advice to his boxer. He gives them that
extra inspiration to keep going strong when they get tired.
I thought the way Tommy kept screaming and slapping Torres
was awful. It sure did'nt help his self esteem when he seemed
to need it the most. I thought Aaron Torres did a great job,
but by the way Tommy was acting who could tell?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •