The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official RTVW Summary: Contender 2, Episode 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-07-06, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official RTVW Summary: Contender 2, Episode 9"

Rehashing the Rivalry!

In this episode, we begin by reliving Walter and K9’s previous wins of the tournament and their ongoing rivalry during the course of the season. They are shown bickering back and forth.

Up in the loft, the guys are talking about Steve’s recent win. He returns to cheers. The guys discuss who is left in the tournament. K9 talks about Walter. He tells us that guy is one punch from a KO!

Off to the bracket wall, where Steve places his name plate in fight #13, the first fight of the semifinal round. Steve calls this the Fabulous Four! Sugar Ray tells him he will be fighting K9 or Walter next, depending on who wins the next fight. I guess they can’t choose their match this time. The organizers must’ve wised up after the previous two winners had back to back fights. Steve is in a good position because he’s into the semifinals and can rest up while the others now have to battle it out to see who moves on. Steve gets a few special prizes from Sugar Ray. He is given a gold medallion, which may have been a keychain or could’ve been some kind of medal, I couldn’t really tell. He also gets a portable DVD player and some DVDs of his previously won fights from the tournament. Sugar Ray tells us this is a valuable tool for a boxer because they can see what they did right and make improvements where it may be necessary.

Up next we see the guys head back to their training and they talk about the next round. K9 and Walter are getting ready for their battle. K9 is sparring and dishes out a lot of trash talk to Walter, who is watching him. Walter talks trash back to him, of course, and we can see this rivalry is coming to a head! K9 tells us he wants to get Walter off his game and get inside his head.

Tommy is seen talking to Walter about his upcoming fight and gives him some advice. Walter tells us a little more about himself. He never knew much of his father and his mother is getting married, so she doesn’t have time for him. He never got along with his stepfather, so he relied on his uncle, who will be coming to watch him fight along with his Walter’s girlfriend.

Steve and Grady are in the loft discussing the upcoming fight between Walter and K9 and they give us their opinions on the boxers. Both of them agree, they’d give the edge to Walter for this win. Steve points out that K9 has had it rough, but he respects the man for what he has become.

K9 goes off with his fiancé and his son to a park to have a picnic and spend some time together before the fight. He talks to us about wanting to move on in this tournament and becoming the champ. He tells us he grew up without his dad and how that makes him want to always be there for his son. He says he could never do that to him.

Later on, we see the two preparing for the fight in their locker rooms. K9’s going to focus and talks with Jeremy, who tells us that Walter is a boxer, but K9 is a dogfight! Walter tells us he is a chess player and he has another talk with Tommy, who says that we have here a boxer versus a brawler. K9’s fiancé and son visit the locker room and Walter’s uncle and girlfriend also visit.

On to the fight! In round 1, K9 gets in several shots and then locks up Walter’s arm. The ref stops him when he’s holding Walter’s head. The ref has to remind them that when he says stop, they must break apart and stop fighting. We continue and it goes on several more times until the bell rings. I don’t clearly know who won that round, but it looked like K9 landed more punches, so I guess it was him. In round 2, Walter gets in quite a few shots, but then K9 pulls him in and locks up his arm. The ref has to warn them again. They continue, the bell rings and this looks to be Walter’s round. In round 3, Both of them are swinging an awful lot at each other. Walter gets a few really good shots in. They continue to lock each other up and the ref actually has to call a timeout to warn them again. This round was most likely Walter’s. In round 4, Walter is dominating, but then K9 comes back and gets the advantage. I think this round is K9’s, but I can’t say for sure from the editing. Even Sugar Ray can’t tell and he questions the people around him in the stands to see if they’d score the rounds at 2 to 2. In round 5, the boxers must be tiring because there are a lot less punches being thrown and landed, but K9 lands more plus gets in a few body shots. I’d give this one to K9. So I have the match scored at 48 – 47 for K9. According to the judges, who hand down another unanimous decision, K9 wins. Again they do not reveal the score.

K9 is happy with his win. He’s in the final four. He tells us Walter fought a good fight. Walter tells us he wanted to box, but showed he could fight. He can’t believe he lost and he really wanted respect from K9. He says he will learn from the loss. He hangs his gloves and leaves the gym.

Next week: The guys get to visit Sugar Ray’s house and we’ll see another double header! It will be Stewart vs. Brewer and Bravo vs. Balletto!

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: Contende... AyaK 09-11-06 1
   RE: Official RTVW Summary: Contende... ARnutz 09-14-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-06, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: Contender 2, Episode 9"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-06 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

I missed the episode on ESPN, but I watched a version of the fight on YouTube that just included the boxing (and not the clips in between rounds). Based on that, I gave K9 four rounds, all but the third.

BUT ... the total amount of boxing shown from FIVE ROUNDS (15 minutes of fight time) was 6:01 (which included the ref's time-out to warn the boxers about holding), so it's just a guess. More of a guess than normal, since the resolution on my computer isn't as good as the resolution on my TV.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: Contender 2, Episode 9"
It's amazing how much of the fight they edit out, but I suppose for the normal reality show viewer, it's all about attention span.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •