The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"C2 Episode 5 thoughts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-09-06, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"C2 Episode 5 thoughts"
This was boxing ... on its dirtier side.

In the end, the only thing Vinroy Barrett had going for him was his ability to fight dirty. After his Tysonesque "unintentional" headbutt of Grady Brewer in round 3, I was waiting for him to bite off part of Grady's ear.

Like two of the judges, I scored the fight (based on the excerpts) 49-46 for Grady, giving Vinroy only round 4 (when the bleeding clearly bothered Grady).

It seems that Grady has to schedule himself in the Episode 11 second-round slot to give the cut as much time to heal as possible before his next match. But we'll see.

In a side note, I notice that the one judge that scored the Torres-Bennetto fight in favor of Torres has worked both of the next two fights. The other two judges, who scored the fight in favor of Bennetto, have not worked again (so far).

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: C2 Episode 5 thoughts PagongRatEater 08-09-06 1
   RE: C2 Episode 5 thoughts Wacko Jacko 08-09-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-09-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: C2 Episode 5 thoughts"
Vinroy can clearly punch. Hard. However, it seems that he can be pushed around and his big punches usually avoided. As he develops better skills in the ring, he is going to be a tough boxer down the road.

This was definitely a close fight, but Grady dominated the first two rounds and held his own in every round but the fourth. Vinroy shouldn't have won the bout simply on the merit of a headbut - intentional or not.

Seriously, I wish we could eliminate Grady's wife though. She is LOUD!!!

But, the four of us had a great time.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-09-06, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: C2 Episode 5 thoughts"
As the fight appeared on tv, Grady won handly. I can not believe it was scored as close as it was. Vinroy could not do anything right. Didn't seem very athletic. Seems to throw the same punch over and over. And did not have the footwork necessary for boxing.

Two side notes, I wish the editing did not give away the winner every week before the fight starts. I knew the way they were building Grady up he was going to win.

Also, I wish some of the 'favorites' would win. Personally don't see any of the winners of the first 5 fights having much of a career after the show...only exception is Walter Wright.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •