The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 4 thoughts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-02-06, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 4 thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-06 AT 09:18 PM (EST)

A complete mismatch. Not even Burnett's editors could spin the fight between Walter Wright and Andre Eason, because Eason was totally outclassed. All three judges scored it 50-44, giving Wright every round (plus a 10-8 in round 1 with the knockdown).

Give Wright high marks for picking out the weakest person on the other team ... and Burnett credit for continuing to spin the inevitable fight between Vinroy Barrett and Grady Brewer.

The winning Gold team got Polaroids. I would rather have gotten the cash roll that the winning Blue team in Ep. 3 got.

Interesting that Gary "Lucky" Balletto chose to fight Bravo in the last match of the next round. I guess they're both suckers for the air time.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 4 thoughts SherpaDave 08-02-06 1
 RE: Episode 4 thoughts Wacko Jacko 08-03-06 2
   RE: Episode 4 thoughts PagongRatEater 08-03-06 3
   RE: Episode 4 thoughts the_sweet_science 08-04-06 4
       RE: Episode 4 thoughts Team_Stress_RI 08-04-06 5
           RE: Episode 4 thoughts the_sweet_science 08-05-06 6
               RE: Episode 4 thoughts Team_Stress_RI 08-06-06 7
                   RE: Episode 4 thoughts Team_Stress_RI 08-06-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 4 thoughts"
Wright looks like one hell of a fighter, but I found it ironic that before the match he talked about losing his first pro fight because he had the guy but left him off the hook by showboating. Wright did far, far too much showboating in this fight and, at least based on what MB showed us, those appeared to correspond to the few times when Eason got back into the fight.

I love watching a fighter who can move like this and bring power when needed (I'm a big fan of Chris Byrd, for example). When a fighter has a skillset like this, he doesn't need to do all the hand gestures and crap.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-03-06, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 4 thoughts"
I agree about the editing of this one. They sure made it look like a closer fight than it was. I did not even notice Andre in the proceeding episodes...I was like who is this guy?

I think Gary made the right move. Not sure I would want to fight last in the second round because you could end up fighting first in the third and have no time off between fights. But Bravo seems like a good one to fight. He is older than the other fighters and can be had if you have the proper training. Don't know how many times BRavo has been knocked out (he has a poor career record) but if he has a history of being knocked out the fight is tailormade for Gary.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 4 thoughts"
Gary's biggest problem is that he is a big hitter, but is inexperienced and can miss a lot of shots. A seasoned fighter who can move should be able to box circles around him. Bravo has experience and toughness, I think he will be very hard to knock out. My pick would be Bravo. Gary just needs all the recovery time he can get after the pummeling he took.

But, the four of us had a great time.

the_sweet_science 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-04-06, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail the_sweet_science Click to send private message to the_sweet_science Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 4 thoughts"
Nito Bravo has been knocked out only once in his career and that happened over 12 years ago. Aaron Torres was knocked out in his last fight before fighting Gary.

I think Gary chose to fight Nito not due to any strategy except to allow himself to heal. He was beat-up, battered and cut-up and he seems to me to be the slow-healing type. He basically had no choice but to put himself in that last spot.

The only advantage that I see Gary having is that both him an Bravo like to fight in close, and I think he has more power than Bravo. Most of Bravo's KO's came early in his career.

DO NOT however count Bravo out! This guy is as tough as nails, and he is very difficult to stop. I would have to say that I have to favour Bravo as Bravo has fought the tougher, more experienced and better opposition. Just last year he lost a close split decision to Ernesto Zepeda who has 32 KO's in his 37 wins. He also last year fought to a draw with Ben Tackie who has been in the ring with world champions Ricky Hatton, Kostya Tszyu, Sharmba Mitchell, Juan Lazcano and also Ray Oliveira before Ray became a damaged fighter.

On a side note: In 2001, Nito Bravo lost a fight to Ishe Smith by unanimous decision.

Team_Stress_RI 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-04-06, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Team_Stress_RI Click to send private message to Team_Stress_RI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 4 thoughts"
But you people forget Gary Belletto didnt fight in almost 2 and a half years, ive seen him fight, he just needed to get his legs back under him. if he can establish a jab he's got the fight in the bag, because if you look at the last 3 fights for Bravo the jab was very successful.

Im not saying Gary is a lock so don't go betting on this but Gary has 2 loses on his record, one was to a no namer back in the begining of his career and the other one was to Micheal Clark in a Title Fight so I think Gary is glad he is off the show...

As much as i like Gary i still think that Steve Forbes is gonna win it all he has Everything the jab the hooks the uppercut of his is great and the hunger he has to win every match he doesnt have that knockout power but he has alot of heart..

the_sweet_science 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-05-06, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail the_sweet_science Click to send private message to the_sweet_science Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 4 thoughts"
>Gary has 2 loses on his record,
>one was to a no
>namer back in the begining
>of his career and the
>other one was to Micheal
>Clark in a Title Fight
>so I think Gary is
>glad he is off the
>show...

Gry does have 2 losses on his record, however his second loss came after his loss to Mike Clark. In fact, Gary's second loss came in his fight before Aaron Torres. He lost to Gregorio Vargas by a close majority decision for the IBU lightweight title.

One thing that has to also be considered is that Gary Balletto for the most part of his career fought at below 140lbs, while Bravo has fought for most of his career at over 140 lbs.

The more you move up in weight, the less your punches hurt your opponent.

08-06-06, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Team_Stress_RI Click to send private message to Team_Stress_RI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 4 thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-06 AT 00:59 AM (EST)

YES i am sorry he did lose before arron torres i was thinking of Dennis Laurey in the beggining of his career but that was a split win not a split lose my fault..

08-06-06, 01:04 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 4 thoughts"
But again like SRL said Gary is the best pound for pound boxer on the show. yes he did fight at lightweight but again if he can establish a jab ill put money on gary all day.. also while were on the subject, im sure Gary hates this 5 round format because he is a boxer that loves to beat your body to the point where you drop your hands for a second then POW lands decent combo's.

i did think he won that fight against torres but it was very close no judge likes to see take downs like torres did and the second and third round are deff. Gary's so it comes down to the last round which i think the flurry of punches by Gary is what sealed the deal for him..

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •