The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Update: Manfredo Jr. says "no" to Mora-3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

the_sweet_science 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-16-06, 02:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail the_sweet_science Click to send private message to the_sweet_science Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Update: Manfredo Jr. says "no" to Mora-3"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-06 AT 02:54 AM (EST)

"Sergio Mora 3 will never happen. Sergio Mora didn't want to give me the chance (of a 3rd fight) and now all of the sudden he wants to fight me".

Peter says he plans on staying at 168, and that "I don't need Sergio Mora no more, Sergio Mora needs me now...the world knows that out of The Contender people, I am the man to beat right now, and he (Mora) knows that".

http://boxingtalk.com/pag/article6982.html

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Update: Manfredo Jr. says "no" ... Wacko Jacko 02-16-06 1
   RE: Update: Manfredo Jr. says "no" ... the_sweet_science 02-23-06 3
 RE: Update: Manfredo Jr. says "no" ... BoxingLegend 02-23-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-16-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Update: Manfredo Jr. says "no" to Mora-3"
That is too bad because he is dilussional. Hey, I have always liked Manfredo but to think that he is the man to beat out of the Contender people he is wrong. Mora still has a 2-0 record against him. The question is what have you done for me lately....answer lost to Mora. He should take the fight and fight Mora in his hometown like Mora said. Mora did not have to say he would fight Peter in his home town....afterall Mora is the Champion. Really Mora's challenge is unheard of. Manfredo should shut up and take the fight.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

the_sweet_science 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-23-06, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail the_sweet_science Click to send private message to the_sweet_science Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Update: Manfredo Jr. says "no" to Mora-3"
Why would you say that he is delusional? Mora has a 1-1 record against Manfredo Jr. and everybody knows it!

If the question is "what have you done for me lately", then the answer for Manfredo is simple: Moved up a weight class to fight as a Super Middleweight (168lbs), and in 3 rounds dismantled and obliviated one of the best Super Middleweight fighters in the world who was world ranked in the top 10 and fought for the Super Middleweight championship of the world in his previous fight. This means big opportunities and big paydays for Peter. Mora ALREADY said after their last fight that he would not fight Manfredo Jr in Providence.

You call Mora "the Champion" but what "Champion" is he in the boxing world? He is the champion of a TV show with 16 boxers. All the credit and respect for him winning The Contender (even though some say that Mora lost to both Najai Turpin and Ishe Smith). And even though Mora is "The Contender" champ, and on paper he is 2-0 VS. Manfredo Jr., for Mora to fight Manfredo Jr. now is a step forward while Manfredo Jr. fighting Mora is a step backwards.

Furthermore, Manfredo Jr. as it seems will likely fight Omar Sheika next. Sheika is known for his wars with Scott Pemberton in 2003 and 2004 (Pemberton won both) but perhaps Sheika is best known for giving current Super Middleweight Champion Jeff Lacy the toughest fight of his career, and Sheika is a guy who beat Glenn Johnson in 2000 and even knocked him down (Glenn Johnson is the former Light Heavyweight Champion who viciously KO'd Roy Jones Jr.) Sheika has fought for the world Championship 4 times and is still a dangerous contender in the Super Middleweight division.

So if you are Peter Manfredo Jr. what would you do? Take a step forward and fight real contenders for real belts which may realisticaly lead to a Championship fight within 1 or 2 years, or go back and fight Sergio Mora a 3rd time for a TV show belt? First let Sergio get into fighting 10 and/or 12 round fights, and then fight someone who has accomplished something. Then maybe Peter would fight him again. Otherwise, why take a step backwards?

To Peter Manfredo and the rest of the boxing world, Mora is not "the Champion". Jermain Taylor and Jeff Lacy are the Champions.

BoxingLegend 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-23-06, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BoxingLegend Click to send private message to BoxingLegend Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Update: Manfredo Jr. says "no" to Mora-3"
Mora is not running from Peter, He needs to Fight someone else, beat that opponent ,, then return to Peter. People need to see Sergio fight someone else and see he is the real deal.. Fight Manfredo Jr? what for,, been there done that twice,, Sergio has his number.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •