The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Contender Fights 2/13/06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-14-06, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Contender Fights 2/13/06"
Anyone ahve the chance to watch the Contender Fights last night?

I did there were three.

First was Jonathon Ried vs Mr Siad (4 rounds). Siad handled Jonathon with ease. I was puzzled watching Jonathon. Seems like he was thinking too much. The announcers had the fight closer than I did...I was starting to think Siad would get robbed. This will probably be Jonathon's last fight.

Second Migual Espino vs some guy whose name began with a B (8 Rounds). Mr B started off strong and really puttered out fast. Espino took over and by the end of the fight Mr B was just throwing punches to get Espino off of him. Mr B had nothing left and had no chance halfway through the fight. Really Espino should've knocked him out.

THird, Peter Manfredo vs Scotty Pemberton. Pemberton must of aged really fast. You can tell that he had no confidence entering the ring. Actually the announcer said that he noticed this from the prefights. Pemberton is 39 years old and it showed. Manfredo dominated this fight. He knocked Scotty down twice in the third round and was pulverizing him when the Ref stepped in and stopped the fight.

Peter said he hopes to move into the top ten after this fight.....I doubt he will. He fought a really good fight but boxing experts will easily noticed he was fighting a over the hill fighter.

Sergio was there also and he shocked to see how much the Providence crowd was booing him. Everytime Sergio got on camera or said a word he was booed. Sergio said after the fight that the Providence people are great boxing fans. HE said he would love to fight peter in Providence and would do so in a month if Peter would fight him. Peter after the fight said he would be glad to fight Sergio in Providence........so expact rematch number 2.

It was great to watch Peter at his best. He really dismantled Scotty.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Contender Fights 2/13/06 SurvivorBlows 02-14-06 1
 RE: Contender Fights 2/13/06 PagongRatEater 02-14-06 2
 Rubber Match the_sweet_science 02-15-06 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Contender Fights 2/13/06"
I heard on last night's news that Ried was a last-minute fill-in for Alfonso Gomez, who had the flu. Anyone know much notice Reid had about this fight?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Contender Fights 2/13/06"
Manfredo looked a lot better against Pemberton than he did in either of the Mora fights. Certainly not as strong competition and he didn't have to work inside against the long jab, but he DOES have a new trainer and he seemed to be more agressive and punching harder in this fight. I'd love to see him get the victory that he was robbed of in the rematch.

But, the four of us had a great time.

the_sweet_science 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-15-06, 06:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail the_sweet_science Click to send private message to the_sweet_science Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Rubber Match"
I call it the rubber match because Manfredo Jr. easily won the last fight, and you cannot take away the first fight from Sergio, he won The Contender.

If Peter works hard, maintains his weight, and listens closely to Freddy and follows what he is told to do, I think he may even be able to stop Sergio, with all due respect to him. Peter is a different fighter with Freddy and letting his father step down as the guy in charge, yet still keeeping him as a major part of his team was the best thing he could do for his career. He still left some openings against The Sandman, however he has clearly shown that he is a much improved boxer who has the potential to make some noise in any of 3 weight classes, whereas during The Contender he looked over-rated. But all being said, you can never count Mora out though.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •