The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ishe Pulls Out of Fight!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

renoguy 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-26-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail renoguy Click to send private message to renoguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ishe Pulls Out of Fight!"
Ishe Smith Pulls out of September 24 Brinkley Fight

http://www.boxingtalk.net/pages/free4612.htm

Well, first of all I was surprised to see the fight was moved back to September 24th. This is a fight night that was originally supposed to happen in early July, and was to be Sept 1st last I heard. Now that the Ishe/Jesse fight is off, I'm wondering if the fights will ever happen?

Hopefully, VegasFightWriter can find some more information?

I don't know what Contender/ESPN might do to replace this fight. Hopefully they can get Sergio back in to participate? Then maybe we can have these two pretty competitive fights?...

Sergio/Alfonso
Jesse/Peter

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ishe Pulls Out of Fight! VegasFightWriter 07-26-05 1
   RE: Ishe Pulls Out of Fight! renoguy 07-26-05 2
       RE: Ishe Pulls Out of Fight! JiveGuy 07-26-05 3
           RE: Ishe Pulls Out of Fight! VegasFightWriter 07-27-05 4
               RE: Ishe Pulls Out of Fight! Wacko Jacko 07-28-05 5
                   RE: Ishe Pulls Out of Fight! JiveGuy 07-28-05 6
 Card now pushed back to October? VegasFightWriter 07-30-05 7
   RE: Card now pushed back to October... Wacko Jacko 08-01-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-26-05, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ishe Pulls Out of Fight!"
The story is pretty much as on BoxingTalk. Ishe, who started at 147 before the show, was asked to fight at 165 because Jesse can't make a lower weight. And for that sacrifice, he was asked to take significantly less money than Jesse. He didn't want to take it, Joe Goossen didn't want him to take it, he's not taking it. He's ready to move on, not fight jesse Brinkley over seven rounds for the short end of the purse three full weight divisions above his recent fighting weight. I'm biased, but I'm on his side.

Sergio/Alfonso almost certainly won't happen. Sergio looked HUGE when I saw him a little over a wek ago. He looks like he's a light heavyweight right now, and Alfonso shouldn't really be fighting at 160. Plus, I believe Sergio still has bone spurs. But who knows what will happen now?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

renoguy 28 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-05, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail renoguy Click to send private message to renoguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ishe Pulls Out of Fight!"
I would of thought that they would of agreed to fight at a certain weight back when they agreed to the fight in the first place. And it's still two months away, so I'd think Jesse could make the weight if he had to. So I'm wondering if one of them changed their mind? Don't think you can do that if it's already signed, but maybe it wasn't yet? I seem to recall Jesse saying he no longer wanted to fight at 160, so I would of thought that would of been an issue before the fight was set.

Didn't know Ishe was going to make less than Jesse. One thing I liked about the last Contender fights was that the winner took the bigger purse (except for maybe the case of Anthony). I wish they'd keep that.

And I agree, if Ishe went to a higher weight class than is natural for him, he should be fairly compensated.

Without Ishe or Sergio, there is no other good 2nd match I can think of for ESPN. Maybe they can find someone outside of Contender for Jesse to fight? With all the different boxing organizations, maybe they could even get a top 10 fighter from one of them? They may not get anything career wise by fighting Jesse, but the publicity would be great for some aspiring fighter.

JiveGuy 31 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-05, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JiveGuy Click to send private message to JiveGuy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ishe Pulls Out of Fight!"
damn. more set backs. just as long as we get Contender 2.

07-27-05, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ishe Pulls Out of Fight!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-05 AT 07:56 AM (EST)

From what I hear, Contender 2 is now looking a good possibility for ESPN. Sly will probably not be involved ($$$$), Ray will be. Don't know about Jackie or Tommy. And the talk remains of Contender 2 guys fighting Contender 1 guys, although I don't know if that is during the season itself or afterward.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-28-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ishe Pulls Out of Fight!"
This whole thing sounds ridiculous to me. If all 16 guys signed up to fight at one weight than they should fight at that weight. It's Jesse's problem not Ishe's.

Gosh, I swear that Boxing is a bigger soap opera than Days of Our Lives. COME ON guys!!!! I am starting to lose interest in boxing again. It did not take long.

JiveGuy 31 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JiveGuy Click to send private message to JiveGuy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ishe Pulls Out of Fight!"
<And the talk remains of Contender 2 guys fighting Contender 1 guys, although I don't know if that is during the season itself or afterward.>

With guys dropping like flies out of their contract (Ahmed, Joey....?), what good boxers will be left from season 1? Brent? Lange? Juan? Miguel? Tarick? Bleh. Unless they brought back EVERYONE, I wish they'd just get a fresh crop of new guys. And damn, it's a shame Stallone is leaving.

07-30-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
7. "Card now pushed back to October?"
It now looks as if the card may be pushed back yet again, this time to sometime in October, primarily because Sergio has now been medically cleared to resume training, so they want to give him time to get into shape so he can fight on the card. With that development, and with Ishe nixing the Brinkley fight, some of the proposed matchups have changed again. There is talk of a Mora-Manfredo rematch, which I think would be pointless. Alfonso was penciled in to fight Peter a third time, but they wanted to make the fight at 158, which Alfonso does not want to do, and shouldn't do, IMHO. Ishe has now been approached to fight (drumroll, please): Jonathan Reid. Yes, really. And they supposedly still want Juan De La Rosa to fight Brent Cooper. Oh yeah, sounds like a great card ...

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-01-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Card now pushed back to October?"
The guys should fight at the weight the signed up to be at on the show. I am not sure what that weight is but if Jessee or Alfonzo don't want to than they should be charged with violating their contracts unless off course NBC did not put that in there...if not shame on them. Alfonzo should not force someone to come down as Jessee should not force someone to come up to fight him.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •