The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

AlgeCrumpler 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-25-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AlgeCrumpler Click to send private message to AlgeCrumpler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EEEZpuyFkuQlVHVIhX.html

July 5th!!!! VegasFightWriter -- Ishe needs to fight against Sergio Mora, Gomez, or Brinkley!!!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... madkata 05-25-05 1
 RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... zombie29 05-25-05 2
   RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... intocable 05-26-05 11
 RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... stephs47 05-25-05 3
 RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... thecontender2 05-25-05 4
   RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... thecontender2 05-25-05 5
       RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... andielea 05-25-05 6
   RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... jenniferlyn 05-26-05 13
 That is a quick turnaround! CubsFan05 05-25-05 7
   RE: That is a quick turnaround! ladro 05-25-05 9
       RE: That is a quick turnaround! AlgeCrumpler 05-27-05 15
   RE: That is a quick turnaround! jenniferlyn 05-26-05 14
       RE: That is a quick turnaround! 3twinkles 05-29-05 19
 RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... VegasFightWriter 05-25-05 8
   RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... stephs47 05-26-05 10
       RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... VegasFightWriter 05-26-05 12
           RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... madkata 05-28-05 16
               RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... renoguy 05-29-05 17
                   RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... Desire 05-30-05 20
                       RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... VegasFightWriter 05-30-05 21
 RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!!... McCloskey22 05-29-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

madkata 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-25-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail madkata Click to send private message to madkata Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 03:34 PM (EST)

YEAH BABY! I'd love to see any of those guys fight again -- and especially ISHE SMITH... I was SO happy to see him fight yesterday at peak form.

Can't wait! YAY!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zombie29 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-25-05, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombie29 Click to send private message to zombie29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

That's good news, I'm looking forward to it already. I don't think Ishe will get a fight against Sergio. That will go to Manfredo with all the rematch talk they did during and after the fight. I would like to see Alfonso take down Ishe. Ishe beat Alfonso who was 19 at the time back in 2001, it would a much different fight now. Alfonso would win.

intocable 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail intocable Click to send private message to intocable Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
Although I would like to see Alfonso and Ishe go at it, I think Gomex desreves a shot at Sergio before Peter.. that makes two losses for Peter and only 1 for Gomez and Ishe.. So it only seems right that Ishe or Brinkly fight Manfredo and Mora and Gomez go at it.. that would be a fight!!

stephs47 68 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stephs47 Click to send private message to stephs47 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
Yes, I hope Peter gets a re-match and knocks his a%% out!!!!!

thecontender2 48 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender2 Click to send private message to thecontender2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
Wow! That is great news. I am so glad you posted that article. The Contender II will come!
We need new blood first. Call Frank Stallone and tell him to get to work
Please let us know who they keep on the Mark B. Contract as I have heard that the contenders are able to get out of their contracts as of today. But why would they? Mark is showing them he means business.
I hope we get to see more boxing on regular television.

A new belt is born. A new breed of champion has evolved.

thecontender2 48 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender2 Click to send private message to thecontender2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
A rematch? Sergio vs Peter?

That is not a challenge.

Peter needs to work his way back up the Contender food chain.
Alfonso, Jesse and Ishe are the ones in line.

Joey versus Peter. That is one I want to see.
Joey will kick Peters azz if he is not still in love with him. Like Mora said against the fight he had with Brinkley. It is hard to fight against some one you love and respect and adore.

We need to make them talk trash get them angry at each other before matches

Make the fights more mean but not dirty mean like Hairy and Peter the headbutter cheater grabbing and sucker punching Manfredo.

andielea 17 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail andielea Click to send private message to andielea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
I just read the story and it says if you go to contender.yahoo.com you can pre-register for tickets. I tried, but found nothing on the website about it? Anyone else?

jenniferlyn 147 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
From all I've read, it's Stallone that was the most peeved because of the time changes the network pulled at the start of the series, so it sounds like the EPMB is looking for another network to pick it up. If they do another season without Sly, it would be a HUGE loss in my opinion. Besides, we don't want to have to rely on that "other" boxing reality show that's coming out for our reality/boxing fix do we??

CubsFan05 37 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CubsFan05 Click to send private message to CubsFan05 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "That is a quick turnaround!"
With the cuts that some of the final 4 suffered, 6 weeks is a very fast turnaround.

Typically, fighters get at least 2 1/2 to 3 months, don't they?

Well, they have to strike while the iron is still hot (or at least lukewarm).

I think that fans would want to see Joey try to kick Anthony's face in as well...

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-25-05, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: That is a quick turnaround!"
yea, three months from now everyone will have forgotten. Even six weeks is a long time for most memories. Sly must have made some good coin off the gate on those fights to justify some more fights. I haven't heard the TV ratings, but I can't imagine they were that great.

AlgeCrumpler 39 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AlgeCrumpler Click to send private message to AlgeCrumpler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: That is a quick turnaround!"
10 million people watched the Contender Finale. That is not bad at all in my opinion, especially going against American Idol and Survivor finales. Tuesday nights this show could've whipped some #####.

jenniferlyn 147 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: That is a quick turnaround!"
I would LOVE to see that happen, hell I'll drive there from WA state if I have to!!

3twinkles 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-05, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 3twinkles Click to send private message to 3twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: That is a quick turnaround!"
this is great news. Hey "jenniferlyn" where in wa state are you from? That is where I am from!.

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-25-05, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
Damn! You guys are quick. I spend the afternoon hanging out with a fighter friend of mine (and watching him train, thus justifying it as "work"), and cdome back to post the press release, and you've beaten me to it. Don't any of us have lives?

I haven't spoken to Ishe since last night, and then only briefly. His phone went straight to voice mail this afternoon. I don't know what his plans are; a week or so ago he just wanted out, big time. Needless to say, I'll let you know as soon as he tells me something that he clears for me to post.

stephs47 68 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stephs47 Click to send private message to stephs47 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
VFW-thanks for the info and all your insider scoop. But I must ask...I thought (according to the news release), that is would be a fight for ONLY the final four. Maybe I misunderstood...can you enlighten me? Is there any more info on this out there? Thanks Again Stephanie

05-26-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
I just don't know. Ishe and I are playing phone tag. The press release does make it sound as if only the final four will be involved--or at least that they are the ones who have agreed to fight.

madkata 54 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-05, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail madkata Click to send private message to madkata Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
>I just don't know. Ishe and I are playing phone tag. The press release does make it sound as if only the final four will be involved--or at least that they are the ones who have agreed to fight.

From an friend on the inside who will remain anonymous:

"i don't think the fights are going to happen on july 5th. at least the 4 that fought in the big fights, they are all comissioned to not fight until after those dates.. and they don't want
to fight so soon... as what i've been hearing as of late."

So what the heck IS happening on July 5? Anyone else got scoop?

renoguy 28 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-05, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail renoguy Click to send private message to renoguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
"So what the heck IS happening on July 5? Anyone else got scoop?"

I hear that Brent and Anthony are going to go at it in a cage with metal chairs and concrete floor.

Desire 48 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-05, 04:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Desire Click to send private message to Desire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
>"So what the heck IS happening
>on July 5? Anyone else
>got scoop?"
>
>I hear that Brent and Anthony
>are going to go at
>it in a cage with
>metal chairs and concrete floor.
>

Man they are already saying they are trying for Pay Per View for July 5th.
Give me a break! aaarrrggggh..

I am going out and buying me a rigged cable box. Screw this noise.

05-30-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
Yup, their relentless quest to "clean up" boxing and free it from the greed of promoters continues. What a joke.

McCloskey22 15 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-05, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail McCloskey22 Click to send private message to McCloskey22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Contender is BACK, Baby!!!! July 5th!"
great news great news...but im still confused..is there going to be a whole new season like the last one or just some fights???

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •