The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Contender Return"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ginas Gifts 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-29-05, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ginas%20Gifts Click to send private message to Ginas%20Gifts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Contender Return"
Hi Everyone,

I am a mother and wife whom puts up with alot of sports in our family with all boys. Normally I really dont care who wins or loses.

But with The Contender it was different. I hope that Mark Burnett shops around to find a better network to carry the series and keep up the high standards that the first Contender has set.

With all the reality tv the networks put out these days, I can only see one reason The Contender did not get higher ratings.... men these days like skin......womens skin. One thing the networks have over looked is what women want. The Contender was a great start. It is clean whole some competition where the true best of the best shine through.

I am all for bringing the contender back. I have already written to NBS and are whole family and network of friends are boycotting NBS for buckling under bad ratings in a first season. If all networks caved like NBS there would be no Soprono's, no Friends, no Cheers, none of the really good series that took more than one shot to make it.

Think about it, I know my family is tired of watching beatiful people with bad attitudes eating bugs and running around the world, or sun bathing on some tropical island.

Bring back The Contender, which is the first real reality show that makes a positive difference in everyones life.

Thank You for reading my rantings.

gina

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Contender Return chillin_man 05-29-05 1
   RE: The Contender Return 3twinkles 05-29-05 2
 Duplicate topic - locking Bebo 05-30-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

chillin_man 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-29-05, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chillin_man Click to send private message to chillin_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Contender Return"
yea It will be back dont u worry. I agree with a lot that u said this is one of the shows of reality tv that I actually enjoy watching because it has so many emotions packed in each episode and im a boxing fan.. Mark burnett said he doesnt want to hang up the gloves on the contender yet. He said if nbc doesnt want to pick it up for another season then he'll go somewhere else and that somewhere is most likely gonna be ESPN. He said he recieved so many pats on the back for his work on contender then he did for any of his other reality tv shows. He also said that the viewers want to see these guys live out their dreams. So if mark burnet the producer wants to continue the show then i think it will continue. I also heard suger ray and stallone are already in negotiations as well with EPSN for a second season.

3twinkles 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-29-05, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 3twinkles Click to send private message to 3twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Contender Return"
I am with you too! It was good enough to get me hooked on boxing which i never followed until now. I started watching it as a fan fo Stallones but I quickly grew to really bei nterested in the fighters on the show. It was a nice change from the other shows.

The not showing skin of women was a nice change...I thought it failed because they put it on Sundays although a few people have disagreed wit that.

But i think you rae right if they give up on it after one season just because of low ratings then your right we would not have had things like friends (which had low ratings it's first season).
Think about it like this though. I think they should shop it around because NBC was the brains behind cancelling jag and it went to cbs for ten years lol. They also cancelled Baywatch after one season (although I personally hated that show lol)but that one went on to be the most popular show in america on another network.

Anyway just wanted to let you know i am a wife and mother of three kids two of whom are boys and so I am in testosterone land over here and I am still a fan. lol

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-30-05, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Duplicate topic - locking"

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •