The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sergio has NO class"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

KendraFan 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-25-05, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KendraFan Click to send private message to KendraFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sergio has NO class"
Am I the only one who lost all respect for Sergio as a person last night? They had to bleep out several seconds because of his classless trash talking. I was an Alfonso fan the whole season and I am from California, so I'm not an East Coast flunky nor am I a Peter lover. I just think Sergio is a bum.

Sergio clearly won the fight, but I turned off the TV thinking "I won't follow that guy's career" and "His mother must be happy but embarassed from that performance".

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sergio has NO class Cali_Sweet 05-25-05 1
 RE: Sergio has NO class thecontender2 05-25-05 2
   Personal attacks are not allowed IceCat 05-25-05 21
 RE: Sergio has NO class ARnutz 05-25-05 3
 RE: Sergio has NO class happyme 05-25-05 4
   RE: Sergio has NO class jezebelsriot 05-25-05 5
       RE: Sergio has NO class thecontender2 05-25-05 6
       RE: Sergio has NO class Tough Cookie 05-25-05 12
   RE: Sergio has NO class stephs47 05-25-05 8
       RE: Sergio has NO class jezebelsriot 05-25-05 10
       RE: Sergio has NO class fashionkrazy 05-25-05 32
       RE: Sergio has NO class intocable 05-26-05 45
   RE: Sergio has NO class KendraFan 05-25-05 9
       RE: Sergio has NO class mtopaz 05-25-05 13
       RE: Sergio has NO class thecontender2 05-25-05 17
           RE: Sergio has NO class KendraFan 05-25-05 19
   RE: Sergio has NO class KendraFan 05-25-05 11
       RE: Sergio has NO class happyme 05-25-05 16
           RE: Sergio has NO class KendraFan 05-25-05 18
               RE: Sergio has NO class happyme 05-25-05 34
                   RE: Sergio has NO class Bebo 05-25-05 35
                   RE: Sergio has NO class KendraFan 05-26-05 43
                   RE: Sergio has NO class jenniferlyn 05-26-05 57
                       Leave him alone folks! Bebo 05-27-05 62
           Sexist remarks are not allowed IceCat 05-25-05 20
       RE: Sergio has NO class Water_Walker32 05-25-05 24
           RE: Sergio has NO class Srxc11 05-25-05 33
 RE: Sergio has NO class chick 05-25-05 7
   RE: Sergio has NO class mtopaz 05-25-05 14
   RE: Sergio has NO class andielea 05-25-05 15
       RE: Sergio has NO class Wacko Jacko 05-25-05 22
           RE: Sergio has NO class stephs47 05-26-05 38
       RE: Sergio has NO class Water_Walker32 05-25-05 23
           RE: Sergio has NO class Wacko Jacko 05-25-05 25
               RE: Sergio has NO class mtopaz 05-25-05 26
           RE: Sergio has NO class Desire 05-25-05 28
           RE: Sergio has NO class jenniferlyn 05-26-05 58
 RE: Sergio has NO class aliemme 05-25-05 27
   RE: Sergio has NO class Superbad 05-25-05 29
       RE: Sergio has NO class Srxc11 05-25-05 31
 RE: Sergio has NO class fashionkrazy 05-25-05 30
   RE: Sergio has NO class Desire 05-25-05 36
       RE: Sergio has NO class stephs47 05-26-05 39
           WARNING Bebo 05-26-05 46
 RE: Sergio has NO class dirob 05-26-05 37
   RE: Sergio has NO class stephs47 05-26-05 40
       RE: Sergio has NO class dirob 05-26-05 41
           RE: Sergio has NO class stephs47 05-26-05 50
       RE: Sergio has NO class mtopaz 05-26-05 48
   RE: Sergio has NO class KendraFan 05-26-05 42
       RE: Sergio has NO class dirob 05-26-05 44
           RE: Sergio has NO class Lorizh 05-26-05 47
               RE: Sergio has NO class dirob 05-26-05 49
                   RE: Sergio has NO class Desire 05-26-05 51
   RE: Sergio has NO class mtopaz 05-26-05 52
 RE: Sergio has NO class PagongRatEater 05-26-05 53
   RE: Sergio has NO class Desire 05-26-05 54
       RE: Sergio has NO class decoy1 05-26-05 55
       RE: Sergio has NO class PagongRatEater 05-26-05 59
           RE: Sergio has NO class Desire 05-27-05 63
               RE: Sergio has NO class PagongRatEater 05-27-05 65
                   Stop it, you two Bebo 05-27-05 66
                   RE: Sergio has NO class Desire 05-27-05 67
                       RE: Sergio has NO class PagongRatEater 05-27-05 68
   RE: Sergio has NO class mtopaz 05-27-05 69
   RE: Sergio has NO class intocable 05-27-05 72
       RE: Sergio has NO class PagongRatEater 05-27-05 73
           RE: Sergio has NO class mtopaz 05-27-05 74
 RE: Sergio has NO class jenniferlyn 05-26-05 56
 RE: Sergio has NO class tre924 05-27-05 60
   RE: Sergio has NO class SLW3 05-27-05 61
       RE: Sergio has NO class fashionkrazy 05-27-05 64
       RE: Sergio has NO class mtopaz 05-27-05 70
   RE: Sergio has NO class intocable 05-27-05 71
       RE: Sergio has NO class decoy1 05-27-05 75
           RE: Sergio has NO class intocable 05-27-05 76
               RE: Sergio has NO class decoy1 05-27-05 77
       RE: Sergio has NO class KendraFan 05-27-05 78

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cali_Sweet 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-25-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cali_Sweet Click to send private message to Cali_Sweet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I think things happen in the heat of battle and,I would think he didnt just go over there and say stuff for no reason at all. Im sure peters father must have been saying a bunch of stuff for that to happen. and after the fight he showed class by giving them respect. which i think they didnt in return. why didnt peter come over and congratulate sergio after the fight?In all the other fights the fighters did. Big Up Sergio Mora THE CONTENDER. Like he said in the end God Bless EVERYONE>>>Dreams do come true
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

thecontender2 48 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender2 Click to send private message to thecontender2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 03:13 PM (EST)

You ranker!
Who cares if you follow or dont follow The Snakes career. I dont.
Sergio is da man.
You know you were rooting for peter.
Stop lying.
I seen a post where you said you wanted peter to win.

West Side!

Manfredo Sr. should of kept his big mouth shut.
In the 6th round Manfredo Sr. was still yelling obsenities at Sergio. (And sergio had to apologize? I would not have) But Sergio had more class than me. (I wish Ishe was more like that in the ring. Learn to channel his anger in more areas of the fight)

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-25-05, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Personal attacks are not allowed"
Please refer to the board Guidelines for a detailed description of the boards rules.

Thank you.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I guarantee you can't find a boxer who doesn't use vulgar language and trash talk...

Don't you think some of the possible bleeping (if it wasn't just audio difficulties) could've been because of Manfredo Sr.? That guy seems like he might be abusive.

That is part of the sport. Did you expect Sergio to act like Mother Teresa?

happyme 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail happyme Click to send private message to happyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Listen lady,
Sorry your sensitivities were hurt with all those mean words, but that is BOXING. But I guess you would follow the career that of the son of a abusive @-ho7e like Manfredo SR. Don't blame Sergio for losing his cool in a fighting match, when the corner of his opponent (an old man and a bitchy woman) are yelling trash to you. You're blaming the victim. "Has-Been Manfredo Sr” couldn't fight for his son in the ring, so he figured he would do it from outside the ring with his mouth. Get your facts straight

And you want to talk classless, how about punching a full second & a half after the bell, hitting under the belt and trying to head-butt all night. Boxing needs educated fans, not air-heads.

Peace-Out

jezebelsriot 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jezebelsriot Click to send private message to jezebelsriot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Oh man!! Thank you people. I've been reading all over a few forums about what a jerk Sergio was and all this boo hooing about his foul mouth and somehow a silenced ten seconds of words no one even heard has come to overshadow Mora's continual exceptional boxing skills, not to mention his extremely superior strategic thinking in the ring. And holding? Manfredo was dead by the third round and holding onto Mora to get his bearings. Manfredo was a great boxer and I still say this was an exciting fight, but he was simply out boxed. And cocky? You don't get in that type of position without a genuine confidence in your abilities. If I just pummeled the crap out of a few excellent boxers, I think I'd be struttin' too.

05-25-05, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender2 Click to send private message to thecontender2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
jezebelsriot, Hi
I too have gone around reading excuse after excuse.
The only thing they can say is Sergio said something to Manfredo Sr. and he should of been kicked out of the ring LOL.

Truth is Manfredo should never of been up there with Sergio. How many chances are they going to give Peter? He needs to wait his turn. Ishe and Alfonso and even Jesse deserve a shot way before Peter steps back in the ring for a shot.

All the trash that was said about Sergio being a chicken and a runner ect. For every fight he has his strategy. Final outcome. Win.

Tough Cookie 256 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-25-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tough%20Cookie Click to send private message to Tough%20Cookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

And cocky? You don't get in that type of position without a genuine confidence in your abilities. If I just pummeled the crap out of a few excellent boxers, I think I'd be struttin' too.

In absolute agreement with you! He was not only literally having to carry manfredo when he could barely stand up but when he'd stick out his chin and say cmon thats brilliant because he's saying you're not hurting me. That doesn't lack class that's strategy, you just make the other guy so mad he cna't focus his punches!

stephs47 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-25-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stephs47 Click to send private message to stephs47 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Sounds like you're the one with no class, but then again you're also a Sergio fan. If he (Sergio)didn't want to listen to Manfredo's dad and wife yelling for him, he should'a stayed out of that corner. Also, I think it shows very well who started all the trash talking last night. Sergio stopped and looked over there...then started running his mouth. But as I said before, and I'll say again.....Sergio is a snake because he slithers on the ground, he has no backbone to walk around like the rest of us. Sure do hope they get a re-match and I hope Peter knocks his a%% out, even if it's only for a dollar!

jezebelsriot 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jezebelsriot Click to send private message to jezebelsriot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Wow, this is getting personal, insulting people's class because a forum post you disagree with? That's a little foul. I just have to respond to all of this arguing over the trash talking in the rounds. This is BOXING people! This is not Little League wiffel ball here. This is grown ##### men taking a serious ##### beating in the ring. These men aren't saints and shouldn't be held to unrealistic standards of propriety while we as spectators simultaneously request that they inflict serious damage to another man. That's just ridiculous. Here, get mad enough to fight but if you utter some cuss words in the heat of the moment then you are a worthless a$$. I understand you wanted Peter to win and you're disappointed he didn't, but you have to give the fight to the better boxer. And I haven't heard you respond once to Manfredo Sr's foul mouth. Or is that okay because he was on YOUR side?

fashionkrazy 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-25-05, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fashionkrazy Click to send private message to fashionkrazy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Stephs47: Yes, you're SO right! I hope that Peter KO's Sergio cuz his KO's are only worth a dollar now! muahahahahahaha.

Okay, I was being rude to be rude! But if you want to talk about backbone, Peter got a second chance, and now you want a rematch for more money? If you're so worried about having a backbone, suck it up!!!!

intocable 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail intocable Click to send private message to intocable Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Why should Sergio not say anything the Peter's dad, I was at the fight ans that fool was talking so much $hit to Sergio, he deserved to be told "hey watch how I am kicking your litle boy's A$$!!! Sergio dominated the fight and Peter was talking all that smack the day before that he was in tip top shape and all that well it didn't look like it, or it just may have been the way Segio made look! Sergio apologized to tem cats and he tol then it was in the heat of the battle, no one can blame him.. Peter doesn't deserve another second chance!! why would you think he deserves another shot?? HE ALREADY LOST TWICE!!! other guys have only lost once.. If anyone deserves a shot it's Alfonso!!

another thing.. I am also glad Gomez took out Jesse, after he was talking all that smack when Peter fought him the second time.. telling him "you got to go to work on this little guy" Well I wonder if he still thinks of him as "a little guy".

Nuff said!

05-25-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KendraFan Click to send private message to KendraFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
First of all, I'm not a lady.

Second of all, let's be clear about how I felt about the fight. Sergio beat the heck out of Peter in the fight. Anyone who tells you any different is crazy. Peter lost and I don't dispute that Sergio has an amazing amount of ability in the ring.

Third, I know that all boxers trash talk. Why do you think the press comes to the weigh-in? They certainly aren't interested in finding out whether a boxer is at 159 or 160 or whatever. Everyone is hoping for a Mike Tyson "scared coward" moment where a boxer threatens someone to make an opponent his girlfriend.

HOWEVER, Sergio demonstrated a lack of class in the way he trash talked, very similar to Tyson. He tried to play it off that his anger is calculated and intelligent. As stated previously in other posts, he struts his stuff when he is winning and ducks and hides when he has lost a round. Did Manfredo Sr. trash talk Sergio? You bet. Sergio lost his composure and took a couple of stiff punches for his "controlled" anger.

Sergio's strategy and skill was superior last night. I don't dispute that. At the end of the fight, I turned of the TV feeling Peter was a better man. Think of the times you saw Peter win, he was classy and did not exhibit the Snake's arrogance.

Additionally, does anyone think it's ridiculous that Sergio's mother will never have to work again? 1 Million dollars??? After Uncle Sam gets done, you probably walk with half, and you'll spend about that much (if not more) just to get a decent house in California. Sergio had better get his classless self back in that ring if he's gonna really pay the bills.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-25-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
does anyone think it's ridiculous that Sergio's mother will never have to work again? 1 Million dollars??? After Uncle Sam gets done, you probably walk with half, and you'll spend about that much

I've heard one or two other posters discuss this as well, and deride the very idea that Sergio thinks he's earned enough so his mom won't have to work "ever again." Well, if you basically are living on next to nothing, and you suddenly get $500K or thereabouts, I'll excuse you for saying "my mom will never have to work again!" Unrealistic? Perhaps. But a sweet sentiment nonetheless, and I hope at the very least, she can go to work part-time in a florists shop, or at any type of job she would enjoy doing for a change. Mocking him and his mom just seems like so much sour grapes.

VegasFightWriter (I think that's his nick) gave some good insight on the trash talking that was going on. It would seem that Manfredo Sr. and Peter's wife were doing some trash talking of their own. So what if Sergio allowed himself to get distracted, and said a few choice words in the heat of the moment? Like others have said, this is boxing, for Gawd's sake! He lost his cool, apparently said a few choice words back, allowed Manfredo Jr. a few free punches, and then went back to work. He also apologized at the end of the bout, and was very classy in giving props to Manfredo and his team. I say, get over it!

Sig pic by JSlice

05-25-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 04:28 PM (EST)

>First of all, I'm not a
>lady.
>
>Second of all, let's be clear
>about how I felt about
>the fight. Sergio beat
>the heck out of Peter
>in the fight. Anyone
>who tells you any different
>is crazy. Peter lost
>and I don't dispute that
>Sergio has an amazing amount
>of ability in the ring.
>
>
>Third, I know that all boxers
>trash talk. Why do
>you think the press comes
>to the weigh-in? They
>certainly aren't interested in finding
>out whether a boxer is
>at 159 or 160 or
>whatever. Everyone is hoping
>for a Mike Tyson "scared
>coward" moment where a boxer
>threatens someone to make an
>opponent his girlfriend.
>
>HOWEVER, Sergio demonstrated a lack of
>class in the way he
>trash talked, very similar to
>Tyson. He tried to
>play it off that his
>anger is calculated and intelligent.
> As stated previously in
>other posts, he struts his
>stuff when he is winning
>and ducks and hides when
>he has lost a round.
> Did Manfredo Sr. trash
>talk Sergio? You bet.
> Sergio lost his composure
>and took a couple of
>stiff punches for his "controlled"
>anger.
>
>Sergio's strategy and skill was superior
>last night. I don't
>dispute that. At the
>end of the fight, I
>turned of the TV feeling
>Peter was a better man.
> Think of the times
>you saw Peter win, he
>was classy and did not
>exhibit the Snake's arrogance.
>
>Additionally, does anyone think it's ridiculous
>that Sergio's mother will never
>have to work again?
>1 Million dollars??? After Uncle
>Sam gets done, you probably
>walk with half, and you'll
>spend about that much (if
>not more) just to get
>a decent house in California.
> Sergio had better get
>his classless self back in
>that ring if he's gonna
>really pay the bills.

I love to hear people bow down after they make such lame excuses. You are slowly being converted into a Mora fan and you dont even see it comming.
Welcome to the Dark Side! Welcome to the Champions side.

I love how you gave all them great kudos to Sergio. Pay homenage!
Show your respect for the TRUE Champ. Undefeated chest pounding Mora!

I see Peter pound his chest after a few wins.

He got up on the ropes after round one against Sergio. What was that? And Peter lost that round! LOL
So dont say nothing about Peter being classier. That is hog wash.

Ok now that we have cleared that up what other excuses do we have floating around the forum?

You turned the tv off because you got mad at Manfredo for not fighting. Go take it out on his dad. It was him that told him to hold on to Sergio for dear life. Peter should of came out and boxed. I thought Peter was a boxer and not a brawler. I guess he is neither when it comes to fighting some one as superior as Sergio is.

Ooopps I forgot to say that you bet Sergio will be back in the ring defending his belt.
His mom will not have to work. Trust me. We know he only got 650 K. but endorsements and a few more fights and guess what?

Made in the shade!

Mom will not have to work.

05-25-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Sorry to break it to you, but I said in my very first post that I thought Sergio was the clear winner, I have not changed that opinion.

Manfredo was a lesser boxer last night. Peter gets excited for wins, which is totally fine, it's Sergio's attitude that makes him seem arrogant to me. Am I alone? Maybe so, but I'm just stating my opinion.

05-25-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Happyme,

Boxing needs fans period. Most people can't name more than 2 or 3 boxers. We recently had one of the best fights ever (Corrales v Castillo) and it only made the news for 5 minutes.

Maybe if "educated fans" like you wouldn't belittle the opinions of "air-heads" like me, "your" sport would be able to draw fans and the charismatic athletes that it needs so desperately.

05-25-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail happyme Click to send private message to happyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
KendraFan,

Put Your Apron On and Go Back To The Kitchen. Leave boxing to those that know.

05-25-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Very well put and articulate response! What part of my opinion do you disagree with?

Flash your boxing savvy if you disagree. Don't resort to childish name calling.

05-25-05, 10:56 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Dear KendraFan,

So sorry for my street level reply, making you to resort to calling your mommy "IceCat" to reprimand me. But allow me to make a few points.

1) What makes "ICECAT" (aka your momma) feel I made a sexist remark? Can't a man also wear an apron? I've been known to wear one as I grill a sirloin or two over the bar-bee.

2) It wasn't I who resorted to childish name calling by saying Sergio was a "BUM" and has "No Class" because of his "Classless Trash Talking". How do you know what he said was classless? Were you there?

3) Why such high standards for Sergio and not the Manfredo's, are you Peter's aunt? You didn’t see Sergio's family getting into it with Peter did you? But yet, no condemnation for the classless actions of the Manfredo's corner (Old Has-Been Sr. & Bitchy Wife).

4) Why are you so concern over Sergio's mom financial position and belittling the million dollars (around $650,000 after taxes) they now have? You must be "Player Hating". And don't worry; Sergio will be making plenty more of those "Greenbacks" for the next few years.

5) I don't believe I had straight-out named called anyone, but now I will. You are either retarded or an instigator, which one is it? Either one I feel sorry for you.

If you can't take the s#it of a war don't be lobbing (or calling someone you don’t know classless) any grenades, it just may land back on YOU!

PEACE-OUT for GOOD!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
If you can't abide by our guidelines, then goodbye. And good riddance.

05-26-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
1) I didn't report you. FOR THE SECOND TIME, I'M NOT A WOMAN. My name is Tim. I don't wear aprons and you have yet to disagree with what I wrote about the state of boxing.

2) I never called Sergio a bum. I did say that I didn't feel he was a classy fighter and I would not follow his career. I never name called, but I know what he said lacked class because they had to edit it from primetime television. I don't think he was preaching the gospel. There is a huge difference between trash talking and losing it on national broadcast.

3) Peter's corner is not above reproach. They are on Sergio's level in this as well obviously. (I would never refer to a woman in that way btw).

4) I just brought it up because it's a Mark Burnett fantasy.

5) I was stating my opinion. It looks like it did initiate some conversation: both intelligent conversation and what you wrote also.

I wasn't sure how people felt about this. I wanted to see if anyone else felt like I genuinely felt. Apparently I'm alone. Nevertheless, it's still my opinion.

jenniferlyn 147 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I'm not a moderator, but damn I hope they boot you for good, we don't need people throwing personal insults just because they don't agree. If you can't think of a better way to defend your own beliefs, find another forum!!

05-27-05, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "Leave him alone folks!"
The guidelines clearly state to let the moderators handle this. Just because another poster has been warned does not give anyone the right to jump on and attack. That is a violation too.

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Sexist remarks are not allowed"
Please refer to the board Guidelines for a detailed description of the boards rules.

Thank you.

Water_Walker32 47 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Water_Walker32 Click to send private message to Water_Walker32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Kendrafan

kind off topic, but was that the same Castillo that fought Klitscho and was knocked out? I don't know, but there was something funny about that Wladimir Klitscho vs Castillo fight a few months ago on HBO.

Srxc11 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Srxc11 Click to send private message to Srxc11 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
nope, different castillo, this is jose luis castillo, ranked number 2 in the lightweight division, klitscho is a heavyweight i believe

I saw the corrales v castillo fight, it was the best fight ive ever seen, id love to see a rematch

chick 49 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chick Click to send private message to chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I actually love the trash talking, and especially when he shakes his head when he gets hit and asks for more. I loved watching him....

05-25-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Me too. I would never have believed I would actually enjoy watching a boxing match. But I was mesmerized last night.

Sig pic by JSlice

andielea 17 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail andielea Click to send private message to andielea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I did see Sergio turn his head and say something, but since I am on the west coast, it was bleeped out. I have no idea what he, or Peter's dad said and frankly I don't care. I figure that trash talking is just something that comes with the territory when it comes to boxing. I am sure that if Peter's dad or anyone in the crowd was saying stuff to me I would not be able to keep my head, I would definitely say something back. All throughout the series, Sergio was one that I loved outside the ring, and didn't quite love when he was fighting. He is a little too cocky for my tastes. Just my opinion...

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-25-05, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Sergio is about as classy as a boxer can be. you gotta look at the environment. This is boxing where the players are Don King, Mike Tyson, Larry Holmes, Riddick Bowe, etc. You must be new to boxing.

I say I was routing for Peter but after he lost I was so thankful that such a classy guy as Sergio won. I didn't lose either way.

05-26-05, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stephs47 Click to send private message to stephs47 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
You must be kidding!

Water_Walker32 47 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Water_Walker32 Click to send private message to Water_Walker32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 05:21 PM (EST)

Not to get on one side or the other but sergio is the one that ran and jumped on the ropes in the first or second round. If your son was boxing and his opponent showed such little respect, even to the point of disrespect, wouldn't you get upset and start shouting at him? Sergio did a few things long before the tempers starting flaring in Peters corner. AND actually trash talk is something that most fans would rather do without. That is propaganda and demoralizes boxing. Trash talking for fun in a humorous way isn't that bad like Jesse's and Mora pre-fight meeting. However, jumping on the ropes in the first or second round is the equivalent of Randy Moss pouring water on an official and mooning (pretend) the opponents fans. It's disrespectful and uncalled for. face it.

I'm not saying Mora is evil or a complete jerk. He just needs to cut out the garbage in the ring and during the fights. Like he said, he gets too emotional which means he can't help but taunting.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-25-05, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I have news for everyone. Boxing is about trash talking.

05-25-05, 06:57 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
LOL!

Sig pic by JSlice

Desire 48 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Desire Click to send private message to Desire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05
>AT 05:21 PM (EST)

>
>Not to get on one side
>or the other but sergio
>is the one that ran
>and jumped on the ropes
>in the first or second
>round. If your son was
>boxing and his opponent showed
>such little respect, even to
>the point of disrespect, wouldn't
>you get upset and start
>shouting at him? Sergio did
>a few things long before
>the tempers starting flaring in
>Peters corner. AND actually trash
>talk is something that most
>fans would rather do without.
>That is propaganda and demoralizes
>boxing. Trash talking for fun
>in a humorous way isn't
>that bad like Jesse's and
>Mora pre-fight meeting. However, jumping
>on the ropes in the
>first or second round is
>the equivalent of Randy Moss
>pouring water on an official
>and mooning (pretend) the opponents
>fans. It's disrespectful and uncalled
>for. face it.
>
>I'm not saying Mora is evil
>or a complete jerk. He
>just needs to cut out
>the garbage in the ring
>and during the fights. Like
>he said, he gets too
>emotional which means he can't
>help but taunting.

EH!
Wrong!
It was Peter in the first round that jumped on the ropes to celebrate. The announcer says:
"Peter is on the ropes in his corner celebrating. and he goes on to say: A bit early to be celebrating dont you think. "

Speak what you know before commenting. Dont distort the truth.

Peter was just too cocky. He thought he was going to win. He was up there beating his chest. Who did he think he was? Sergio Mora?

LOL

He did not even win the first round and he was celebrating. What a dork.

05-26-05, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I keep reading all over the boards that people think Sergio and Alfonso were "running away" from their opponents throughout both fights, but I think both were smart enough to keep what happened to Anthony during his fight with Jesse in their heads. Anthony was CLEARLY the winner over Jesse, but because he wanted to knock Jesse out, he left himself open to be KO'd in the last round. Both Sergio and Alfonso were smart enough to realize that could happen to them as well, and kept themselves out of the way since they were way ahead. That just makes them good fighters mentally as well as physically...they were able to learn from someone else's mistakes and not just their own.

And on the subject of whether Sergio was an a$$ for talking trash to Manfredo's corner...what about the punch Manfredo threw WAY after the bell?? Or is Manfredo above reproach just because that's who you were rooting for? I think they both did some stupid stuff, but no one can say that Sergio wasn't the better boxer that night, and that's what counts.

aliemme 12 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aliemme Click to send private message to aliemme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I wonder if any of these people who are so against trash talking and Sergio's so called "lack of respect" have ever played sports at a competitive level? Most sports including football, rugby, soccer, hockey and especially basketball are full of trash talkers. Michael Jordan is known for it and I just read an article about how Kareem Abdul Jabbar was teaching Asian players to use language to intimidate other players. Because trash talking takes place on the field, most spectators don't hear it. Not saying that trash talking is good or bad, but it is definetly a part of most physical sports. It seems that people who don't like Sergio are just using this as an excuse to vilify the guy.

Superbad 98 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Superbad Click to send private message to Superbad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I've played sports at a competetive level and have never found the need for it. Sure, everybody's different but that doesn't make it right. Trash-talking in certain circumstances, and especially in a one-sided contest, shows character deficiencies.
I can understand heat of the battle, yes, but when it's done constantly...

I don't think KendraFan is just referring to last night. This has been a pattern of Sergio's and it had slowly turned me against him. I had nothing against him before and actually thought he was cool. In the ring, however, he shows no class.

It'd be nice if he dropped the antics; he doesn't need them. If he does, I'll pull for him again.

Most likely he won't.

Srxc11 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Srxc11 Click to send private message to Srxc11 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
strange thing about trash talking... the boxer who talked the most trash during fights (espicially against george foreman) was the greatest fighter to ever live...

Muhammad Ali

05-25-05, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fashionkrazy Click to send private message to fashionkrazy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Why would his mother be embarassed from that performance?
Should Peter be embarassed that his Dad AND Wife were trash talking?

Peter was losing the fight and the only way they thought he could get a few punches in is if they distract Sergio by taunting him....it worked. But Sergio's smart and he didn't let that distract him anymore after he was hit hard...if you listen to the commentator's in the next round, someone says, "There's Peter Manfredo Sr yelling at Sergio."

So my whole point is that I'm pretty sure him Mom is not embarassed, if anyone should be embarrassed, it should be Peter and Peter isn't embarassed and he shouldn't be. It's a fight, both sides want to win and that's that.

05-25-05, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Desire Click to send private message to Desire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I know huh. Why should Sergios mom be talked about here? That is low life manfredo fan tactics. Sore losers.

If I was Peter I would be ashamed of my father and my wife for talking all that trash and disrespecting Sergio while he was laying the smack down on Pedah.
You did not see Sergios Mom or anyone in Sergios family act the way the Manfredos acted. Shame on you Manfredo Family You are a disgrace to the sport.
Sergio whiped his behind with the shame of Providence.

The manfredos where yelling at Sergio the entire fight. And you expect sergio to just stand there and take that verbal abuse?
Sergio is so good he can fight and take on the Manfredo corner in a battle of wits all in the same motion. Sergio won the battle of wits in 7 seconds LOL not much there in the manfredo corner)
hahhahhaahhaaa and he beat Peter in 7 rounds Lucky 7. Vegas style

Sergio please do not give Peter a rematch. He does not deserve it. He disrected you and then try and play the innocent victims. When he hit you after the bell that was with bad intentions.

Shame on the Manfredos shame shame shame~!

05-26-05, 09:00 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 09:01 AM (EST)

Come on Desire....get off the soap box. If you watch it again (the fight), you will see that Sergio started the whole thing. But it's over and done...and unfortunately the true Champ didn't win. Oh, but not to fear he will fight Sergio again and Peter won't lose again. Peter's dad was in his corner.....both corner's were yelling at the opponent, but to bring Peter's wife (pregnant may I add) into it.....disrespctful!!! The shame is on Sergio, nothing but a slithering low-life snake. But his day will come, Alfonso's did (Alfonso, if you read this...you are on of my favs, no disrespect meant...just proving a point haha)!!!!

05-26-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
46. "WARNING"
Stop going after other posters. That is unacceptable behavior on these forums.

Agree or disagree with another's opinions, but do not get personal.

dirob 92 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dirob Click to send private message to dirob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
yes, KendraFan it appears that you and Water Walker are all alone in this.

and to add to your loneliness, i have to add 15 kids from the boxing clinic for underprivileged kids that i help out at to disagree with you. they all thought Sergio Mora had class, without any prompting from any of the trainers and coaches when we watched the final fight together. they even called out the Manfredo corner and family for being unfair for yelling at Sergio during the fight. they now have a role model to inspire them to use sports as a means to a better life.

and shame on you to call out Mrs. Mora and joking about her taxed million dollars and probably having to work again. you must have typed that out in a cozy room on your PC at your home with electricity and running water-something my kids don't always have at their homes.

and as you said, if someone with limited knowledge/experience/exposure such as yourself says something about boxing that shows your limited knowledge/experience/exposure then you will be called out by those who do. i apologize for their rabid responses but each and every one of them are correct or make sense. and you unfortunately do not. and while we are on the topic of limited knowledge, you may also have a very limited definition of what a classy boxer may be. that is why you are under attack. not so much by Mora fans, but by the very narrowed and myopic view you used to accuse someone of being without class.

Because if you look at the bigger picture, you would see someone who grew up poor, in a poor and probably tough neighborhood. who had to chest thump and snarl to intimidate others so he would avoid being bullied. someone who had to learn how to fight when intimidation didn't work. someone who didn't resort to gangs, drugs or violence but instead fed his mind. read voraciously. absorbed knowledge like a sponge. and became analytical. and always aspired for a better life. and used sports as an avenue out of his present situtation. and grew up to be a man who realized he didn't say i love you to his mother yet. and quickly rectified the situation. and brought all this to that boxing ring in Las Vegas.

And won.

now, can you think of a classier act than that?

05-26-05, 09:03 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Sergio is nothing but a slithering, low-life snake.......no class. But as I said in a posting earlier, he will get what he has coming to him. Gomez did.

05-26-05, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dirob Click to send private message to dirob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
wow.

you're bringing in Gomez in on this as well?

i truly hope this has nothing to do with anti-latino or mexicano sentiments...

05-26-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Not at all, just saying that he beat peter once, then they fought again and Peter destoyed him. If Sergio wants a re-match then he should first think about what happened to Gomez after he gave Peter a re-match. Alfonso is one of my favs....no dicrimination intended at all!

05-26-05, 12:54 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 12:55 PM (EST)

Sergio is nothing but a slithering, low-life snake

Wow Stephs - I can understand not agreeing with the outcome of a fight. I can even see how someone could feel Sergio did a little too much trash talking. But calling him a low life snake, in light of his entire life story - that seems a mightly unbalanced viewpoint. Are you a friend of the Manfredos? It just sounds like there is something personal involved that is making it hard for you to step back and look at the big picture.

Sig pic by JSlice

05-26-05, 09:38 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I appreciate your well written disagreement to my opinion. Messageboards are for the discussion of ideas and opinions and despite the heated debate of this topic, my opinion remains: when I go back and watch the fight, I don't end up with respect for Sergio.

Manfredo's corner obviously acted in a reprehensible manner as well, and they are clearly not immune from any blame in this matter.

I'm not 'calling out' Mrs. Mora nor am I making fun of her. I think it's wonderful that an underprivileged mother was able to receive a gift from her son. I'm making fun of the pipe dream Mark Burnett editing that tries to get us to swallow the horse pill that she will never have to work again. I would love it if $650K was enough to retire on, but I think it's unrealistic once you buy a home.

Dirob, I think it's awesome that you serve in your community. Were you in Vegas for this fight? Which boxing clinic are you referring to? Did MBP pay for your tickets?

By the way, I was being facetious in earlier posts about my limited knowledge. Which of my boxing takes (besides for Sergio having no class) has anyone disagreed with or proven to be erroneous?

05-26-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
wow how i wish i was in Vegas...or north america for that matter during the fight.

i currently live in Asia where the Final Fight was broadcasted over cable unedited so the kids heard the bleeped out portion coming from the Manfredo corner so i'm sorry if i gave you the impression that we were there. (my bad).

i help out at the Flash Elorde Gym where Manny Pacquiao, the Filipino boxer who recently fought (and lost to) Morales came from. so we have a lot of kids from the provinces come to this clinic because of Pacquiao. we tape the episodes and watch with the kids. we saw the "live" telecast delayed obviously out here in this part of the world and apparently the censors aren't too strict so we pretty much saw a lot of footage.

and i think i read too many posts in this forum and may have mixed you up with other people who wrote some misguided boxing takes. i re-read them and my bad again. i just missed the facetious nature of your post-especially the crack at Mark Burnett. now i think that was pretty funny!

subtlety gets lost in this part of the world too, sorry about that!

Lorizh 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lorizh Click to send private message to Lorizh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I have a question, did Peter's wife really trash talk Sergio? I can see Manfredo Sr. but his wife???? She seems so sweet! I'm shocked, truly I am. How does anyone know for sure and what was it she supposedly said?

Thanks!

PS, I am also another one that thinks Sergio has no class in the ring. I have said from the beginning, yes he won fair and square, and he's probably a great guy, however, I think he has no class in the ring and would love to see him get some. I think athletes are held to a higher standard and are suppose to be role models, they should act it. This goes for all sports, aggressive or not, they should have class through and through and they will be STARS in the children's eyes!

05-26-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
someone else had posted (and i suppose his or her tv comes with a better pair of speakers) that the wife was yelling at Sergio...can't really remember what were the exact words.

but that point is moot. i understand and agree that athletes, just like many people placed in the public's eye must elevate themselves to greater levels from that of normal human beings because they can be made role models.

what the kids saw was more than just the fight itself since they had followed the season since the 1st episode. what they recognized immediately was that Sergio Mora was their mirror image. he grew up poor just like they are now. he grew up in a tough nieghborhood, much like what these kids return home to after practice. he was exposed to gangs and violence and other bad influences. same with these kids.

but he didn't succumb to all that. he used boxing and his brain to better himself. now he's on tv and won the Contender Belt. THAT is the class act that these kids recognized. THAT is what they want to emulate. personalities quirks and ring shenanigans aside, they all see through that. what they saw is someone just like them getting a better life through boxing and education.

i'll use Sergio Mora as a role model anytime if he gets through to kids like that.

05-26-05, 04:49 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
dirob

dirob. I love how you put things into perspective. Everything you say is so right on the money. Growing up and comming from a broken home, poverty stricken and Latino living in East Los Angeles only spells Gang affiliations, drugs, criminal activity, tattoos ect.

The kid has beat the odds so far.

Nice post dirob keep it up.

05-26-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Because if you look at the bigger picture, you would see someone who grew up poor, in a poor and probably tough neighborhood. who had to chest thump and snarl to intimidate others so he would avoid being bullied. someone who had to learn how to fight when intimidation didn't work. someone who didn't resort to gangs, drugs or violence but instead fed his mind. read voraciously. absorbed knowledge like a sponge. and became analytical. and always aspired for a better life. and used sports as an avenue out of his present situtation. and grew up to be a man who realized he didn't say i love you to his mother yet. and quickly rectified the situation. and brought all this to that boxing ring in Las Vegas.

And won.
now, can you think of a classier act than that?

Beautifully said. I hope all of the kids you are helping out, can find their way to a better life as well.

Sig pic by JSlice

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I agree. I really liked Sergio when I first met him as an intelligent, unassuming young man who just wanted to improve his families lot in life.

What I ended up seeing was a showboater who would rather raise the Mexican flag than his own. His attitude and disrespect for his opponents really turned me off. I'll admit that I went into the fight rooting for Peter, but in future bouts I'll be rooting AGAINST Sergio.

A little bit of Alfonso's humbleness would suit him just fine.

05-26-05, 06:02 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 06:16 PM (EST)

What I ended up seeing was a showboater who would rather 
raise the Mexican flag than his own. His attitude
and disrespect for his opponents really turned me off.
I'll admit that I went into the fight rooting for
Peter, but in future bouts I'll be rooting AGAINST Sergio.

Show boating in sports is great.

So what was that then after the first round of Peter/Sergio fight?
Manfredo ran to his corner and jumped on the turnbuckle to celebrate. Show boating! Funny thing is he lost that round.

And in the last round about 15 seconds left. Peter raises his hands show boating like saying he won?
LOL that was funny cus Peter got beat down some more for doing that and almost got knocked out.

You have to know when to showboat. (Peter needs to take lessons on show boating.) Sergio should open a workshop.

THE FLAG?
Was it not Peter ManFredo Jr. The Pride of Pro vi Dance the one that came into the loft and hung that HUGE Italian flag over his bed? *cough*
Is this not the same Peter Manfredo that wears a mini skirt in the ring with the American Flag on his butt and the Italian flag on his grion?

Wearing the American flag on your butt is a total disrespect to me!

And that mini skirt he wears? Is that not a show boating skirt?

Are you telling us that it is ok for Italain Americans to be proud of their flags and not Mexican Americans? Come on now! Sounds kind of predjudice.

Alfonso tried to get me to respect Peter and I did until after the fight and I saw how dirty of a fighter he is and how nasty his family is.

Now I even heard that the would be Pride of Provi dance almost got into a fight with Miguel Espino. (In Vegas) The would be pride of Provi dance disrespected Miguel and talked about his mother. (and she is blind)

How can I respect the Manfredos or peter? They are fake and two faced.

The manfredos get no love from me.

We should call them the Fredos. Remember Fredo of the God father? lol that is them hehehe the Fredos!

I left out one important observation. What color is Peter Manfredo Jr's Robe?

Hint!
I aint red white and blue.
Answere:
It's the color of the Italian Flag.
Green White Red.

Let us be fair when making observations.

In closing. It looks like the Manfredos arent all that innocent after all eh?

Who has no class? I would say that Sergio has more class on his big nose than the entire Manfredo can mustard up as a team.

decoy1 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail decoy1 Click to send private message to decoy1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
mustard up...lol. I think you mean 'muster up'

05-26-05, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Great thing about America. You can make me like anyone I don't wanna. I used to like Sergio - HE changed my mind about him.

I think Sergio is a thug who would rather live in Mexico. I welcome him to it.

But Manfredo did have BOTH flags - being proud of your heritage is fine. Hating the homeland that gave you your fortune is something else entirely.

05-27-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
63. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
>I think Sergio is a thug
>who would rather live in
>Mexico. I welcome him
>to it.
>

>But Manfredo did have
>BOTH flags - being proud
>of your heritage is fine.
> Hating the homeland that
>gave you your fortune is
>something else entirely.

I agree. Sergio is a ruthless thug in the ring. I like that about the vato.

I never heard Sergio say he hated America. Where are you getting your information? Your comments are very racial in nature and offensive. You are stooping kind low here don't you think?
You have no real argument. You were so busy pointing the finger at Sergio but you failed to realize 3 fingers were pointing right back at you.

Your racial remarks remind me of what tarnishes this country.

Too bad you hate Mexicans.
Right now Mexicans play a huge role in the U.S economy.
Just as the Italians did since the begining of the 1880’s.
And they too came here to seek a better life. They did not come to America to be patriotic, they came to America to escape from poverty at home. Not to pledge their allegiance to the flag.

You want to talk about thugs? What was Al Capone? A saint? Mother Theresa?

Nope!

He was the most notorious gangster we know to this day.

So please make your arguments with some foundation.

Dont just go making racial slurs or comments just to get people mad or removed from the forum. (that is button pushing and you know it)

Think about it. You have been here on the forums for a long time and I am sure you have friends that are admins/mods and maybe they might you let you get away with these racial slurs and observations but dont abuse it. (It shows them you dont respect them either)

Thanks.

05-27-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
65. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
If you saw anything racist in my comments than I apologize, I never said ANYTHING dengrating about you or about Mexicans - although your kind of personal comments are the type that will get you banned, personal comments are a super big no-no. However, there is a big difference between having pride in your heritage (Manfredo) and being singularly pro-Mexico while living in America. I felt that there was a huge divide of degree in the amount of Italian vs. Mexican pride and Sergio went way over the line for me. I NEVER felt that Manfredo stepped over that line and pushed his heritage to the detriment of his home country.

Sorry, but you can't tell me not to be offended - and you can't tell me Sergio is a good guy, when he very clearly did not illustrate that in the ring IMHO.

Outside the ring, he seems to be a good guy but your TRUE character is revealed under duress. Sure, he fought a great fight, but that doesn't make him any less of a thug than Tyson.

05-27-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
66. "Stop it, you two"
PRE, you've been around long enough to know better than to make the comment than you did.

Desire, the next time you find something offensive in another poster's remarks, please follow our guidelines and alert the moderators. That's how you get moderators to respond - not by calling out the other poster on a thread. And prior post count is irrelevant around here when it comes to violations, because we have banned posters with more than 10,000 posts. If you think the mods are letting posters get away with something, chances are the moderators haven't been alerted that there's something to be addressed.

Now this conversation is over. Both of you move along to other topics.

05-27-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
>If you saw anything racist in
>my comments than I apologize,
>I never said ANYTHING dengrating
>about you or about Mexicans
>- although your kind of
>personal comments are the type
>that will get you banned,
>personal comments are a super
>big no-no. However, there
>is a big difference between
>having pride in your heritage
>(Manfredo) and being singularly pro-Mexico
>while living in America.
>I felt that there was
>a huge divide of degree
>in the amount of Italian
>vs. Mexican pride and Sergio
>went way over the line
>for me. I NEVER
>felt that Manfredo stepped over
>that line and pushed his
>heritage to the detriment of
>his home country.
>
>Sorry, but you can't tell me
>not to be offended -
>and you can't tell me
>Sergio is a good guy,
>when he very clearly did
>not illustrate that in the
>ring IMHO.
>
>Outside the ring, he
>seems to be a good
>guy but your TRUE character
>is revealed under duress.
>Sure, he fought a great
>fight, but that doesn't make
>him any less of a
>thug than Tyson.

>
>
>
>
Now dont try and change this around. You began with the comments of Sergio and he should go back to Mexico. You did not say it those words but I got your point.

>Sergio who would rather live in
>Mexico. I welcome him
>to it.
> The above was the comment you made and I question it.

Where does Sergio say he wants to live in mexico?

Where does Sergio say he hates America? Where do you see him being pro mexican? I do not see it? Can you explain it to me?
I guess I am too stupid to see it or understand it.

And about him being a thug in the ring. well it is a fight. What would you have sergio do? Lay down and say things like you first, or sorry did I hit you too hard or after you my friend hit me first?

The dirty fighter is Peter. He sucker punched Sergio many times. Why do people not mention this? And Peter can head butt and sucker punch and grab and that is ok? (You call that fair?)
Sergio only responded to the Manfredos cus they were talking trash to him from round one.
(those were dirty Manfredo tactics) They brought that on themselves. And they all-most cost sergio his fight. Good thing Peter is not a powerfull puncher like everyone thought he was. He is no champion and never will be.
Had they let the two boxers fight with out yelling obscenities to sergio this would of never happend. They began insulting Sergio from round one. and everyone on the forum is twisting it around only because Sergio was a better boxer and won.

Pity.

I will not be part of a racialy filled forum.

Out.

You think any fighter would drop his guard to go argue with another man in the corner (1 million dollars was on the line) if they were not saying foul rotten things to him?

People will know the truth and see the Manfredos for who they are.

It should be the Manfredos saying they are sorry. Not the other way around. Sergio said he was sorry even though he was not the aggresor.

Peter Manfredo Sr does not even have the decency to call Sergio by his name in old interviews. He called him the other guy.

Manfredo seen his dream, the dream he is trying to live thru his son slip away.

I read an interview where the old bat said I don't know what happend. LOL if he dont know what happend he better call somebody.
What happend was that the cheating Manfredo empire was crushed by Mora.

Lets be honest they tried everything in the book to get Manfredo to be the champ. All the plans backfired.

05-27-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
68. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
FTR, I've never been a fan of Manfredo's dad. I can certainly see that he isn't a paragon either. But Peter conducted himself like a true sportsman in the ring (the punch after the bell was an accident) and accorded his opponents respect - when he won or when he lost.

I do see that his dad is trying to live through him though.

05-27-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
69. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
who would rather raise the Mexican flag than his own. His attitude and disrespect for his opponents really turned me off.

As to his use of the Mexican flag, I just viewed that as him being proud of his heritage. I'm proud of my Irish ancestry, and it's alot further away than Sergio's ties to Mexico.

It's funny how two people can watch a show and come away with completely different viewpoints on a person. To me, Sergio seems to apply analysis to boxing, and he analyzes his opponent's strengths and weaknesses, and then tries to use that to his best advantage.

As to showing respect or disrespect: It just goes to show that every one sees the same event through a different lens. I saw Manfredo come out pretty cocky at first, and even jump on the ropes after the first round. I saw Sergio jump on the ropes after the second or third round. I saw Manfredo sucker punch Sergio after the bell went off ending a round. Don't tell me a seasoned boxer like Manfredo did that by accident. He got caught up in the moment and swung when he knew he shouldn't have.

I heard Manfredo Sr. and Peter's wife screaming and hollering. Some in support of "Peda", and other times in opposition to Sergio. I agree Sergio should have tuned it out, but for a moment he responded to the negativity with negativity. However, he also very graciously apologized for that immediately following the fight.

My take on Peter Manfredo is that both in his first fight against Alfonso and his fight with Sergio, he bought into the prevailing hype that he was the strongest fighter and most likely to win. While true, he may have underestimated both opponents. I think Peter's a nice guy. Maybe not the smartest kid on the block, but he has an innocence about him.

Sig pic by JSlice

05-27-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail intocable Click to send private message to intocable Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
>I agree. I really liked
>Sergio when I first met
>him as an intelligent, unassuming
>young man who just wanted
>to improve his families lot
>in life.
>
>What I ended up seeing was
>a showboater who would rather
>raise the Mexican flag than
>his own. His attitude
>and disrespect for his opponents
>really turned me off.
>I'll admit that I went
>into the fight rooting for
>Peter, but in future bouts
>I'll be rooting AGAINST Sergio.
>
>
>
>A little bit of
>Alfonso's humbleness would suit him
>just fine.

>
>
>

Don't be so ignorant!! there is nothing wrong with raising the mexican flag and representing your heratige!! you sound racist!
Hate him all you want, he can be cocky if he wants he is a millionaire and the champ!

05-27-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
73. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
There nothing racist about being proud to be an American, and resenting people who take it for granted.

05-27-05, 06:01 PM (EST)
74. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
PRE - you are assuming that Sergio takes being an American for granted, based solely on the fact that he displayed the Mexican flag. That seems a big leap.

Using the same sort of leap of logic, one could also say that Manfredo does not respect the American flag, as he turned it into a kilt, and so therefore he too takes being an American for granted.

Neither scenario computes. And who really cares, when what we are talking about is a boxing match. I didn't know that a blatant display of patriotism was required by boxers.

Sig pic by JSlice

05-26-05, 09:41 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I think Sergio was only responding to what we may not have seen/heard the Manfredo corner saying. Remember Sly and Sugar said that their corner was screaming, and that was before Sergio said anything in their direction. I'd have to say that Anthony's the one who showed very little class, especially after seeing what he did to Ishe during their fight, and I don't even LIKE Ishe!! Sergio also showed what kind of man he is by apologizing to the Manfredos afterwards, saying "that was just the snake, not Sergio Mora", so I think that in itself shows how much class he really DOES have. Besides, it's boxing, and it's not like he tried to chew the guy's ear off, or lift him over his head like it was WWE. Besides, words don't hurt as much as that after the bell punch of Peter's.

tre924 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tre924 Click to send private message to tre924 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Sergio showed no class in the fight. Yea he won the fight, but if he had done that against someone with more power, he could have gotten knocked out. No need to start talking sh*t to the Manfredo corner. Hopefully there is a rematch and Manfredo can represent Providence a little better. Otherwise he might have to call his mafia friends from Federal Hill. (An all Italian main street in Providence)

Anyways, Mora better not pull that crap against some of the more well known fighters if he makes it that far.

SLW3 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 03:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SLW3 Click to send private message to SLW3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
Its called strategy people. What don't you get? He does all the chest pumping and stare downs, ect to get himself pumped up.

I am sure its not easy to just walk up to someone and try to punch the crap out of them. Must be that much harder when its someone you actually are aquainted with, maybe even friends with.

Sergio is obviously well read and uses his knowledge to get into his opponents heads. I actually think it makes him kinda sexy.

JMO though. Good fighter and great mind. You can't beat that.

05-27-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
64. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
I love how everyone thinks Sergio is SO cocky. He is not cocky, he is smart and confident.

It's so funny how everyone gets so angry about his chest pumping and stare downs. He does it to pump himself up and piss his opponent off! Remember the fight against Ishe?

SLW3: You say it the best. I love Sergio.

05-27-05, 03:10 PM (EST)
70. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
it makes him kinda sexy

It makes him yummalicious, if I can be allowed to say so!

Sig pic by JSlice

05-27-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
shut up man.. Just take the loss!! you must be a Peter fan.. All fighters talk smack!! look at the best of all time Muhamid Ali and what about Roy Jones!! They all talk smack in the ring,It's just that some do it beter than others..

Peter doesn't deserve a rematch after that performance, like I said before if anyone deserves a shot it's Gomez, he is the only one that has only one loss..

You think Mora cares about the Italian Mafia.. There's far tougher REAL MEXICAN mafia's in East LA holmes!!

05-27-05, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail decoy1 Click to send private message to decoy1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
god that was stupid

05-27-05, 07:15 PM (EST)
76. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
WHO ASKED YOUR A$$!!

05-27-05, 07:28 PM (EST)
77. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
LAST EDITED ON 05-27-05 AT 07:57 PM (EST)

The contender fight means nothing. Mora isn't going to ever get close to middleweight champion. Bernard Hopkins would drop him like a rock.

BTW... the mexican mafia are a bunch of two legged insects. Can't really blame em, what the hell else are they going to strive to be?

05-27-05, 07:33 PM (EST)
78. "RE: Sergio has NO class"
One question regarding the comparisons to Ali: is there a difference between losing your cool in the ring and what Mohammed Ali did?

Ali did trash-talk. He arguably did this better than any athlete ever has/will. IMHO, it was totally different from what Sergio Mora did. Sergio lost his cool in the ring. It wasn't strategy to yell at the Manfredo corner.

Ali gloated. He knew he was the best and everybody knew that he knew. But I'll bet you a lot of people would have thought that he was arrogant punk when he was first coming up and talking that trash. Once the world knew how great he was, the trash talking became more tolerable.

That being said, would Sergio's trash talking be more acceptable if he had proven himself a champion? I still don't believe so because Ali's banter was witty and not a result of lost tempers.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •