The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SERGIO MORA--- PRETENDER!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

McCloskey22 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-31-05, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail McCloskey22 Click to send private message to McCloskey22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SERGIO MORA--- PRETENDER!!"
ALRIGHT we all loved sergio on the show for the most part he was great..but i do have a problem with him being the winner. I just think he is a fluke. He is the perfect boxer for the contender because it involves short fights in a small ring. Sergio has never had more than an 8 round fight. How is Sergio (who is ranked 8th in the world) suppose to handle a 15/10 round fight with the likes of solimon wright hopkins or vargas. the show was meant to make the next contender for the title, and peter was the guy. Peter would have won if it were a 15 rounder or even a 10 rounder. another round or two and sergios eye would have been too damaged. Sergio cannot be himself if the fight isnt really shrot liek the contender fights. Anyway i loved joey jesse peter ishe and i think joey is maybe the most talented out of them all..he most likely would have beat manfredo if it were not for the headbutt, and jesse said it himself... this kid could knock any of us out he is the most athletic and the strongest of us. What do you guys think about Sergio?, and who do you think of the contenders except for sergio has the best shot of becoming a star, top 10 maybe top 5 in the world and fight for millions of dollars.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SERGIO MORA--- PRETENDER!! Water_Walker32 05-31-05 1
   RE: SERGIO MORA--- PRETENDER!! AgentNermal 05-31-05 2
 RE: SERGIO MORA--- PRETENDER!! renoguy 05-31-05 3
 RE: SERGIO MORA--- CONTENDER!! HiM8ence 06-01-05 4
 RE: SERGIO MORA--- PRETENDER!! PagongRatEater 06-01-05 5
 RE: SERGIO MORA--- PRETENDER!! the_latin_snake_fan 06-01-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Water_Walker32 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-31-05, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Water_Walker32 Click to send private message to Water_Walker32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SERGIO MORA--- PRETENDER!!"
Sergio is certainly no fluke. I was pulling for Peter in that fight but reality is reality. Peter's campaign failed miserably. Peter was completely out of fuel in the 4th round. Now I've seen Peter muster up a second wind before so who really knows.

Sergio has a lot going for him. Reach, speed...height, you name it, he has it. And up until his fight with Peter, I thought he lacked power in his punches.

Peter has a lot going for him also, and he is no fluke. What I didn't see in his fight against Sergio was the fire he had in his fight against Alfonzo.

The point is really that you can put these contenders in the ring to fight one another and you might get a different outcome each time.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AgentNermal 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-31-05, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AgentNermal Click to send private message to AgentNermal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SERGIO MORA--- PRETENDER!!"
I have to agree that Sergio Mora proved to be the better fighter..that night...but i honestly feel that he cannot beat alfonso gomez. I also think ahmed deserves more credit than he has been receiving. He lost to two of the best fighters in the competition. Once he learns how to control his emotions, he will be a much better fighter.

"The champion is back, baby!"

renoguy 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-31-05, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail renoguy Click to send private message to renoguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SERGIO MORA--- PRETENDER!!"
Don't know if you saw the same Sergio/Peter fight I saw, but Peter was not only out of gas in the 4th, but needed help to walk out of the ring after the 7th. Sergio was still punching fast and looked fresh. In the post fight interview he said he could of kept fighting much longer. No way in the world Peter would of won in a 10 rounder. In fact, he might of gotten knocked out. I was surprised to hear Ishe say Sergio is just a 5 round fighter. Didn't Ishe watch the final too?

So far as Joey goes, he's kind of a mystery. Going into Contender, he only had 8 pro fights, but he had the best knock out ratio of anyone winning I think 7 of them by KO or TKO. They were all no-name fighters, but you still have to have good punching power to do that. He seems to have a good chin too, and is a pretty active fighter. But I saw no defense in him. He took way too many shots. You could see why he was a 3 time NCAA champion and Golden Gloves champ because he knows how to fight as an amatuer; flurries of punches to impress the judges. Time will tell how he does as a pro...

HiM8ence 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-05, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HiM8ence Click to send private message to HiM8ence Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SERGIO MORA--- CONTENDER!!"
I agree that winning a 7 round fight on the contender does not bring you up to par with solimon, wright, hopkins, or vargas...BUT, I completely disagree with you about peter. Peter can do his thing far beyond 7 rounds no doubt, but on the contender finale, he couldnt handle more than 15sec after the 7th round...He was DONE SON! Sergio dominated that match; as much as peter tried to hold his arms down and push him against the ropes, sergio would keep finding peters openings and close the gap. What part of peters actions made u believe that he could go longer, was it the fact that he kept resting his head on Sergios shoulders, his inability to respond to sergios hits, the way his head jus bobbled around (he had no strength to keep it up), the weaknes in his punches, or the fact that he had to be carried to his corner by 2 refs after the 7th round. The announcer even says "Peter's got Nothing left" in the last minute of the 7th round. Even Sugar Ray said "Sergios landed more devasting punches than Peter in this fight". If you get the chance to watch the fight again pay close attention: at 55 sec remaining sergio leaves himself open and peter makes about 5 weak-a$$ swings and doesnt land one of them, and even if he did there would be no damage from them. At 46 secs Sergio landed a few combos on Peter and he responded by pushing Sergio to the corner and digging his head into Sergios right shoulder (LOOK AT HIS FACE AND BODY LANGUAGE-his whole body is LEANING on sergio, his moth wide open gasping for air) untill the ref has to come and pull Peter off. And again with 21 sec remaining in the fight Peters punches are sooo weak, he pretty much just tapped sergio and then charges him with his head again, and thats when sergio comes back with some CRAZy a$$ combos, licks his bloody glove and continues knocking peter around with some devastating punches. 15 secs more and I bet we would have all seen a knockout...Lets stop making excuses for Peter; whats done is done,(what-ifs are nonexistant) and the truth will set you free my friend..........It was written

Oh, and to answer your question...Ishe Smith will def go far. No matter what ppl think about his personality he IS a Damn good boxer, a TRUE boxer and his talent will take him far in his career.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-01-05, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SERGIO MORA--- PRETENDER!!"
Here's an idea if, fingers crossed, there's a second season - in the finale, fight the whole fight. There was no reason to condense that fight into the last half hour of a two hour show to make room for cartloads of filler. Give us the whole 12 or 15 rounds and settle the thing. I'll bet you that it would not have gone to the judges if they let the guys finish.

Then again, they probably would have fought totally differently if they knew that they had to go the distance rather than being able to go full bore for 5-7 rounds. Might even make for more compelling television to have the shorter, more intense, fights.

the_latin_snake_fan 6 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-05, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail the_latin_snake_fan Click to send private message to the_latin_snake_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SERGIO MORA--- PRETENDER!!"
15 rounds? What happend here? Did I just get pushed back to 1980?
Wait that can't be there was no public Internet back then.
So what are we talking about?
lol
Peter was going down in the 7th. (10 more seconds and rock a my baby)
Joe Cortez had to hail a cab for Peter to get a lift to his corner.
Sergio Mora on the other hand ran to his corner and onto the turnbuckels.

Peter in the last round was hitting in slow motion and there was no power behind his punches. NONE!
I thought Mark B had some how edited the Live fight and added the slow motion effect to the fight when ever we watched Peter swing. LOL

And don't know what to say about Joey.
Jesse say's the kid has not heart.
Called him the cowardly lion.
Joey doesn't believe in himself and he was influenced and intimidated by over rated fighters.
I think he did great considering his record.
Jesse has tremendous talent to be a comedian. LOL

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •