The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Champion of The Contender!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

thecontender2 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-25-05, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender2 Click to send private message to thecontender2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Champion of The Contender!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 11:52 AM (EST)

Congratulations to the man they call 'The Latin Snake'
Sergio Mora!

Undefeated Sergio Mora out boxes Peter 'The Wrap up king' Manfredo.

Sergio dominated the entire fight. (Even on the ropes) No matter what Peter tried. Peter would would just come up short.

What a great fight. I have watched it like 6 times and the more I watch it. The more I enjoy it. Everytime I watch it again I see something new.

Manfredos corner told Peter to wrap Sergio up and work the body. That did not work cus sergios arms are so long, there were no body shots. Peter wasted himself pushing and wrapping (holding)

Peter tried some desperate tactics (Like sucker punching way after the bell rang)
Peter tried to use that head as a weapon. His family tried insulting Mora which made Mora even more dangerous.

Mora made Peter look like an amatuer.

Nothing Peter did seemed to work.

The man that never had to hang his gloves on the graveyard wall was in mine eyes already the champion before the fight.

I did not see a clear Sergio Mora thread here. I wonder why?

Let's here it for the Champion of the Contender.

Congratulations Snake!

The final round was explosive and funny watching Manfredo trying to punch with nothing left.

When the bell rang. Sergio ran to the corner jumped up on the ropes and celebrated.

Peter on the other hand was helped by Joe Cortez to his corner.

Sugar Ray and Alfonso kept saying wow Peter is hurt.

It is clear that Sergio put the hurting on Peter.

Any doubts? Watch the fight again.

Sergio rocked Peter's little would be come back.

And this, you now know!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Champion of The Contender! thecontender2 05-25-05 1
   RE: The Champion of The Contender! Water_Walker32 05-25-05 2
       RE: The Champion of The Contender! thecontender2 05-25-05 3
           RE: The Champion of The Contender! Water_Walker32 05-25-05 4
               RE: The Champion of The Contender! thecontender2 05-25-05 5
                   RE: The Champion of The Contender! Water_Walker32 05-25-05 6
                       RE: The Champion of The Contender! Lorizh 05-25-05 7
                           RE: The Champion of The Contender! Desire 05-25-05 8
                               RE: The Champion of The Contender! fashionkrazy 05-25-05 10
                               RE: The Champion of The Contender! Lorizh 05-25-05 11
                                   RE: The Champion of The Contender! Desire 05-25-05 12
                                       RE: The Champion of The Contender! Lorizh 05-25-05 13
                                           RE: The Champion of The Contender! dirob 05-26-05 18
                                               RE: The Champion of The Contender! stephs47 05-26-05 19
                                                   RE: The Champion of The Contender! dirob 05-26-05 21
                                                   Stop bashing posters Bebo 05-26-05 23
                                                       RE: Stop bashing posters dirob 05-26-05 24
                                                           RE: Stop bashing posters stephs47 05-26-05 25
                                                               RE: Stop bashing posters dirob 05-26-05 26
                                                               RE: Stop bashing posters Desire 05-28-05 31
                                       No bashing other posters Bebo 05-26-05 16
               RE: The Champion of The Contender! jenniferlyn 05-26-05 15
           RE: The Champion of The Contender! fashionkrazy 05-25-05 9
               RE: The Champion of The Contender! Digital Christ 05-26-05 14
 RE: The Champion of The Contender! dirob 05-26-05 17
   RE: The Champion of The Contender! Lorizh 05-26-05 20
       RE: The Champion of The Contender! dirob 05-26-05 22
   RE: The Champion of The Contender! Desire 05-26-05 27
       RE: The Champion of The Contender! Water_Walker32 05-26-05 28
       RE: The Champion of The Contender! stephs47 05-26-05 29
           RE: The Champion of The Contender! Desire 05-27-05 30
 MORA VS. GRIFFIN!!!!!! next_gr8 05-29-05 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-25-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender2 Click to send private message to thecontender2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"

Who let the Snake out?
Who!? Who!? Who!? Who!? Who!?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Water_Walker32 47 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Water_Walker32 Click to send private message to Water_Walker32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
booooooooo booooooo

He's a good fighter no doubt but I'm not into worshiping a boxer like that.

I think if Jesse were to box Sergio for 10 rounds we would have seen a different outcome same with Ishe, Ishe probably would have taken him to if it were longer.

Hats off to Sergio, excellent defeat against Peter. But you know what? I think Peter has more than a million dollars with that beautiful daughter and wife. He is very blessed.

You however, need to get a few more hobbies.

05-25-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
3. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 03:08 PM (EST)

>booooooooo booooooo
>
>He's the best fighter no doubt
>but I'm not into worshiping
>a boxer like that.
>
>I would rather worship a losing cheater.
>
>I think if Jesse were to
>box Sergio for 100 rounds
>we would have seen a
>different outcome same with Ishe,
>Ishe probably would have should have taken (I just should have all over myself)
>him to if it were
>longer. like 600 rounds
>
>Hats off to Sergio, excellent defeat
>against Peter. But you know
>what? I think Peter has
>more than a 10 dollars
>with that beautiful daughter and ugly
>wife. He is very messed.
>
>
>You however, need to get a
>few more hobbies.

Jesse the One Hit Wonder Aka The Hail Mary Queen?
He had his chance. Sergio would beat Jesse regardless of how many rounds they fight.

Ishe has grown. But so has Sergio.
I still think that Mora is too smart for Ishe. People still don't get the fact that this kid Sergio Mora is just awesome. The only thing this kid lacks is a knock out punch. Sergio is to boxing what Shaq is to Basketball. (No good free throwing) If Sergio had a powerfull punch he would be the total package. Thank your lucky stars. What Sergio lacks in power he wins back with speed and head smart fighting. he is so aware of his surrounding in the ring that he can even hear what that potty mouth Manfredo Sr. and that piece of burnt toast you call a woman are saying to him.
None the less Sergio still came sooooo darn close to knocking out Peeter Manfredo. 10 more seconds and peter would of been on the canvas.

As far as hobbies? What ever do you mean? Are you reffering to my art? LOL it is a nice hobby that comes natural. Can you do any better? I bet you cant. I dont even consider that art. I make things fast. I cant help it if I am good. Maybe too complicated for you but for me its cake.

05-25-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Water_Walker32 Click to send private message to Water_Walker32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-27-05 AT 12:19 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

Hmm, if that is the case, why did Alfonzo and Sergio run away in the last few seconds? Alfonzo raised his hands early in victory and Jesse whipped that smile off his face with a single blow. Same with Sergio, run run.

And no I wasn't referring to your photo collage there. I too am an artist and wouldn't put down anyones art.

I also do traditional art.

The hobby I was referring to was the Sergio Propaganda one.

05-25-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 04:57 PM (EST)

Hey I would run from Jesse to in the final round That was his M.O catching you in the last round. 17 KO's is nothing to sneeze at.
I agree Fonso should of celebrated sooner and then began to run.
Same thing happend to Manfredo.
I am so glad that Sergio doesnt do that in the ring. I wonder why? It would only seem fit for his style of boxing (His arrogance as some of you put it)

Art work done with Z brush? or Corel ?

?
And what is wrong with posting art of Mora in a Mora thread I made for him?

I am sure you post the colts art in some sport forum last year or are getting ready for this new season of the NFL. Chargers are going to smoke The Colts. I have not seen the sched. Go Chargers!

05-25-05, 05:00 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 05:03 PM (EST)

Ahh Zbrush, I have that but that does 3d models like sculpting clay.

The lower image was done in Painter 8 completely freehand.

Zbrush is a neat software, I always run into polygon count size problems. I guess I haven't learned to optimize yet. Last Zbrush scultping I did was 1,250,000 polys and my computer started to slow down.

Actually there is nothing wrong with Mora propaganda... it is completely allowed. Just like giving you a hard time for doing so is too

Lorizh 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-25-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lorizh Click to send private message to Lorizh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
I think Sergio did win the fight but it was barely, it was no way a knockout or even a TKO and if he was so good and Peter was so bad, then we would have seen it. Sergio won in the 7th round, that was the winning round. Go back watch it and listen to the commentary, you will here them saying how they all thought it was close, and maybe Sergio had an edge. Sergio's tatics in the ring are what turn me off to him, I'm sure he's a great guy, but I root for him to lose every fight because if his nastyness. I think that if Sergio didn't run so fast he would get his a$$ kicked EVERYTIME he steps in that ring. He runs from his opponents so fast, it's rather humerous to see that type of sprinting in a boxing ring.

Well, he did win the fight, but in no way was it a clean sweep.

Desire 48 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Desire Click to send private message to Desire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
I cant believe how many people hate Sergio for being so quick. They wish they were so quick. He is all over the ring. Did you hear how Sugar comments the fight and how he says over and over again how great a fighter Sergio is? How he punches from all angles how unorthodoxed he is. Sugar Ray was only seeing himself in Sergio.

Did you also hear sly asking Ray if he thought Peter was tired of grabing and hold Sergio?

Had Peter took him on toe to toe Sergio would of knocked out the false pride of Providence. He was just trying to save face in an uneven fight where Peter could not match Sergio in hand speed.
Peter is a chicken. And I thought he had heart. He was scared of Moras Hand speed. What a loser.

fashionkrazy 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fashionkrazy Click to send private message to fashionkrazy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
Desire: I agree with you. I don't know why people hate Sergio so much. He's known for being quick and somehow they HAVE TO use it against him.

Even though Peter has a heavy hand, he didn't land many on Sergio while Sergio combo'd him so many times AND people still like to argue that Peter won only because Sergio was tied to the ropes. So it seems like Peter won because Sergio was backed up BUT Sergio still boxed him.....If Sergio wasn't held by Peter so much, it would've been a different fight and I think Peter would've been KO'd by the Latin Snake for sure.

05-25-05, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lorizh Click to send private message to Lorizh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
>I cant believe how many people
>hate Sergio for being so
>quick. They wish they were
>so quick. He is all
>over the ring. Did you
>hear how Sugar comments the
>fight and how he says
>over and over again how
>great a fighter Sergio is?
>How he punches from all
>angles how unorthodoxed he is.
>Sugar Ray was only seeing
>himself in Sergio.
>
>Did you also hear sly asking
>Ray if he thought Peter
>was tired of grabing and
>hold Sergio?
>
>Had Peter took him on toe
>to toe Sergio would of
>knocked out the false pride
>of Providence. He was just
>trying to save face in
>an uneven fight where Peter
>could not match Sergio in
>hand speed.
>Peter is a chicken. And I
>thought he had heart. He
>was scared of Moras Hand
>speed. What a loser.

First Peter is not a loser and he certainly is NOT scared of Moras, that's ridiculous!

Second, I do not HATE Sergio especially because he sprints away from his opponents (anyone can have that type of speed, it's not boxing it's track and field), I dislike him because he has a nasty low class attitude in the ring, that's all. I think he's a nice guy outside the ring, but I rooted for him to lose every fight when I first saw him running (not moving out of the way, but hit the ground RUNNING) from his opponent, I thought it was ridiculous. Now with that said, I am not a fan of boxing and I don't believe that real boxing fans would even be interested in the show, it was for entertainment value from the producers of Survivor. Second, I like Peter from the beginning because he always had class and NEVER trashed talked anyone in the ring or out. Sergio kept under the radar for a while and disappointed me when I saw him in the ring not only sneering at his oppoinent but running, I've never seen that before, but I don't watch boxing that much, just never saw anyone run. With that said, I agree he won the fight fair and square, Peter did disappoint me, he should have remained focused and stuck to his original plan.

05-25-05, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Desire Click to send private message to Desire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 11:06 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 11:03 PM (EST)

Peter is a loser! He lost twice on the Contender.

If he was not scared of Sergios hand speed then why didnt Peter fight him toe to toe then? Why did Peter and daddy choose to push Sergio on the ropes and try and keep him there at bay? Cus Sergio would of made Peter look stupid and Peter could not keep up with that amazing speed. Sergio has fast feet, fast hands he is just to fast for Peter.
So now you just want nothing but slow fighters? Go watch the heavy weights then.

By the way Sergio is not sprinting. He is just so fast you think he is running. He is just walking in and backing out but real fast
He was nasty cus the old man Manfredo Sr. was running his trap. I wish they would of gave him a canoli to shut him up.
The only reason you never got to see Peter talk trash on the show was because The Mighty Gomez beat his azz and served him a huge piece of humble pie. Peter came back with his tail in between his legs. Him and his daddy are always trash talking the ring. You did not see that cus you dont know the Manfredos or seen of his old fights.
But you got a taste of what the manfredos are like on the final fight didnt you? Sore losers!

Sergio snarring in the ring. He cant snare? lol ok we deduct 2 points for snaring lol

You never saw anyone run?
"He who runs lives to fight another day" Just cus he aint stupid for letting himself get hit. He did not run from Peter. He let Peter grab him and tie him and pretend to let Peter fight his fight. All the while Sergio was just landing combos.

Peter Manfredo is the Chicken of Providence.

I want a Chicken Pizza. I bet peter makes a great one

05-25-05, 11:31 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
Calling me a sore loser is way off the mark! I didn't like Sergio from the first time I saw him fight Najie (sorry don't know how to spell his name) and saw him running in the ring, I was laughing, I thought it was part of the show. I haven't seen too many fights maybe 20 in my life, but I've never seen anyone run like that. I said Sergio won the fight fair and square, but I don't like him and YES sneering is a turn off, it's a punk ##### move that's all I'm saying. I thought the show was suppose to have classy fighters on and full of heart, and to have the lowest class of them all who has NEVER even told his mother he loves her win kind of bums me out, but nevertheless he won. How does that make me a sore loser?

OBTW, Sergios possee there on the side of the stage, who were quite scary if you ask me, were NO better than Manfredos. Peter kept his wits about him and NEVER put anyone down, NEVER. If his corner did, then it doesn't matter, just like Sergio's and Jesse's girlfriend and the rest of them, that's no big deal. It matters to me how the boxer chooses to portray themselves in and out of the ring. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, Sergio is probably a NICE guy, HOWEVER, he's a snake in the ring and he doesn't impress me when he's fighting.

dirob 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-26-05, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dirob Click to send private message to dirob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
please read what i posted below.

fyi, i am a boxing aficionado, fan and teacher. i help run a boxing clinic for underprivileged children.

you may find it disturbing that i disagree with you on all counts and i have taped the episodes of Contender to show em to my kids at the clinic.

and i have pointed out that Sergio Mora IS a class act. and that they should learn from him and if they wish use him as a role model.

it is all explained below.

thank you.

stephs47 68 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stephs47 Click to send private message to stephs47 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
If you are teaching kids, I think you need to re-think what you are teaching them!

05-26-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dirob Click to send private message to dirob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
and what pray tell should i be teaching them?

i honestly am curious to know what you think i should be teaching them.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Stop bashing posters"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 10:18 AM (EST)

This is a violation of the community guidelines.

Edited to clarify that this warning is for stephs47.

05-26-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Stop bashing posters"
thanks Bebo!

for a moment there i thought i was the one in violation!

05-26-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stephs47 Click to send private message to stephs47 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Stop bashing posters"
I'm not bashing a poster, simply stating that if my child were involved in a program that they were taught to look up to fighters like Sergio, I wouldn't want them there. All I said is that they should re-think what they are teaching children. No one knows what what said (and we prolly never will), but my point is whomever started it.....Sergio should'a let it go. He was not there to fight with Manfredo's corner. Put he stopped during the fight, looked over and started running his mouth. He should've over-looked what was said and fought. He made himself look like a moron, and I don't think kids should look up to that. Guess I should've clarified what I was trying to say, didn't realize it would be a violation.

Do you think that all the boxers were not getting yelled at during their fight? I would almost bet they were, but you didn't see them STOP what they were doing, look over to the opponents corner and stopping yelling and cussing so bad that they had to turn the audio off.

05-26-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Stop bashing posters"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 01:37 PM (EST)

i'm sure you had read my other posts because you reacted quite aggressively to them, so just for clarification, this is what i am teaching the kids at the gym...or rather this is what they told us that they learned after watching the fight. this has been posted twice and you have reacted to them so i am re-wording it so that you and all may understand.

the kids learned:

that Sergio Mora was like them. born poor. grew up poor. grew up in a tough neighborhood having to fend off bullies or worse all the time.

his mother worked hard for a huge family.

he took up boxing to survive and then turned it around and became an athlete.

he used the sport and education to become a better man.

and he made it all the way to the Finals and is now the Contender title holder.

and he helped his family get a better life.

THAT is what the children are learning, dear Steph. so please calm down for a moment and absorb this cuz i you said it yourself that you are a self-confessed Peter Manfredo fan. the kids didn't care about the trash talking or intimidation or the fighting style nor strategy of Sergio Mora. they saw that he literally picked himself up from an otherwise hard life and made it better for him and his family. they said he was SMART first then strong.

and THAT is what the kids all chimed in and said they would wanna do too,

if that is so awful to teach kids then let me know and i'll try to make them see it your way.

thank you.

p.s. for whatever it's worth, the kids thought that Sergio stopping in mid fight to talk back at Manfredo's corner was a dumb move cuz he got hit for doing that.

05-28-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Stop bashing posters"
>I'm not bashing a poster, simply
>stating that if my child
>were involved in a program
>that they were taught to
>look up to fighters like
>Sergio, I wouldn't want them
>there. All I said is
>that they should re-think what
>they are teaching children. No
>one knows what what said
>(and we prolly never will),
>but my point is whomever
>started it.....Sergio should'a let it
>go. He was not there
>to fight with Manfredo's corner.
>Put he stopped during the
>fight, looked over and started
>running his mouth. He should've
>over-looked what was said and
>fought. He made himself look
>like a moron, and I
>don't think kids should look
>up to that. Guess I
>should've clarified what I was
>trying to say, didn't realize
>it would be a violation.
>
>
>Do you think that all the
>boxers were not getting yelled
>at during their fight? I
>would almost bet they were,
>but you didn't see them
>STOP what they were doing,
>look over to the opponents
>corner and stopping yelling and
>cussing so bad that they
>had to turn the audio
>off.

Sure people yell at fighters. But when the corner begins to say things that can not be repeated on national television or on this forum its pretty pathetic.

Did you see my post regarding the subject on ESPN?
We do know the truth now.
I would of said somthing to the Manfredo corner had they been disrescpeting me.

I think the Manfredos are classless and nothing more than cheating sore losers. I would not want my kids to grow up like that. I would want my kids to step up and put people in check when ever they are getting disrespected.
He did the wrong thing by dropping his hands and letting Peter take advantage of him by sucker punching him. Talk about desperate. These people proved to me that they were willing to do anything to try to win. I am glad it backfired.
My boy is the Champ now
And he is a great role model.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-05, 07:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "No bashing other posters"
Differences of opinion are welcome here, but insulting other posters while expressing them is a violation of our community guidelines.

jenniferlyn 147 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 05:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
>Hmm, if that is the case,
>why did Alfonzo and Sergio
>run away in the last
>few seconds?

Sergio and Alfonso "ran away" as you said in the last few seconds because they don't just fight with their fists, they use their heads in the ring as well. They saw what happened to Anthony, and kept that sight in their heads as they fought Peter and Jesse. It doesn't make them scared or cowardly, it just goes to show that they learn not only from their own mistakes, but from the mistakes of others as well. That's why both of these men are going UP UP UP in the world of boxing. Boxing isn't just about beating your opponent physically, but mentally as well, which is why Sergio was able to beat Ishe even in a 7 round bout. I have nothing but respect for both Sergio and Alfonso, I just wish Alfonso could be a million dollar winner as well!! (yeah i know not everyone can win, but it's a nice thought anyway, naive as it may sound) After seeing all the boxers with their families though, I'd say they're all about even in the riches dept.

fashionkrazy 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fashionkrazy Click to send private message to fashionkrazy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
I like the bill. It's fun.

Digital Christ 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Digital%20Christ Click to send private message to Digital%20Christ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
I like Mora as well as Manfredo.

Sergio's blessed,,,but he's physically granted leverage above an average to weighed frame,,,,,,,ratio borders. That with ring intellegence can be ,,,,,,priceless.

Sergio's a stand out,,,,,I mean size-wize/height,,,,,but a good/veteran fighter who watches feet/waist and focuses on body shots could catch him before he switches stance to dart only becuase,,,,, he's dart-ish,,,,,,,, a seasoned/body puncher could gut-check him. Until that happens I wish him prosperity.

05-26-05, 07:39 AM (EST)
17. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
i also can't believe why Sergio isn't given his proper and well deserved due here.

sorry to burst people's collective bubbles, but when Sergio "runs" away as many have said from his opponents, that is a perfectly legitimate boxing technique and strategy. boxers do that to rest, confuse the opponent, remove him/herself from a situation that could get him/her in trouble and is even better the way Sergio uses it. he runs and guns. peter thinks Sergio's just getting out of the way so he drops his guard then Sergio on a dime changes direction and throws a punch at peter. he did this so many times to score points. excellent strategy!

go to the website. even Tommy agrees with Sergio's strategy. even Sugar Ray agrees with Sergio's strategy. he's a thinking boxer. he studies his opponents. he knew peter has watched his fights and predicted sergio would stay away from him and use his speed. instead he came in closer to peter and totally baffled him with his new moves. he moved from conventional to south paw. Sergio totally confused Peter with his unorthodox style. ok so he trash talks. so what? almost every athlete uses that to get inside their opponents' head. i don't think that's foul play or unsportmanslike conduct. it's all part of it. i'm not sure what the trash talking to Manfredo's corner was all about but man, if i had a father like Peter's laying all that pressure on me and being the way he was, i'm almost sure Peter's father was bad mouthing Sergio to distract him and it worked. (in fact i think Peter's dad contributed to Sergio's win being Peter's corner man. i don't think he was giving Peter good advice. read Tommy's comments about it on the website.)

Sergio knew his strengths and weaknesses as well as Peter's. he knew he couldn't go toe-to-toe so he thought of another way of beating him. please don't think Sergio is a lesser boxer because he uses his mind too. otherwise this would've been just another street fight or brawl and the image of boxing would've been more tarnished than it already is.

and what is this whole "he's a snake in the ring" nonesense? snake as in he can wriggle his way out of trouble and then counterattack. he has a way of intimidating opponents (note the word is intimidating-i didn't say that Peter or any or his opponents were SCARED of him) and his actions and chest beating is all part of the game. sly like a snake. slitherry like a snake. those are all good connotations. are people saying he's a snake as in a cheater and all the other negative connotations of being a snake? he didn't cheat. he didn't lie. he never tried to avoid fighting fighters better and stronger than him. his behaviour in the ring was never foul or illegal. Peter had 3 late hits on Sergio. Sergio's only late hit was from a combination attack when the bell rang.

And so if your concept of boxing is to let 2 muscle bound gorillas beating each other to a pulp then please go to Ultimate Fighting or Wrestling or something like that.

i would rather see more boxers like Sergio Mora out there. i admire his intelligence, spirit, dedication and respect for people. i also respect and admire Ishe Smith and Alfonso Gomez. i have no respect for the "Gutless Four" who had the audacity to call themselves the "mafia".

i help run a boxing clinic for underpriviledged kids and i have pointed out to them who they should try to emulate.

and one of them is definitely Sergio Mora.

05-26-05, 09:31 AM (EST)
20. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
I totally respect your opinion, but I have to disagree slightly. I don't think running away from your opponent is a strategy move in boxing, I think it's running away. Moving or staying away is a strategy move and that's EXACTLY what Anthony should have done, however Sergio (who is going to be on Kelly and Regis in a few minutes) runs and I've never seen that before, it makes him look like a weak boxer who runs when his opponent gets the best of him, it just looks silly to me. Not that I should tell you how to run your boxing school (I've taken Kick boxing, completely different, for years and was never taught to run, so maybe I'm comparing it to that and the fact that I've never seen it done before) but are you teaching your students to run away in the ring or go toe to toe? I think toe to toe shows a lot more sportmenship and atheltisism than running away, whether it's your strategy or not. Once again, I think Sergio is probaby a DECENT guy outside the ring, but I happen to like the respective boxer in the ring like Peter, Alfonzo (and YES I would LOVE to see Alfonzo win also!) Jesse, Joey and every other guy who fought on The Contender, I like their style. They face their opponent toe to toe (sure it didn't get them the million, but it won fans respect, not sure if that's important or not, but whatever) to me toe to toe is a true boxer, a true athlete, someone who is not afraid. I did not say Sergio cheated, he won fair and square (read my other posts, he won, plain and simple), but I just don't respect him in the ring with his ghetto tatics, it's a turn off, but hey, why would he care, he's a millionare!

05-26-05, 09:40 AM (EST)
22. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
thank you for your opinion i apprectiate the level-headedness of your response.

but here's food for thought. one of the greatest boxers of all time was known for moving so fast, dodging, and "running away" that his opponents couldn't hit him.

Muhammad Ali.

thing is, he did all the dodging and running away so elegantly and gracefully no one ever saw it as looking silly.

guess Sergio didn't pull it off as well as Ali.

p.s. oh and i don't coach, i just assist in the training and i train as well. also had a stint in muai thai training when i lived in Bangkok. very different discipline from boxing.

05-26-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
27. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
Thank you dirob! dirob, you made your points very well. Thank you for not letting that person who attacks every Sergio Mora fan on this site get to you.

I love the way Mora slips out and just when you think he going back up he jumps forward and tags his opponent. He did this to Peter over and over again. He made Peter look so bad. Peter being the more experienced boxer just did not know what to do. He tried everything but dialing 911 lol

I am glad that Sergio did not get head butted by Peter like he did to Joey gilbert. Cus Joey was kicking Peters tail before they stopped that fight.

I cant say Sergio has any Ali in him although he could just as easily float like the butter fly. Its true I have never seen any one actually sprint in the ring hehehehe This kid has revolutionized boxing. I like that idea. Runs circles around his opponents *teehee*

Sergio has studied Sugar Ray Leonard. I think that Sergio has so many great qualities in the ring and he not stuck on one style. His unpredictability makes it fun to watch. You never know what he is going to do.
Sergio has the nasties of Duran at times and even that idiot Camacho. Now Camacho was one dirty mother flower. He was however a great champion.

In the fight with Manfredo Sly, and the other commentators kept saying how great of a fighter Sergio was. How amazing his hand speed was. I remember hearing Ray Leonard saying wow! Awww! Look at Sergio's combinations. Look! Look at Sergio!
You got to be pretty damn good to impress the 6 time Champion Sugar Ray Leonard. (watch his combinations! He just lets his hands go and on and on Sugar was just so impressed!)

Peter is hurt! Peter is Hurt!
I loved hearing this comming from the commentaros.

05-26-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
28. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 02:43 PM (EST)

What trips me out is how people get irate either for Mora or against Mora. I like Mora, great boxer...but I believe he should trim down the act. It is plain and simple. One can argue till they're blue in the face but nothing is going to change that. If I were to allow kids to watch Mora, I would tell them to study his moves and strategy, however, I would tell them not to act like that in the ring. Cussing, taunting...disrespect, if you want that..go ahead, I don't. Boxing is a sport and I am the guy who turns away from trash talk even if it's a member on my own team.

You are not going to force people to see it your way so what does it matter? State a good arguement and then move on.
What are you going to do? Debate them to death in anger until they convert to your opinion? lol.

05-26-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
29. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
Sugar Ray was a commentator, he was doing it for entertainment for the viewers!

05-27-05, 00:52 AM (EST)
30. "RE: The Champion of The Contender!"
>Sugar Ray was a commentator, he
>was doing it for entertainment
>for the viewers!

I doubt that Sugar Ray Leonard was going Wow! Ooohh! Aaahhh! Just to add special effects to the show for the viewers.

He was very impressed. LOL even Sly had to bow down and say he did not expect Sergio to be so good. His boy Peter was just out classed by a classless boxer *teehee*
How ironic.

next_gr8 12 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-05, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail next_gr8 Click to send private message to next_gr8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "MORA VS. GRIFFIN!!!!!!"
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SERGIO MORA AND OTIS GRIFFIN GET IT ON AT A CATCH WEIGHT. I THINK IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR BOXING!!!!!! SLY, SUGAR AND OSCAR CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN...... "LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE"

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •