The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mark Burnett saya that if NBC doesn't want Contender they'll go elsewhere."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

cmoneytakemoney 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-25-05, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmoneytakemoney Click to send private message to cmoneytakemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mark Burnett saya that if NBC doesn't want Contender they'll go elsewhere."
Read this article posted today.

http://boxing.about.com/

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mark Burnett saya that if NBC d... SportyOne 05-25-05 1
   RE: Mark Burnett saya that if NBC d... VegasFightWriter 05-26-05 2
       RE: Mark Burnett saya that if NBC d... PagongRatEater 05-26-05 3
 RE: Mark Burnett saya that if NBC d... jenniferlyn 05-26-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SportyOne 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-25-05, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SportyOne Click to send private message to SportyOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Mark Burnett saya that if NBC doesn't want Contender they'll go elsewhere."
Going to another network would be a step down and an embarrassment. Let it go.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-26-05, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mark Burnett saya that if NBC doesn't want Contender they'll go elsewhere."
I was just discussing this with someone and made the same point as you. As has been clearly evidenced the past couple of days, EPMB cares, more than anything else, about making $$$. (And fair enough; why shouldn't he, after all?). I can't see him settling for, say, Spike TV-type money. Indeed, it would take network cash to make this thing work, unless the purses for future seasons were a fifty dollar gift voucher and a Greyhound ticket home.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-05, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mark Burnett saya that if NBC doesn't want Contender they'll go elsewhere."
I disagree on Burnett and the money. He loves Eco-Challenge and until war made them cancel the contest, he would faithfully produce it for USA Network every season because he loved it. I don't know if he feels the same way about this show, but there's also nothing stopping him from taking it to FOX, NBC or CBS. Another network that supports and promotes the show could get a big payoff in ratings and Burnett would get to give NBC a nice heaping plate of "how do you like THAT?"

jenniferlyn 147 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 05:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mark Burnett saya that if NBC doesn't want Contender they'll go elsewhere."
Wow, I really hope that EPMB will take the show to another network, someone like CBS maybe. I'm getting frustrated reading articles about how NBC screwed up the ratings by taking it from Thursdays and putting it in the Sunday slot, and also about how people don't think that women watch the show. However, I read that it wasn't so much EPMB that was mad about the time switch as it was Sly who vowed not to do a second season because of the change. I would hope that EPMB sees that there are millions of female boxing fans that will follow the show to whatever network is smart enough to snatch it up!! Besides, I hear that there's a ripoff show coming out soon from another network (FOX I think) and there's just no chance that will even be in the same ballpark as Contender, but what else can we do if they aren't bringing Contender back??

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •