The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Should Peter have to win twice?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

intocable 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-18-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail intocable Click to send private message to intocable Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Should Peter have to win twice?"
MY question is this. Since Peter was already beat once, then should he have to beat who he is fighting twice? If not then he had the advantage of being in a double elimination tournament and no one else did. (other than Ahmed) So my thing is yes he is a good fighter but I think he should have to win twice, I mean this is a million bucs we are talking about!! I know it wouldn't happen, but does anyone agree with me?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Should Peter have to win twice? Wacko Jacko 05-18-05 1
   RE: Should Peter have to win twice? intocable 05-18-05 2
       RE: Should Peter have to win twice? MDSkinner 05-19-05 3
       RE: Should Peter have to win twice? ARnutz 05-19-05 4
 RE: Should Peter have to win twice? stephs47 05-19-05 5
   RE: Should Peter have to win twice? intocable 05-19-05 6
       RE: Should Peter have to win twice? Petey 05-19-05 7
       RE: Should Peter have to win twice? jenniferlyn 05-24-05 12
 RE: Should Peter have to win twice? stephs47 05-19-05 8
   RE: Should Peter have to win twice? intocable 05-19-05 9
       RE: Should Peter have to win twice? stephs47 05-20-05 10
           RE: Should Peter have to win twice? eeler1 05-20-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-18-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Should Peter have to win twice?"
The reason Peter is back is because the majority (almost all) the boxers still in the tourney voted him back in. Peter although losing once will have won the same amount of fights as the Sergio/Jesse winner. I have no problem with it. They had to bring somebody back and if they would've lost no one would've said anything. It was the only thing they could've done. Not sure that Gomez would've been in any condition to fight Peter again anyways.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-18-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail intocable Click to send private message to intocable Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Should Peter have to win twice?"
Well I see what your saying, but I didn't mean that he beat Alfonso twice, I think he should have to beat the other finalist twice.. I know they all voted him back, but it still just seems unfair.. I think what they should have done was bring in a new person, I'm sure they had thousands of boxers trying to get in the show, so maybe they should have done that since it was still the first round. Just my thoughts..

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-19-05, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Should Peter have to win twice?"
Honestly, I think it is more impressive that Peter was able to come back and win after losing that match and getting further out of boxing shape. When he was chosen to fight that second time, it was clear that they felt that he was weaker, due to the time he had off, and the fact that mentally he did not seem prepared. I definitely do not think it seems unfair. If they had not voted him back in, he would not be there.

If he wins in the final match, he derserves the title of contender, in my opinion.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Should Peter have to win twice?"
I think he should have to beat the other finalist twice..

Then that wouldn't be fair to the other finalist.

stephs47 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-19-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stephs47 Click to send private message to stephs47 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Should Peter have to win twice?"
I must ask, what is the deal with everyone bashing Peeta everywhere????? It seems like no matter where you go on the internet SOMEONE is bashing him. Let's look at it like this, if Ahmed had won after he was voted on to come back....would everyone still be saying this? Or is everyone jealous of Peeta for some reason? I'm not asking this question to be a smart-a@@, I really don't get it. The boxers voted for him to come back, it wasn't like he begged and pleaded with them to bring him back on the show (although I'm sure he wasn't complaining).

I have written on here one other time under the Alfonso post. I am a 26 year-old female who can't get enough of the Contender. I really like Peeta but must say that Gomez showed so much class the other night that it left me speechless. But I really don't understand what everyone has against Peeta. Gomez did beat him once before but just like Gomez said the other night, Peeta won when it counted. And even though I'm a HUGE Manfredo fan, I must say that if those two fighters fight again...it would be a toss up. I could see either winning, depending on who was having the better night and who was connecting their punches (just like the first fight and then the second. Gomez got him the first, then Peeta came back to vindicate himself).

Sure glad the people don't get to vote on the winner...Peeta would never win. Go Manfredo, you deserve it all the way!!!!!

05-19-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Should Peter have to win twice?"
Well my whole point is just that he really had an unfair advantage, because he was able to loose and still have a chance to win it all unlike the others.. Now if Ahmed was in the final I wold be saying the same thing about it.. Yes I know the fighters voted him back, but it's not like they had a choice to not vote someone back.. they had to vote for someone and he was it.. My point is that this is not a double elimination tournament, but it was for Peter.. also it just seems like Yahoo and NBC want him to win, I mena the whole last show was about Peter and his family, I mean they even interviewed his father?? I think Peter is a greast fighter, but I just think he has an unfair advantage, because he already lost once.. Like I said before they should have brought in a totally new guy (they must have had thousands of applicants).

Sergio is going to win it all anyway..

Petey 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-19-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Petey Click to send private message to Petey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Should Peter have to win twice?"
They give so much face time to Peter and his family because the show knew he would be moving on. Makes sense doesn't it? Wait till the next episode to see who gets favored. They aren't going to give the fight losers all of the camera time when they won't be on the show the following week. In Peter, the shows producers are trying to create a person that you can root for and see him as a person. Unfortunately they edit the fights to make it seem like he is cheating his way through the fights. If you guys download the full fights from emule or kazaa, you will see that the fights aren't as close as the editing portrays.

One thing I don't understand is how nobody can feel bad for Ishe. Even if you don't like the guy, he clearly had Sergio knocked out and tipping when the final round ended. To me, that is the real injustice.

Also, don't forget that Peter has fought one more fight than anyone so far in the tournament.

jenniferlyn 147 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-24-05, 03:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Should Peter have to win twice?"
I see the point you're trying to make, but the other guys voted Manfredo back in because they thought he'd be out of shape and too down about his loss go Gomez, and he'd be an easy opponent to go through on their way to the finals. As Jesse said "we made a mistake and brought back a lion", they brought Manfredo back of their own volition and everyone but Sergio (and depending on how tomorrow goes, maybe him too) will be kicking themselves in the A** for as long as memory serves.

Also..as much as I want Sergio to win, he's got one tough opponent in Manfredo, and based on the editing, it's very likely Manfredo will be our million dollar winner. But that won't stop me from screaming GO SERGIO!! at the TV tomorrow night!!

05-19-05, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stephs47 Click to send private message to stephs47 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Should Peter have to win twice?"
I agree with you, they aren't going to give air time to the guy that loses. I talked with a guy, from Peeta's home state and a friend of Peeta's, he said he can't beleive the editing because the fights are not that close, not by a long shot. But when you think about it, it makes since for NBC to do what they did...who would rather watch a fight that is close rather than to watch some one get their butt kicked like it was no one's business? My point is yes, Peeta may have an advantage, but I don't think it's a good one. Like the last poster wrote, he has fought one more fight than everyone else. And granted they have had 6-8 months to get ready for this. Word is in Rhode Island that Peeta is in the best shape of his life. And if you think that Sergio can even come close...you MUST be mistaken....I think you need to make an appointment to get your eyes examened!!! Manfredo will beat him like he did Gomez, that's my prediction anyways....GO MANFREDO!!!

05-19-05, 04:47 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Should Peter have to win twice?"
Well I'll be there live to see the fight next week. I think it will be a good fight, but Sergio is smarter and quicker than Peter. Sergio isn't going to stay in there and let him connect with all those punches.. Plus I really thought Ishe was going to take it and if Sergio could do what he did to Ishe, then he will beat Peter..

I rememebr when Peter told Slfonso"bro you gotta give me the rematch" and he said ok.. If he wanted to fight him so much all that time and it was on his mind everyday, then why did he take a chance and put Alfonso against Ahmed? He should have called him out right there and then.. He had the power to do it..

05-20-05, 08:59 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Should Peter have to win twice?"
Ok, do you really think that the producers would've let that happen? That was one of (if not the biggest) fight of the series (the 2nd fight between Alfonso and Peeta)! peeta is not stupid either, he knew what he was doing. He knew that Alfonso could beat Ahmed, then he could fight him in the final four! If you go back and watch the fight between Ishe and Sergio it was a SPLIT decision. Also, if you watch the whole fight, you will notice that neither one clearly one each round (well maybe on round did go to Sergio), but other than that....it was even. The TV show only shows highlights, remember that! Peeta will destroy Sergio, I wish I was gonna be there to watch it live in Las Vegas so I got see it. Peeta will finally get what he deserves.....1 million dollars for his beautiful family!!! Go MANFREDO, all the way!!!!!

eeler1 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-20-05, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eeler1 Click to send private message to eeler1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Should Peter have to win twice?"
As far as I can gather, these guys did the whole tournament in about a month. They had to fight at least three times or almost once a week. Thats hard to do, and could partly explain why the bouts were only five rounds. Manfredo had to fight four times. That extra fight was a huge disadvantage, making it tougher for him to advance, and balances out any critism for the double elimination. I mean a guy that can get beat up in the first one, then come back and fight three more times in three weeks, he deserves to be there. Can you imagine what Gomez face would have looked like if he had to fight one more time?

In watching his fights with Gilbert and Espino, the edited versions, it looked like Manfredo was often just covering up so he wouldn't be too beat up for the next fight. He basically let Gilbert flail away at his forarms for two of the five rounds, ropadope comes to mind. I think the loss helped him figure out the format and then adjust to it better than some of the others did. He did just enough to win, but also saved himself so he wasn't too beat up in that last bout.

Gomez's style (agressive but taking lots of punches) isn't well suited to this weekly fight format. Put a fresh Gomez in there in that last fight, or limit it to the 5 rounds, and the result might have been different.

My $0.02.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •