The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Caliber of the fighters"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

decoy1 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-23-05, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail decoy1 Click to send private message to decoy1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Caliber of the fighters"
I've been a faithful viewer since the beginning but because of the way the fights are edited it makes it hard to see how truly good these guys are.

So, they are fighting to become the top middleweight contender? Does this mean that the winner of Tuesday's fight is skilled enough to step in the ring with Corey Spinks?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Caliber of the fighters adam17 05-23-05 1
 RE: Caliber of the fighters FarwestChips 05-23-05 2
   RE: Caliber of the fighters decoy1 05-23-05 3
       RE: Caliber of the fighters VegasFightWriter 05-23-05 4
   RE: Caliber of the fighters VegasFightWriter 05-23-05 5
       RE: Caliber of the fighters decoy1 05-23-05 6
           RE: Caliber of the fighters VegasFightWriter 05-23-05 7
               RE: Caliber of the fighters decoy1 05-23-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

adam17 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-05, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail adam17 Click to send private message to adam17 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Caliber of the fighters"
I agree with you! i think they should show the fights in full then we could see exactly how good each boxer is!! maybe if they bring out The Contender on DVD they will show the fights in full which would be wicked!!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

FarwestChips 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-23-05, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarwestChips Click to send private message to FarwestChips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Caliber of the fighters"
Cory Spinks?
Spinks is a Welterweight (last fight was at 146 pounds)
So no they wont be fighting Spinks any time soon. And if they were Welterweight's why would they fight Spinks? Why not fight the Welterweight champion Zab Judah?
I get what you are saying,
My opinion is no, you wont see Manfredo or Mora fighting any of the top 10 guys any time soon.
Ill bet the only one of the bunch you see on HBO any time soon is Smith. He deserves at least 10 with Santos, with the winner getting Mosley or Soliman.

I could see Gomez as well making a run for HBO but I think he needs to drop back to Welterweight and get in a 10 rounder or 2 on Fox first.

Tuesday’s fight will come and go (I’m picking Manfredo to win) and come Friday the rankings will be updated, and none of the guys from the show ill be in the Top 15 on the WBC, WBO, WBA, or the IBF. (even though I think Smith should be based on him puttin the beat down on Estrada)
So to answer your question, no, none of these guys will be fighting for the Middleweight title against Spinks who is a Welterweight and has no title.

05-23-05, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail decoy1 Click to send private message to decoy1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Caliber of the fighters"
I believe Spinks is a natural middleweight. He dropped 12-15 pounds to fight Juhda which he beat in their first fight.

I basically was just throwing out a name that you would see on HBO or pay per view as an example.

As far as the fight tomorrow, I'd like to see Manfredo win but believe Mora will prevail. I wish like hell that they would just show the fight unedited. They'll probably show unedited on the dvd??

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-23-05, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Caliber of the fighters"
No, Cory is a natural welterweight.

The final is, I believe, being shown live and unedited. And the undercard bouts are being streamed live on yahoo. So, for once, a chance to see an actual Contender fight in its entirety.

05-23-05, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Caliber of the fighters"
Incidentally, Ishe has fought Zab Judah as an amateur (in the 1996 Olympic trials), and was offered a shot at Zab's WBO title last year. However, he had just been forced to pull out of a fight with the infitely less dangerous Nureyman Suleymanoglu because of a back injury, and so didn't want to take on someone more dangerous at shorter notice, especially while recovering from an injury. So yeah, I would say that, within relatuvely short order, Ishe could well be back in the kind of mix you mention. Doesn't look like he'll ever fight at 147 again, though.

05-23-05, 08:43 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Caliber of the fighters"
I'd hate to argue boxing with a guy named VegasFightWriter but I would swear I saw Spinks and his trainer on t.v. explicitly talking about going back to his natual middleweight weight after his loss to Judah.

He wasn't using the weight drop as an excuse for the loss but did say he didn't have the strengh he had at the higher weight.

Interesting about Ishe Smith. He looked more polished than the others in his first fight but again the editing skews it.

05-23-05, 08:57 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Caliber of the fighters"
They did say that he will be moving up to junior middleweight from now. Which, personally, I think may be a mistake, as Cory really isn't very big, and he had zero power at welterweight, let alone at 154. Then again, he'll still have his speed and elusiveness, which are his strengths.

05-23-05, 09:11 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Caliber of the fighters"
You were right, he has always fought at welterweight. Maybe he maintained that weight because of the fighting opportunities but felt better a little heavier?

Oh well, my original question was answered. Thanks

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •