The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Boxing Writers Awards"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-07-05, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Boxing Writers Awards"
Hi all,

Greetings from Vegas, from the Mandalay Bay specifically, after a tremendous evening: the Boxing Writers Association of America annual awards banquet. First time in the 80-year history of the BWAA that the event has been held outside of New York, and what a night. An unbelievable array of current and former champions all in one place: Chris Byrd, James Toney, John Ruiz, Hasim Rahman, Vitali Klitschko, Bernard Hopkins, Oscar De La Hoya, Winky Wright, Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, Wayne McCullough, Kevin Kelley, Jeff Lacy, Glen Johnson, Erik Morales, Lamon Brewster, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Julio Cesar Chavez, Richie Sandoval, Floyd Mayweather Jr. -- oh yeah, and some guy from "The Contender" called Sugar Ray Leonard. At one point they all posed together in a ring for what must be the best boxing group shot ever. Didn't have the time to dig out any dirt on possible future seasons or anything; if I get a chance to find out anything, obviously I'll pass it on.

(And those of you with Showtime: don't miss Saturday night's Corrales-Castillo fight. Should be terrific).

VFW

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Most Important Question... ARnutz 05-07-05 1
   RE: The Most Important Question... VegasFightWriter 05-07-05 2
       RE: The Most Important Question... ARnutz 05-07-05 3
       RE: The Most Important Question... madkata 05-11-05 4
 RE: Boxing Writers Awards thecontender2 05-12-05 5
   RE: Boxing Writers Awards madkata 05-12-05 6
       RE: Boxing Writers Awards VegasFightWriter 05-12-05 9
 RE: Boxing Writers Awards thecontender2 05-12-05 7
   RE: Boxing Writers Awards VegasFightWriter 05-12-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The Most Important Question..."
Did you win any awards?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-07-05, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Most Important Question..."
Why, of course. Best desperate attention-seeker on a reality TV message board. What else?

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Most Important Question..."
*gasp*

There's an award for that??! Oh... CONGRATS!!!

madkata 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-05, 04:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail madkata Click to send private message to madkata Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Most Important Question..."
You get MY vote! I've been a fan of your posts since you got here, and have even read some of your articles off this board... nice to have a pro like you around here

thecontender2 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-12-05, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender2 Click to send private message to thecontender2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Boxing Writers Awards"
I have always enjoyed your posts comments and support for Ishe Smith.
Are you the same guy on this website?
http://kieranmulvaney.com/
Just curious. I cant tell cus of the hat.

Comming soon....

madkata 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-12-05, 02:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail madkata Click to send private message to madkata Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Boxing Writers Awards"
I'm sure it's one in the same, as on the front page it says he's writing a book on boxing in Las Vegas.

Just curious -- how'd you get from the green environment to bloody boxing?

(I've got the same parental combo too: Dad/sailor and Mom/nurse. Sure you're not Filipino? LOL)

05-12-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Boxing Writers Awards"
Yeah, it's one and the same person. (But no, no Filipino blood, LOL).

I go from one to the other because I like the variety. Right now, I'm doing media and logistical support for these two explorers who just set off on a quest to become the first people ever to attempt a summer crossing of the Arctic Ocean. www.projectthinice.org.

thecontender2 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-12-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender2 Click to send private message to thecontender2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Boxing Writers Awards"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-05 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

Hi all, 
-- oh yeah, and some guy from "The Contender"
called Sugar Ray Leonard.
At one point they all posed together
in a ring for what must be the best
boxing group shot ever. Didn't have the time to
dig out any dirt on possible future seasons
or anything; if I get a chance to find out
anything, obviously I'll pass it on.

VFW

Darn

If you don't know, I don't know who does. I was hoping Ishe would tell you he got a call from MB or Frank and told him to get ready for a second season after the final.

Comming soon....

Well I am sure you had fun from the sound of things. Thank you for sharing this momment with us here

05-12-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Boxing Writers Awards"
Nah, he doesn't know anything. Unless he DOES know, and he's keeping it quiet like he did before this season. That Europe-US thing is bubbling out there as a rumor, but that's all. To be honest, I don't think that he, or for that matter, manyof the other guys, would like to do a second season. He wants to get on with his career, and I think he feels a little stiffed over the way the show and the website has presented him. Unfortunately, the contracts they signed mean that Burnett basically owns them for a while.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •