The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anthony making it thru the 5th would've caused a draw"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

CubsFan05 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CubsFan05 Click to send private message to CubsFan05 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anthony making it thru the 5th would've caused a draw"
I know that conspiracy theories usually are full of bull, but this one could have some teeth to it.

According to the YAHOO video when Sly and the gang were talking about the fight, they were talking about how the judges had the fight 39-37, 39-37 and 38-38 going into the last round.

As soon as Anthony hit the mat, that would have made the fight 47-47, 47-47, and 48-46 if Anthony makes it through that last 25-some seconds of round 5 losing it 10-8.

What in the world would they have done if there was a draw in that fight? I can't think of anything they COULD have done.

The ref stopped the fight, and it probably was a good thing, but I can't help think what would have happened.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anthony making it thru the 5th ... ladro 05-11-05 1
   RE: Anthony making it thru the 5th ... CubsFan05 05-11-05 2
       RE: Anthony making it thru the 5th ... ladro 05-12-05 3
           RE: Anthony making it thru the 5th ... ChicagoTRS 05-12-05 4
               RE: Anthony making it thru the 5th ... ladro 05-12-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-11-05, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anthony making it thru the 5th would've caused a draw"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 10:13 AM (EST)

In the event of a tie, The logical thing to do would be to have another round. Can't say I know what the actual rule is.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CubsFan05 37 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CubsFan05 Click to send private message to CubsFan05 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anthony making it thru the 5th would've caused a draw"
According to the California Boxing Commission, the 6th round would more than likely have needed to have been "off the record" since the fight lengths were predetermined beforehand.

05-12-05, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anthony making it thru the 5th would've caused a draw"
So the predetermined fight length could not be: "5 rounds, plus one additional round in the event of a tie after the 5th round"? Seems kinda an@l to me if they are required to fight a concrete number of rounds.

ChicagoTRS 39 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ChicagoTRS Click to send private message to ChicagoTRS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anthony making it thru the 5th would've caused a draw"
I think it would be very difficult to have a tiebreaking round. These guys complete the fight and then are standing around for x number of minutes waiting for the results. I do not think you can then say its a tie lets go another round.

I would give the fight to the fighter with the 10-8 round (knockout) or actually in the example listed above two judges would have it a draw and one judge had it Jesse...I would give the fight to Jesse. Or you ask the judges to pick a winner based on the overall fight and throw out the round scoring. I just do not think you can go another round after these guys cool off.

05-12-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Anthony making it thru the 5th would've caused a draw"
Maybe it is the editing, but the annoucment of the winner seems like it happens between a one to two minutes, real time.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •