The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

thecontender 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 06:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender Click to send private message to thecontender Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 02:21 PM (EST)

Being I am from the West Coast, I am going to have to say my favorites are:

Alfonso Gomez
and
Ishe Smith

Of course I do not know much of anything about any of these fighters, I thought I would just throw this out here to see where other people stand.

Least favorite is:

Ahmed Kaddour

I hope some one kicks his butt real hard.

They have turned this into a West Coast, East Coast feud. Oh brother. LOL GO WEST COAST!

If you would like to ever leave me a messege, you can do so here:

http://cgi.latinol.com/cgi-bin/guestbook.cgi?u=thecontender

Say what ever you want, I don't care and I am against censorship so you get the idea.

CIAO

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? FarwestChips 03-09-05 1
   RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? thecontender 03-09-05 2
       RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? FarwestChips 03-09-05 3
           RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? VegasFightWriter 03-09-05 4
   Reid AyaK 03-09-05 5
       RE: Reid FarwestChips 03-09-05 6
 RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? FarwestChips 03-11-05 7
 RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? ARnutz 03-11-05 8
 Gotta like the West AyaK 03-11-05 9
   RE: Gotta like the West Alfonso S Gomez 03-12-05 10
       RE: Gotta like the West thecontender 03-12-05 11
           Oops! AyaK 03-17-05 23
 RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? I_AM_HE 03-12-05 12
   RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? brvnkrz 03-12-05 13
   RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? volsfan 03-12-05 14
 RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? Ricky 03-13-05 15
   RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? I_AM_HE 03-13-05 16
 This thread can not go away. FarwestChips 03-15-05 17
   RE: This thread can not go away. I_AM_HE 03-15-05 18
       RE: This thread can not go away. FarwestChips 03-16-05 19
           RE: This thread can not go away. VegasFightWriter 03-16-05 21
 RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? WildFlower 03-16-05 20
 RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? Unanimous Decision 03-17-05 22
 Baby Stallone contenderfan 03-17-05 24
   RE: Baby Stallone thecontender 03-17-05 25
   RE: Baby Stallone WildFlower 03-17-05 26
       RE: Baby Stallone UsmcWife 05-08-05 29
 RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? FarwestChips 04-04-05 27
 Told Ya FarwestChips 05-02-05 28
 RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? tamsinford 05-09-05 30
   RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? Wacko Jacko 05-09-05 31
       RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? jenniferlyn 05-10-05 32
 RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? wati mora 05-10-05 33
   RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike? Italian Stallion 05-11-05 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FarwestChips 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-09-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarwestChips Click to send private message to FarwestChips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-05 AT 06:13 PM (EST)

I like Brent Cooper, no im kidding. Has he ever won a fight against a fighter with a winning record? Lets just see shall we? UMMM nope! LMAO he lost to Reggie Strickland!!!! How do you lose to Reggie Strickland?
Alfonso Gomez Has some pride in what he does and he can punch so I guess I will pick him as well, but he is a bit young to be walking on his heals, get that boy an MRI.
I also like Ishe Smith, he has went some rounds with some big names and won, he beat the snot out of Garr, and Garr is one of the best club fighters around so Ishe is willing to mix it up with solid guys, so I like him as well.
I hate to say it but I do like Ahmed Kaddour in the ring he has also went rounds with some great club fighters, I would like to see him a bit more active.
Hey didnt Anthony Bonsante already lose to Peter Manfredo? Yes he did in June of last year hmm. At least he wooped Strickland.
Jesse Brinkley is a great fighter as well he beat a very good Corder twice by KO, that is pretty freakin good right there, Ill watch him as well. And his one loss was not a real loss.
Juan De La Rosa? Oh boy, I hope he doesnt get hurt to bad.
Miguel Espino Has never faught anyone, oh wait yes he has he faught Edouard and got crushed, do you think Miguel Espino will fight at 147 or 164? good god man go buy an Atkins book.
Jeff Fraza? this guy is dumber than Judah! but he did take the New England LWT from Watts and defended it 6 times so maybe?
Joey Gilbert is smart and 8-0 of course 4 of the 8 were against guys that never won a fight...EVER? And three have loosing records and of course Douglas who is 10 and 9 but cant seem to take out anyone with a winning reord.
Jimmy Lang, get this boy in the ring, he may be to good for the rest of the contenders, Iv seen this kid fight, he needs to go for the kill a bit more but he is a great fighter who will mix it up or pick you apart with raw talent.
Sergio Mora about snapped Ralston in two, he could be one to watch.
Jonathan Reid??? Wait!!! Is this the same Jonathan Reid that faught Joppy? wow, I hate him and his poor me I rob people story but he was a great fighter. But I dont think he does well on the contender cuz the rec shows him as retired after January of 2004 but maybe? Oh hell he probibly got pinched again.
Tarick Salmaci? World Ranked? the WBO NABO Super Middleweight Title? yip -freakin - eeee. Guy has no punch, couldnt knock out my 5'4" 98 pound sister. Hey prove me wrong punk.
Edited:
Najai Turpin; Since A few people that knew Najai have joined the board I have edited this part of my post.
BUT! I will not allow him to be made a hero for what he did. And that has happened a few times now. Najai I hope it all works out for ya.
please understand there are kids out there that see his story and think wow they will all love me if I kill myself too.
With that said, Najai, rest well.
End Edited:

So there is my take, 300 hundred words on why I like 8 of the 16 fighters to win, I think I got a 50% chance of picking the winner, kidding, I like who you like; Alfonso Gomez, and Ishe Smith, But I also really like Jesse Brinkley, Jeff Fraza, Sergio Mora, and if Jonathan Reid does have his life together and he is in shape he wins it all hands down. If Jonathan Reid is still "Jonathan Reid" than he is toast and I will have to pick
Jimmy Lang to win it all.
Brent Cooper LMAO he lost to Strickland LMAO.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-09-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender Click to send private message to thecontender Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
Thank you FarwestChips, you are a riot to say the least.

So, you are picking Jimmy Lang? No relation to Clubber Lang I hope. LOL

I now know a little more about these fighters than I did this morning. I also read on Doghouse Boxing....

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Hedtke/Hedtke021204.htm

That my boy Alfonso Gomez did not have a manager in the begining of his profesional carreer and that is why he was fighting tough pugs. Maybe he knew that Peter had not really fought any one and that is what drove his confidence level up to beleiving he could win. Makes sense to me;)

CIAO

GO Alfonso GO!

03-09-05, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarwestChips Click to send private message to FarwestChips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
I am not taking Jimmy Lang yet, but he is up there, I like Ishe alot and feel he is the best boxer on the show, but how the show is played out is a big factor, and I think Ishe may have to fight more rounds than he would like, I f Ishe can stay out of the ring as much as possible he can win, but I think his drive to prove himself may put him at risk.
Where as I see lang avoiding the ring as much as possible.

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-05, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
Good point. I was talking to Ishe yesterday and he said the producers were shocked they put up Alfonso against manfredo because they figured that they would naturally put their strongest guy (Ishe or Sergio) up against the weakest guy on the East. Ishe argued big time that, as fighters, they shouldn't do to each other what promoters do to them all the time--i.e. pick on the guys who haven't had the breaks--and that it should be a team thing. From a boxing and good guy perspective, that's great to hear, but from a reality show point of view, you have to hope they don't have any Richard Hatches or Rob Marianos in there, who would take the sword of comradeship offered by Ishe and stab him in the back with it.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-05, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Reid"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 05:52 PM (EST)

Reid wasn't ready for Joppy ... but you take a title fight when you can, even on short notice. However, look at his opponent both before and after that fight -- Benji Singleton (25-95-5). Sorry, I can't respect this guy as a potential winner, because he really hasn't fought anyone else even remotely near Joppy's level.

03-09-05, 06:54 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Reid"
Hey when do Benji Singleton and Reggie Strickland go at it? Wow what a sleeper that would be. Im sure it’s a scheduled PPV event.
You have a point and I will give you credit, but as bad as some of the fighters Reid has fought
Others on the show have danced with lesser opponents. That is kind of my gripe; we were supposed to be shocked when
Manfredo was beat? He was beat by the better fighter, better fighter today! Better fighter tomorrow.
Look at Gilbert and who he has fought. Or Miguel Espino or my favorite target Brent Cooper.
There are a lot of guys that have never fought anyone.
And look at Juan De La Rosa, I will admit I know nothing about this kid except that he is a kid.
And I am disappointed that they would even consider putting that kid in the ring with any of these guys that have paid their dues and know how to punch to injure.
He is still just a baby, that hasn’t even proven he can beat a bad fighter. I just hope he don’t get tree trunked in front of the nation.
But to get back on topic its not Reid’s past record that I like its his big heavy hands that are attached to his big heavy arms. And don’t forget he stood up after Joppy whacked him; he was swaying a bit,
And he looked about as stable as my wife’s personality but he did stand up…Kind of. I guess. Ok he may get owned.

03-11-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
This is a great thread, I will not let it die.
Half the fun of being a fight fan is checking
the stats and predicting an upset.
Id like to see thecontender’s question get a few more posts.
As long as you all agree with me this should be a great thread.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
Some of my early favorites:

~ Jonathan - but he's gone now.
FYI: His wife had a baby girl, congrats to them!

~ Ishe - love his trash talking! He's getting in all of their heads!

~ Alfonso - he was great last week! ... and now he will be guaranteed to make it to the final 8! I love his heart and the fact that he has this sort of humble aura!

--> I dislike Ahmed the most! He needs to get his butt kicked and be sent home!

I'll come back after we have been introduced to a few more guys.

03-11-05, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Gotta like the West"
Now that Manfredo and Reid are out, the East is rapidly losing all credibility. Who's the best guy left: Jimmy "Clubber" Lange, with his 24-1-1 record that masks the fact that the best guy he ever fought was Sammy Sparkman ... against whom he won one of the weirdest split decisions ever, with one judge scoring the fight 9-1 for Sparkman ... and another scoring it 9-1 for Lange (the third judge gave Lange a one-point edge and the win)?

Ahmed "Baby Face" Khaddour is 18-0, but only four of his fights have been in the U.S., and he's never fought anyone ranked in the top 200. So far, all he's shown is that he might have a career as a model, if he could keep his mouth shut.

Which leaves the West. Ishe Smith, Alfonso Garcia, Jesse Brinkley and Sergio "The Latin Snake" Mora, who was an alternate at 156 lb. for the disastrous U.S. boxing team in the 2000 Olympics (losing in the U.S. finals to eventual bronze medalist Jermain Taylor, 12-3).

I'm supporting Ishe, although the short five-round format may be a hindrance to him. We still haven't met his family -- though meeting the family appears to be the kiss of death so far!

Alfonso S Gomez 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-12-05, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alfonso%20S%20Gomez Click to send private message to Alfonso%20S%20Gomez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Gotta like the West"
Hello everybody....hello Ayak, my favorite is Alfonso Garcia too HAHAHAH LOL....because he stepped up.... aside from that..they are all my fav..hehehe

FarwestChips...that's messed up u talk about Najai like that...let him rest dawg...

aside fromt that..this thread is pretty funny...=)

Alfonso S Gomez
www.alfonsosgomez.com

03-12-05, 06:44 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Gotta like the West"
OMG he called you Alfonso Garcia. LOL I did not notice that until you pointed it out. Hey don't worry kid we are still getting to know the new breed of champions. Sugar Ray Leonard did not become a household name over night;) either.

03-17-05, 01:14 AM (EST)
23. "Oops!"
Sorry, Alfonso. Typos are my life!

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-05, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
Alfonso and Ishe were my favorites after week 1, but I was pretty disgusted by Ishe punking out, so I'm a fan of Jesse's now too. Kinda weird - seems like we're going to get Ahmed vs. Ishe sometime, but the 1st ep seemed to make you want to root for Ishe, and the editing of the 2nd completely undid that.

I also liked Jonathan, seemed like a real good guy who's turned a misspent youth around.

I'm still having a little trouble telling Brent and Jimmy apart and Sergio and Miguel (well, I can those two apart, but I have trouble remembering which one's said and done what), but I think I like at least 1 from each group there too though we haven't gotten to know them

I guess Ahmed so far is my least favorite by default, because I don't really dislike anyone else (though Ishe's pushing it atm)

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-05, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
Ishe is dfinitely my least favorite. He can talk the talk but is afraid of the walk. Especially as a boxer. If you're gonna shoot your mouth off you better at least be able to try and back it up.
Still a little shocked about Najai.

It's a Syren.
From now on I will behave but in the back of my mind I will be enslaved.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
HE, I am with you on the Brent/Jimmy thing. I have been doing some of the summary for episode two and I am scratching my head thinking...who is that?

I think my favorite is Jesse. Did you see what Alfonso posted on his site? He said that Jesse gave his purse to Jonathan to take his kids to Disneyland. Now that is a great way of helping others. I bet there would have been no other way for Jonathan to take his kids otherwise!

I am still wishy/washy on which side I want to take on Ishe/Ahmed. I don't know who I like the least!

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-13-05, 07:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
Alfonso Gomez - He's my favorite. He's like a real life Rocky character. He picked the East Coast's best fighter and beat him.

Jesse - I like him. He backed up his talk by beating Jonathan Reid.

Ahmed Kaddour - I think I like him. He's a trash talker which makes the show interesting. He's just getting inside of people's heads. We'll see if he can back it up in his fights soon.

Ishe Smith - I don't like him. After all his trash talking with Ahmed he backed out of fighting him last week (so Jesse ened up fighting Jonathan Reid). He thinks he's Gerorge Forman because he's choosing his fights carefully. But he's no George Forman. Plus he's already talked the talk with Ahmed. He has to fight him.

I like the fighters who actually back up their words. Or at least the ones that don't chicken out of the fight.

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

03-13-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-05 AT 11:48 AM (EST)

I don't think Ishe really chickened out, he just interpreted George's words to mean he should stop his team-oriented thinking and become more selfish. Which is almost worse than being a coward in my book. Playing for himself is all well and good - it's ultimately what he should be doing, after all - but I don't think he had to go so far as to punk the team by doing it. And he was actively rooting for Jonathan.

No, he wasn't a coward. He was a traitor.

03-15-05, 06:22 PM (EST)
17. "This thread can not go away."
I’m still not ready to let this thread die!

so please, please! understand that I am a very lonely sad man that relies on all of your posts in this thread to give me something to look forward too.

Now lets get some predictions up here before I lose my cool and pull the head right off this Barbie doll and throw it out the window! That’s right I said window!

Hey! Alfonso, you got any predictions you want to share? LOL.
P.S. I edited my original post for you
I was a bit cold, but please understand my passion on the subject is surpassed only by my passion for the sport.
Now lets get your predictions dawg….

03-15-05, 08:07 PM (EST)
18. "RE: This thread can not go away."
I'd rank them something like this:

1. Alfonso /like a lot
/2 - 3. Jesse, Ishe /like (+ for win)
\4 - 6. Brent, Miguel, Jonathan /like
7 - 11. Tarick, Anthony, Juan, Joey, Sergio /mildly like
12 - 15. Peter, Najai, Jeff, Jimmy /neutral
16. Ahmed

03-16-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
19. "RE: This thread can not go away."
LMAO why doesn’t anyone like Ahmed? Was it cuz he dressed like Prince in the 80's and stole Paris Hiltons sunglasses?
I have to admit the guys is prettier than most of the coed's I rolled around with in school.

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-16-05, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: This thread can not go away."
I just read an interview with Ahmed on ESPN.com, where he says his business with Ishe still isn't over. Like I just said to Ishe, fifty years from now, Ahmed's going to be in the old folks' home, covered by a shawl, waving his walking stick in the air and shouting, "I'm not done with Ishe Smith!! It's not over!!"

WildFlower 10 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WildFlower Click to send private message to WildFlower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
I have a couple favorites

Jesse Brinkley---hoping he goes all the way.

Joey Gilbert---because he is from Reno,( where I live) have to root for a hometown boy!

Alfonso Gomez---because he totally surprised me in his fight with Manfredo, didn't think he could pull it off.

One I don't like:

Ahmed Kaddour---he is an arrogant A**, he is a meterosexual pretty boy, should be a model or fashion designer not a boxer, leave that for the Real Men!!

Unanimous Decision 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-17-05, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Unanimous%20Decision Click to send private message to Unanimous%20Decision Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
In my opinion,the best fighters on the show are now gone. I am talkin about Manfredo Jr. and Ahmad, starting from the first episode you either hated or loved them cause thats how strong their personalities were. They made the viewers wanna keep waching, so I can only hope one of them returns.

On the other hand...

Ishe Smith defines coward and selfishness. Or I could just say that he sucked and that leading towards his fight with Ahmad you could tell that SOB was scared outta his mind!

contenderfan 6 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail contenderfan Click to send private message to contenderfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Baby Stallone"
Joey Gilbert (aka Baby Stallone) is kicking butt on the challenges, giving the west the advantage, and is the true underdog of the entire competition.

Joey Gilbert

However, Jesse is the the guy that is going to be there at the end of this thing.

Jesse Brinkley

03-17-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Baby Stallone"
Hi contenderfan. BTW you took my name.

I like both these katz. Joey Balboa is 28 He looks so young. I thought he was like 19.
I really hope he does well. So many great picks on the Gold team.

WildFlower 10 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WildFlower Click to send private message to WildFlower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Baby Stallone"
I totally agree with you contenderfan. Joey really does shine in all the challenges, I can't wait to see him fight!

UsmcWife 9 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-05, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UsmcWife Click to send private message to UsmcWife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Baby Stallone"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-05 AT 10:33 PM (EST)

I know that Joey is already gone, but I thought I would share my likes and dislikes! : )

My fav was Joey. Probably cause his dad was in Afghanistan and so was my hubby. When he talked about his dad being over their and how he missed and wished him well, it just brought back so many memories of when my husband was there and how scared I was and how I missed him so much. I truly understand!

As far as the final four, I like them all. I think that it will come down to Gomez and Manfredo. I think Sergio is a very strong fighter, from what I have seen. I dont know as much as most of you here, I can only go from what I have seen on the Contender, I never really followed boxing before. But I LOVE this show!

04-04-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
Thats right I have not given up on this thread yet!

05-02-05, 07:47 PM (EST)
28. "Told Ya"
Its back.

tamsinford 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-09-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamsinford Click to send private message to tamsinford Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
Ive never been a big boxing fan , but i am so into the contender. I hope Peter Manfredo wins, but, (and here comes the girl in me) I think that Sergio is the hottest of all the boxers. I am glad that Ahmad got his ### kicked twice, rude, ignorant and generally annoying, he should join American Idol and go that route.I like Alfonso, he has guts and heart way above most of the fighters, He would be second to win in my book. But I just like Manfredo and what he stands for....he does not seem to be malicious and I like that he seems to have risen above the fray.....

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-09-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
Really I liked them all but probably my favorites are still in it. I like Peter and Sergio the best.

I liked Ahmed, he was playing a role. In a profession like boxing it is smart to have a persona. You have to be confident in yourself and you have to talk yourself up as promotion. Although he lost both times his confidence caused his opponents top have doubts. A lot of boxing a mind games.

If there was one boxer I wasn't a fan of it was Najai. For him to take his life away and cause the damage he did to his kid is unexcusable. I know some will come down on me because I don't understand someone with his mental illness...and I don't. I don't care.

jenniferlyn 147 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 06:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
I agree with your opinions on Najai (sp??) and how his decision to take his own life was inexcusable. He spent so much time talking about how his daughter was the one person in this life that he could fully trust,....then he takes away one of the 2 people in HER life that she should have been able to count on 110%?? Not to mention that the fact that he committed suicide in front of his baby's mother, now SHE may be mentally messed up, perhaps feeling like she didn't do enough to stop him....in all liklihood playing the "what if?" game in here head for a long time to come. And that will translate to her being unable to give Anyae all that she needs emotionally, for who knows how long? I think what he did was an act of a desperately unhappy and lonely man, but he had a lot to live for, even if he didn't make it to the 2nd round on the Contender. In life you win some, you lose some, but I can say for certain, being a female, no matter what mistakes are made, or opportunities lost by your father, he will ALWAYS be a hero in his daughter's eyes. It's just too bad that he didn't realize that before he pulled the trigger. Because he obviously had problems that ran deeper than anything we can comprehend right now, I won't say he's my least favorite, but I'm genuinely disappointed that Najai didn't have the strength to attempt to work through his issues for his daughter's sake.

So my least favorite would HAVE to be Juan. What a pussy!! (and being a woman, that word makes me cringe, so i don't use it lightly) I get that he was hurting, his hand, his eye, blah blah blah, but so were ALL the others!! Look at Joey and Bonsante for instance, Joey had a pulled hamstring and won his fight against Jimmy Lange. Bonsante had a TORN hamstring and didn't drop out of the competition, because as he put it "they'll have to carry me out in a body bag before I'll quit" (i missed the episode last Sun, but from the second hand info it sounds like he might have even won if he hadn't gone so agressively into the 5th round..stupid stupid STUPID!!!)
Then you consider that both Sugar Ray and Sly thought Juan had the best technique of all the wannabe contenders, yet Juan failed to step it up in front of the other boxers due to his lack of confidence in his own abilities. What a waste. At least Tarrick wanted to be there, apparently more than Juan did. Perhaps Juan was only there for whatever publicity he might have gained from his short time on the show? Who knows...who cares.

My favorites are Alfonso, and a close second, Sergio. Both men have a deep love of their familes that they aren't afraid to show, and both want to win not for the sake of winning, or being famous, so much as they want to repay their families for all the sacrifices that were made to get them where they are today. It doesn't hurt that they are both great fighters also.

What I'm about to say next will probably make more than a few poeple laugh, but oh well. My other fav is Joey Gilbert. He may not have the experience of the others, or the technique either, but as we saw in his bout against Jimmy Lange heart can carry you a long way, as he beat Lange, a guy with an impressive win/ko record, even with a severe hamstring injury. Joey is one of my favs also because he shares that deep appreciation for his family, and their support of his boxing. He and Sergio share another thing that made them 2 of my favs, and that's their intelligence, something you don't find in a lot of sports these days where young people drop out of High School to pursue a career in professional athletics. Not only did Joey finish Law School and pass his bar exam recently, he served his country in the Air National Guard. I know lots of people found his manipulation and scheming to be distasteful, but don't forget, this IS a competition wrapped in a reality show, and I believe that the average person in the same situation would probably do anything possible to better their chances of winning that competition. I love how we all armchair quarterback situations we know nothing about...all the pressure, all the spectators, what do you think YOU would do?

wati mora 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wati%20mora Click to send private message to wati%20mora Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
like: sergio mora

dislike: none

Italian Stallion 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Italian%20Stallion Click to send private message to Italian%20Stallion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Poll: Who do you like? Dislike?"
I love ANTHONY.......that guy deserved to win this competition the most. I know many of you are going to disagree with me, but in my opinion he showed the most heart out there. That guy fought and did everything for his kids. He had a TORN hamstring and still went out there, and whooped Jesse's ##### until Jesse "won the lottery" by lucking out with that punch to win it. He said that in order to get him out they were going to have to put him in a body bag to make him leave. He has balls, a powerful punch, and he has heart, a lethal triple threat. Not to mention, he seemed like he was the nicest guy in the competition along with Sergio. People say Anthony isn't a good boxer, i say Bull$hit to that. He not only whipped Brent Cooper, but he also whipped Jesse's #####, until that magical punch. Anthony has won 6 Golden Gloves in his career. No matter how great of a boxer you are, even the best get KO'd. Just ask Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, or Roy Jones Jr. about that. I especially liked the sportsmanship Anthony showed at his final interview before he left. He thanked Jesse, and wished him the best of luck. Anthony has class, and is the most deserving.

And i absolutely hate ISHE the most! How anybody could like that ##### is beyond me. He definetely is a great boxer, no doubt about that, but he's a total d*ck! He was complaining about what Anthony did to the "team", but correct me if i am wrong, didn't he cheer for Jonathan Reid to beat Jesse. In my opinion, that was screwing his team and his teammate. Ishe is an arrogant ##### and he talked crap about how is fight with Sergio was basically going to be a joke. I am glad he got whooped.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •