The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Boxing and Pay per view"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Boxing and Pay per view"
Is it just me or is Pay per view the single biggest reason why nobody but the hardcore fans watch boxing anymore? I'd love to see some of these guys fight again but when I hear the words 'pay per view' I just turn off a) because it costs WAY to much and b) the perception that PPV is for Wrestlemania and otyher fixed/scripted events.

I like boxing, but I have only paid to see one fight ever and I was so disgusted and disappointed that I'll never make that mistake again....ESPECIALLY for a Don King production. (FTR it was Tyson when he got out of prison. McNeely?)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Boxing and Pay per view PhoenixMons 05-04-05 1
   RE: Boxing and Pay per view pollardsvision 05-04-05 2
   RE: Boxing and Pay per view PagongRatEater 05-04-05 3
       RE: Boxing and Pay per view PhoenixMons 05-04-05 4
           RE: Boxing and Pay per view Master B 05-04-05 5
           RE: Boxing and Pay per view VegasFightWriter 05-04-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-04-05, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Boxing and Pay per view"
I haven't ever paid for a pay-per-view event personally, but I've been to lots of parties where the host paid for the fight. I have seen a number of Lennox Lewis fights (one of my favorite fighters of all time) on PPV, plus the Tyson-Holyfield ear-biting fight (I was one of 3 pro-Holyfield people in the house - with about 25 pro-Tyson people...that was fun!), and a number of fights in the mid 90s (my then neighbor ordered fights all the time, so my step-dad and I would go and watch fights with him when we were home).

I don't think the scripted thing is an issue at all - I've certainly never (until now) heard anyone mention boxing's PPV association having any likeness to wrestling or anything like that.

I watch lots of FNF stuff and will try to catch replays of PPV fights (usually replayed on the Sunday following the fight). This weekend I caught the Toney v. Ruiz fight and last weekend I saw Wladimir Klitschko beat the crap out of Eliseo Castillo (one of the worst fought fights I've ever seen...Castillo maybe landed 2 punches the entire 4 rounds before he was KOed). He made Brent look like a fighting machine

Got blog?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

pollardsvision 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-04-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pollardsvision Click to send private message to pollardsvision Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Boxing and Pay per view"
I think that is probably right. I enjoy boxing, but not enough to put up with the dirty looks and scorn of my wife to drop $40-$50 on PPV.

When Im home I watch the FNF, but there doesnt seem to be much covereage anywhere else. I used to watch the fights on USA but they are gone as well...HBO and Showtime have scaled back it seems...I dont know

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-05, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Boxing and Pay per view"
But wouldn't it be nice if you could actually watch GOOD fights live on television? Who would even consider putting the World Series or Super Bowl on PPV?

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-04-05, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Boxing and Pay per view"
Yeah, it'd be nice...but I imagine they do it because they can. A whole lot of people chip in and what would cost $40-60 for one person ends up costing $1. Of course I'd rather watch the fights live, but it's not like boxing makes headlines these days...no need to worry about finding out the results before you get to see the fight if you watch a replay of it after it's been on PPV, KWIM?

I really want to see the Trinidad v. Wright fight in two weeks. I'm picking Wright (I've got something like a 98-2 record picking fights - big names, no names, doesn't matter -so, Winky will win )

Got blog?

Master B 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-04-05, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Master%20B Click to send private message to Master%20B Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Boxing and Pay per view"
U should get FTA receiver (free-to-air satellite)
nothing to pay bills!!

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-04-05, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Boxing and Pay per view"
I'm also picking Winky. A recent poll of boxing media (including yours truly) broke down as 63 Tito, 49 Winky, and 1 draw.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •