The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fight results so far"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fight results so far"
We've discussed the effect of editing with the fights on The Contender in other threads. To emphasize that, here are the results of the three fights shown on TV so far, according to the judges' scorecards. Note that we've actually only had ONE close fight (the first one) -- and Peter would've needed a knockdown in the last round to get a draw.

Oh, the fights take place every 3 days, and scoring is on a "10-point must" system (meaning that the winner of the round gets 10 points):

Fight 1: 8-18-04, Alfonso Gomez Jr. v. Peter Manfredo Jr.
Scores
Judge 1: 48-47 (in other words, 3 rounds for Alfonso, 2 for Peter -- the winner of the last round won the fight)
Judge 2: 49-46 (4-1 Alfonso; Peter would've needed to win the last round by "10-8" on this card to tie on this card; that normally requires a knockdown)
Judge 3: 50-45 (5-0 Alfonso. Huh?)

Fight 2: 8-21-04, Jesse Brinkley v. Jonathan Reid
Scores
Judge 1: 50-45 (5-0 Jesse)
Judge 2: 50-45 (ditto)
Judge 3: 49-46 (4-1 Jesse)

Fight 3: 8-24-04, Ishe Smith v. Ahmed Kaddour
Scores
Judge 1: 50-45 (5-0 Ishe)
Judge 3: 49-46 (4-1 Ishe)

Ishe and Jesse just had to stay on their feet in Round 5 and they won in dominating fashion.

I'll post these as the series goes on, so that we can keep track of how much we're being misled....

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fight results so far KObrien_fan 03-14-05 1
 RE: Fight results so far VegasFightWriter 03-14-05 2
   RE: Fight results so far ARnutz 03-14-05 3
       RE: Fight results so far ladro 03-14-05 4
       RE: Fight results so far VegasFightWriter 03-14-05 6
   RE: Fight results so far thecontender 03-14-05 5
   RE: Fight results so far thecontender 03-15-05 7
       RE: Fight results so far VegasFightWriter 03-15-05 8
 Additional results AyaK 03-28-05 9
   Fight 6 AyaK 04-04-05 10
       Fights 7 and 8 AyaK 04-22-05 11
 Fight 9 AyaK 04-25-05 12
   RE: Fight 9 volsfan 04-25-05 13
   RE: Fight 9 ladro 04-25-05 14
   RE: Fight 9 Captain_Savem 04-25-05 15
       Cappy PhoenixMons 04-26-05 16
           Right AyaK 04-26-05 17
               Yeah PhoenixMons 04-26-05 18
                   RE: Yeah Captain_Savem 04-26-05 19
                   RE: Yeah ChicagoTRS 04-26-05 20
                       RE: Yeah ladro 04-27-05 21
                           RE: Yeah PhoenixMons 04-27-05 22
                           RE: Yeah VegasFightWriter 04-27-05 24
                           RE: Yeah samw 04-27-05 25
                       RE: Yeah PhoenixMons 04-27-05 23
   Las Vegas Review Journal VegasFightWriter 04-27-05 26
       RE: Las Vegas Review Journal Master B 04-27-05 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-05, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fight results so far"
Thanks Ayak, that will be useful information down the road when the West battles the West in the final 8.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-14-05, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fight results so far"
I talked to Ishe after the show last night, and he said he thought Ahmed probably took one round. Like all fighters (but seemingly legitimately in this case) he felt he won pretty easily, and that his body shots were taking it out of Ahmed. (Tommy Gallagher said much the same on the official site).
Ishe said the atmosphere in the warehouse for that fight was tremendously electric, it being the first "grudge" match of the series. Apparently, Mark Burnett came to see him (and presumably Ahmed) in the dressing room before the fight, and said that he really appreciated, and was impressed by, the fact that they were taking this dangerous fight so early.

One other snippet he told me that I thought was pretty funny. Apparently, after every fight, Sly, Ray, and the celebs in the audience all retired to Sly's office for an after-party. The fighters found themselves looking longingly over in the direction of the office, just yards away, and wishing they could join in, and feeling like monkeys in a zoo as the party-goers looked out at the office windows at them.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-05, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fight results so far"
The fighters found themselves looking longingly over in the direction of the office, just yards away, and wishing they could join in, and feeling like monkeys in a zoo as the party-goers looked out at the office windows at them.

That's just wrong. You would think they would've at least let the winner in the office for the after-party!

... they could've worn their new suits.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-14-05, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Fight results so far"
I wonder if Tony Danza was invited to join the celebrities in Stalone's office. I can visualize James Cann and Chuck Norris slapping Danza around, and taunting him with "Who's the Boss?" chants. (yea, I know Danza used to Box, don't ruin my dream).

03-14-05, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fight results so far"
I kinda assumed that they couldn't join in simply because the whole point was for them to stay in fighting shape all the way through. But you'd think Sly and the crowd would at least have the consideration to have the party in a bar down the street or something ...

thecontender 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-14-05, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender Click to send private message to thecontender Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fight results so far"
Thank you for that humorous tid bit of info I watched the fight again and I must say I was very impressed this time around. LOL Funny how I can get a new perspective on the same fight I seen the night before. I guess it was me that was tense before the fight. LOL I was nervous I can just image how nervous the other two fighters were. I agree. Ahmed won the first round. Ishe did a tremendous job later in taking out the body of Ahmed. Had the fight went 12 I believe Ishe would of took out the head too maybe in the 10th
Say hello to Ishe for me/us. He is not my favorite but I still have some love for him. He definately showed tremendous courage and the bottom line is: West Coast at this time is still 3-0 and Ahmed is gone. Alah Akbar! LOL

Ahmed did say he want's a rematch. I hope The Contender has a second Season. Man that would be so freakin awesome. Ask Ishe if he would step in the ring with Ahmed again? And ask Ishe if there was anything we missed in edeting as far as Ahmed being rude to his corner and or the public. I know there had to be more that we did not get to see.

thecontender 136 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-05, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender Click to send private message to thecontender Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fight results so far"
It is me again. After I made my last post I noticed that Ishe is posting here as he made a reply to one of my comments. Did you invite him? BTW your boy seems mad at me. lol
I replied to him already. I hope all is good if not, oh well.
As allways keep us informed on what you find out.

Peace said the geese.

03-15-05, 00:35 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Fight results so far"
It's all good. He was just cruising through, kinda misread your post and thought you were calling him out. You know what fighters are like. It's all cool. He wanted me to pass this on: "Tell the folks to e-mail me from now on, because that was a one time deal with me coming on the boards. Just let them know that for me; I dont want them to think I'm dissing them." Everyone is more than welcome to e-mail him, and he'll reply.

03-28-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Additional results"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-05 AT 11:00 AM (EST)

Fight 4: 8-27-04, Sergio Mora v. Najai Turpin
Scores
Judge 1: 49-46 (4-1 Sergio)
Judge 2: 49-46
Judge 3: 49-46

Fight 5: 8-30-04, Peter Manfredo Jr. v. Miguel Espino
Scores
Judge 1: 48-47 (3-2 Peter)
Judge 2: 48-47
Judge 3: 48-47

For fight 6, though, it doesn't look like we're going to get to see the scorecards, because it looks as if the fight will be stopped on a TKO.

04-04-05, 09:59 AM (EST)
10. "Fight 6"
Fight 6: 9-2-04, Anthony Bonsante v. Brent Cooper
TKO, 0:38 of round 3

Six first-round fights down; two to go.

04-22-05, 01:22 AM (EST)
11. "Fights 7 and 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-05 AT 01:24 AM (EST)

Clearly, I shouldn't go on vacation. Too many duplicate threads start up.

Bout 7: 9-5-04, Juan de la Rosa v. Tarick Salmaci
Judge 1: 50-45 (Juan wins all rounds)
Judge 3: 49-46 (Juan 4, Tarick 1)

Bout 8: 9-7-04 (NOTE - 2 DAYS), Joey Gilbert v. Jimmy Lange
Judge 1: 49-46 (Joey 4-1)
Judge 2: 48-47 (Joey 3-2)
Judge 3: 48-47 (ditto)

First round over, and every bout has been a unanimous decision except for Anthony's TKO. Time for that to change....

04-25-05, 09:22 PM (EST)
12. "Fight 9"
I'm going to post this based on VFW's info; I'll change it if it's wrong when the info comes out from the California Athletic Commission:

Fight 9: 9-10-04, Sergio Mora v. Ishe Smith
Scores
Judge 1: 50-45 (5-0 Sergio)
Judge 2: 49-46 (4-1 Sergio)
Judge 3: 46-49 (4-1 Ishe)

Talk about judges who didn't see the same fight! I wonder who the judges were...

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-05, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Fight 9"
Thanks AyaK! I said the samething lastnight. It is so funny that we can watch the same fight but see it totally different.

04-25-05, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Fight 9"
those numbers do a lot for the credibility of boxing.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-25-05, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Fight 9"
I thought they were supposed to announce when there was a split decision...

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved
This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff. ~ Napoleon

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-26-05, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Cappy"
Where on earth have YOU been?

Yeah, they are supposed to announce the type of decision but all they said last night was 'winner: Sergio Mora' not 'winner by unanimous decision', 'winner by split decision', or 'winner by majority decision'. All the more reason to be suspicious about the results, IMO.

Got blog?

04-26-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
17. "Right"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-05 AT 11:34 AM (EST)

Cappy, you're right, and the ring announcer DID say that it was a split decision. Burnett chose to edit that out of the show.

I posted this in another thread, but I don't want to link to that thread:

On the Web clip, the ring announcer says "the winner by split decision ... Sergio Mora." We don't know whether the announcer said anything else that was edited out, but we clearly hear that. However, in episode 9, we merely hear the ring announcer say, "the winner ... Sergio Mora." In episode 10, we hear the ring announcer say, "the winner by decision ... Sergio Mora."

Thus, Burnett edited out AT LEAST "by split decision" in episode 9 and "split" in episode 10 -- and yet the edits were not detectable without having seen the Web clip. Ah, the wonders of tape editing ... which is why I don't think anyone in his or her right mind could form an opinion about who won the Sergio-Ishe fight based on the edited clips that Burnett shows. NOT ONE of the judges scored the fight as close -- and yet they formed two very different interpretations about the victor.

04-26-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Yeah"
I missed that in the yahoo clip since it didn't say it was an extended clip...figured there wasn't anything new once I skimmed over it. But what's strange is that on the yahoo site, it says the Ishe v. Sergio fight was a unanimous decision. If that's not fishy, I don't know what is...

ISHE VS. ISHE
After five rounds of virtuoso boxing, the judges unanimously declared Sergio Mora the victor over Ishe Smith.
(from page 3 of the episode 9 recap).

Crazy decisions aren't rare in boxing, but for them to edit it as if it didn't happen just screams of something fishy. Alfonso's site prooves VFW was correct with the wobbling Sergio at the end of round five. Something like that certainly should have been included in the edited version since that was probably the most damaging blow of the entire fight (sounds like it). Fishy, I tell you.

Got blog?

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-26-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Yeah"
Hey Mons!

I been super busy lately. Haven't had much time to play as I would like. I really like this show but after watching Sunday night's show and the replay last night, I agree with you that seems something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved
This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff. ~ Napoleon

ChicagoTRS 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-26-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChicagoTRS Click to send private message to ChicagoTRS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Yeah"
Reading Alfonso's account of the fight...he judged it 2-2 going into the final round. He said: "Sergio was landing more punches and was winning the round, until 10 seconds before the bell. Ishe landed a right hook on Sergio’s temple that wobbled him."

Even if this was a very hard blow...it is still just one punch and depending how they are judging it would generally not be enough to overcome the quantity of punches that Sergio had landed throughout the round.

I do agree the judges score cards for this fight were definitely funny when compared to the first hand accounts of the fight. But then again most of the rounds seemed very close so that could lead to some natural disparity in the judges scores. Additionally the style of each fighter would lend itself to judges not being on the same page with Sergio basically throwing a lot of punches and Ishe throwing fewer but with more power...would depend on how each judge values quantity vs power. Not sure how anyone could score it unanimous Sergio though as if there was a decisive round it was round 3 to Ishe. In the end I do think the deserving/winning fighter was selected correctly even if the judges scorecards were a little out of whack.

This is the first fight where there is any real question which to me is remarkable. It seems in most regular boxing matches most times the judging is very questionable. Even in this fight I do think they got it right in the end.

04-27-05, 00:00 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Yeah"
This particular fight aside. I think it is kind of goofy that boxing rules require a Judge to pick a winner of every round. Surely there are rounds in most every fight that could best be described as tossups.

04-27-05, 00:08 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Yeah"
That's always been my main gripe about boxing. But I suppose it would be nearly impossible to do it any other way without being far too subjective - the judges wouldn't really have to 'answer' for their decisions if it was just a matter of whomever did more damage or whomever was the better fighter overall. Most of the time it works out that the dominant fighter is the victor (in a decision, anyway), but not always.

At least it's not Olympic scoring! *gag*

Got blog?

04-27-05, 00:50 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Yeah"
Even rounds are permissible, although generally discouraged. Nevada discourages 10-10 rounds strongly. But the WBC judging guide is perfectly fine with them.

I have to say, by and large, I find there are very few truly egregious decisions in boxing, at least at the higher levels. Most of the time, I think the judges get it right.

samw 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-27-05, 04:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samw Click to send private message to samw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Yeah"
>This particular fight aside. I think
>it is kind of goofy
>that boxing rules require a
>Judge to pick a winner
>of every round. Surely there
>are rounds in most every
>fight that could best be
>described as tossups.

According to the Contender website, 10-10 rounds are supposedly allowed:

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Contender/scoring_the_bouts/

In the 2nd paragraph:

"If a judge determines the round to be a tie, both boxers earn ten points."

04-27-05, 00:24 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Yeah"
Even if this was a very hard blow...it is still just one punch and depending how they are judging it would generally not be enough to overcome the quantity of punches that Sergio had landed throughout the round.

Right. I wasn't saying that Ishe should have won the round as a result of one good blow at the end of the round (or that he even won the round at all)...I was just saying that the ONE blow of the fight that left one man wobbling was edited out. That tells me the producers are trying to hide something...trying to hide how close the fight was and/or trying to hide the drastically different scorecards (people familiar with boxing would be more forgiving of this - than the average viewer - since we've seen it happen before).

Got blog?

04-27-05, 02:01 PM (EST)
26. "Las Vegas Review Journal"
Here's a short article from today's Las Vegas Review Journal, which talks to Ishe about the fight with Mora, and the way he was portrayed in the show: http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Apr-27-Wed-2005/sports/26385203.html

Master B 106 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Master%20B Click to send private message to Master%20B Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Las Vegas Review Journal"
THanks!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •