The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No Credit..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

Contender1 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-18-05, 03:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Contender1 Click to send private message to Contender1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"No Credit..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-05 AT 02:04 PM (EST)

Nobody wants to cite me for making the right call. Amid rumors of Joey winning and quitting and nobody coming back, and Ayak's scenario. I clearly stated that Juan got beat up and would quit and Ahmed was coming back. Nobody agreed except for the guy with the dumb theory based on the pose they use to hide the boxers on nbc.com.

Now, Ahmed will not win it all, he will lose again. This week? Not sure to be honest, and again with the benefit of TiVO, Ahmed is not knocking Alfonso out, they are standing there and Alfonso is leaning to the side a little.

Learn something now, Burnett doesn't do the "right" thing, he does what sells, he's a business man. TARICK should of been the default to come back. The guy obviously gave Juan a beating, and he had that one fight under his belt after a 3 year layoff, he may of been a scary opponent later.

By the way, jesse, joey, and alfonso vote ahmed back on the show, during the scene u see jesse wink at alfonso and joey talks bout him having 3 votes to "throw a wrench in this competetion." Ahmed is the wrench.

Ishe vs. Sergio will be a great fight, Sergio will win.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: No Credit... pauliebear 04-18-05 1
   RE: No Credit... ChicagoTRS 04-18-05 7
   RE: No Credit... PhoenixMons 04-18-05 9
   RE: No Credit... finalround 04-25-05 17
 RE: Credit for Contender1 thetornado 04-18-05 2
 RE: No Credit... MDSkinner 04-18-05 3
   RE: No Credit... Wacko Jacko 04-18-05 4
       RE: Contender1/spoilers Superbad 04-18-05 5
   Longstanding rumor AyaK 04-18-05 11
 FTR PhoenixMons 04-18-05 6
   RE: FTR Superbad 04-19-05 13
 RE: No Credit... ChicagoTRS 04-18-05 8
   RE: No Credit... finalround 04-25-05 19
 RE: No Credit... Contender1 04-18-05 10
   Thoughts AyaK 04-18-05 12
       Thought #2 FFantasyFX 04-19-05 14
           RE: Thought #2 Wacko Jacko 04-19-05 15
   RE: No Credit... Superbad 04-25-05 16
       RE: No Credit... Contender1 04-25-05 20
           RE: No Credit... Superbad 04-25-05 21
               That's enough Bebo 04-25-05 22
 RE: No Credit... finalround 04-25-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pauliebear 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-18-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pauliebear Click to send private message to pauliebear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: No Credit..."
Yea, yea... dumb theory, but do me a favor and keep that in mind when Ahmed wins the whole thing. I'm a graphic designer and I can recognize a graphical shortcut when I see one.

BTW, I think my 12 year old could have taken out Juan. And as much as I like Tarrick, the fact he couldn't shut down someone with no jab and a windmill girl swing tells you something about his deteriorated skills.

ChicagoTRS 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-18-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ChicagoTRS Click to send private message to ChicagoTRS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: No Credit..."
Kind of hard to spoil the winner when the final fight has yet to take place yet...

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-18-05, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: No Credit..."
I've already explained the reason for them using Ahmed's picture for the silhouette...it's the only one that would work because of the way in which the others' bodies/hands are positioned. It has nothing to do with who will be the winner (as the poster above me said, the final fight hasn't even happened yet so the web design team doesn't have the final result with which to make their 'winner' silhouette as you claim). Yes, there's no doubt that it's Ahmed picture, but that proves absolutely nothing about the outcome of the fights.

Got blog?

finalround 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-05, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finalround Click to send private message to finalround Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: No Credit..."
The theory was not dumb.
As for Tarrick he was rusty, though his expirence carried. At the end of the day, he may have not looked great, but he took Juan out of the competition. He is the first fighter in the show to pound a guy out of the competition.

Remember the fights are editied. Check the score cards.
Tonight Ishe should have won. In the last round Sergio was out on his feet, though they edited it.

I would like to see Tarick back in the final show. He has had months to prepare.

thetornado 12 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-05, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thetornado Click to send private message to thetornado Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Credit for Contender1"
Hey Contender1, you were right on!!!!! This show just keeps getting better and better!!! Can't wait till next week!!

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-18-05, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: No Credit..."
"Ishe vs. Sergio will be a great fight, Sergio will win."

All credit to you for what you have said correctly so far. But my question for you would be how did you know that Juan would get beat up and quit or that Ahmed was coming back?

As for Ishe and Sergio, again you sound extremely confident. How do you know this, assuming that you do know this for sure? This fight, from an outsiders perspective would seem to be favoring Ishe, but then again with these shortened matches, I am not sure that any match favors anyone.

Do tell where your "insider" information comes from, assuming that you do actually have some.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-18-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: No Credit..."
Why did we not give you credit?

For one this is not a spoiler board. Just like Survivor, Aprentice, Amazing Race, etc. the results are predetermined. Maybe you had no spolier information and logically guessed but anyone with inside information would know what happened.

Superbad 98 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superbad Click to send private message to Superbad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Contender1/spoilers"

Yeah, man. If you do have some spoilers give us a heads up
or something. I don't want to know who wins beforehand and
sh*t. Blab that mess somewhere else. Don't ruin it for us.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-18-05, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Longstanding rumor"
>"Ishe vs. Sergio will be a great fight, Sergio will win."
>
>As for Ishe and Sergio, again you sound extremely confident.
>How do you know this, assuming that you do know this for sure?

Back before the show aired, there was a rumor that the finale would be Peter versus Sergio. The rumor said that Peter beat (and injured) Alfonso in the semis and that Sergio beat Ishe in a very controversial decision. I printed the rumor of the finale in my first story on the show, but I've stayed away from it since then ... in part because the show has struggled in the ratings so much that I didn't want to do anything else that might hurt it.

Make of it what you will.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-18-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "FTR"
A little explanation as to the way things typically work at RTVW...

Some of the main reality shows have boards specifically for spoilers, as Wacko already pointed out above. One of the general guidelines here at RTVW is that you should not post spoilers in non-spoiler boards without specifying in the title or in the first few lines (so it's visible on the main page) so that anyone who doesn't want the show to be spoiled will not accidentally read a spoiler. Your post was not labeled as a spoiler in any way, so I'm sure most of the "vets" assumed it was just speculation as a result. That happens a lot around here

Also, LOTS of people post "this is what will happen" type things without any proof (speculation). More often than not these posts are from 'newbie' posters and as such, it's hard for the posts to be taken seriously without accompanying 'proof' or validation of the speculation. That's just the way things work at RTVW - we tend to be an "I'll believe it when I see it" bunch unless there is solid evidence backing up a theory/speculation.

Your posts about Ahmed didn't include any sort of evidence and for all we knew, it was just your speculation. Now that we've seen the show (and I'm still shocked that they'd bring back Ahmed of all people...you'd think these guys would want to minimize the drama for their own sake), we've seen that you were correct. Props to you. But there was no way for us to know that anything you posted was based on anything other than your own theories/speculation.

I do wonder what sort of discussions went on before the guys vote Ahmed back...did EPMB (Mark Burnett) convey his wishes in some way to the guys (or to Sugar Ray/Stallone) in the hopes that they'd vote back Ahmed. Honestly, I can't fathom why any one of these guys would want to bring Ahmed back. Based upon the way in which the show is edited, you'd think that the guys have complete power over who of the eliminated/eligible fights would return - but for them to choose Ahmed seems a little fishy.

So were there clips of Ishe v. Sergio (I caught the Ahmed v. Alfonso stuff, but didn't see who Sergio was fighting for some reason)? I'm still curious about where you're getting your information...care to tell us

Got blog?

04-19-05, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superbad Click to send private message to Superbad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: FTR"
They were all spoilers dammit!!!!!

ChicagoTRS 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-18-05, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ChicagoTRS Click to send private message to ChicagoTRS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: No Credit..."
Why should they bring Tarick back? While I do not necessarily agree with bringing any of the losing fighters back I am glad MB remained consistent and allowed the fighters to vote on it again.

04-25-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finalround Click to send private message to finalround Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: No Credit..."
They should have had a better system, such as alternates.
Tarick should be back, since he did take a fighter out of the competition. Remember you should look at the score cards because the editing of the fights is slanted.

Sergio was actually out on his feet after his fight with Ishe. He was helped back to the corner. The editing was very unfare to Ishe.

04-18-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Contender1 Click to send private message to Contender1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: No Credit..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-05 AT 02:05 PM (EST)

First, I think Tarick should of came back simply for the reason that he and Juan had a close fight and he injured Juan enough to make him quit. SLY even mentions a little of that during the show saying he was "tough enough to knock Juan out of the tournament." I just think it would be the right thing to do maybe I'm thinking wrong.

Next, I can assure you guys that any info I get about this show is from this site. I hate spoilers myself and it wasn't my intention to provide that. How is it fun for us all to come in here and speculate if we can't brag when we are right? We all speculate, so are you telling me your hoping were all wrong? NO. The previews for the following week (last week) along with episode descriptions and SLY telling us that Juan was very beat up at the end of the show. As far as Ahmed coming back, it was almost a shot in the dark except for I wasn't sure they would vote this time and I know SLY loves Ahmed. If they did vote, I figured Bonsante and a couple others that Ishe is starting to burn bridges with a lot of people I thought people may try screwing him.

I have NO SPOILER INFO. So I take it as a compliment. Yes ishe and sergio are shown fighting before ahmed and fonso. I say sergio because I was never impressed with him till I watched his fight again, he's a beast and his length will give shay problems. Ishe is susceptible to a beating, if Ahmed was a little more polished he could of gave it to him.

AND IF YOU GUYS WANNA KNOW WHY THEY VOTED AHMED BACK GO WATCH THE EXCLUSIVE VIDEO AT CONTENDER.YAHOO.COM AND CLICK ON THE VEGAS REWARD. WATCH ISHE TALK HIS WAY INTO MORE SH*T

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-05, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-05 AT 05:29 PM (EST)

1) Frankly, I had a difficult time believing that Juan would quit. I mean, you wanted to box so badly that you went to Mexico so you could box at 15 ... and then you want to quit the first time you have a tough match? Geez.

2) I also had a VERY difficult time believing that Burnett would give somebody an effective "bye" into the second round. Giving someone a second chance in the first round was different, because that person still had to win to get through into the second. But a first-round bye? Nuts. Just nuts.

3) And, yeah, it was so obvious that no one like Ahmed that I never thought that they'd give him a second chance to win the million. I didn't think they'd bring anyone back, but if they did, I figured it would be Miguel after his down-to-the-last-round fight with Peter. I certainly wasn't expecting Stallone's all-out advocacy for Ahmed on the plane trip to Vegas.

So I was wrong on all three counts. Oh well. I've been wrong before. And Burnett's made dumb decisions on shows before. I just didn't think he'd make them on this show.

FFantasyFX 1011 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-19-05, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Thought #2"
>LAST EDITED ON 04-18-05
>AT 05:29 PM (EST)

>
>2) I also had a VERY
>difficult time believing that Burnett
>would give somebody an effective
>"bye" into the second round.
> Giving someone a second
>chance in the first round
>was different, because that person
>still had to win to
>get through into the second.
> But a first-round bye?
> Nuts. Just nuts.

Probably the most equitable solution would have been if the top two vote getters faced off for the right to advance to the 2nd round. That probably would have put production behind schedule and Burnett would have had to eat the costs for an extra episode. Still, a lot more fair to those that won in the first round than what EPMB pulled out of his hat of tricks.

I have to say that The Contender has been one of my favorite reality shows of the season. Only the disqualifications and the resulting machinations to get back on track have marred the show.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-19-05, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Thought #2"
You had to think in a competition which required partners in an NCAA Tourney format and also the fact that there injuries in boxing that something like this would happen. Personally I think that voting a guy back is a great idea. All boxers have different reasoning why to vote a boxer back. I have no problem with it.

04-25-05, 01:22 AM (EST)
16. "RE: No Credit..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-05 AT 01:23 AM (EST)

Contender 1: "By the way, jesse, joey, and alfonso vote ahmed back on the show, during the scene u see jesse wink at alfonso and joey talks bout him having 3 votes to "throw a wrench in this competetion." Ahmed is the wrench.

Ishe vs. Sergio will be a great fight, Sergio will win.".....

"I havo NO SPOILER INFO"

You're so full of sh*t...

04-25-05, 02:31 PM (EST)
20. "RE: No Credit..."
Superbad, believe what you want. Your just complimenting my prediction skills by making this thread. I have one more, jesse will knockout anthony. I'd like to lock this thread now that everyone has seen I made some good predictions.

04-25-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
21. "RE: No Credit..."
Your so full of it...

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "That's enough"
Discuss the show, not each other, folks.

04-25-05, 01:57 AM (EST)
18. "RE: No Credit..."
You are Dead On! You called it perfect. Joey is a faker, he throws challenges to make alliances. Jessis is a pompus #####, laughing during the fights with Joey mimicing him.
Jesse should have fought Ishe and backed up his words.
Jesse and Joey are making the show a more and more like Survivor

Previews show Peter and Joey fighting. Jesse must have screwed Joey and his alliance. Peter would nothave pick Joey (free truck), that means Peter did not win the challange. Joey would have picked Anthony to fight (injured hamstring). Thus, Jesse must have won the challenge, and kept Anthony for himself.
Jesse obviously picked him because he is injured.

They should have had Tarick back instead of Ahmed, since he took Juan out. I would like to see Tarick voted back.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •