The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Summary writing schedule for "The Contender""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Summary writing schedule for "The Contender""
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-05 AT 09:32 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-01-05 AT 11:06 AM (EST)

Anyone interested in writing a summary for "The Contender", please post your interest in this thread. If you already expressed interest on the Other Shows forum, please let me know of any potential date conflicts (if you haven't already). If you're already signed up for summaries for other shows, you don't need to let me know about them - I already have a list.

Speaking of the list, I will assign more episodes once I have a chance to go over that list. We do have confirmed writers for the first two summaries:

Episode 1 (3/7): I_AM)HE (confirmed)
Episode 2 (3/10): Volsfan (confirmed)
Episode 3 (3/13): KObrien_fan (confirmed)

Episode 4 (3/20): ARnutz
Episode 5 (3/27): Karragh
Episode 6 (4/3): ssshaw

More to come soon.

Scheduling update: The series will being airing in its normal Sunday timeslot on Sunday, March 13. There will be two preview episodes airing the previous week. The second is a new show, not just a retread of the first one, and will be airing after The Apprentice that Thursday night.

I'm working on the rest of the list - since a lot of you have summaries scheduled for other shows in March, I'm trying not to overload you.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Summary writing schedule for "T... volsfan 02-28-05 1
 RE: Summary writing schedule for "T... KObrien_fan 03-01-05 2
   RE: Summary writing schedule for "T... volsfan 03-05-05 4
       RE: Summary writing schedule for "T... KObrien_fan 03-05-05 5
           RE: Summary writing schedule for "T... volsfan 03-05-05 6
           RE: Summary writing schedule for "T... ARnutz 03-06-05 7
 RE: Summary writing schedule for "T... ARnutz 03-04-05 3
 RE: Summary writing schedule for "T... Karragh 03-07-05 8
 More added -please confirm Bebo 03-08-05 9
   3/20 is perfect! ARnutz 03-08-05 10
   RE: More added -please confirm Karragh 03-09-05 11
   RE: More added -please confirm ssshaw 03-30-05 14
 RE: Summary writing schedule for "T... thecontender 03-12-05 12
 Bump KObrien_fan 03-30-05 13
   RE: Bump thecontender 03-30-05 15
 Urgent request for summary writers Bebo 03-31-05 16
   RE: Urgent request for summary writ... PhoenixMons 03-31-05 17
       THANK YOU!!!!! Bebo 03-31-05 18
 Bump & Offer FFantasyFX 04-22-05 19
   RE: Bump & Offer VegasFightWriter 04-26-05 24
       OT: Bumps FFantasyFX 04-26-05 26
           RE: OT: Bumps VegasFightWriter 04-26-05 28
 Episodes 9 and 10 AyaK 04-26-05 20
   RE: Episodes 9 and 10 ARnutz 04-26-05 21
       Change of Plans? FFantasyFX 04-26-05 22
   RE: Episodes 9 and 10 VegasFightWriter 04-26-05 23
       RE: Episodes 9 and 10 pdaj 04-26-05 25
           Summaries FFantasyFX 04-26-05 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-05, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Summary writing schedule for "The Contender""
I don't have any real conflicts that I am aware of.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-05, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Summary writing schedule for "The Contender""
I'll be there for Episode 2, thanks Bebo.

03-05-05, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Summary writing schedule for "The Contender""
I got 2...you have 3. Right?

03-05-05, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Summary writing schedule for "The Contender""
Look at the date of my post Doc. Bebo edited after the show premiere date changed. Yes, I now have episode 3, and you have 2.

03-05-05, 09:14 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Summary writing schedule for "The Contender""
LOL! I am such an idiot sometimes!

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Summary writing schedule for "The Contender""
Vols just doesn't want to get bumped out of any summary assignments. He's such a DAW. *giggle*

03-04-05, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Summary writing schedule for "The Contender""
Just checking in again. I am still available for an epsiode (or 2 if necessary.)

The only conflict I have is an Apprentice summary for 3/31.

Thanks!

I also came over here because I found the same broadcast schedule. It looks like we will have a marathon first week!

Karragh 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-07-05, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karragh Click to send private message to Karragh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Summary writing schedule for "The Contender""
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-05 AT 11:49 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-07-05 AT 10:45 PM (EST)

Just thought I'd mention that I'm still available for summary writing for this series.

got to put my first summary in somewhere

03-08-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "More added -please confirm"
I have added more summaries to the main listing at the top of this thread. Please confirm your dates to me ASAP so that I can find other writers if needed. I tried to balance these episodes with current commitments to write for other shows (since ARnutz and ssshaw have Apprentice summaries coming up this month).

03-08-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
10. "3/20 is perfect!"
This is an excellent week for my episode, thanks Bebo!

Karragh 35 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karragh Click to send private message to Karragh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: More added -please confirm"
3/27 should be fine

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-30-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: More added -please confirm"
I am going have to decline a summary for The Contender for a couple of reasons:

1. I have not watched the show and I have no plans to.
2. My Apprentice summary has taken a little longer than I hoped, and it's causing me summary burnout.

So, you will have to find someone else. Sorry for the inconvenience.

thecontender 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-12-05, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender Click to send private message to thecontender Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Summary writing schedule for "The Contender""
Ok I am here to say sorry about posting summary for episode 2 called my recap and how I saw it. I did not know that summary and recap were the same thing English is not my native tongue. I should of checked my dictionary first

sum·ma·ry (sm-r)
adj.
1. Presenting the substance in a condensed form; concise: a summary review.
2. Performed speedily and without ceremony: summary justice; a summary rejection.
n. pl. sum·ma·ries
A presentation of the substance of a body of material in a condensed form or by reducing it to its main points; an abstract.

Noun 1. summary - a briefstatement that presents the main points in a concise form; "he gave a summary of the conclusions"

=====================================================

Again I am sooo sorry. But if you all need some one to a summary for the contender in the near future by all means ask.

Thank you for your attention in this matter;)

03-30-05, 07:18 AM (EST)
13. "Bump"

thecontender 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-30-05, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender Click to send private message to thecontender Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Bump"
I noticed this thread got bumped which means you are hinting that you need volunteers, right?
Well I was gonna say I can do episode 8 or 9 since this is going to be a double header. But if you all need me for 6 or 7 count me in.
Blah.

03-31-05, 00:37 AM (EST)
16. "Urgent request for summary writers"
Please let me know ASAP if you are available to summarize next week's episode. I'm also looking for writers for future episodes. Thanks!

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-31-05, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Urgent request for summary writers"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-05 AT 01:50 AM (EST)

I'd love to tackle a summary for The Contender. I'd be happy to step in for this week's episode (the 4/3 episode, right?). You might have to PM me to remind me when the show is on because I've missed it twice now (I rarely ever watch TV on Sunday nights and for some reason I have it in my head that it is not in the first slot of primetime)

Oh and if I were to do a future episode, it would have to be in April because I won't have internet/VCR access in May. I've got my AI summary on April 18th, so I guess that leaves 4/3 as the perfect week for me.

Got blog?

03-31-05, 06:57 AM (EST)
18. "THANK YOU!!!!!"
You've got next week's episode - thanks!

FFantasyFX 1011 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-22-05, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Bump & Offer"
Not sure what the state of the summary schedule is, but I would be willing to tackle quarterfinal round #4 (should be two weeks from this Sunday, unless they double up yet again).

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-26-05, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Bump & Offer"
Can someone who is more experienced on these boards tell me what it means when someone posts with the subject line "bump"? I am assuming that it means someone is trying to bring a thread back to life after a fallow period.

04-26-05, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "OT: Bumps"
Correct sir. Bump is just Internet shorthand. Once a thread has fallen off the front page, a person can "bump" it back up to the top of forum by replying. Usually, simply bumping a thread is frowned upon - you also need to add something to the conversation as well to show that the discussion has not petered out. Sign-up threads such as these are the only ones that are simply bumped for the purpose of getting forum-goers' attention.

04-26-05, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: OT: Bumps"
You learn something new every day. Thank you.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-05, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Episodes 9 and 10"
OK, it looks like this summary train has gone dead. So ... at some point tonight (I hope), I'm going to write a summary of episodes 9 and 10 entitled (appropriately enough) "Freaks and Hypocrites." Those of you who have read my posts probably have a good idea where I intend to take the summary (hint: Sly Stallone and Mark Burnett will not have it on their preferred reading list).

Anyone want to do any of the remaining episodes?

04-26-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Episodes 9 and 10"
Well, since you're asking...

Hmmm... I feel I was cheated out of my opportunity to bash this show (what with having episode 4 and all), so I would like to take another stab at it.

What are the dates of the remaining episodes? Is it 5/1, 5/8, 5/15 & 5/22 with the live final match at Ceasar's on 5/24?

I am hoping that I can be fit in sometime after the TAR finale (if possible). I also have to administer and grade final exams during that week. So I guess that means either 5/15 or 5/22 (I could do both if you don't get enough interest). I don't think I'd want to tackle the final live match.

*points up* FantasyFX has offered to do one as well (for 5/8?).

04-26-05, 05:21 PM (EST)
22. "Change of Plans?"
The 5/8 summary would work better with my schedule (I too have to grade final projects, but I'll be doing it this weekend), but I also really wanted to summarize Joey's second fight. Decisions, decisions . . . I'll go ahead and sign up for 5/1, if it pleases the schedule-makers. It may take me a couple days to finish it up, but it will be done by mid-week after the show.

04-26-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Episodes 9 and 10"
Sounds like I will particularly enjoy reading that summary!

pdaj 47 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-05, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdaj Click to send private message to pdaj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Episodes 9 and 10"
Where are the finished summaries located?

04-26-05, 11:44 PM (EST)
27. "Summaries"
http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/newssection.php?x=||1

Most recent summaries. For The Contender, there are summaries of episode one through four and six.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •