The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Juan...QUITS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

DTrump 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-15-05, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DTrump Click to send private message to DTrump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Juan...QUITS"
www.contender.yahoo.com
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Juan...QUITS nymel 04-15-05 1
 RE: Juan...QUITS volsfan 04-15-05 2
   Duplicate AyaK 04-16-05 3
       RE: Duplicate volsfan 04-16-05 4
 RE: Juan...QUITS kay_tin 04-17-05 5
   RE: Juan...QUITS VegasFightWriter 04-17-05 6
       RE: Juan...QUITS kay_tin 04-17-05 7
           RE: Juan...QUITS pauliebear 04-17-05 8
               RE: Juan...QUITS SheilaP 04-17-05 9
                   RE: Juan...QUITS mike13 04-18-05 10
                       RE: Juan...QUITS Superbad 04-18-05 11
                           RE: Juan...QUITS volsfan 04-18-05 12
                               RE: Juan...QUITS Wacko Jacko 04-18-05 13
                                   RE: Juan...QUITS Superbad 04-18-05 14
                                   RE: Juan...QUITS ChicagoTRS 04-18-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nymel 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-15-05, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nymel Click to send private message to nymel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Juan...QUITS"
Are you talking about the preview video? Doesn't he just say that if the cut is still tender when he has to fight again he won't do it? I guess the whole "quitting because of an injury thing" had nothing to do with Joey? I'm confused.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-05, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Juan...QUITS"
Interesting description of episode 9 on Yahoo here.

the challenge winner can either fight or choose the combatants.

Doesn't sound like anyone comes back. The winner has a choice!

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-05, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Duplicate"
>Interesting description of episode 9 on Yahoo here.

Uh... we already knew about that because of this thread.

04-16-05, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Duplicate"
The first time I read this thread and posted I didn't catch it. For some reason it didn't hit me until I went to Yahoo! and read it over there.

kay_tin 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-17-05, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kay_tin Click to send private message to kay_tin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Juan...QUITS"
Its just like NBC...give it all away before the actual episode. So unfair! On Yahoo the video preview is called "Cut and Run" and then there's Sugar Ray questioning why Juan is making such a big deal over a superficial wound.

Any thoughts on reasons why Juan might quit that don't have to do with the cut? He got the exposure he wanted? Decided he might get beat by one of the better boxers, so prove yourself and move on?

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-17-05, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Juan...QUITS"
From what I know of Mark Burnett shows: by him making it appear obvious that Juan quits, we can all safely assume that he doesn't.

kay_tin 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-17-05, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kay_tin Click to send private message to kay_tin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Juan...QUITS"
Hmm...not sure I completely agree, there were a couple really obvious clues on Apprentice ahead of time. But hey, maybe so...regardless I'll be watching. Contender has converted one person, I actually enjoy boxing now. Know nothing about it, but I enjoy it.

BTW, where's the poster who is so convinced Ahmed comes back?

pauliebear 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-17-05, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pauliebear Click to send private message to pauliebear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Juan...QUITS"
I'm right here and I'm standing by my prediction that he wins the whole thing... They show him knocking somebody down in the previews for next week.

SheilaP 12 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-05, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SheilaP Click to send private message to SheilaP Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Juan...QUITS"
I could have sworn that I saw him in the ring with Alfonso, and yes Ahmed really comes back. I don't know about him winning it all though... because i'm personally rooting for Joey.

mike13 14 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-05, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mike13 Click to send private message to mike13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Juan...QUITS"
Ahmed did not get one vote the first time the guys voted back Manfredo back. What makes this time around any different? Tarick should be the one to automatically come back with no vote since he is the one that put Juan out of commission. Tarick states clearly in his exit video on the contender website that hes not finished and this is a new beginning for him. That was edited out of the actual show. Im going to be pissed if they dont allow Tarick back. He is the one who deserves it. If it wasnt for him, Juan would not be going home.

Superbad 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-18-05, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superbad Click to send private message to Superbad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Juan...QUITS"
It looked like Ahmed in the preview for next week.

It looks like he's wearing different trunks than last time.

I think it's travesty to pass over Jonathan again.

Like Stallone said, "A 34-year old with 5 kids..."

5 kids, man.

They may be brave but they're definitely not business smart.
First Manfredo, now Ahmed...
I bet these guys' managers were going ape-sh*t after this.

04-18-05, 08:07 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Juan...QUITS"
They may be brave but they're definitely not business smart.

I think they are very business smart! If you were going to go into the ring for a million dollars would you rather fight Ahmed or Jonathan? These guys are doing what it takes for them to be the one in the ring at the end. IMHO!

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-18-05, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Juan...QUITS"
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-05 AT 09:10 AM (EST)

I would rather fight Jonathon. Most would. As a matter of fact I woudld rather fight anyone other than Ahmend. I don't understand there logic but we will find out.

Superbad 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-18-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superbad Click to send private message to Superbad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Juan...QUITS"
Exactly!

ChicagoTRS 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-18-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ChicagoTRS Click to send private message to ChicagoTRS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Juan...QUITS"
I agree Ahmed is one of the most dangerous fighters they could bring back.

As for Juan quitting I think it had a lot more to do with keeping his unbeaten record in tact and seeing he would likely be outclassed in his next fight than any injury.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •