The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR THE VEGAS FIGHT"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

finalround 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-20-05, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finalround Click to send private message to finalround Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR THE VEGAS FIGHT"
MAY 24TH IS THE FINAL SHOW. THE IS GOING TO BE 2 7 ROUND FIGHTS, ONE FOR THE MILLION DOLLARS AND THE OTHER ARE THE 2 LOSERS FROM THE QUARTER FINALS.

THEN THERE WILL BE 5 FIVE ROUND FIGHTS. THE PUBLIC GETS TO VOTE WHICH FIGHTERS GET TO FIGHT (LIKE AMERICAN IDOL VOTING).

TARICK SHOULD BE BROUGHT BACK! HE TOOK JUAN OUT OF THE COMPETITION AND DESERVES ANOTHER FIGHT. HE WAS UNFAIRLY EDITED IN THE SHOW. AT THE END OF THE CONTENDER EPISODE IN WHICH HE LOST, THEY EDITED TARICKS FARWELL, IT LOOKED AS IF HE WAS SAYING GOOD-BYE TO BOXING. IF YOU WATCH THE UN-EDITIED VERSION ON YAHOO
CONTENDER, YOU WILL SEE HE IS NOT ENDING HIS CAREER, HE IS MAKING HIS COMEBACK!

CONTENDER-http://media2.yahoo.com/player/contender/?k=/eps/1ep7/clip10

I DO NOT THINK WE NEED TO SEE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FIGHTERSON THE MAY 24TH CARD:
1).AHMED FOR THE THIRD TIME
2) JEFF(CHICKEN POX)(HE SHOULD BE GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE ON THE SECOND SEASON)
3).AHTHONY (HIS WORD MEANS NOTHING, AFTER WHAT HE DID TO BRENT)
4).JONATHON REID (HE DID NOT EVEN GET ONE VOTE TO COME BACK FROM THE FIGHTERS.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR... FFantasyFX 04-20-05 1
   RE: TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR... VegasFightWriter 04-20-05 2
       RE: TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR... finalround 04-21-05 6
   RE: TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR... finalround 04-20-05 3
   RE: TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR... finalround 04-20-05 4
       RE: TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR... mike13 04-21-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FFantasyFX 1011 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-20-05, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR THE VEGAS FIGHT"
From a competitive standpoint, Tarik possibly would be the worst boxer to bring back. It's shocking that he wasn't able to knockout an undisciplined fighter like Juan, and his poor performance is a testament to his long time out of the ring. He moved like a broken down tank during the fight. Honestly, I'm not sure he could have beaten any of the initial twelve boxers, and he certainly can't beat any of the remaining seven.

Your other information, if correct, is certainly interesting. I'm glad that the final bout will be over seven rounds, and an undercard between the two semifinal losers should be entertaining as well.

And you say that after The Contender is over, there will be five additional fights selected by the public? Or are these packaged with the finale? That would be one long event - it would have to be three hours.

Anyway, I'd like to see a source. How did you come upon this info?

FFFX

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-20-05, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR THE VEGAS FIGHT"
It's actually the other way around. Popular match-ups first, then the finals, as posted earlier.
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID85/114.shtml

04-21-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finalround Click to send private message to finalround Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR THE VEGAS FIGHT"
YOUR RIGHT IT IS ALL ABOUT THE POPULARITY. THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE SHOW, THEY CAN EDIT YOU TO BE THE POPULAR OR HATED.
IT IS UNFORNTUANTE, BECAUSE THIS IS NOT LIKE A SURVIVOR SHOW, WHERE THEY ARE JUST PLAYING FOR THE MONEY. THIS IS THERE CAREER. EVERY FIGHTER NEEDS POPULARITY. OTHERWISE THEY DON'T GET SIGNED BY HBO OR SHOWTIME. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE UNCUT FOOTAGE IN A DVD SET. LOOK HOW THEY ARE MAKING JOEY POPULAR. FATHER BACK FROM AFGHANASTN ETC. IN REALITY, A FIGHTER WITH ONLY 8 FIGHTS SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ON THE SHOW. THE SHOW WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR FIGHTERS WHO HIT AN ARTIFICAL CEILING, THAT KEPT THEM FROM RISING TO THE TOP OF THE SPORT, AND TO BE GIVEN A CHANCE FOR A SHOT AT THE TITLE. JOEY HAS FOUGHT 8 TIMES IN 8 YEARS. WHAT KIND OF CAREER IS THAT.
ANYONE PRO IN TOP 50 WOULD HURT HIM ALONG WITH EVERY AMATURE ON THE OLYMPIC OR PAN AMERICAN TEAM, NATIONAL TEAM.

04-20-05, 06:30 PM (EST)
3. "RE: TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR THE VEGAS FIGHT"
All championship fights have at least 6 to 8 fights on the under card. Cesars Palace has been known for 8-10 fights on the undercard. All of the fights are not aired. The cards start around 5:30pm with the main even begining aound 8:00-8:30pm pacific time.

The producers of the show knew that Tarick would have ring rust. He has been out of the ring for over 3 years. Thats what is so good about the show. If everyone had relativley the same records and the same activity, that would be noting more then any boxing card you can see on Fight Night. What is so good about The Contender is that some of the fighters like Tarick, had to rely on experience. His fight was raw youth against age and experience. It was great watching Tarick suck it up and keep going. The fight was razor close, I was there. The editing on the show, did not show it was as close as it was. They did not want every fight to look the same, even going into the 5th round. Juan dropping out of the competition attests to the fact that even though Tarick was timiing could not be worse, his punching power took Juan out of the competition.

Anything you may not know is that the size of the ring was not a regualtion size ring. The California State Boxing Commision made an exception for the show. The ring was 12'x12'. Nevada is not allowing this size ring, thus the final show will have a regulation size ring. The small ring does not allow a boxer to move and slip punches. It keeps the fighters toe to toe slugging it out. Being the at Tarick is a tall middleweight 6'1", there was not where for him to move. When you are have ring rust (poor timing) you need to use your boxing skills to slip punches. If such a small ring there is no where to move, thus it is very hard to slip punches. As you know, the ance of good "footwork" is just as important to a fighter as is good punching skills. The 12 ft. ring takes away a fighters ability to use their "footwork". Tarick was unable to use his foot work,which is something a skilled boxer relys on. This gave Juan another advantage. Juan has no footwork, so he was not missing one of his skills. Juan was just a wild puncher, with great staminia. He was able to throw 70 punches a round. No one on the show wanted to fight Juan. That is why Juan fought when he did. If you ever saw Butterbean fight, this is very similar. Butterbean has challenged every heavyweight champion from Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, and Michael Moorer. There has not been a champion in the past 10 years that he has not challenged. The purses were in the millions and has accepted his challange. Because Butterbean only wants a 4 round fight. He will not fight 10 rounds. Butterbean is what he is, though everyone knows he is able to continue to throw for for straight rounds. It is hard to beat someone in 4 rounds, when they don't stop punching (it is like an amature fight). If Dela Hoya Vs. Vargas would have been 4 rounder Dela Hoya would have been easlily beaten. Dela Hoya weatherd the barage, and knocked Vargas out in the championship rounds. Expiernce prevailed. Look what happend to Tyson, eveyone in recent years can weather his 4 round storm and he looses in the later rounds.

This why I would like to see Tarick return. He has the experience, and with proper conditioning, and training, I would like to see a skilled boxer fight a strong puncher (Holyfield Vs Tyson).

I am not sure if you are aware, though from the time the producers notified the fighters that they were chosen, they only had 10 weeks to train. If you read Taricks interviews, he was ranked No.4 by the WBO in the Super Middle Weight division (168). He fought on Prince Nassem's WBC Feather Weight Championship against Cesar Soto that was on HBO. He had to loose 25lbs in 10 weeks to make 160lbs (Middle Weight).

On May 24th I will be at the final fight. I hope we all get to see fighters that will able to fight current middle weight conternders. If all these fighters can do is slug for 5 rounds in a 12 ft. ring, they will never make it into the top ten of the Middle Weight Division. They will need an array of boxing skills which that they can rely on for 12 rounds of boxing.

In a regulation ring,

04-20-05, 08:39 PM (EST)
4. "RE: TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR THE VEGAS FIGHT"
REMEMBER A SPRINTER CAN EASILY BEAT A DISTANCE RUNNER IN A SHORT RACE. PROFESSIONAL BOXING IF THE LONG RACE 10 AND 12 ROUND FIGHTS. JUAN FIGHTS LIKE AN AMATURE, HE THREW AS MANY PUNCHES AS HE COULD FOR 4 ROUNDS. IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE A GREAT 18 OR 19 YEAR OLD CHAMPION. THOUGH THE LAST TIME WE SAW THAT WAS IN THE MID-80'S...MIKE TYSON. LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO VARGAS, TOO MUCH TO FAST, IT RUINED HIS CAREER FOR THE MOST PART. LOOK AT ALL THE OLYMPIC MEDIALISTS FROM THE 2000, AND 2004 GAMES. THEY WERE GREAT 4 ROUND FIGHTERS, WHY HAVE THERE BEEN NO WORLD CHAMPIONS FROM THESE GAMES. IT IS NOT EASY FOR 4 ROUND FIGHTERS TO BECOME 10 ROUND FIGHTERS. I HOPE THE CONTENDER CAN GIVE US A FEW TOP TEN CONTENDERS AS OPPOSSED TO GOOD 4 ROUND FIGHTERS. IF THE OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS HAVE NOT CROSSED OVER, I DO NOT THINK FIGHTERS LIKE JUAN, OR AHMED WILL EVER MAKE IT. THAT IS WHY I WANT TO GIVE THE VETRANS ANTOTHER CHANCE IN VEGAS. TODAY, THE HIGHEST PAID BOXERS, BOXERS WITH HBO AND SHOWTIME ARE IN THEIR 30'S. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SALMACI AND REID IN VEGAS.

mike13 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-21-05, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mike13 Click to send private message to mike13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TARICK SHOULD BE VOTED BACK FOR THE VEGAS FIGHT"
I strongly agree with you final round. I hope we see the fighters who paid their dues comeback for another shot in the finale. They are the ones who deserve it. I know the results would have been different if the fights were the standard ten rounds. And I agree Tarick should have came back by default, since he is the one that took Juan out..

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •