The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Peter Manfredo Jr."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

boxingfan 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail boxingfan Click to send private message to boxingfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Peter Manfredo Jr."
I read somewhere that Peter will be brought back and will show everyone why he was considered the most talented figther coming into the show..I also found his website..It's awesome check it out..

www.manfredojr.com

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Peter Manfredo Jr. thecontender 03-09-05 1
   RE: Peter Manfredo Jr. Smooth23 03-09-05 2
 RE: Peter Manfredo Jr. FarwestChips 03-09-05 3
   RE: Peter Manfredo Jr. VegasFightWriter 03-09-05 4
       RE: Peter Manfredo Jr. FarwestChips 03-09-05 5
           RE: Peter Manfredo Jr. boxingfan 03-09-05 6
           RE: Peter Manfredo Jr. VegasFightWriter 03-09-05 7
               Estrada AyaK 03-09-05 8
                   RE: Estrada VegasFightWriter 03-09-05 10
               RE: Peter Manfredo Jr. FarwestChips 03-09-05 9
   RE: Peter Manfredo Jr. Radical 04-08-05 11
       RE: Peter Manfredo Jr. Throwback 04-12-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

thecontender 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender Click to send private message to thecontender Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Peter Manfredo Jr."
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 02:20 PM (EST)

Thanks boxingfan. So, I guess this defete at the hands of Alfonso Gomez on The Contender, does not affect his ranking of 21-0 ?
Can some one tell me more about how this works? Thanks

Go West Coast! GO!

Too bad he lost so early in the show He seemed like a great person. Hopefully he can bounce back from this and get back to winning.

It would be nice to see him come back to The Contender but I doubt it will be to fight. I wonder what they would bring him back for? Water/towel boy? Like Rocky did in his movie? LOL. I can't think of anything else they would have him do on or around the show. I know this sounds mean. My bad.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-09-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Peter Manfredo Jr."
It should reflect his record, but the website probably hasn't been updated since the show. After all he couldn't show that he lost before the show aired.

FarwestChips 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-09-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarwestChips Click to send private message to FarwestChips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Peter Manfredo Jr."
I will say it again;
Jonathan Reid is considered to be the best fighter. Why? because he is the only one to fight a top ranked fighter, if Reid can fight his cravings to rob Gas Stations he will win it all.
Manfredo was 21-0 and only ever faught one good fighter well maybe two if you count Anthony Bonsante who is of course on the show,(how did that happen?) 21-0 reps nothing! Hopkins was 21-1 does that one loss make him less of a fighter than Manfredo? Records are only as strong as the fighters you faught and Manfredo has yet to fight anyone world class. The best fighter he ever faught was Alfonso Gomez who is ranked 32nd in the world, Manfredo is ranked 39th, and you saw what Alfonso Gomez did to him.
That first fight went off as it should have, editing just made people that dont follow boxing think it was an early upset.
Im sure it wont be the only time in the season they trick you.

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Peter Manfredo Jr."
Reid is certainly not the only one to have fought a world ranked fighter. Ishe Smith has a win over former WBO champ Randall Bailey, for example. While it is true that records can be misleading, boxers know boxers, and Manfredo was definitely regarded as one of the big favorites. He is considered a very good fighter, as is Smith, as is Mora. Khaddour is considered pretty decent but something of an unknown factor. What may wrk in Rei'd favor is that he is a super middleweight coming down to middle, whereas Smith, for example, is a welterweight moving up.

03-09-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarwestChips Click to send private message to FarwestChips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Peter Manfredo Jr."
Where I may argue with you over some the names on your list I will not argue over Ishe, you are correct he has faught some big names and I have left him out of alot of my posts.
He did put a whoopin on Bailey but I give him more props for his win over David Estrada. Estrada at one point was my pick to rule the devision, and if he stops Mosley in April he will put Ishe higher on my list.
I did pick Ishe to win but there are a few Oh no's in there and I have to put Reid on the top of that Oh no list, as long as Reid can stay focused. But those of us that have had our hearts broken by great fighters that cant help but be punks know Reid may very well yet again defeat himself.
Sorry I have left Ishe out of so many posts, but as I always do on messy's I have found myself posting more about the negitives than the positives.
My bad. So I do agree with you on Ishe, but have some things to say about some of the others on your list, however being that I am an over the hill punch drunk never a contender fighter, I am being told that it is time to go eat, and its taco day so I will have to post later.
I am loving your post and hope you stay on your insight is awsome.
Later

boxingfan 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail boxingfan Click to send private message to boxingfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Peter Manfredo Jr."
These fights do count on there record so Manfredo is now 21-1..

However, doesn't mean that is what his record will be when the show ends..

03-09-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Peter Manfredo Jr."
You're right; I meant to mention Ishe's win over Estrada, which may prove to be his best to this point. Ishe reckons Estrada could actually beat Mosley next month, and I have heard thatShane is killing himself coming down from 154, so who knows?

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Estrada"
Hard to believe that, since Ishe beat Estrada, Estrada has managed to advance (with wins over the overrated Suleymanoglu and the TKO of Christopher Smith) to a fight with Shane Mosley. Even with Mosley's brace of losses to both Vernon Forrest and Ronald Wright, he's still a star ... and Estrada has a chance to be one himself if he could pull off an upset.

03-09-05, 05:15 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Estrada"
I agree. I like Shane, and I thought he fought well in his last fight against Wright, despite losing. I figure he is in a different class than Estrada. But if, as I have heard, he is going to suffer to make 147, then a pressure fighter like Estrada could at least make things interesting. There are also ongoing and widespread rumors (unsubstantiated) that the reason Shane looked bigger in his second fight against Oscar De La Hoya was not just due to lifting weights and eating Wheaties. IF true (and although he was asked to testify before the BALCO grand jury, I'm not saying that it is, in case any Mosley-related lawyers are reading), that may also have taken a toll on his body. I still think Shane wins, though.

03-09-05, 05:00 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Peter Manfredo Jr."
Wow, I have not heard that Shane is fighting to make weight!
Can you imagine how great this devision would be if we could keep guys out of court and at a steady weight? BRB I must go masturbate...Im back, Sorry but the thought of what could be in this devision if fighters would stay focused turns me on.
But again to clarify, I do like Ishe, he is a great fighter with a huge future, but I will continue to argue that the first fight went off as it should have. The better boxer won. Manfredo is just not that good, but a great deal of editing made the fight look like an upset.
I do have to say Shane is as pretty as they come, and I hope he gets it worked out, his athletic ability is that of a Greek god.
But I think Estrada Takes him early, and I would of loved to see Estratda on the contender, he has payed his dues, And what about Joppy, wow would that have been a twist. Im a bit old school, I love Joppy.
In fact I think I will start a new post, asking who else would have been fun to have on the show, maybe we can help season two.
VegasFightWriter I would love your imput on this, I will start it now.

Radical 7 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-05, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Radical Click to send private message to Radical Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Peter Manfredo Jr."
Sorry to bust your bubble about Gomez, but,
SPOILERS

. Apperantly, Manfredo and GOmez meet again, and this time Peter is going to show us what the hype is all about. (TKO) im not sure what round but i hear Gomez gets his jaw broke. He really gets hurt. And Yes, Manfredo and Mora meet in Las vegas. That's not just a rumor.

Throwback 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-12-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Throwback Click to send private message to Throwback Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Peter Manfredo Jr."
I like Estrada very much against Shane on the 23rd. One source tells me that Estrada had a 100+ temperature the night he fought Ishe. I saw the fight and was very impressed with Estrada.

Shane is the master of frenetic movement. It's like a mirage and will put judges in a trance. His punches are nor sharp, he has very bad accuracy for a such a world class level fighter. I really like Estrada to beat him.

I can't believe Ishe lost in this thing if all of this is true, and I do beleive you though. Just thought he would destroy this thing with the greatest of ease. His handspeed is so awesome he is somebody when you are ringside that you are just in awe of.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •