The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55738 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-28-13, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread."
And now a brief pause for our annual game of Find The Turkey.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread... Snidget 11-28-13 1
 RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread... Snidget 12-01-13 2
   RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread... AyaK 12-02-13 4
       RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread... PepeLePew13 12-02-13 5
           RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread... Estee 12-03-13 7
               RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread... cahaya 12-04-13 9
           RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread... cahaya 12-03-13 8
 RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread... Max Headroom 12-01-13 3
   RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread... bullzeye 12-03-13 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44281 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-13, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread."
I know it has been a couple of years, and some girls do look older when all made up, but

When did Jackie Evancho turn 30?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 44281 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-13, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread."
So, another Panther game another picked up flag.

Now part of me is happy as it, so far, has been going in the Kitty's favor, but it seems to be heading towards being a regular event.

Do we just have some flag-happy refs, or are they really getting good calls reversed by a whomever?

AyaK 10269 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-13, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread."
I think all questions about referee quality have been answered -- in the negative -- by the third-down FUBAR at the end of the Giants-Redskins game.

In a league with quality refereeing, Jeff Triplette would be an ex-referee today, or at least demoted (my choice: chain crew). But in the NFL, heck, he'll probably be given the Super Bowl to referee.

PepeLePew13 24880 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-13, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread."
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-13 AT 01:16 PM (EST)

A brief history of FUBAR moves involving Triplette - be interesting to see what kind of compromising pictures he has of the top bananas in the commissioner's office.

Mistakes made by Jeff Triplette and/or members of his crew:

-- 12/1/13: Snafu with movement of down & distance chains in New York-Washington game.

-- 9/30/12: Triplette blows whistle to call Darren Sproles down on contact while Sproles is still upright and in the process of fumbling the ball; blown whistle = no fumble = next play.

-- 12/26/11: Triplette picks up a flag thrown for holding (that should have been called) and tells the stadium and the TV audience that there was no holding "because it was a screen." No such rule exists.

-- 11/27/11: Triplette can't correctly inform Chargers & Broncos of rules for overtime; Triplette is forced to clarify rules to stadium during commercial break.

-- 12/25/10: Member of Triplette's crew throws penalty flag into face mask of 3rd string QB Stephen McGee of Dallas, almost forcing emergency QB into play for McGee who was forced in after injury to Jon Kitna.

-- 11/15/09: Triplette incorrectly starts a challenge review of a fumble when Green Bay had no challenges to use; he then fails to call penalty on Green Bay for challenging the play when they had no challenges left.

-- 12/3/06: Triplette's crew grants Detroit a timeout when they have none left; no penalty was called and Triplette admitted to both coaches and the reporters after the game the timeout should not have been given; Triplette was quoted after the game, "So, best to ignore it, best to play on."

-- 12/19/99: Triplette throws penalty flag into eye of Orlando Brown causing injury; after apologies are given, a timeout is called for injury to Brown; Triplette then prevents Brown from returning to field because the injury timeout was for Brown; Brown is out of league for next three seasons recovering from eye injury.

Estee 55738 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-13, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread."
With that kind of record, he has nothing on the commissioner: he's just being groomed as the next commissioner.

cahaya 19005 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-13, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread."
Just today, an interesting article and interview with Gene Steratore in SI about the life and job of an NFL referee. If you've seen the replay on TV half a dozen times, they've seen it several dozen.

cahaya 19005 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-13, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread."
How about this one involving Triplette? (11/18/2001)

But he couldn't match the theatrics Indianapolis quarterback Peyton Manning came up with against the New Orleans Saints last Sunday.

Manning's fake was so good that he faked out the referee.

"I've been saving that one for a while," he said.

After throwing a 14-yard pass with 14 seconds left, the Colts rushed to the line and Manning took the snap just as the clock ticked to 0:00.

He turned to referee Jeff Triplette with the football in his hand and his head shaking.

"I unbuckled my chin strap and kind of whined and pleaded for one more second," he said.

Manning turned away in disgust and began jogging around right end. He appeared to be heading toward the locker room in disgust, even though the locker room was on the other side of the field.

When he got to the end zone, the Colts wanted a touchdown. But Triplette said he had gone for the fake and blown the whistle and the play was dead. After huddling, the officials put a second back on the clock and the Colts kicked a field goal.

From ESPN game recap: "I looked and there was still one second left when I blew," referee Jeff Triplette said.

Max Headroom 10057 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-13, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread."
Each week the Colts find new ways to make things interesting. To change things up this week, they decided to not give up 8,355 touchdowns in the first half and then mount a furious comeback in the second half. Instead they relied on the right leg of their geriatric kicker, only deciding to do something effective on offense in the last half of the fourth quarter.

But a win is a win. That's progress.

bullzeye 4991 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-03-13, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NFL Week #13 Complaining Thread."
I thought you were commenting on the Patriots as of late.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •