The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The NFL explains the survival of the bully culture to you."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55650 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-05-13, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The NFL explains the survival of the bully culture to you."
Nothing is in any way the fault of the person who unleashes a storm of racist and homophobic terms combined with personal threats against anyone and their family.

Everything is the fault of the person who mentions what happened to anyone else instead of finding Subject A and, completely beyond all witnesses and accounts, silently punching them in the face.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20131104/nfl-personnel-question-jonathan-martin-richie-incognito/

In retrospect, I wasn't expecting anything more from a football-based culture either.

Because in the NFL's normal model, the bully fills a uniform better than the target.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The NFL explains the survival o... Snidget 11-05-13 1
   RE: The NFL explains the survival o... Estee 11-05-13 2
 RE: The NFL explains the survival o... PepeLePew13 11-05-13 3
   RE: The NFL explains the survival o... Round Robin 11-06-13 4
       RE: The NFL explains the survival o... HobbsofMI 11-06-13 5
           RE: The NFL explains the survival o... Round Robin 11-06-13 6
           RE: The NFL explains the survival o... Estee 11-06-13 7
   RE: The NFL explains the survival o... cahaya 11-06-13 8
       RE: The NFL explains the survival o... Snidget 11-06-13 9
 Jawohl! Estee 11-06-13 10
   RE: Jawohl! cahaya 11-07-13 11
       RE: Jawohl! Snidget 11-07-13 12
           RE: Jawohl! Estee 11-07-13 13
               RE: Jawohl! Snidget 11-07-13 14
 Disagree AyaK 11-07-13 15
   RE: Disagree Estee 11-08-13 16
   RE: Disagree HobbsofMI 11-08-13 17
   RE: Disagree HobbsofMI 11-13-13 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44226 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-13, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The NFL explains the survival of the bully culture to you."
*sigh*

Good things he isn't a girl or they would have said he shouldn't have dressed that way.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-05-13, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The NFL explains the survival of the bully culture to you."
Don't feel you have to leave that out. Given the language already used and the 'culture' of the locker room, I'm pretty much certain someone in football has already declared Mr. Martin to be female.

PepeLePew13 24839 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-13, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The NFL explains the survival of the bully culture to you."
Incognito, per the Oxford dictionary: “Under false name, with identity concealed.”

Incognito, the NFL player: Under suspension, with true identity revealed.

Round Robin 2275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-06-13, 03:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The NFL explains the survival of the bully culture to you."
Incognito has flushed his career right down the toilet, and as more comes out about this, might prove to have taken others down with him, especially his head coach. We haven't heard the last of this, that's for damn sure.

HobbsofMI 15986 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-13, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The NFL explains the survival of the bully culture to you."
Martin has just flushed his NFL career down the toilet too. He has the rep of being soft and I would bet no one wants him on their team now.

The coach should be fired from what I've heard. He keeps claiming that he didn't know but why not say what the heck is going on when Martin walked out and go find out. It sounds like A Few Good Men...he's the colonel who ordered the code red.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

Round Robin 2275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-06-13, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The NFL explains the survival of the bully culture to you."
Somebody who gets stuck for a lineman due to a blizzard of injuries might bring Martin in, I can see that. But if the coaches are proven to have given Incognito this order, Philbin himself and maybe one or more of his assistants might have flushed their careers down the same toilet Incognito flushed his, and it would be unfair to Incognito if it were otherwise.

11-06-13, 11:26 AM (EST)
7. "RE: The NFL explains the survival of the bully culture to you."
Which makes me wonder if Martin could try for whistleblower protections.

cahaya 18977 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-13, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The NFL explains the survival of the bully culture to you."
Incognito, per the Oxford dictionary: “Under false name, with identity concealed.”

Or Incognito, per the Dolphins locker room: "Under false race, with true race concealed."

Well, I've spoken to multiple people today about this and the explanation from all of them is that in the Dolphins locker room, Richie Incognito was considered a black guy. He was accepted by the black players. He was an honorary black man.

And Jonathan Martin, who is bi-racial, was not. Indeed, Martin was considered less black than Incognito.

"Richie is honarary," one player who left the Dolphins this offseason told me today. "I don't expect you to understand because you're not black. But being a black guy, being a brother is more than just about skin color. It's about how you carry yourself. How you play. Where you come from. What you've experienced. A lot of things."

11-06-13, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The NFL explains the survival of the bully culture to you."
Gosh reminds me of Jr. High. If you will pick on this kid we don't want to accept as one of our group we will let you in our group.

11-06-13, 06:03 PM (EST)
10. "Jawohl!"
The latest story: unnamed Dolphins coaches told Incognito that Martin was too soft and they wanted him toughened up. So --

-- just following orders!

cahaya 18977 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-13, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jawohl!"
Former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Lydon Murtha: It's an Animal House.

That’s why the coaches told the leaders, bring him out of his shell. Figure him out a little bit.

That’s where Incognito ran into a problem. Personally, I know when a guy can’t handle razzing. You can tell that some guys just aren’t built for it. Incognito doesn’t have that filter. He was the jokester on the team, and he joked with everybody from players to coaches. That voicemail he sent came from a place of humor, but where he really screwed up was using the N-word. That, I cannot condone, and it’s probably the biggest reason he’s not with the team right now. Odd thing is, I’ve heard Incognito call Martin the same thing to his face in meetings and all Martin did was laugh. Many more worse things were said about others in the room from all different parties. It’s an Animal House.

11-07-13, 02:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Jawohl!"
Yeah, that darn humor that gets you kicked off of multiple football teams at multiple levels of the sport and gets you voted onto several "dirtiest players in the NFL" lists.

If only all those coaches and players and everyone else would laugh with him rather than acting like poor little Richie has a problem everything would be OK.

11-07-13, 02:49 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Jawohl!"
Then everything is on the way to OK because today, they're laughing with him.

You have to hear the radio interviews and read some of the press exerts from his current and former teammates. It's Defend Richie And Win A Guaranteed Contract Day. Did you know the relationship between the two was really a sibling one? It's absolutely true! And it will remain so as long as football fans are lining up to believe it -- and Martin doesn't speak.

11-07-13, 03:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Jawohl!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-13 AT 03:36 PM (EST)

Who knows if we will ever really get Martin's side of the story. The way things are going it sounds like no one would ever give him a fair hearing so he may never speak out.

It is hard to believe any guy who made it to the NFL is a complete nancy boy who can't take a little emotional pain. And this does seem to be a pattern for Incognito so hard to believe he was just always the nicest guy who sometimes told a joke that landed a bit flat.

Wonder how many are supporting Richie because they don't want to be the next one to be at the wrong end of his "humor".

Having been at the wrong end of bullying, yeah, sometimes you laugh along or don't say anything because the choice is "go along" and it will only get 4X worse the next round vs "react" to it and it will be 10X worse. And for the "just fight back" well most of the time that counts as "react", maybe 1% of the time it makes them stop, but mostly it just ups the 10X worse for reacting to 11.

The old sometimes you have to dive into the cesspool to avoid the even worse thing.

The only thing I have seen stop bullying in its tracks is a culture shift. Saw it when I went from a Jr. high where "kids will be kids" to a high school where bullying was seen as the worst kind of immaturity and got you shunned by the cool kids. 6 years of bullying stopped dead in 2 weeks. Now I don't know that you can do that kind of culture shift in the same building with all the same leadership, but you can dump a bully into a culture where he will stop because the cost is more than the pleasure is worth.

AyaK 10233 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-13, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Disagree"
Didn't any of you ever know any pro football players? I have to believe that the answer is no. Didn't you at least see North Dallas Forty? On a scale of behavior from 1 to 10, where 10 is Gandhi and 1 is Freddy Krueger, pro football players would rate around 2.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. I agree with Hobbs (rare in and of itself!) that Martin is done in pro football. Incognito is probably done too, but only for PR reasons (and not even because he's a cementhead). Martin is done because he sucks as a player.

The fact that Martin left the team only after he'd been told that he'd lost his starting left tackle job and would now backup at right tackle makes me very suspicious of his claims about mental torment. Apparently he left the team on his own after the demotion -- only to learn that, under the CBA, the team didn't have to pay him because he left the team voluntarily.

Maybe I'm cynical, but whenever I see anything like this, I look at the money. What I see is a guy (Martin) who doesn't want to be part of the NFL as a scrub, but still wants to get paid. His agents are trying to put pressure on the team to pay him, even though he's quit.

11-08-13, 11:39 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Disagree"
Y'do realize you just listed the reason most of us don't want to know any pro football players?

I can see that. And with the lawyers now involved, if it wasn't about money before, it's about to be. And yes, there's a little irony that, as one local sports talk host just said, if you get accused of murder, you're back in the league, if you drive drunk, you're back in the league, if you kill dogs, you're back in the league, if you leave a voice mail, g'bye. It doesn't change the fact that Incognito's a jerk: he's just one who got caught.

For Martin to plot this... it's possible. But he still seems to have gotten himself a whole lot of evidence to work with. And in the end, for some juries, it might not be a case of 'Did he gather?' as 'Did it happen?'

11-08-13, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Disagree"
Hey!!!!!!!!

11-13-13, 10:32 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Disagree"
The more and more that comes out I think the support is now swinging to Incognito and away from Martin.

I still think both are done but both will have lawsuits.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •