The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The '18 & '22 World Cup sites."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-04-10, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The '18 & '22 World Cup sites."
Anyone else think the minimum FIFA bribe requirement went way up?

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/5878513/money-talks-england-us-walk

I look forward to seeing Qatar go 0-4 in the first round with thirty goals scored against. Because I can. And because any country which makes short skirts illegal (because dying from the heat is a sign of respect towards their deity) deserves a whole lot worse.

'Buy your ticket! Get deported! No refunds!'

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites. AyaK 12-04-10 1
   RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites. Starshine 12-04-10 2
       RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites. byoffer 12-06-10 5
           RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites. AyaK 12-06-10 6
               RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites. Estee 12-06-10 7
                   RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites. AyaK 12-06-10 9
                       RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites. Estee 12-06-10 10
           RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites. Starshine 12-06-10 8
 RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites. michel 12-04-10 3
   RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites. Estee 12-05-10 4
 Gay teen recruits will naturally be... Estee 12-24-10 11
 Blood for oil soccer. Estee 10-03-13 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10160 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-10, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites."
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-10 AT 06:30 PM (EST)

I was waiting for someone else to weigh in on this, but...

FIFA is the most corrupt multinational body in the world. By contrast, the IOC look like small-timers. Heck, even Al Capone looks like a piker by comparison.

Hosting the 2018 World Cup in Russia is at least understandable, even if the event would have been much more fun in the U.K. Germany was supporting Russia, since its ex-PM is a Russian lobbyist, and Germany has oversized weight in FIFA. Plus, Britain has been trying to send all the crooks in FIFA to jail for violating EU corruption law. What better for FIFA than to stay outside the EU in Switzerland and Russia?

But Qatar? It's the most inappropriate place in the world other than Antarctica. There can be no explanation other than colossal bribes for this result.

I saw NYT sports idiot George Vescey was trying to defend it. All he did was make himself look brain-damaged, but then that summarizes virtually everyone involved with the Times.

Holding the World Cup in Qatar simply means the worst World Cup possible ... what Voltaire would call "the worst of all possible worlds." That should be Sepp Blaetter's legacy: big bribes and the worst World Cup possible.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Starshine 4958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-04-10, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites."
I didn't kick in because it is the only news story over here at the moment.

Apart from the logistics Russia is a good choice, although their tactics look a little suspicious, Qatar win more medals in the Olympics than one would expect although I would hope that they are going to play the games late at night, mind you a World Cup without beer will not be popular.

Something does need to be done about FIFA and of course all our journalists are gunning for them now, but a change to the voting system has to happen after this.

This may be the end of the Atlanta effect as well the US may be able to start winning major events again

byoffer 15828 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-10, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites."
Qatar win more medals in the Olympics than one would expect

Huh? My research says they have only ever won two medals.

Is this more than one would expect? Maybe.

As one would expect, neither is by a female competitor.

12-06-10, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites."
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-10 AT 08:37 PM (EST)

One of those medals was a bronze in the 1500m in Barcelona 1992. Quite an achievement. I imagine it must be hard to run fast with several pounds of explosives strapped to your body.

Edited to add: Yes, I realize that I just branded all Qataris as terrorists. Yes, I'm aware that they are not all terrorists. But I don't care. I'm getting tired of the last terrorist even at an international sporting meet being the Centennial Park bombing in Atlanta by American pro-life nutcase Eric Rudolph.

12-06-10, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites."
I'm so gonna tell Jeff MacGregor you said that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=macgregor/101206

12-06-10, 08:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites."
MacGregor, what a maroon.

Instead of his silly, snide remarks about Connecticut, he might have noted that Qatar has a total of 1.7 million people, of whom about 1 million live in Doha, the country's only real city. By contrast, Connecticut has 3.6 million people, with no city of even 150,000.

If you (not you, Estee; a generic "you") think it's going to be possible to move in Doha during the World Cup, with its five soccer stadia (none of which currently exist) scattered around the city, you're a bigger fool than MacGregor. Its traffic jams are going to resemble Buffalo during the recent snowstorm.

Maybe we can hold more one-city World Cups. Won't that be fun?

12-06-10, 09:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites."
I felt he was ignoring the real logistical problems of Qatar hosting in favor of playing the xenophobia card. Which has come out of the deck -- gawds know portions and percentages of this country freak out over anything crossing a township line -- but the fact remains that Qatar isn't even remotely ready for this and a decade of preparation time may not solve all of the problems. Or any of them. Hosting one other sporting event successfully doesn't mean you're ready for the World Cup: that's the equivalent of saying 'Nice job running the student council last week -- Mir. President.' It could work out -- but how do you feel about the odds?

At least you got to add to your maroon collection.

And for everyone's sake, let's hope Atlanta remains the last example of a terrorist at a sporting event. (Other than Belichick, who keeps getting a pass.)

Starshine 4958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-06-10, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites."
Serves me right for drunk posting.

I knew that one of the countries in the Middle East had a lot of the Bulgarian weightlifting team and a number of Kenyan runners move there and I thought it was Qatar, mea culpa.

Ah! I was correct excepting that all the sportspeople that changed nationalities seem to have failed to medal

michel 10844 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-10, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites."
Simply put, this is a big f*** you to the fans.

I didn't know that Bwana Bernie Ecclestone was running the FIFA!

12-05-10, 03:41 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The '18 & '22 World Cup sites."
But wait! Maybe FIFA's playing the part of the good guys today! Maybe they were trying to save us all from Qatar's threats!

'So what are you offering for your World Cup bid?'

'Four dollars a gallon for gas by Christmas.'

'...and if you don't get the Cup?'

'Fifty.'

Silly FIFA. Gas will be fifty dollars a gallon by Valentine's Day anyway!

12-24-10, 08:43 AM (EST)
11. "Gay teen recruits will naturally be executed."
http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/5933045/how-qatar-became-player-world-soccer

I don't believe in 'humanitarian gestures' from cultures that refuse to acknowledge the majority of the species as being human.

10-03-13, 08:40 AM (EST)
12. "Blood for oil soccer."
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9753901/human-rights-concerns-raised-qatar-world-cup

FIFA, if asked for comment, will demand 40% of the estate from each death.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •