The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Let’s talk about the game of the week. "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

kingfish 16150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-13, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Let’s talk about the game of the week. "
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-13 AT 11:00 PM (EST)

The unstoppable offense vs. the Rock of Gibralter defense.

Can the unstoppable Johnny football offense against the rock solid Alabama defense outscore the unstartable Alabama offense against the sorta lame A&M defense?

Game of the year.
A&M has averages 59 offensive points against somewhat stiff warm up game teams, and Alabama's offense has been outscored by both their own defense and their own special teams.

Both teams have had a year to study the other, and it is dead certain sure that both have pretty good plans of attack and defense.

Saban might be the best coach in the country, and Sumlin proved last year that he is in the elite.

In two games A&M has not given up a sack, and Alabama (in one game) has given up four.

So it looks like Alabama will have the best defense, and A&M the best offense. Pretty much the same as last year.

I don't bet on sports, but if I did, I'd take the Aggies simply because of the disparity between the offensive capabilities, and the way that they handled the Alabama defense last year.

Especially with the 7-7 1/2 points being offered.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Let’s talk about the game of th... PepeLePew13 09-14-13 1
   RE: Let’s talk about the game of th... PepeLePew13 09-14-13 2
       RE: Let’s talk about the game of th... kingfish 09-14-13 3
           RE: Let’s talk about the game of th... PepeLePew13 09-14-13 4
               RE: Let’s talk about the game of th... kingfish 09-15-13 5
                   RE: Let’s talk about the game of th... PepeLePew13 09-16-13 6
                       RE: Let’s talk about the game of th... kingfish 09-16-13 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 24753 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-13, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Let’s talk about the game of the week. "
If A&M were able to do any sort of tackling whatsoever, it might be a lot closer. The A&M secondary is completely getting shredded and the Bama offensive line isn't giving an inch, so with that combination along with Manziel's two interceptions, it's quickly becoming an one-sided game.

And we quickly are finding out that Manziel can't tackle worth a lick. Mack Brown tried to recruit him as a defensive back for Texas before Manziel went to A&M as a QB.

35-14 for Bama at the moment.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-14-13, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Let’s talk about the game of the week. "
Now 42-21. A&M's defense is just getting eviscerated with Bama TD drives of 75, 80, 80, 93 and 83 yds in five of their last six.

09-14-13, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Let’s talk about the game of the week. "
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-13 AT 08:58 PM (EST)

According US football rules, a game isn't over until it's over, but I don't know how they do it in Canada.

Alabama didn't even cover the spread.

Manziel missed that tackle, but I don't know that it's all that insightful to criticize a quarterback's tackling skills.

09-14-13, 09:01 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Let’s talk about the game of the week. "
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-13 AT 09:10 PM (EST)

Just thought it was interesting because of all the talk about how he was originally recruited and about how Brown has been making digs at Manziel, just further proving that Manziel made the smart decision to stick to QBing.

As for the point spread, I don't really care about it. If people's lives out there are going to be ruined (or bank accounts & marriages saved, etc.) because of an Aggie TD with 15 seconds left, then oh well. I made my comments based on how the game was going, which was a dominating stretch from about midway through the first quarter into the fourth, and I was in no way saying the game was over in my two posts above. Bama won, which is all I really care about.

09-15-13, 11:02 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Let’s talk about the game of the week. "
"All is quiet in Aggieland,
The mighty Manziel has struck out.
As he took off his helment and sank to his knee,
He was heard to cry "Next year - Two out of three!"

Yeah, Brown could have had Manziel just for the asking. Ironic.

The fact that Alabama didn't cover the spread isn't so much a comment in regard to people's bank accounts(?) as that Alabama didn't "eviscerate" A&M. Far from it, they barely escaped with a win. Neither could stop the other's offense, as it turned out.

And too bad you didn't time your comments for when the Aggies were "eviscerating" Alabama in the first half.

09-16-13, 03:35 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Let’s talk about the game of the week. "
After two early TDs, A&M were stopped a few times and there were two interceptions, so yes, two drives resulting in a TD isn't as dominating as five long, sustained drives for TDs where poor field position should have favoured the other team. A&M did make a game of it in the end, but it was too little, too late.

I'm just glad that the Manziel hype machine won't be going into overdrive for the rest of the season as it would have if he won this game.

09-16-13, 09:53 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Let’s talk about the game of the week. "
Too little defense, too late. But it certainly wasn't too little offense, Johnny and Co. (esp. Evans) did their thing.

But the Johnny Football hype isn’t abating. His performance against Alabama, rolling up offensive stats that haven't been seen against BCS champ Alabama, the vaunted NCAAF No 1 rated defense, in a long time, if ever, is getting him a lot of ink.

The gist of the comments that I've read are to the effect of "Oh yeah, he IS Johnny Football between the lines."

And if he keeps it up, the Manziel for Heisman Hyperdrive will be in gear all season long.

I doubt that any football fan with an ounce of objectivity, even those like you that want to see him fail (a distinct impression I have from reading your posts), can say that watching John Manziel play football isn't fun.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •