The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NHL Playoffs 2013 - Round 2 discussion thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-13, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NHL Playoffs 2013 - Round 2 discussion thread"
sub-threads to come...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 East - #1 Pitt vs #7 Ottawa byoffer 05-14-13 1
   Game 1 - Pitt wins 4-1 byoffer 05-14-13 5
   RE: East - #1 Pitt vs #7 Ottawa aethelstan 05-15-13 6
   Ottawa wins game 3: 2-1 in 2OT aethelstan 05-20-13 18
   RE: East - #1 Pitt vs #7 Ottawa aethelstan 05-23-13 27
   Pittsburgh is the first to clinch a... aethelstan 05-24-13 31
 East - #4 Boston vs #6 NYR byoffer 05-14-13 2
   Game 1: Boston wins 3-2 in OT AyaK 05-17-13 13
   Game 2: Boston wins 5-2 AyaK 05-20-13 19
   Game 3: Boston wins 2-1 AyaK 05-22-13 23
   Game 4: NYR wins 43 in OT AyaK 05-24-13 28
   Game 5 - Boston finished series. byoffer 05-27-13 33
       Boston v. Pittsburgh AyaK 05-29-13 36
 West - #1 Chicago vs #7 Detroit byoffer 05-14-13 3
   Game 1 - Chicago wins 4-1 byoffer 05-15-13 10
       RE: Game 1 - Chicago wins 4-1 HobbsofMI 05-16-13 11
   Game 2: Detroit wins 4-1 AyaK 05-20-13 20
   Game 3: Detroit wins 3-1 AyaK 05-22-13 25
   Game 4: Detroit wins 2-0 AyaK 05-24-13 29
   Game 6... byoffer 05-27-13 32
   Game 7 - is there NO justice? Colonel Zoidberg 05-29-13 37
       RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice? PepeLePew13 05-30-13 38
           RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice? HobbsofMI 05-30-13 39
               RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice? PepeLePew13 05-30-13 42
                   RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice? HobbsofMI 06-01-13 46
                       RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice? PepeLePew13 06-01-13 47
                           RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice? HobbsofMI 06-02-13 48
                               RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice? PepeLePew13 06-07-13 49
                                   RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice? HobbsofMI 06-10-13 50
           RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice? Colonel Zoidberg 05-30-13 40
               RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice? PepeLePew13 05-30-13 41
                   RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice? Colonel Zoidberg 05-30-13 43
                       RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice? AyaK 05-30-13 44
           RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice? byoffer 05-30-13 45
 West - #5 LA vs #6 San Jose byoffer 05-14-13 4
   RE: West - #5 LA vs #6 San Jose aethelstan 05-15-13 7
   Game 1 - LA wins 2-0 byoffer 05-15-13 8
       RE: Game 1 - LA wins 2-0 AyaK 05-15-13 9
           RE: Game 1 - LA wins 2-0 HobbsofMI 05-16-13 12
               RE: Game 1 - LA wins 2-0 AyaK 05-17-13 14
                   RE: Game 1 - LA wins 2-0 HobbsofMI 05-17-13 17
   Game 2: LA wins 4-3 AyaK 05-17-13 15
       RE: Game 2: LA wins 4-3 PepeLePew13 05-17-13 16
   Game 3: San Jose wins 2-1 in OT AyaK 05-20-13 21
       RE: Game 3: San Jose wins 2-1 in OT aethelstan 05-20-13 22
   Game 3: San Jose wins 2-1 AyaK 05-22-13 24
       Make that Game 4 AyaK 05-22-13 26
   Game 5: LA wins 3-0 AyaK 05-24-13 30
   Game 6: San Jose wins 2-1 AyaK 05-28-13 34
   Game 7: LA wins 2-1 AyaK 05-29-13 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-14-13, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "East - #1 Pitt vs #7 Ottawa"
Ottawa took out my Habbies, but Pitt? Only if Anderson stays hot.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-14-13, 11:06 PM (EST)
5. "Game 1 - Pitt wins 4-1"
Pitt shows again they know how to start a series. Let's see how Ottawa responds.

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-15-13, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: East - #1 Pitt vs #7 Ottawa"
Well, on paper, I'd think the Pens will win in 5 (that's what I put in the prediction thread) but one can hope right? I wasn't very happy with Karlsson lackluster pinch which led to the SH goal and with his imitation of a soccer player when Neal grabbed his shoulder.
I still don't think Karlsson's that close to what he was before the injury. He may never be and that would be a real shame.

Here's hoping for a better effort and result on Friday.

05-20-13, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Ottawa wins game 3: 2-1 in 2OT"
Ottawa was 30 seconds away from being down in the series 3-0 but Daniel Alfredsson scores short-handed to push the game into OT where it was eventually won by Colin Greening's goal. Is there anything Alfredsson hasn't yet done for this team? With every big goal like that one, I think, maybe, just maybe that'll be enough to put him in the Hall of Fame.

Spezza played his first game since the fifth game of the season for Ottawa. His ice-time was pretty limited: 4 mins in the 3rd, 3 mins in the first OT. I think that's a wise move.

Karlsson played better, I only watched from the 3rd on but I did see a number of good takeaways including one from Crosby. However, he did make some pretty significant mistakes too and his reputation for being a diver kept a couple of fairly blatant calls from being called against him. (that is, he should probably have drawn 2 penalties but I can't really fault the refs for that. He'll just have to play through until he can't shed that label).

Anderson played exceptionally well. His best game of this series.

Props to Crosby for one play in particular that I commented on when I saw it. I think it was late in the 3rd, Crosby dives to take away the point shot and then from the ice has the presence of mind to push the puck with his stick beyond the blue line.

05-23-13, 03:52 PM (EST)
27. "RE: East - #1 Pitt vs #7 Ottawa"
Pittsburgh shows who's boss and who's still got a lot of work to do to become serious contenders for Lord Stanley's Cup as they thrash Ottawa 7-3.

I think that Alfredsson got his 100th career playoff point with his late goal.

05-24-13, 11:38 PM (EST)
31. "Pittsburgh is the first to clinch a spot in the conf. finals"
The Sens were simply outmatched. They lose 6-2.

A good season overall for Ottawa, especially given that they were not expected to make the playoffs after their remarkable run of injuries. I can only hope that they all learn from this and that the injured players can find their pre-injury form again.

05-14-13, 11:02 PM (EST)
2. "East - #4 Boston vs #6 NYR"
This should be a tough battle with a lot of banging bodies.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-13, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Game 1: Boston wins 3-2 in OT"
Despite starting three rookie defensemen, including one making his playoff debut who was just called up yesterday (Torey Krug -- total experience in the NHL = 3 games), the Bruins won yet another OT game.

05-20-13, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Game 2: Boston wins 5-2"
Bruins D Torey Krug, he of the three total NHL games before game 1 of this series (in which he scored), had a goal and an assist in Game 2. The three rookie defensemen played so well that Zdeno Chara finally got to play less than 30 minutes, which is great, because even Superman gets tired.

05-22-13, 08:17 AM (EST)
23. "Game 3: Boston wins 2-1"
Boston's fourth line produced both Boston goals, including the game-winner with 3:31 to play. Amazing.

05-24-13, 00:56 AM (EST)
28. "Game 4: NYR wins 43 in OT"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-13 AT 02:01 AM (EST)

EDIT: That's 4-3, not 43.

Here in Boston, some radio yakkers were comparing Tuukka Rask to Tim Thomas before this game. But I think we can safely say that most of us know the difference between chicken salad and chicken sh!t. Thomas was chicken salad. Rask is busy creating highlight moments for ineptitude.

The Bruins are the worst series closers in the NHL. The Rangers probably have them right where they want them.

05-27-13, 11:19 PM (EST)
33. "Game 5 - Boston finished series."
The Rangers show that they didn't just underachieve in the season - they are not as good as the Bruins.

Boston moves on to face Pittsburgh.

05-29-13, 06:44 PM (EST)
36. "Boston v. Pittsburgh"
The two cities don't have any kind of rivalry, but the two hockey teams certainly do.

Especially after this.

It's interesting, because D Matt Bartkowski, who was the key part of the trade, was ready to be an NHL starter and was a star in the second round of the playoffs (after spending the first round in the minors) -- although not as big of a star as his fellow marooned-in-the-minors rookie D Torey Krug (4 goals and 1 assist in 5 career playoff games), which is why the Bruins were willing to trade Bartkowski in the first place.

If the Bruins needed any extra incentive, I hope the fact that Iginla publicly dissed them to bolt to Pittsburgh provides it. It certainly provides incentive to Bruins fans to give Iginla a nice Boston welcome every single time he touches the puck.

05-14-13, 11:04 PM (EST)
3. "West - #1 Chicago vs #7 Detroit"
Another Original 6 battle - how could there be 3 in one playoffs?

05-15-13, 11:27 PM (EST)
10. "Game 1 - Chicago wins 4-1"
Chicago looks to be doing their part towards the Chicago-Pitt final many of us expected. (LA might have something to say about that)

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-13, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Game 1 - Chicago wins 4-1"
Det lost their legs in the second and third....I hope the whole series is not like this or it will be very short.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

05-20-13, 00:46 AM (EST)
20. "Game 2: Detroit wins 4-1"
Talk about a complete role reversal.

05-22-13, 08:20 AM (EST)
25. "Game 3: Detroit wins 3-1"
Surprise!

05-24-13, 00:59 AM (EST)
29. "Game 4: Detroit wins 2-0"
Wow. Detroit has seized a 3-1 lead in the series and just needs one win to take out the Black Hawks.

05-27-13, 11:17 PM (EST)
32. "Game 6..."
...pulls fork back out. Huh, apparently the Blackhawks are not done.

Bring on game 7!!

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-29-13, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
Am I the only person who noticed that the game-winning, series-winning goal looked to be preceded by boarding?

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-13, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
Full justice as it made up for the absolutely terrible call made with just under two minutes left in regulation when the ref called off a perfectly good goal by Hjalmarsson after Quincey absolutely manhandled Saad away from the play. Coincidental minors when Saad didn't do anything at all? Should have been a delayed penalty call against Quincey alone and that would still have allowed Hjalmarsson to score.

The correct team deserved the win last night.

05-30-13, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
I didn't see the game, my daughter just won't go to sleep last night until 2 am, but on the replay Saad throw a punch or two at Quincey right in front of the ref. That said....I think it still should have been a delayed call on Quincey only and yes that was boarding on Nyquist but I've only seen one angle on it.

Seems like the refs in this series were horrible as both teams didn't know what was going to be called minute to minute.

05-30-13, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
Could you show me where you saw Saad throwing a punch or two at Quincey?

http://youtu.be/ZCXn5E53AaQ

06-01-13, 06:38 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
Look at the replay on ice level from behind at about the 1:27 mark or your link. CBC had a better shot of it right down the boards but I don't have time to find it right now.

06-01-13, 08:13 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
You can call that a "punch", really? After he was slammed down onto the ice after being reamed face-first into the bench by Quincey? More like a push away after Quincey's head came down as he was dropping Saad off onto the ice.

It was a moot point, but the fact remains that this had the potential to be a dreadful call that would haunt Walkom for years to come if Detroit had won it in OT.

06-02-13, 10:18 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
CBC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJK18_U219o

They have a better shot of it at 1:15 - 1:22 mark.

Yes, that is a punch plus ripping the helmet off. As I said I would have thought if should have been 2 min for Quincy only and I'm assuming that's what the ref saw and gave 2 min for Saad.

06-07-13, 12:35 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
Really? That's the proof you're going with? That's an even more conclusive look that clearly shows that Saad didn't do anything at all and your link makes Quincey look even more guilty.

Was Saad supposed to say, "Please drive your glove right through my jawline and then throw me down to the ice really hard and I'll keep my hands off you in exchange"?

06-10-13, 10:30 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
Is it a punch? A weak one yes but as I've said that's what the ref saw and I disagree with the call.

05-30-13, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
You're kidding, right? The play got waived dead before the goal was scored, and there was a no-call right before that away from the scrum that the Hawks got away with. Waiving off the goal was absolutely the right call.

05-30-13, 11:58 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
Quincey was by far the greater aggressor on that play, so it was an utter joke to give coincidental minors. And the play was called dead a split second before the goal - point is, it was a play that shouldn't have needed to stop the play as is as it should have either been a delayed penalty on Quincey for roughing or let the play go (as there have been far worse transgressions than that in the playoffs, particularly that late in the game).

I haven't met anyone else (other than in this thread) who thought it was a good call.

05-30-13, 04:53 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
The NBC Sports guys seemed to disagree; the intermission guys thought it was a terrible call but the guys doing the broadcast thought it was the right call. Also, it looked like, while Quincey may have gotten a better stranglehold, both guys seemed like they were out of line.

The ref blew the play dead, so given that, there was no way that goal could have been allowed, split-second or no split-second. That fight was going on well before the goal even had a chance to develop.

05-30-13, 05:25 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-30-13 AT 05:27 PM (EST)

What fight? That just looked like an old-fashioned mugging.

Like Pepe, when I saw the replays, I was stunned that someone who at one time had been the NHL's director of officiating (Stephen Walcom) had called offsetting penalties and not just called a delayed penalty against the Wings, which would have permitted the goal to count.

Although I agree with Zoidberg that once the penalty was called, it had to wipe out the goal, no matter how close in time the score was to the penalty, it just looked to me like Walcom didn't have the guts to call the play correctly and perhaps be responsible for a Wings loss.

Bwak. Bwak. Bwak.

Edited to add: Do you think part of the reason that he originally retired from on-ice refereeing was a lack of guts when making hard calls?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Walkom

05-30-13, 09:16 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Game 7 - is there NO justice?"
I completely agree with Pepe on this one. One-sided roughing call shouldn't have stopped the play and Chicago should have won in regulation (or at least got a lead with 1:30 left to go - maybe Detroit would have scored again in the last minute!)

If Chicago hadn't scored in OT it would have seemed like an injustice.

05-14-13, 11:05 PM (EST)
4. "West - #5 LA vs #6 San Jose"
Can the defending champs keep going?

05-15-13, 08:55 AM (EST)
7. "RE: West - #5 LA vs #6 San Jose"
In a word... yes.

Did you know that this is the first time LA has hosted a series since 1992? And they've been to the Cup Finals twice since then!

05-15-13, 10:28 AM (EST)
8. "Game 1 - LA wins 2-0"
LA looked really good in what I saw.

05-15-13, 01:00 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Game 1 - LA wins 2-0"
Quick looks as good as he did last year. No wonder the Kings gave him a 10-year deal.

05-16-13, 02:51 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Game 1 - LA wins 2-0"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-13 AT 09:53 PM (EST)

Way too long of a deal for a goalie....see NYI, Pitt, Van and soon Det and Chi on how long term deals for goalies go.

05-17-13, 11:24 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Game 1 - LA wins 2-0"
Hey, if I ran the Kings, I'd have made the deal. Sure, he could get injured or become ineffective, but that can happen to anyone at any time.

05-17-13, 01:09 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Game 1 - LA wins 2-0"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-13 AT 01:10 PM (EST)

There is only a handful of goalies that stayed in the top echelons for that length of time. It not the he could become ineffective, it's he will and it will be sooner than later.

05-17-13, 11:26 AM (EST)
15. "Game 2: LA wins 4-3"
Kings get a 2-man advantage with under 2 minutes to play and a 3-2 deficit. After a 28 second spurt, the teams were at even strength and the Kings were up by the final score. Ouch.

05-17-13, 12:01 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Game 2: LA wins 4-3"
This was a pretty fantastic game to watch, the epitome of hard-nosed, fast-paced playoff hockey.

05-20-13, 00:48 AM (EST)
21. "Game 3: San Jose wins 2-1 in OT"
Logan Couture scored on Patrick Marleau's assist to prove that even Jonathan Quick can occasionally lose.

05-20-13, 01:10 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Game 3: San Jose wins 2-1 in OT"
Couture for San Jose and Tyler Toffoli for LA are the two best players to come out of the Ottawa 67s in the past handful of years. I don't know if they played with each other or not (just checked, they did in '08-09) so it must be interesting to be facing a former team-mate in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Other good former 67s from that era are Petr Mrazek a goalie in the Detroit system who saw at least one game this season and Shane Prince and Cody Ceci both drafted by Ottawa.

05-22-13, 08:20 AM (EST)
24. "Game 3: San Jose wins 2-1"
You know, San Jose is an enormously talented team that always has failed in the clutch, which is why I didn't pick them to do anything this year in the playoffs. It would be nice to see them shed that label.

05-22-13, 08:22 AM (EST)
26. "Make that Game 4"
Perhaps I should go back to using fingers and toes.

05-24-13, 01:59 AM (EST)
30. "Game 5: LA wins 3-0"
Quick was just too quick. No falling on his butt while a slow-motion shot creeps past into an open goal, like Tuukka Rask. No failing to react when the other team gains control behind then net and then is able to stuff it in, also like Rask. In fact, no Rask impressions at all from Quick, who tossed a shutout at the Sharks.

05-28-13, 09:15 AM (EST)
34. "Game 6: San Jose wins 2-1"
So each of the East series wrapped in 5 games, while both the West series went to Game 7.

05-29-13, 10:36 AM (EST)
35. "Game 7: LA wins 2-1"
Quick was the difference, as usual.

LA advances, and three of the four semifinalists have been decided.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •