The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"College Football discussion thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-12, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"College Football discussion thread"
I am still hoping everything is okay with newsomewayne.

Exciting results this week with Texas A&M beating #1 Alabama. Now there is a chance for the first BCS National Championship game without an SEC team. Not that the SEC is down this year - they hold positions 4 thru 9 - but not the coveted top positions. Think they want a playoff now??

New #1 is Kansas, with Oregon nipping at their heals. If either of those two slip up, then #3 Notre Dame looks poised to do something they haven't for a long time - compete for a national championship.

Still lots of games to be played, but interesting times.

link

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 *pssst* Max Headroom 11-11-12 1
   RE: *pssst* byoffer 11-11-12 2
 RE: College Football discussion thr... Estee 11-12-12 3
 "Sacramentalized Yankee fans." Estee 11-13-12 4
   RE: "Sacramentalized Yankee fans." byoffer 11-14-12 5
   RE: "Sacramentalized Yankee fans." HobbsofMI 11-14-12 6
 Boring game? byoffer 11-17-12 7
   RE: Boring game? Max Headroom 11-17-12 8
   RE: Boring game? byoffer 11-18-12 9
       Updates byoffer 11-18-12 10
           RE: Updates byoffer 11-18-12 11
               RE: Updates AyaK 11-18-12 12
                   RE: Updates Max Headroom 11-18-12 13
 11 - 0! samboohoo 11-18-12 14
   RE: 11 - 0! Estee 11-18-12 15
   RE: 11 - 0! PepeLePew13 11-18-12 16
       RE: 11 - 0! HobbsofMI 11-19-12 18
       RE: 11 - 0! PepeLePew13 11-25-12 24
           RE: 11 - 0! Estee 11-25-12 26
 Play that conference shuffle music ... Estee 11-19-12 17
   RE: Play that conference shuffle mu... HobbsofMI 11-19-12 19
   RE: Play that conference shuffle mu... Max Headroom 11-19-12 20
   RE: Play that conference shuffle mu... AyaK 11-20-12 21
       Rumored realignment AyaK 11-24-12 22
           RE: Rumored realignment HobbsofMI 11-24-12 23
               RE: Rumored realignment AyaK 11-25-12 25
           RE: Rumored realignment AyaK 04-29-13 28
   RE: Play that conference shuffle mu... AyaK 11-28-12 27
 RE: College Football discussion thr... cahaya 05-01-13 29
   RE: College Football discussion thr... kingfish 05-06-13 30
   RE: College Football discussion thr... AyaK 05-06-13 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-12, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "*pssst*"
#1 Kansas State

I have several colleagues who graduated from Kansas State, and they would all be very quick to point out the difference.

Kansas is 1-9 (0-7 Big 12). They're known for basketball, not football.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-11-12, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: *pssst*"
Ack. That's what I meant. I won't fix, and will assume others see your post.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-12, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: College Football discussion thread"
I am still hoping everything is okay with newsomewayne.

I'm guessing there's a 60% chance the election results killed him.

I expect the SEC to secede and hold their own national championship.

11-13-12, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. ""Sacramentalized Yankee fans.""
Sounds about right.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8623235/rooting-undefeated-notre-dame

And it's one of the many reasons I can't ever back them either.

11-14-12, 09:58 AM (EST)
5. "RE: "Sacramentalized Yankee fans.""
That is a great analogy and explains why I have never cheered for Notre Dame (or the Yankees).

That said, I would probably cheer for Notre Dame over Alabama (and maybe any SEC team) getting to the National championship game. Somehow the utter dominance of the SEC needs to be knocked down a peg, and the SEC not having a championship team might help the other conferences.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-12, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "Sacramentalized Yankee fans.""
If ND makes the BSC, they will get killed by any of the other top teams. The barely won against Purdue, UofM, Standford, BYU and Pitt. Biggest frauds out there right now.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

11-17-12, 07:36 PM (EST)
7. "Boring game?"
Imagine going to a college game and the two teams were a combined 6 for 13 passing through the whole game. A total of 119 yards passing. Boring game, right?

Oh, there was some running plays too. Coincidentally 119 of those, for almost 950 yards of running. And some scoring too - 95 points worth total.

I didn't see this game, but sounds like it would actually have been very interesting.

Temple 63 - Army 32

11-17-12, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Boring game?"
I watched the first half of the NC State - Clemson game and there were 65 points scored. In the first half. And the final was 62-48 Clemson, for 110 points total.

At least there was lots of passing in this one.

11-18-12, 00:15 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Boring game?"
Ho hum, Oklahoma beats WVU 50-49 in a game with over 1400 yards of offense.

And in other news, #1 Kansas St is getting spanked by Baylor (52-24 in the 4th).

#2 Oregon has their hands full with Stanford, tied at 14 with 1:30 to go. Wow.

#3 Notre Dame stayed undefeated, so will move into top 2.

Maybe the SEC will get back into the title game.

11-18-12, 00:32 AM (EST)
10. "Updates"
Kansas St has lost.

Oregon is in OT with Stanford. Oregon looked awful on their first possession in OT, and got 0 points. All Stanford needs is a FG to steal this game.

11-18-12, 00:38 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Updates"
Stanford fumbles in OT, but despite a host of Ducks around the ball, Stanford recovers the ball. They kick a 37 yd field goal to win the game.

First time since 2007 that #1 and #2 lose on the same day. Notre Dame will be the new #1, and Alabama will be back in the title game discussions, likely in the #2 spot.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-12, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Updates"
Notre Dame as #1? I don't care if they are unbeaten; ND stinks.

11-18-12, 12:57 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Updates"
Agreed. Hopefully they'll lose next weekend at USC so we avoid having to watch them get pounded in the national championship game.

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-12, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "11 - 0!"
The Irish are Number 1. What else needs to be discussed?

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

11-18-12, 04:52 PM (EST)
15. "RE: 11 - 0!"
There's a subway alumni car leaving Bensonhurst on Track 2 in ten minutes. Be under it.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-12, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 11 - 0!"
What else needs to be discussed? Assuming they get past USC, the next point of discussion will be how badly they'll get pounded by either Alabama or Georgia. Bama has a comparable defense to ND's and a far better offense, plus they've had their reaming-out wake-up call from Coach Saban over losing to A&M.

11-19-12, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 11 - 0!"
Hits Like button.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-12, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: 11 - 0!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-12 AT 01:55 AM (EST)

Just finished watching the ND-USC game. If the Irish play like that again against Bama or Georgia in the national championship game, they'll get killed. The SEC should make it 7 championships in a row.

ETA: I couldn't believe the unspeakably dumb move made by Lane Kiffin - he had USC go for it on fourth and goal at the one, down by nine points with two-plus minutes left in the game. You know you need two scores (a TD and a FG in some order), so why risk coming away without a score? Take the easy FG and then try to hold ND to a three-and-out if the onside kick doesn't work and go for a TD then.

How soon can Lane Kiffin be turfed?

11-25-12, 06:19 AM (EST)
26. "RE: 11 - 0!"
The deity made him do it!

11-19-12, 02:05 PM (EST)
17. "Play that conference shuffle music again."
Maryland heading for the Big 10: Rutgers possibly to follow.

11-19-12, 02:35 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Play that conference shuffle music again."
This make no sense but if it gets right of Leaders/Legends then maybe I'll take it.

11-19-12, 03:31 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Play that conference shuffle music again."
At least this way Indiana gets to lose to some different/new teams in football every season.

11-20-12, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Play that conference shuffle music again."
One on these moves has been all but certain for a while. The only reason that the Big 10 didn't add Rutgers when it added Nebraska is that it wanted to leave two slots open if that would help it lure Notre Dame. When Notre Dame instead opted for the ACC, that ended the reason to stall Rutgers any longer. And there isn't any question that the Big Ten wanted Rutgers, despite Rutgers' funding problems. Frankly, although no one will admit it because of the current cloud over his legacy, adding Rutgers to the Big Ten was one of JoePa's crusades. (The other team he wanted was Syracuse, but it just moved to the ACC itself.)

The other addition is, quite frankly, stunning. There is only one reason to add Maryland, and that's for its TV markets. And the only reason Maryland is interested is that it needs money very badly. However, it does give the Big Ten a potential East-West split that makes sense.

East: Maryland, Rutgers, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana.
West: Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska.

The problem with this alignment is that four of the six strongest football programs are in the East, but that's not insumountable.

11-24-12, 06:55 PM (EST)
22. "Rumored realignment"
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-12 AT 06:57 PM (EST)

The Big Ten doesn't want to blow up the cash cow by putting OSU and Michigan in the same division. So here's the rumored realignment:

East (Leaders): Maryland, Rutgers, Penn State, Ohio State, Indiana, Purdue, Wisconsin.

West (Legends): Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska.

This gives both divisions three currently strong programs (E: OSU, PSU, UW; W: UM, MSU, UNL). The only shift from the current alignment is Illinois to the "West." It also preserves the Little Brown Jug (Michigan-Minnesota) and the Old Oaken Bucket (Indiana-Purdue), with Paul Bunyan's Axe (Minnesota-Wisconsin) becoming an annual cross-division rivalry game like OSU-Michigan.

11-24-12, 06:57 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Rumored realignment"
I know I'm not the best reader as I put words in and flip words around but is Michigan in both your East and West list?

11-25-12, 03:46 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Rumored realignment"
I hope it's just in the West.

04-29-13, 11:17 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Rumored realignment"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-13 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

Nope. Instead, the Big Ten shifted to the East-West format I proposed back in 2010, with the only difference being that Purdue shifts to the West so that Rutgers and Maryland can both be in the East.

East: Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana.
West: Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska.

Edited to add: Here was my original proposal, pre-Leaders & Legends:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID82/2921.shtml#37

11-28-12, 02:27 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Play that conference shuffle music again."
The ACC has already picked Louisville from the Big East to fill its 14th spot, meaning that the Big East now has a whole conference worth of ex-football members:

Miami (FL), Virginia Tech, Boston College, West Virginia, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Louisville.

Connecticut and Cincinnati are stuck with the Not-Ready-for-Prime-Time Players in the Big East:

Connecticut, Cincinnati, Temple, South Florida, and a comedy club of eight non-Eastern schools and a service academy -- Houston, Boise State, San Diego State, Memphis, SMU, UCF, Tulane, ECU, and Navy -- with one slot open.

Maybe it's time for the Big East to give up.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-13, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: College Football discussion thread"
So the BCS becomes the College Football Playoff.

Somehow "CFP" doesn't ring a bell.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-13, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: College Football discussion thread"
CoFoPLop?

05-06-13, 12:23 PM (EST)
31. "RE: College Football discussion thread"
At this time, rankings will play a critical role in making the playoff. So, perhaps a better name for the series would be College Ranking And Playoff (CRAP).

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •